• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Am I the only one who caught Falcon's Vertical range in the first link, second match @ 1:51?

On topic: There's a lot you could have done better in the first match. You didn't use enough Uair, and you went for some unnecessary tactics (in a tourney match). I'll add meatier/more soon after I watch the rest, but that's all I have for now.

Player 7

Smash Cadet
Hi
I was created to destroy you, but nice to meet you btw

ps: i'm watching you right now
bye

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i just realized i posted that in the r/f thread, im posting it in the social LOL

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@P7 :
Yay brazilian Falcon !
Ok so here are my rants

-don't be so greedy in close quarters, I saw you try to smash when only a jab could do the job
-you need to master more the spacing of Uair, especially backward Uair
-you are too predictable when recovering, the game 1 was sooooo sad
-you roll too much
-you aren't safe when you approach with high landing lag move like aerial FK or knee.
Be sure to never use aerial FK before the opponent has jumped and be sure to always autocancel your knee.

Also you only played one GF ? WTF ?

Player 7

Smash Cadet
Oh, the other GF ain't up, but i didn't use Falcon on it so nvm
thanks for the tips =)

Yung Mei

-Too much rolling
-Not enough uAir
-Not much short hopping
-Random knees

random roll less, moar uAir, more short hopping, and only go for knees if youre trying to gimp with flubs or if they're wide open or not suspecting it

all i can say for now :\

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Pretty much what Calvo said... Also, that wasn't a Wi-Fi match, was it? For some reason I got the feeling that it was one.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtwvcYYVvo

I have no idea why I am bad against Fox players, it's basically a different mindset for me because they are faster and more agile than Captain Falcon.

In any case this video is old but advice will help especially because I'll be facing Zeaton pretty soon in tournament and in Money Matches.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Neo, if I can "see" correctly, your problem is your approach at the beginning. Why were you using a fair approach (hurr durr) against a 0% Fox? Also, needs more (properly executed) jabs, jab -> grab, uair (in general), etc...

Still, that was an awesome comeback at the last stock! Too bad you got up-smashed. If you played that way the whole match, you would have won easy-peasy.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Neo, if I can "see" correctly, your problem is your approach at the beginning. Why were you using a fair approach (hurr durr) against a 0% Fox? Also, needs more (properly executed) jabs, jab -> grab, uair (in general), etc...

Still, that was an awesome comeback at the last stock! Too bad you got up-smashed. If you played that way the whole match, you would have won easy-peasy.
Yeah it was an old video and I had a lot of s*** on my plate at HOBO29 as well. I had a warrant for my arrest in Fort Worth and I"m in Houston...some cops came up to my apartment looking for me lol

I had to get back and pay the idiots...:awesome:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
You should have run away instead, Captain Falcon can outrun everything!

Except hedgehogs.

Yung Mei

**** this **** guys, i need to upload **** for a critique >.>

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I haven't been a mod for a good while now. I resigned since I quit Brawl. I still lurk around here sometimes, but I'm mainly active in the MvC3 thread.

Top Bottom