• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
9/10.

Classic Melee track. Just been able to listen to it in the game is such a treat when it is on Temple.

Anyway, I'll leave this here:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Matches bowser, if anything. Not what I usually listen to, but I gotta stop listening to VGM.

Have some VGM

This guy has some nice stuff.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
6/10
Kinda feels generic honestly. Kinda like something I'd listen to and then forget the next day.
Also, the low (for lack of a better word) fart beat get annoying after a while.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
9/10 - I have a new band to look into.
8/10 - It's good, but I still think there are a few songs on the KH OST that beat it out.

EDIT: New post since I refreshed the page. Updating.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Don't watch anime, but seems pretty cool. Animations are cool at any rate, and there was a cat in one of the clips. 8/10, also music is gude.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - Very good in some parts, but other parts of the song are very repetitive.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Feels kind of like generic movie "epic" music, those Hans Zimmer tribal drums, choral, and the sweeping strings.
7/10

Here's a song that made my favorite retro keyboard famous -

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10, sounds pretty freaking awesome, but I don't know the game.
Decided to listen to some real music for once.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
5/10 because of what dixie biscuits are
8/10 for being able to get such realistic sounds out of fake instruments.

Shout outs to Kylie for rocking toilet paper as a dress here

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
3/10 - I remember this song from quite ago, and all I recognized was the "la la la, la la lala la" part. Pretty much meaningless lyrics, the rest of the song is garbage, and the video is exclusively sex appeal. Not much in the way of creativity, and bubblegum pop was never my thing.

Also, I was gonna give it a 3.5/10 but then subtracted half a point because she's pretending to drive a stick but is completely clueless about how to drive stick. For instance, at 0:05 it looks like she's just pushing the stick forward. If she were actually driving, that would make the car lurch and the RPM go crazy high if it would even let you go into that gear. Then I thought "OK, if she were in first and went into second, she wouldn't have to push to the side because it automatically defaults back to the middle position" (I know first is usually forward, but the old De Tomaso's had it as first gear down so that you don't accidentally go into reverse (they didn't have any kinds of standardization to properly cope with 5-speeds in the 60's)). It woulda been nice to see it from a different camera angle because of the open gate design so we could have been sure what gear she was changing into, but she probably woulda been blocking the stick even if we had a different angle.

Then I observed her legs while shifting. Holy cow, she would die if she was actually driving. She is super slow to change gears (to be expected, for a music video), but I was most concerned at what the monster was doing to accelerator and clutch on that work of art. If we assume that her leg is naturally on the accelerator at the 6 second mark, we can use that as a point of reference to where the other knee should come up to when the clutch is fully engaged (or ever so slightly lower, depending on the car). It doesn't even come close. For those of you who don't know, you're supposed to treat the gas and the clutch as opposite sides of a pully. The more you push the accelerator, the more you release the clutch. The clutch isn't an instant engage and shouldn't be treated as such, so if you release the clutch too hastily, your car will shudder as the engine tries to slow down the car. If you push on the gas too hard before re-engaging the clutch, your car will lurch madly until the speed of the tires matches the speed of the engine and then even out to where it would normally be. With all of that said, observe her legs whenever she shifts. She goes full on the accelerator and then starts to release the clutch.

I wouldn't let her near my car anytime soon.

TL;DR:
Kylie is a poser

Anyways, that took longer than anticipated. Here's some Muse:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8.5/10, nice. I remember my friend really liking them, and trying to get me to listen, but I ignored.

Really like the whole "Non-Newtonian Fluid in a speaker" type of graphic they have.
For those who dont know what I'm talking about.

Now for my actual music.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - I was actually planning to post that one for the next person that came. Now I have to find another one...

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Great minds think alike. Or rather, equally stupidly minds think equally stupidly.

Love that kind of music. What is that, 90's? Pretty sure it's 90's.

Found this band. Turns out they have a song in the Fifa 14 soundtrack (Never played that game)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - Not too fond of that one, much too vocal-centric for my taste. I can see why someone would like if if they liked modern alt a lot, though.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10
Nice, but not something that I would listen to all the time.
This describes me inside...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Not my kind of music but it sounds alright. Sounds like those kind of tracks you listen in those musicals in broadway and such. (Unless it is the case, which otherwise I'll rank it to 6.)

Anyway, I leave this track here. A rather motivating and fitting for when you feel like you're against the wall and have to fight your way through life. It's title also is a good motto, IMO:

:bowser:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
How dare you rate my personal theme song 5/10!

6/10, I'd rather quietly sneak through life. Great start, actually, but then death metal, then back to good, then... you get it.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I'll admit it isn't for everyone, but I do like the genre of the music I shared. The rock on it is great and the 'death metal' as you call it is in reality Post-Hardcore, not that heavy to be honest. The vocals are REALLY good though, very melodic and uplifting.

Anyway, on the track above, I'll give it a 6.5/10. It is alaright, to be honest. I liked the voice of the singer, and it is actually better, IMO, than the 'original'.

Alright, I'll leave this track:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10, Love Kid Icarus, loved brawl, but brings back bad memories of Subspace Emissary :p

You like rock, it seems. Here, enjoy maybe?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Sounded like it was made with Mario Paint 4/10
I have no nostalgia to the series so that probably is why I don't get it.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8.5/10

Woah that was really good, lush samples for those instruments. Reminds me of when I listen to the Braid OST.

They really don't make country songs like this anymore, closest thing is newer bluegrass. New country sucks IMO, but these classics are so different they might as well be a whole different genre by now.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
8.5/10
Wow it does sound like a totally different genre lol. That was refreshing to listen to.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I absolutely love the original from the very first Kirby game ever on Game Boy "Mt DeDeDe"
A good remix 8/10

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10.
Honestly can't go wrong with old school soundtrack like that.

I love Dodonpachi! Such a great bullet hell. I had one for IOS, Resurrection I believe.

Weird ass song I found. Just the lyrics really.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
7/10.
Pretty good song overall despite the lyrics lol.

I'll be honest I never played the game and only ran into the soundtrack lol. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - Good battling music, but doesn't stand out too much from the crowd.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Man I forget how much he sounds like his father
7.5/10 It's a good song I've just heard it way too much back in the day

Here's a pretty classic YT video and song. I think it was this video that skyrocketed this guy to notoriety

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
8/10
It's all right for what it's out to be (still prefer an actual guitar imo).

Not sure if I've posted this yet, but...

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Doesn't sound like anything that I would listen to, but is TOTALLY something I would listen to. It was awesome.

10/10

Something that youtube recommended to me. I've listened to it once. What do you think?

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
8/10

...Ok, I have to admit, when it broke into that beat, I started laughing. This overall is a nice modern touch to an 1920's-ish song.

Top Bottom