• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10 I like it.
Long song, and fragmented. There are good bits scattered throughout the song, but I won't blame you if you don't listen to the whole thing.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 I can already tell from the start. It sounds like he mimicked a lot of classic NES and other low res music styles. I hear a lot of Capcom's chiptune melodies, basslines, and progressions.

Here's a seminal trance song

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - WOAH! I've had this piano line stuck in my head from time to time ever since I was a kid, but never knew where it was from. That's neat.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10

Oh man this song got way too much playtime on Rockband in my group of freinds. I don't know if I didn't like it much before or after, but I'm really weird when it comes to Weezer. I used to really like "Island in the Sun" kind of don't anymore, used to listen to all their stuff in the car, now I can't stand it. There's only one Weezer song I've always liked and still listen to - Only In Dreams

It's very much an imperfect and simple song, but on a nice sound system it mellows me out no matter what I'm going through in life.
(Hash Pipe is excellent as well, but I don't listen to it nearly as much)

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - "Imperfect" is how I would describe Weezer. I like a lot of Weezer, but I've found they either have a killer album or an album that is complete garbage. This is my favorite from their newer album (which got a lot of airtime about a year ago, but hasn't gotten nearly as much at our local radio station recently):

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yea honestly I'd never listen to that song again, and if it was on the radio I'd probably change it. It's not terrible of course it's just not something I'd seek out.

6/10

Madonna is like 47 in this video; still had a killer body, especially her legs and.....anyways the song is catchy, well produced and samples an old ABBA song and improves upon it IMO.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Do like me some ABBA. Madonna not bad either. 8/10
Gotta love the Jazzy feels in Mother 3

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I do like some jazz (and this song did sound pretty jazzy), though I wasn't particularly fond of this song. Eh, I'll give it a 5/10.

I have a feeling that I've posted this before.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4/10.

Nice instrumental track. Good for those slow days or for when you're stuck in a traffic. Not my cup of tea, but still nice for what it is.

Alright, I'll leave this track here-

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I like it a lot. Really nice, 9/10.
Not my usual, but very good.

I like KP, but not the dubstep. They've recently moved away from it slightly, and this is my favorite of their songs.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 Pretty energetic. Makes me want to shake the booty, YARRRRR

Whenever I need a good cry, I can always count on this beautiful performance

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10 good jokes. -2 for bad playing :p

I'd rate my own song 6.5/10. Because it's dubstep-y.
But it's called Falcon Punch, and it's pretty good except the dubstep bits.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 good jokes. -2 for bad playing :p

I'd rate my own song 6.5/10. Because it's dubstep-y.
But it's called Falcon Punch, and it's pretty good except the dubstep bits.
But during his flawless performance....0:53 dat hair whip tho....

I give the Dub Punch a 7/10 not enough e-toots :muffin:

I just finished learning this piece recently, I feel so epic when playing it YEeeee-ARRRRR!

(If you play the YT vid at 1.25x speed it's actually the correct original speed of the song.)

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10, Me and my band mates were joking about learning this song for the winter concert :p
Unless... you Danny?

Warning- anime scream in middle of song.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Woah that was pretty darn good 9/10

Prepare yourself....

..oops too late

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
4/10

Sorry after listening to a masterpiece like Paffendorf. It has ruined my musical taste. Oh Noes!

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10 Wut is that picture?

FUTURE!!! Really makes you think though...

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - Never watched Futurama, but I like the humor in this song. I might have to check it out sometime.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
The first few seasons of Futurama are amazing

8.5/10 classic

Here's the chiptune that the spongebob YTP is based on, was made for a contest by an artist named Naruto

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - Pretty good for the sound limitations. Has a really good loop time, is catchy, I can actually tell what all of the instruments were supposed to be, and it actually sounds like it was written for the sound card instead of written and then compresed (which could have some nasty effects if done improperly).

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Good ol SOTY. Classy and cool.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here-

:bowser:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - Wow, I didn't know Breaking Benjamin was still around. I'll have to look into their new album. Based on only this song, their sound has softened a bit since the BB of 10 years ago, but I understand artists have to change their sound based on the state of the industry so that they can stay competitive. It's still better than 99% of the bands out there today.

Anyways, I've been waiting for someone to upload this to YouTube for the past few days:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
8/10
Sounds like a wonderful games. I should look into it sometime.

So, in celebration of Cloud getting into Smash:

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
6/10

For FF7 I prefer all the originals over any of the OC remixes. Honestly pretty much all the other FF7 OC Remixes are quite lazy and use cheap sounding pedestrian instrumentation. That is weird to say since Nobuo used what is now a very antiquated synth rack called the Roland Sound Canvas 88 to compose all the tracks.....but he worked magic with that thing.

Speaking of.....here's another very early electronica/EDM song

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10 - Wow, I didn't know Breaking Benjamin was still around. I'll have to look into their new album. Based on only this song, their sound has softened a bit since the BB of 10 years ago, but I understand artists have to change their sound based on the state of the industry so that they can stay competitive. It's still better than 99% of the bands out there today.
They still are. The got back to it, not too long ago with their newest album, DARK BEFORE DAWN. It is really cool in its entirety. Totally recommended if you're a fan of them. :cool:

And into the track above, I'll give it: 7/10.

I remember hearing this on many ocassions, particuarly on a Jontron video, with another version when he was 'SRSLY'. Good times. Catchy and interesting for this remix.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here. To celebrate and conmemorate the hype of Cloud in a way, also because it is a cool song:

"The devoted and strong, will always live on..."

:bowser:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - Pretty good, but a voice that sounds autotuned doesn't sound too great with metal.

Anyways, something from a band that is virtually unknown:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
That's a pretty crunchy tune! Makes me thing of The Raconteurs mixed with George Clinton 7.5/10

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
6/10 I like the block rockin' beats, but seems a little repetitive. Also, in the vid it looks like she's just having a seizure or something....

More KP. I love me computers. Honestly though, I only like the first part of this song...

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10

That intro is forever burned into my brain. I remember when I first spent some serious money on my first pro Roland synth, I started playing around with a preset synth lead and put some delay and chorus on it. I just randomly started to make up this riff, sounded so awesome I thought. Then later I realized that it was the opening riff to this song, which somehow made it's way into my subconscious (I had only heard it once and it was on some random skate videos years before). I was both sad and happy at the same time.

classic 90s right here

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10 I love the 90's. You know what that video reminds me of? That movie Hackers...
Also, check this out

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
9/10, was really nice to listen to.

Fallout has this stuck in my head.

Top Bottom