• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.5/10 - It's fine I guess, but it's kinda repetitive and just seems dull. I've not listened to much Bruce Springsteen outside of his super popular stuff so he might be an acquired taste, but I found it rather boring.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
6.5/10 - It's fine I guess, but it's kinda repetitive and just seems dull. I've not listened to much Bruce Springsteen outside of his super popular stuff so he might be an acquired taste, but I found it rather boring.

Speaking of dull and repetitive, I do like the Raconteurs though 7.5/10

Streets of Philadelphia has like 40,000,000+ combined views on YT, was number 1 in like 12 countries for a while and won a Grammy, Academy Award, and Golden Globe...I guess I consider that super popular.

Music is subjective of course, just thought I'd point that stuff out though.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10 for the novelty factor

So if I was trying to introduce dubstep to someone who I knew wouldn't like it....I think this song would have the best chance. Unlike most dubstep this has at least a tiny bit of thought and patience put into the melody, progression, and composition.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
5/10
I'll be honest, I don't care for Train. To me, they're boring at best, and stupid at worst. Calling All Angels is on the more boring side of the spectrum. It's like the song your mother plays in the car on the way to Sunday School when Creed is too far from the driver's seat.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7.5/10
Pretty good but that triangle wave lead needed to be EQ'ed or put through a LPF. Too much treble resonance, sort of was annoying and loud with headphones.

You either love this one or you hate it.
It's goofy and high energy, enjoy grumpy-pants.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
7/10 This probably my favorite Pokemon song, but I feel there's something in the original that this version just fails to capture.
8/10It's both painful and wonderful at the same time.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - Jethro Tull is an old kooky band with a great voice, a good tone on the flute, and some of the catchiest, strangest songs I've ever heard. They're wonderful.

Anyways, we need a revival of garage bands.

EDIT: Was treating Jethro Tull as one guy. Whoops lol

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Anyways, we need a revival of garage bands.
They're definitely out there, they just aren't topping the charts. However you can catch them at your local pub/club/venue/warped tour.

I like most of The Hives' backlog, it used to be in my mp3 player a lot while I would skateboard.
8.5/10

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Pretty good but that triangle wave lead needed to be EQ'ed or put through a LPF. Too much treble resonance, sort of was annoying and loud with headphones.
Somebody loves making music. I tried to get into it, but schoolwork got the better of me, so I don't know that much, but at least I know enough to understand what you're talking about. And I agree. It is a little loud and sharp, wish it were toned down.

9/10, classic song :p Also, you skateboard? Cool. I'm probably the least sporty person you'll ever meet.

I can't get this song out of my head recently.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
As the kids say nowadays "YAAAASSSS QUEEN" 8.5/10
"Who Wants to Live Forever" is my all time favorite from them.

The production on this track is one of my favorites, it's a bunch of things mashed together that shouldn't sound good but they do.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Kind of interesting music video. Not what I expected, but it was something. On the song, not my type, but kind of curious.

Anyway, I'll leave this song here-

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.5/10 - Pretty good I guess, but I've been spoiled by Bravely Default. High-energy violin VGM will never be the same again.

Posting this before I'm off to bed.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I've always loved Rush's instrumentation, but I've never liked the vocals on like 95% of their tracks unfortunately.
7/10

So guys and gals. If your A.D.D. can allow you to make it to 3:39, you will experience a drop that's better than 99% of all EDM drops in the past decade :estatic: muhauhauhaa (don't skip to it, you'll ruin the build up)

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - He can feel the air tonight especially well with that balding head.

Now for something completely different:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Primus is one of those bands where all their greatest songs get the least views on Youtube, but their weirdest and least playable on the radio songs get the most views.

I give Wynona's Big Brown Beaver a 5/10 - it means well but it's too big, it's too brown, and it's too hairy. Sorry Wynona.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
4/10 - I might have given this song a higher rating if it didn't have that really bad digital flutter-tounged-sounding instrument. That gives me PTSD from playing Monster's Inc for the GBC when I was a kid. I just remembered that game and now I want to forget as soon as I can.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10 - Nice beat, but lyrics kind of sad. Makes me think, and I don't want to do that right now.
More pokemon remixes. This is like the fourth one I've put here.
Please don't complain about triangle waves again, I love those...

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
8/10

It's pretty good. It would be rated more, but remixes aren't quite my thing.

Here's another interesting mashup.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
9/10, love both of these songs a lot, that's awesome.
Getting back into the Electro-Swing of things :p Bad pun, i'm sorry.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7.5/10

4/10 - I might have given this song a higher rating if it didn't have that really bad digital flutter-tounged-sounding instrument. That gives me PTSD from playing Monster's Inc for the GBC when I was a kid. I just remembered that game and now I want to forget as soon as I can.

oh do you mean this one :troll:

7/10 - Nice beat, but lyrics kind of sad. Makes me think, and I don't want to do that right now.
More pokemon remixes. This is like the fourth one I've put here.
Please don't complain about triangle waves again, I love those...
Nothing wrong with that lead, sounds like a nice low res FM Vibe patch (like from a Yamaha PSS 480 or DX7)

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - Pretty catchy and one of the best Electro-Swing songs I've heard, but I'm honestly more of a fan of Neo-Swing (Royal Crown Revue, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, etc.)

6.75/10 - I have fond memories of this series, the first one I would give a 7.5/10 because it's wonderful and the second I would give a 6/10 because of song length and how generic it is. I'll just average the two.

oh do you mean this one :troll:

Anyways, I'll leave this and then head off to bed.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10, I've got this one in my playlist, one of my favorite ones. Excellent choice.
Last Airbender, you say? The only song I actually remember from that is from Iroh's Tale in the Tales of Ba Sing Se.
Prepare for feels...
Now for my actual song, and something a little more upbeat. Yes, it's another pokemon remix. I'm sorry, I just love these.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know if I've ever said this, but remixes have always been iffy with me. At best, they're a neat remake of a beloved tune. At worst, I could just simply listen to the original and get a better outcome.

So then it's a good thing I've never cared for the Pokemon OST. Maybe it's just me, but it's always been a franchise who's music never appealed to me. And yet somehow it's one of the biggest franchises to remix. I mean, look I liked Route 1's music as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't stick it up there with the titans of video game music.

This kinda feels the same way to me. I'm sure for many it's a great tune, but I myself don't care for it. I'll at least give credit where credit is due and give a middle of the road 7/10.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 Flogging Molly is the best kind of molly

Remixes for me have to focus on the best part of the original and expand upon that or enhance it, but they are highly subjective since everyone has different favorite parts and different genres they like.

This is probably the most played remix I have had on my mp3 player for almost 7 years now.

The version here has the long intro since it's the original mix (which allows for DJs to blend intro outros), I can't find the shortened remix I have currently (which is better). Definitely a song that requires good speakers or headphones to hear everything going on.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10 Good old Coldplay. Also, the remix pretty swell, although as you said the intro is a bit long.
The thing with remixes is that I listen to the original, and always wonder whether it could be done better. There's always a certain part that I like, so I want the remix to capitalize on that specific section.

Some song I found. Apparently, it's also part of the Fifa 14 soundtrack, although I've never played/cared about that franchise.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
3/10.

Alright song. Not my type of music but it was okayish.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here-

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Get up, listen up, I've got something to say.
Don't worry about it, it's your opinion. Now for mine.
3/10 Metal/Whatever this is isn't my thing.

Some kind of techno/trance thing. Found this four years ago, when it was new... wow.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
They don't make uplifting trance like that anymore, had a sort of peppy meoldy in there that reminds me of Kirby OSTs
7.5/10

Everyone knows this melody, whether you want to or not. Very odd how this became a sports chant.
FUN FACT - the notes to the main melody in order are identical to "Greensleeves" just with different timing and instruments of course

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - I recognize it as the sports song because I've heard the crowd chants for this numerous times, and that one melody is nice and catchy, but that melody for three minutes straight gets rather dull.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
SHAMELESS PLUG-IN:
http://smashboards.com/threads/50-song-showdown-standard-edition.422302/
The 50-Song Showdown (previously The 100 Song Showdown) is now open for voting! Go and vote on the current submisdions if you want to participate in the Showdown! We will be taking a minimum of 5 votes for Round 1, but our ratings will be more accurate with a more participants! (I meant to say this a while ago, but I forgot how important advertising is!)

Top Bottom