• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Hey, it's Brother Bear. It goes in the category of Disney movies that most people always forget about right next to Treasure Planet and Atlantis. Anyways, 7/10. It's a pretty good song, but not as good as most of the Tarzan stuff (also by Phil Collins).

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10, starts of slow (Which is nice) and picks up later (also nice). Weird video tho.
It's pronounced Shi-thead...

D

Deleted member

8/10

i just can't get this track out of my head...

Last edited by a moderator:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - A really good battle theme, but I raise your Kirby to Neverwinter Nights:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - Born and raised in NC, I've grown up listening to my dad's rock albums. A decent amount of southern rock in there.

Here's one of my favorites:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Classic Skynyrd is classic. Not what I normally listen to, but it is alright in ocassions.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here-

"I guess we don't have a choice..."

:bowser:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Definitely sounds like a fighting game theme, very repetitious. Probablby wouldn't have minded if it actually had some Bass or oopmh! behind the percussion.
6/10

dooo-daaaa-doo-da-do-dadaaa

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
9/10, Love this song. Feels peppy, but still kind of eerie, which means that it stays true to the original, sort of.

Found this awesome, pulsing chiptune. It's quite long, and like my last chiptune track is kind of like a mix, a lot of songs put together. My favorite bits are around 2:30 - I listened to it again. I love the whole thing, although it has kind of a slow start, really picks up at about 1:00

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

It was alright for what it was despite not being my thing. It is certainly catchy to hear while reading or playing a game, I'll give it that much.

Anywway, I'll leave this track here-

♥Hoang

Smash Rookie
NNID
TwerkingOstrich
Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
The instrumentation is good and creative; video well produced, but unfortunately I cannot stand these contrived deceitful boy band types.

The lyrics are specifically manufactured to take advantage of girls' low self-esteem and insecurities....and basically make money off that endlessly. Silly dance routines to distract from lackluster vocals (and often lip syncing live)

Because I don't listen to genre really 5/10, I just don't get it I guess

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
The instrumentation is good and creative; video well produced, but unfortunately I cannot stand these contrived deceitful boy band types.

The lyrics are specifically manufactured to take advantage of girlss' low self-esteem and insecurities....and basically make money off that endlessly. Silly dance routines to distract from lackluster vocals (and often lip syncing live)

Because I don't listen to genre really 5/10, I just don't get it I guess

I admit I laughed as soon as I played the song. The reason for laughing is because Jessica Lange sings this song in American Horror Story. But I like this performance, so I rate it an 8 out 10.

Don't listen to this if you're avoiding the OST from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8.5/10.

Not a huge fan of the Xenoblade series but I'm debating on giving it a chance. From the small snippet of the track, I liked it. I do know and give attention that the music and story of the games are STRONG and therefore, believe they're good. For wtah it is, I liked it.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here. Fitting ironically for Xenoblade and mechanic-esque things along with power in belief. It's name should give it away, even, hehe.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
2/10

I'm so sorry, but it's just a lot of shouting... Sure, there's singing here and there, but this is really not my kind of music....

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7.5/10
Catchy, with a nice message!

I can't stop listening to chiptune, please help me.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I was going to rate the last chip track you posted, both I rather liked 8/10

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - I think this intro set the standard for every single horror game that came after Silent Hill. It's a classic.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Man this song got a ton of air time for a while. That intro riff is awesome, so much chorus on that guitar.
8/10

I love the harmonies in this song, I'm surprised more people don't know it

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.5/10 - I liked the harmonies as well, but I got a tad bored of it after the last verse (because it's pretty much the same thing over and over again for the next minute and half after the higher vocalist joins in) and I looked up the lyrics; those are either the most philosophical lyrics ever or completely meaningless. Nevertheless, it's good chill out music.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10
I like Jason Mraz. Although this isn't one of my favorites, it's still a very nice piece.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Not my type of music, but it was certainly nice to hear the beats with an electronicy feel in the track.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here-

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - I like some of Nickelback's stuff a lot, but I also don't like some of their stuff very much. This song is OK, but falls more into the second category.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
9/10.

One of my favorite songs by Alter Bridge and also one of the best in terms of themes for the WWE at one point with Edge. Truly great.

Anyway, speaking of which, here's one from the same span of time of release and from the same when WWE had GOOD themes for their superstars-

:bowser:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
8/10
I'd be lying if I said I knew a thing about Wrestling, but I will say that they almost always have kick-ass themes.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
(Disregard this post when rating.)
...It's not Irish. Korpiklaani is Finnish.
Like, I mean, I'm not going to call opinions wrong, but that is the most confusing criticism I have heard for a song. And this is even acknowledging the "five minutes is too long" statement.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
(Disregard this post when rating.)
...It's not Irish. Korpiklaani is Finnish.
Like, I mean, I'm not going to call opinions wrong, but that is the most confusing criticism I have heard for a song. And this is even acknowledging the "five minutes is too long" statement.
My bad. It just sounded Irish to me, that's all. Can we get back to the game now?

Top Bottom