• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Wow, it's been 6 years already... This took the world by storm when I was in middle school, and it hasn't gotten much better since.

5/10, 1/10 for the song, +4 for the somewhat-funny content.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I need to learn music so I can give better, more thought out ratings, but anyways, I really liked this.
Was originally going to give it a 7/10, but after listening to it a bit longer, I feel it definitely deserves an 8/10

Edit: Changed it to the live version.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
3/10 - I'm not a fan of a majority of rap, and this is definitely no exception.

Now for an exception:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
7/10

Not a bad exception. Not a bad one at all. A little long, though.

Now for another exception.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
3/10 - I'm not a fan of a majority of rap, and this is definitely no exception.

Now for an exception:
My heart </3

Well what sorta music do you like, aside from early 2000 metal(?) (Well your last post answered that question)

I like the song a lot 8/10 maybe even a 9/10

So corny it's good 7/10

Edit: Oh, new post. Will revise

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

That piano sounds alright. Didn't mind the voice on it that much, but the melody was alright, very peaceful. (For moments it seemed like the music of Onett from the Smash series with the tune going at almost simliar paces...)

Anyway, I'll leave this track here:

With a title like that, I figured it fits for spooky month.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
With a title like that, I figured it fits for spooky month.[/QUOTE]
If we were rating things based on visuals alone, I'd give it a 4/10. Really not a fan of their outfits. Luckily ratings are based on the music and for that I'd give it an 8/10. Not into Screamo (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), that, or I don't actively look out for it. And you probably wouldn't find this in my music library, but this was really enjoyable. Also that short part where they hopped in unison was flames.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It was nice, I would listen to it while I was studying I guess, but I don't think I'd ever actively put it on my iPod to listen to more than once

6/10 (I do like chill stuff but it has to be from someone like Tycho or BOC)

So here's a challenge: next time you are in the car with your parents, put this track on and crank it up. New levels of discomfort and awkwardness will be achieved. :troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Reminds me of those stories that happened at a Target where they got explicit audio blared in them.
Nonetheless, this is a pile of crap that deserves to be burned. So I'll give it an I'd rather die/10.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
2.5/10

Three letters perfectly describe this: W. T. F.

However, +2 for that exact WTF factor.

4.5/10 overall.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
7/10 Well, it certainly sounded like a Paralyzed Cowboy.
Now here's a song I don't think I'll ever get tired of.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - A pretty good song, but its charm starts to wear off after a few dozen times it shows up on the radio.

Well what sorta music do you like, aside from early 2000 metal(?) (Well your last post answered that question)
Lots, including (but not limited to) Neo-Swing:

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10

I don'tfeellike goingtoschoool nooooooooooOOOOoooo MOOOOOoooorrree

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5.5/10.

Alright song. Very classical in tone, from different times where that kind of song was more evident than today, but for what it is, I found it entertaining. Makes you kind of want to dance in tune to it. :cool:

Anyway, I'll leave this track here to conmemmorate spooky times upon us.

"NO ONE CAN SAVE ME FROM MYSELF, OR THIS HELL, I'VE CREATED...!
I'M TRAPPED IN MY MIND, IT'S A PRISON CELL, WHEN I BECOME SO JADED...?!
"

:bowser:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
4/10

This is a very old lo-fi recording, but it's live and I think it fits how classic this song is. I believe this is considered to be one of the hardest male vocals to sing. It's one of my all time favorites.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10

Really liked it, that rapper has a great sense of rhythm and cadence. Good lyrical content over a very fitting instrumental. I imagine you are a fan of POGO Kurri?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
8/10

Really liked it, that rapper has a great sense of rhythm and cadence. Good lyrical content over a very fitting instrumental. I imagine you are a fan of POGO Kurri?

I was not, but after a quick search on Spotify, I am now. Admittedly, it's not the best descriptor, but I really love chill, mellow music.

8/10 Song is really catchy, although I'm not sure why the music video is Tiny Toons, I'm guessing it was made specifically for it?

Edit: I give 8/10s a lot. Either I get to rate a lot of good songs, or I'm super lenient with music.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Amusing track. Not sure if made particularly for the images or someone just edited to made them fit, but it was alright for what it was.

Anyway, I'll leave this SPOOKY track fittingly for ALMOST Halloween now. So, enjoy. :cool:

"YOU'RE BROKEN, SO AM I...!
I'M BETTER OFF ALONE,
NO ONE TO TURN TO AND NOTHING TO CALL MY OWN...
OUTSPOKEN, SO AM I...
EXPLOSIVE WORDS THAT YOUR WORLD WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND...
TURN AWAY AGAIN...!
"

:bowser:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure the song just sampled a lot of movies, mainly Disney, and someone figured making a video with the sources would be cool, and imo it was.

6/10 I'm just not feeling the song...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5/10 - It's OK I guess, but it has a super-generic chord progression, decently generic lyrics, and I can't understand what the vocalist is saying a fourth of the time because of the special effects laid over it. I might also have trouble making out the lyrics because it's almost midnight lol

I'm not sure if I've already posted this one (probably have, but no harm in doubling up on a good song), but it's one of my favorite songs of all time:

Good night.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yea POGO became famous for his remixes using only sounds from Alice in Wonderland "Alice" and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves "Wishery", both of which are pretty amazing songs and videos. Since then he's stared incorporating traditional instrumentation into his songs and remixes

7/10
that was a bit too epic for me (haven't heard that song in like 5 years)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - Good message, but I think it just sounds like someone reading a poem with a beat behind it. Stretches my definition of a "song" a bit.

Also, I was actually expecting a cover of this song:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
6/10 - Good message, but I think it just sounds like someone reading a poem with a beat behind it. Stretches my definition of a "song" a bit.

Also, I was actually expecting a cover of this song:
Well then it's clear you didn't listen all the way through. Besides..... a poem with a beat behind it is called "rap" or "hip-hop", which is a pretty massive genre of "music" :/

The next person can rate your song

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm trying to understand why this song sounds familiar... probably heard it from a movie or something. Nonetheless 9/10, song sounds so upbeat I love it!

****ing love this song, although I can't imagine others feeling the same.

Well then it's clear you didn't listen all the way through. Besides..... a poem with a beat behind it is called "rap" or "hip-hop", which is a pretty massive genre of "music" :/

The next person can rate your song
Not aimed at Spak Spak

Although I find it dumb, some people don't find rap to be a type of music because the "singer" is talking, and the instrumentals are just looping a sample over and over with no variance. It's obviously an uneducated view, but it's still a view.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
9/10 pretty good beat. Something I could Pop to. When I feel a beat, it makes me wanna dance and this is one of those songs I can feel lol

Wanted to put Ants - edIT, but I thought that would be too common

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
A bit too empty for glitch music, I guess I prefer more melody and layering
5/10
I think with edIT I have this problem, they are one of those artists where every single song from an album almost sounds identical (as if they are made quickly in a day). So buying their CD led me to majorly bland disappointment.

I'm trying to understand why this song sounds familiar... probably heard it from a movie or something. Nonetheless 9/10, song sounds so upbeat I love it!
I think Kurri it sounds so familiar because it seems to have almost the same EXACT progression, intro and melody as Elton John's Rocketman

Top Bottom