• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7.5/10.

Amazing. Ever since you posted their song 'I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry...' I must say that I quite like this band. And this song is no different. Catchy, melodic, rocky, and groovy of some sorts. I like it. :cool:

Alright, with my opinion of the song out of the way, I'll leave this song here-

:bowser:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 Kill la Kill has some awesome music. I could see this one fitting into Shadow of the Colossus or something.

I just finally learned who sang this song yesterday, have heard it so many times.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Pretty great. Xenoblade has amazing music so it doesn't surprise me to hear that fact in this track.

Anyway, unto the track I'll leave, here it is-

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7.5/10.

Like I have said many times before, Xenoblade X has great music. This one track is no exception.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. For fans of Post-Hardcore and Rock-

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10

This track is probably the closest to mainstream a hardstyle genre song has ever been.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I know Jon Bon Jovi is considered one of those "legends"....but I guess I'm in the severe minority because I absolutely can't stand any of his songs as recorded. He's an amazing singer, the lyrics at times are great (other times very corny), and I respect that he actually sings very good live as well as plays instruments....but I will 100% skip any of their songs anytime they happen to come on.

IMO this chick has a very whiny voice and it's weird to hear her sing about things one can only assume she has no clue about.

3/10

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
3/10

That ain't my style of funk.

IMO this chick has a very whiny voice and it's weird to hear her sing about things one can only assume she has no clue about.
I dunno about that. She does voice work, and one of her most notable characters is a western stereotypical child, but I won't bore you with the details due to special circumstances you may or may not understand.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
3/10

That ain't my style of funk.

I dunno about that. She does voice work, and one of her most notable characters is a western stereotypical child, but I won't bore you with the details due to special circumstances you may or may not understand.
"special circumstances"....oh boy I'd love to her this....

So she plays a child pony who has a young whiny voice....plus it's called acting....plus very rarely do people's singing voice sound like their real voice. My opinion is that she has a whiny singing voice, you obviously think different. Neither are facts. I mean people who have bad voices get voice work all the time because they happen to be good at expressing and emoting.

That song has been posted before, it's a good one. I think I've played that CD way too many times in my life though.
7.5/10

Love this rendition, especially the middle acapella part. Gave me the shivers the first time I heard that bit.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5 - She's a very talented singer and this is a great live performance, but I'm not too much of a fan of the harmonica part in this song and she went a bit flat near the end of the acapella part. I also looked up a translation of the lyrics on this song and it's a really bland and generic love song, but has some brilliant imagery.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7.5 - She's a very talented singer and this is a great live performance, but I'm not too much of a fan of the harmonica part in this song and she went a bit flat near the end of the acapella part. I also looked up a translation of the lyrics on this song and it's a really bland and generic love song, but has some brilliant imagery.
Well I can't assume your knowledge of this stuff, but I'm sure you already know that languages rarely translate into English very well. Spanish/Italian can because they have a far more limited vocabulary than we do (and they are Latin based), but the Japanese language is notorious for never translating well since they have words/expressions for things we don't even have in the English language. Unless it's re-written by the actual artist in a an English version I wouldn't trust any translation (especially on some random site on the internet). There is a cover re-made in English but there were a lot of liberties taken with the lyrics (they are quite different).

edit: to rate the song 8/10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What was so bad about it? i really wanted a opinion on it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
That was pretty neat. 7/10

Last edited by a moderator:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I just recently went through all of David Bowie's discography again.
The only ones I found myself still liking were Starman, Life on Mars, Let's Dance, and Ziggy Stardust. Changes did not age well with my tastes, can't explain it but the chorus annoys me now.
6/10

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
7.5/10

Ah, Pikmin... This whole song explains their life story...

Rest in peace, David Bowie... You will always be remembered...

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Rest in peace, David Bowie... You will always be remembered...
woah, I didn't even know yet....crazy

What an odd coincidence that I decided a week ago to go through and listen to all his albums again...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
woah, I didn't even know yet....crazy

What an odd coincidence that I decided a week ago to go through and listen to all his albums again...
Also, if you re-listened to his discography a week ago, you missed his most recent album. His last album was released on the 8th, three days ago (two before his death, also happened to be his birthday).

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Ah yes I forgot to list that song, I actually really like the Nirvana version as well. (I think I might have posted that one earlier? not sure)

8.5/10

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I've discovered that almost every Maroon 5 song translates really well to solo piano

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10
I actually liked that Maroon 5 song. Don't usually like their stuff, but this one and Sugar are my favorites.
I also didn't know what this one was called, so thanks.

I love Undertale. Don't understand people's obsession with Mettaton, but I love his song.
Especially the little trumpet solo thing towards the end. Gets me every time.

Last edited:

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
8/10
The first part of the song reminds me of a metropolis like setting, and even though I've never played or seen much of Undertale, the rest of the game has to have a pretty good soundtrack. Kind of got thrown off guard by the sudden music change near the middle.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5.5/10.

Not acknowledgable with the Binding of Isaac, but for what it is, the track is kind of cool. The combination of rock, 'techno', and orchestration-esque music are quite alright IMO.

So, with that out of the way, here's this track that I'll leave here-

;).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - That sounded great and I assumed it came out 10 years ago (it gave off a lot of 2000's vibes), but then I looked them up and it turns out that song was released this year. Thanks for showing me a cool band, Kaiju!

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I definitely prefer Chrono Cross music over CT, this one's okay. A bit repetitive, but future jazzy in a very SNES way.
6/10

I think this song was posted on the first page, thought it was worth a re-post. I know like 3-4 people who frequent now will absolutely love it.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
8/10

Nice little music video with the lyrics provided. This is overall a great song.

I decided to listen to some of the singles off of David Bowie's final album, and I really enjoyed listening to them... This song in particular was powerful to me, and so hauntingly beautiful...

Top Bottom