• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - It's pretty good, but part of me can't get over the fact it sounds like they just copied some of the melodic line from the chorus of Regret Message, made it faster, and changed keys. It might just be me, but they sound a little too similar.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
6/10
Just a little too loud and a little too long for my tastes.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - It's a nice little tune I suppose, but I feel like the 8-bit compression is holding it back a bit (or a byte) and I got bored of it fairly quickly. Also, not a huge fan of the wierd vocal noises at 2:29.

D

Deleted member

That guitar is hella rockin', the drums too. I really like the sound and beat of it overall. 9/10

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
8.5 It brings memories of my first playthrough

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Well the band seem skilled enough and the vocal is clean (I personally like female vocals) However, it's not really my style of music and I guess personal opinion actually have something to say on this thread. So 6/10

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Damn, such a moving performance...
*sniff*
What the... Get out of here!
4/10

I'm not going to continue the trend tho. Sorry.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10
It's a nice song, but what makes it stand out is that it's very different from the original. It's great.
This one's got kind of an 80's feel to it. Sorta.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
8.5/10. I can tell the feel the 80s, but that's not a bad thing.

edit: video is about 2 mins~ longer then the song.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
9/10
Oh wow. I love the eastern style/influence, and it works very well.

How could I forget this song?

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
10/10

I should really think about listening to more Gorillaz songs; this song is awesome.

Here's one particular song that always gets in my head.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
9/10
I actually LOVE this song, but I never bothered to buy it, search for it, or even figure out what it's called. Well, there you go!

Everybody likes Earthbound, right? Have a really well done piano cover.
Also, he's WEARING A FAMICOM ON HIS HEAD

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - I've only ever played Earthbound, but all of the Mother games have a wonderful soundtrack. This guy did a great job.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
9/10

Say, have you ever wanted to hear Pat Boone do a swing cover of classic metal songs? Of course you do...

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Smell Like Teen Spirit is one of those very odd phenomenas.....it's a wonder that internationally it's such a massive hit.

Since it was Nirvana the chords and instrumentation were of course very simple and repetitive, but the lyrical content is either genius or it's just the vague ramblings of an obvious drug induced stupor. Both ways it seems to be open to a million interpretations, some pretty deep despite the lazily thrown in words for the sake of "it rhymes but makes no sense". But......what if perhaps thats the whole idea since the song has a tone of breaking the 4th wall and looking from the outside in at what it is to be a famous entertainer and maybe making fun of how serious some songwriting can be.

the swing version takes a bit away from the intention I perceive, but still well produced obviously.
7/10

So personally, I can easily say that this is the best live performance of any song ever from any artist I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - He's good, but there are a number of bands that I would argue are better live (such as Queen, Foo Fighters, Styx, Boston, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, etc.)

Here is another band I think does better live:
I'm not sure if I posted this one before, but this vid just proves how good The Strokes are live. You only have to listen to the first song (until about 3:40-ish), but the whole concert is great.

EDIT: Sorry, posted a FF vid. Corrected.

Last edited:

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
8/10 - He's good, but there are a number of bands that I would argue are better live (such as Queen, Foo Fighters, Styx, Boston, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, etc.)

Here is another band I think does better live:
I'm not sure if I posted this one before, but this vid just proves how good The Strokes are live. You only have to listen to the first song (until about 3:40-ish), but the whole concert is great.

EDIT: Sorry, posted a FF vid. Corrected.
I'm biased but 10/10 :D.

I see your Strokes and raise you a Franz Ferdinand (not live).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.75/10 - Hmmm... I'd never listened to anything from Franz Ferdinand other than Take Me Out. I may have to look into more of their stuff.

This the best choral piece I've ever heard, and it's concert band incarnation (I learned it because we played it in band one day) isn't too bad either.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I think that's been posted before

I've heard it way too many times, it's a bit lost on me now 7.5/10

If it was the first 10 time hearing it I probably would give it a 9/10

I had forgotten about Fievel Goes West, got to find my copy....

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10

A potent case of a cover being massively better than an original. Robyn is a garbage vocalist and musician but she can write some great songs.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5.5/10.

Groovylicious. Not my kind of music but I liked it for what it is. Catchy and fun.

Anyway, I'll leave this here after many days of not posting in the topic.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10

It's pretty good, but something really bothers me about the drums on almost all the songs you've posted from this genre. They sound robotic (I'm guessing they are all triggered and quantized), it doesn't sound like a human playing an actual instrument.

Here's a Christmas song that is getting a lot of playtime now, hardly ever remember any station playing this Beach Boys song so much in past years.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
7/10

It's pretty good, but something really bothers me about the drums on almost all the songs you've posted from this genre. They sound robotic (I'm guessing they are all triggered and quantized), it doesn't sound like a human playing an actual instrument.

Here's a Christmas song that is getting a lot of playtime now, hardly ever remember any station playing this Beach Boys song so much in past years.

6/10
DON'T BLAME THE CANADIANS!

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10
Funny lyrics, nice beat.

Something more peaceful, from my favorite game.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8.5/10

Oh man I love the sound of any FM synth bass. Instantly reminds me of the era of MS-DOS and Genesis games.

Here's one of my favorite piano pieces to play. I'm pretty sure it also helped me get my first girlfriend in college. Over lunch I mentioned I taught myself piano, she asked me to play something for her sometime, in between classes took her to one of the soundproof piano practice rooms, played this masterpiece for her. Pretty sure I could actually see the moment I was promoted out of the friend-zone as I looked over at her mid-song. :shades:

Top Bottom