• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
dannnnnnng.....that is quite possibly the worst Bloc Party song I've ever heard. Kele's voice is pretty awesome but it gets annoying fast when he's just making noises and pseudo screaming. 2/10

I do like most of their mainstream stuff, but actually this deep cut is my favorite from them. It's a shame Kele can never sing it live, I don't think it's possible.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Very calm and nice sounding. Not what I normally listen but I liked it for what it is.

Anyway, I'll leave this here-

:bowser:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
dannnnnnng.....that is quite possibly the worst Bloc Party song I've ever heard. Kele's voice is pretty awesome but it gets annoying fast when he's just making noises and pseudo screaming. 2/10

I do like most of their mainstream stuff, but actually this deep cut is my favorite from them. It's a shame Kele can never sing it live, I don't think it's possible.

6/10 - Sounds like every other Shonen Anime intro. Not too special, might be better if I understood what any of them were saying.

Anyways, merry Christmas, happy holidays, and all that jazz.

EDIT: Sorry, Plunder. I was originally going to quote your song and give it a 7.5 for never seen that band other than Ocarina mentioning it everyone once in a while and I should look more into Bloc Party, but two posts happened while I was searching for a great version of that song.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, funny story about this guy: I actually saw him live when I was younger with my family, and this was one of the songs he did. Granted I don't know too much of it since I was maybe 13 or so when we saw it, but I remember liking it enough. And while I may not be as much into the faith as I was when I was younger, I do think it still holds up in many aspects.

7/10

Also, being that this is Christmas and all...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Weird Al is always fun to hear, and with the time of the year, this fits. Nice song.

Speaking of which, here's this track-

:seuss:.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It's definitely one of the lesser known Christmas songs (Mary did you Know), really it was The Voice winner performing that on the Finale has brought it into popularity finally. Now I hear every station playing it in their rotation.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
It's definitely one of the lesser known Christmas songs (Mary did you Know), really it was The Voice winner performing that on the Finale has brought it into popularity finally. Now I hear every station playing it in their rotation.
That's interesting; I didn't actually know it was The Voice (haven't watched those shows since Clay Aiken won (fun fact: he tried running for congress in my humble state of NC, but he lost (good riddance))). Our local radio station started playing various versions of it in the early 2000s, so it's surprising to me that the song is not so well-known.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
IMO I'm surprised it gets played at all. It's more a religious song, than a Christmas song. The progression and some of the lyrics are a bit depressing compared to the usual. And really Christmas was never about Jesus Christ....it was a Pagan holiday about Winter Solstice that was shoe-horned into Christian religion (in an attempt to absorb secular traditions). Jesus was supposedly born sometime in early January (most scholars report it as January 6th, but some say Nov. 18, others say late March, no one actually knows)

Some probably already knew this stuff, regardless it has become a lovely American tradition that has almost come full circle. But it makes me laugh when I see Christians on their soapboxes complaining about how people have forgotten it's all about Christ and not about gifts, decorations, merriment, and family. No....actually it's about whatever anyone wants it to be about, nowhere in the Bible does it ever say anything about December 25th and it was a secular holiday LONG before it was hijacked by Christians.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, then, in that case, back to the music.

The one only above me is the one posted so, I'll give an 8/10. Hehe. Regardless of message or technicalities of the date, or religion, it is still a fun song to hear to fit that jolly feeling of harmony of whatever time fo the year it so for someone. So there's that to consider.

And with that, I'll leave this other track here-

:seuss:.

Last edited:

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice

I posted it because it was bad. This band is probably my favourite ever but Intimacy is a bad attempt at an electronic album. Kele's solo stuff makes it a lot better and tones it down. Actually it's the second worst. The one below you is the worst. New lineup in the band and this song is pure ****. Matt Tong is irreplaceable I think.

Anyway a rating for Giga Kaiju's song: 3/10

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
5/10

Let me get this straight, so you're saying "This Modern Love" is pure sh*t, their worst song ever and it's even worse than the terrible song you posted from them?

If so well that's probably one of the worst music opinions I've ever heard in this entire thread so far, and I'm sure 99.9% of Bloc Party fans would disagree unconditionally.

I actually do not know if this one had been posted already

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
5/10

Let me get this straight, so you're saying "This Modern Love" is pure sh*t, their worst song ever and it's even worse than the terrible song you posted from them?

If so well that's probably one of the worst music opinions I've ever heard in this entire thread so far, and I'm sure 99.9% of Bloc Party fans would disagree unconditionally.

I actually do not know if this one had been posted already

I meant the Love Within!!! xD Sorry for the misunderstanding. If you look back in the thread I already posted This Modern Love and said I loved it.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 I'm not sure if it has, but Cake is one of those bands whose sound was super ahead of its time and fortunately, they got noticed and hugely popular.

Watch the video for this one; it won't make much sense otherwise.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4/10.

Not a huge fan of his comedy, kind of prefer the most known anyway, but not by much. Still kind of funny at times, though.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here-

A song kind of fitting for this time of the year and 'coldness' of the season.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - This album is probably on my top 10 of all time. Pretty much each song could be a single because they're masterfully crafted.

Not sure if this has been posted here before, but if it has, it must have been a while ago.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10

Woah thank you so much for posting something from Cold.....I had completely forgotten about them, the second I saw that album in the picture I was reminded of one of my all time favorites from years ago "No One"

p.s. fun fact this song had the most ambiguous lyrics because of how the lead singer pronounces them. I think like 80% of this song I sung the wrong lyrics until I saw them finally.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Kk, challenge time. I'll type the lyrics as I hear them.

You love count on a-runnin' believe
No one was sent to get mail
Well I feel like I'm in a raise
No one god loved you
Well I'm old alone
No one was sent to get mail
Well I'm old alone
No one god loves you

(But I'm fine) No one god loves you
(But I'm fine) No one god loves who

Well I can't even breathe when I sing
The pictures sent without you
Well I feel like I'm be in a raced
No one god love, too
Well I'm old alone
No one was sound to gout mawm
Well I'm old alone
No one god loves you

(But I'm fine) No one god loves you
(But I'm fine) No one god loves who
(And I'm fine) No one god loves you
(And I'm fine) No one god loaf

I'm so sick of this terrible instinct
It's so hot now, just defined you
It's so hot now, just defined you
I can only hones yow
******' only find you

(But it's fine) No one god loves you
(But it's fine) No one god loved you
(But it's fine) No one god loved who
(Well it's mine) No one god loaf
Interesting song. "No one god loaf" is senior quote material. 8/10.

Anyways, here's a pretty chill track. I usually hate Rap, but Jurassic 5 is just too good:

Last edited:

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Backing is dope 8.5/10. Reminds you how good rap used to be.
And here's more indie rock cos' I'm boring.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4/10.

Not my cup of tea, but it sounded ok for what it is. Liked it little bit. (Not a huge fan of Indie Rock that much but it is alright on ocassions...)

Anyway, I'll leave this here-

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.25/10 - The amount of influence Metallica has had on metal is insane. You can hear a LOT of modern songs that have riffs that are heavily influenced by Metallica.

Filter is an interesting band. Most people either love them or hate them.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8.25/10 - The amount of influence Metallica has had on metal is insane. You can hear a LOT of modern songs that have riffs that are heavily influenced by Metallica.

Filter is an interesting band. Most people either love them or hate them.
Yea Metallica, Black Sabbath, and Iron Maiden most definitely set the bar for where metal music would end up. I haven't really heard anything new or interesting in the genre since. Metallica especially has a special place in my music library because of how diverse their music was even back then; a metal band that was actually very musically talented. Each album was actually worth buying, every song worth listening.

I'll let the next person score that song since I really don't like it, but I like Filter's other singles.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
4/10
So so hyped for what's to come with this band. I honestly couldn't pick which track to use so I recommend you listen to some of their other stuff.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4/10.

It was intriguing. Not my type of music, but its instrumental were alright, I guess.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here-

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Always like hearing traditional raga Indian scales and stuff used in different genres of music.
7/10

My favorite Arcade Fire song (I think)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Ok song. The melodic instrumentals are quite something, and the vocals are fine.

Anyway, I'll leave this other track here-

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Haven't seen KLK yet but the track is quite something. I like the beat it has. Kind of industrial-pop-chant-esque.

Alright, to keep up with the Mother/Earthbound tracks, hehe, I lastly leave this one here:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - I've heard it a few too many times because Brawl soundtrack, but the polka in the background always makes me want to dance.

If you ever feel like completely and utterly demolishing something, this is your song:

D

Deleted member

Disregard this post when rating.
6/10.

Haven't seen KLK yet but the track is quite something. I like the beat it has. Kind of industrial-pop-chant-esque.
You really should it's REALLY good. avi is also related, i really love Nui.

Rosten

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSerif
I like how the "instrumental" music, and the sort of bouncy, swingy vibe it has, but, even though the singer's voice was pretty nice, I feel like the lyrics were more or less out of place, and kind of unnecessary. This might be the compositional stickler in me, but I'll still give it an 8/10 for prosperity's sake.

And here's my entry with one of my favorite, albeit unused thus-far songs from the Game Over Homestuck album, it's pretty long, and for that I do apologize (But not really, all six minutes are lovely, in my opinion, at least) I think it really does a wonderful job at representing the feeling of a ultimate battle, not ultra-intense like you'll see some music go for, but still quickly paced with it's own sort of elegance to it.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
hmmm.....very dissident, discordant, unpredictable, random, 2spooky, avant-garde....

I appreciate the originality, don't think I'd ever listen to it again but it deserves at at least a 8/10 for accomplishing what it's meant to emotionally and musically.

Pop music is getting real strange these days, EDM everywhere. At least it's not all Britney Spears or Backstreet Boys anymore, please let's not go back to the dark days....

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
hmmm.....very dissident, discordant, unpredictable, random, 2spooky, avant-garde....

I appreciate the originality, don't think I'd ever listen to it again but it deserves at at least a 8/10 for accomplishing what it's meant to emotionally and musically.

Pop music is getting real strange these days, EDM everywhere. At least it's not all Britney Spears or Backstreet Boys anymore, please let's not go back to the dark days....

I couldn't agree more. The Backstreet Boys are pretty much the ****tiest music group of their kind. A real stain upon the music industry. Anyone who says otherwise is painting targets on themselves you can see from ten miles away.

As for the song you posted, 5/10

Top Bottom