• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7.5/10.

Nice. It is the first time I hear about this band, and I'm not dissapointed. It is really good. Very old-west/nordic mix of awesomeness. I may give them a chance and dig more music about them. :cool:

Anyway, I'll leave this track here in my post-

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10

I've always felt that this song is like Metroid Prime music but preformed only with Game & Watch sounds. 2spooky.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10.

One of my favorite songs involving Game & Watch, if not, the upmost favorite. Love the techno feel of it with foreboding music added to it. Just great.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here:

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Rather liked that one, it's like a harder Linkin' Park
8/10

So Adam Lambert, whether you like him or not probably has the most power and range of any male vocalist in the current charts. One thing I respect about him above all is how he's usually better live than in the studio. I haven't liked his past songs too much, but his new album is pretty dang good (this being the title track). He messes up a bit near the end in this vid; he had a stellar flawless live performance on X-Factor UK this Sunday (where I first heard it) but I can't find a VOD of it.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10 Yeah, his new album is pretty good. And I never did pay attention, but he does have a huge vocal range.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 Yeah, his new album is pretty good. And I never did pay attention, but he does have a huge vocal range.
8/10 I'm loving all the chips you post

You should watch all his American Idol performances.....his range is absolutely insane and the power across it seems unreal. There's a reason Queen chose him as a replacement after Freddie had been gone so long.

This band is killing it right now, hit after hit.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
9/10 Don't know the band, but if they're killing it, I can see why. I really love this piece, wow. Probably going to be stuck in my head for a few days.

I'm loving all the chips you post
:love: Thanks, but I need to listen to something else before my head explodes. Back to pokemon, I guess.
I love the solo at the end of this piece.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - Still not a fan of the remixes because I don't like them as much as the originals.

Now for a different song (if the sad songs from Alter Bridge sound a bit Creed-like, it's because this band got him after Creed broke up.)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7.5/10.

One of their most 'moving' songs in their repertory. Up there with 'Broken Wings' and 'Watch Over You'. Other 'slow yet meaningful songs by them. Nice song either way. :cool:

Alright, then, I'll leave this track here-

:bowser:

D

Deleted member

although it loops for one hour it was worth it.
10/10

Next one contains Xenoblade spoilers (Not X) open at your own risk

Last edited by a moderator:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10.

Assuming it is a Xenoblade X which OST is really aces as a given, I dont need to hear it.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here. No spoilers with this one. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

(Disregard this post when rating.)
8/10.

Assuming it is a Xenoblade X which OST is really aces as a given, I dont need to hear it.
I might have not been clear enough

it's the final boss theme from Xenoblade on the Wii/New 3ds
Not X

Last edited by a moderator:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh. Hence the 'assuming' part. Oh well, still spoilerish, so I'll stay clear and think that it is good since those two games have good OST's.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5.5/10 - I usually like to be able to hear what the vocalist is saying. I liked the chorus, but not much else.

Fun Fact: This album was originally named Bleed American and was sold as such for about one and a half months, but then had to be re-named after 9/11.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - Love Van Halen. Nobody else could shred like him back in his day, and few can live up to his standard even today.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I have very high standards when it comes to musicals, the genre itself I actually can't stand since it all feels to fake and theatrical.

But The Night Before Christmas is most definitely an exception. The lyrics and tone are so brilliant, most of the songs are instant classics. :skull: 8.5/10 :skull:

This video quickly shot to the top of my all time favorite music videos the second I first saw it. It's just a masterpiece IMO, simple....but paired with the song; on the first viewing it had me tearing up from the joy and nostalgia thinking about my own life so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

9/10. Not gonna lie, you were right about it being pretty fantastic. I get sentimental over a lot of stuff and this isn't helping. ;-;

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
4/10 Eh, I didn't really enjoy the song that much. Though maybe I would've appreciated it more if I'd played Mother 3 before.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
6/10 for the song.

+2 for Transformers.

8/10 overall.

Happy December. Here's a TSO track to celebrate.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
9/10. Not gonna lie, you were right about it being pretty fantastic. I get sentimental over a lot of stuff and this isn't helping. ;-;

I liked the song, I've only ever played Earthbound but the one you posted reminds me of Radical Dreamers from Chrono Cross

8/10 for TSO
It's EVERYWHERE now, started to sound dated but still preferable to a lot of Holiday music

Gran Turismo 2 had a great soundtrack, I'll be posting some...

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10
It's got a really cool/smooth sound, although I kept waiting for it to become something more (Am I making any sense?). It didn't really develop and got a little stale after a while. Still good tho.
And I still can't get 'Meatloaf - Alive' out of my head, and it's been 3 weeks...

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It was kind of average for me 6.5/10
some of the instrumentation reminded me of groundislava

Brad's got a sick voice

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - I thought it was alright. It's good chill music, I appreciated the stage personas that all of them had, the vocals were on-point, and I laughed way too hard at 1:49 because some dude randomly decided to stroke the drummer's back. The song itself seemed extremely repetitive, but I was too busy chilling to have it bother me too much.

Fun fact: AAF actually got arrested for doing this, but were released shortly afterwards. They played this during the red carpet event without permission, and the news report at the end is legit. The crashing of the event is their music video, but there is a small part of the song cut out in that version.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
6/10
It's not one of my personal favorite Santana songs. And I couldn't give less of a crap about Rob Thomas.

Or, if you want the full experience:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
4/10 Meh.

I'm not copying you. That's my legitimate reaction.
Merry Christmas eve-eve-eve-eve-eve-eve-eve-eve...

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
10/10

TSO, all the way!

And now for another song by them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom