• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

Winnar

Smash Lord
So this used to be a video thread, but I got lazy and stopped updating the OP

So now it's a Rate My Falcon thread!

Post vids, get critiqued, get better :D

This isn't a social thread. Take your ****posts elsewhere. If you have problems with one another then PM each other or go to the social thread.

This is a serious thread for people who want to improve.
There are plenty of other threads that I don't go to that you can spam with/troll each other in.

This is a no nonsense thread.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I volunteered to do the new video thread, and LinIsKorean said I could, but I didn't really put it out there (I posted in one or two threads maybe). If you want to do it, feel free, but if you're only doing it because you didn't think anyone else would, I'll do it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
remove the KAi!! vs KEY vids for xmas sake, theyre frigging ancient.
Done, I'll be doing a MAJOR rehaul of this when I have time. Of course I chose to do this the day before a research paper, online chemistry homework, and major chemistry studying are due TOMORROW

Honestly I can be so stupid sometimes.

Also t3h n00b I don't mind I kind of want to do this, but at this very instant I don't have time to overhaul it to my likings.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Lol xmas sake, and yeah I have been trying to do it for awhile, but I never got around to finish the reformatting, which I planned on doing before I posted it. Good luck on the thread, I suggest having a "Manliest Videos" section for the best videos to watch for those trying to learn Falcon or how his best players play, maybe having the Rebaz vids or others that you or someone who posts here thinks are really good. But it's your thread, great job starting this up again.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lol xmas sake, and yeah I have been trying to do it for awhile, but I never got around to finish the reformatting, which I planned on doing before I posted it. Good luck on the thread, I suggest having a "Manliest Videos" section for the best videos to watch for those trying to learn Falcon or how his best players play, maybe having the Rebaz vids or others that you or someone who posts here thinks are really good. But it's your thread, great job starting this up again.

I'll definitely make a section like that, the whole thread will look really nice but be easy to maintain once I'm finished overhauling it.

For now though I just wanted people to start posting vids here so that I would be able to find them and update the main post easily.

Winnar

Smash Lord
hey i just posted a combo video
its online and offline friendlies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5P_fK2ndcE&feature=channel_page
tell me what you think =]
That was actually pretty fun to watch :D

I loved the faces :D

I think the best part though (and the part I'm going to incorporate into my game) is using Falcon Kick from on stage to edgeguard them (the kick to u-air sexy combo).

Also I'd be wary of putting Ganon clips in from now on as Falcon destroys Ganon. You can just f-throw -> f-throw -> f-throw until they're off the stage, then run off and u-air -> u-air then you up b gimp them. I do it all the time hehe

I'll put it in the thread :D

BTW major rehaul still to come but right now I have a major research paper I have to get finished ><

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm from a club called OUGA (Original Upholders of the Gaming Arts) located in Southeast Ohio. We're huge fans of Captain Falcon and I thought I'd share with you our massive collection of Falcon matches. In the winter we held a Falcon only tournament with between 25-30 people I believe, and it was pretty epic. But before that some of us formed the Falcon Initiative to prove how awesome Falcon is. Enjoy!

The Ultimate Falcon Champsionship Tournament

The Falcon Initiative - It's a wide assortment of videos, but there are some pretty good singles matches in there.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

I'm from a club called OUGA (Original Upholders of the Gaming Arts) located in Southeast Ohio. We're huge fans of Captain Falcon and I thought I'd share with you our massive collection of Falcon matches. In the winter we held a Falcon only tournament with between 25-30 people I believe, and it was pretty epic. But before that some of us formed the Falcon Initiative to prove how awesome Falcon is. Enjoy!

The Ultimate Falcon Champsionship Tournament

The Falcon Initiative - It's a wide assortment of videos, but there are some pretty good singles matches in there.
Oh wow! This is impressive :D

When I have time to put it into the OP, would you like me to link to all of the matches individually? Or in the same manner that you linked me?

I can do either, but the latter would be so much faster and easier :)

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Whatever's easiest for you works for me. I would appreciate it if you felt like linking to these matches individually from the Falcon Initiative playlist, though:

Jokey (ROB) vs. Framerate (C.Falcon) 1
Jokey (ROB) vs. Framerate (C.Falcon) 2
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 1
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 2
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 3
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 4
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 5
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 6
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 7
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 8
The Falcon Initiative - TheKiest vs T-800
The Falcon Initiative - Framerate (Captain Falcon) vs ??? (Snake)
The Falcon Initiative - Jordan (Snake) vs T-800 (Captain Falcon)
The Falcon Initiative - To Outfox McCloud (Part 1
The Falcon Initiative - To Outfox McCloud (Part 2)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (Captain Falcon) vs Lou (Diddy Kong)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (Captain Falcon) vs Lou (Mr. Game & Watch)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 vs Asdioh (Part 1)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 vs Asdioh (Part 2)
The Falcon Initiative - McFly vs Asdioh (Part 1)
The Falcon Initiative - McFly (P1) vs Asdioh (P2) (Part 2)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (P1) vs Virt (P2)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (P1) vs McFly (P2)
The Falcon Initiative - Nest (P1) vs T-800 (P3)
The Falcon Intiative - Captain gets his wings?
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 1 of T-800 vs Fonz]
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 2 of T-800 vs Fonz]
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 3 of T-800 vs Fonz]
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 4 of T-800 vs Fonz]

For the multi-part matches you could link to the first match directly from the playlist link, that way the rest of the parts would follow directly after that. So for example you could do like....

Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) Parts 1-8 using this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIBWAB1Hs4&feature=PlayList&p=32834EE08ED9C143&index=3

That way it would start at the first one and the next 7 videos in the playlist would be the other parts of the matchup. Whatever works best for you though. Thanks!

Winnar

Smash Lord
Whatever's easiest for you works for me. I would appreciate it if you felt like linking to these matches individually from the Falcon Initiative playlist, though:

Jokey (ROB) vs. Framerate (C.Falcon) 1
Jokey (ROB) vs. Framerate (C.Falcon) 2
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 1
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 2
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 3
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 4
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 5
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 6
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 7
Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) 8
The Falcon Initiative - TheKiest vs T-800
The Falcon Initiative - Framerate (Captain Falcon) vs ??? (Snake)
The Falcon Initiative - Jordan (Snake) vs T-800 (Captain Falcon)
The Falcon Initiative - To Outfox McCloud (Part 1
The Falcon Initiative - To Outfox McCloud (Part 2)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (Captain Falcon) vs Lou (Diddy Kong)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (Captain Falcon) vs Lou (Mr. Game & Watch)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 vs Asdioh (Part 1)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 vs Asdioh (Part 2)
The Falcon Initiative - McFly vs Asdioh (Part 1)
The Falcon Initiative - McFly (P1) vs Asdioh (P2) (Part 2)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (P1) vs Virt (P2)
The Falcon Initiative - T-800 (P1) vs McFly (P2)
The Falcon Initiative - Nest (P1) vs T-800 (P3)
The Falcon Intiative - Captain gets his wings?
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 1 of T-800 vs Fonz]
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 2 of T-800 vs Fonz]
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 3 of T-800 vs Fonz]
The Falcon Initiative - The King (of Evil) and I [Part 4 of T-800 vs Fonz]

For the multi-part matches you could link to the first match directly from the playlist link, that way the rest of the parts would follow directly after that. So for example you could do like....

Framerate (Pink Falcon) vs. SciFiGuy (Green Falcon) Parts 1-8 using this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIBWAB1Hs4&feature=PlayList&p=32834EE08ED9C143&index=3

That way it would start at the first one and the next 7 videos in the playlist would be the other parts of the matchup. Whatever works best for you though. Thanks!
Hey that's not a bad idea!

Summer is right around the corner, I'll have this up once finals are over :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
Oh wow guys hey sorry I haven't been here to update it but my family moved the day I got out of college for summer and it's been reeeeeally busy and I've had no internet for about two weeks.

But now I'm very bored and have time to make this thread formatted to how I want it to be formatted. Expect that major overhaul to happen this week, possibly even tomorrow.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Are gonna uh...I don't know, update the OP anytime soon?
Yeah, I AM working on it (in notepad w00t), but like I've said I have been pretty busy lately so I haven't been able to get a whole lot done at any one time.

Things are winding down though soooo...yeah

Winnar

Smash Lord
no cf vs mk videos? :(
Well...that's where the 3.0 video thread ends. Once I finish/post the 4.1 every character will be in it :)

I worked on it for like 2 hours today but it's slow going. Just a lot of copy+pasting+formatting...I'll finish eventually >_<

It's looking similar to the 3.0, because I liked the layout. The thing I didn't like was the redundant coding and messy formatting, but it's turning out to be easier than I thought it would be.

Nothing to it but to do it, and do it I shall.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Kay guys I've had my hands pretty full uploading videos from LasT Smash 3 and figuring out Adobe Premiere Pro.

In addition to getting this thread finished finally you guys should expect a little surprise :D

RJPunch can guess what it is but please don't spoil it for them ;D

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Adobe Premiere Pro?

My most fantastically ******** guess would be you're compiling a combo video of all of us and then using YouTube annotations to link to a playlist of all of the person's videos.

That didn't come out that ******** actually, but I hope you're not putting that much work into it.

Oh here's another one: you're making animated gifs as links for all the matches.

(wouldn't recommend that either)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Adobe Premiere Pro?

My most fantastically ******** guess would be you're compiling a combo video of all of us and then using YouTube annotations to link to a playlist of all of the person's videos.

That didn't come out that ******** actually, but I hope you're not putting that much work into it.

Oh here's another one: you're making animated gifs as links for all the matches.

(wouldn't recommend that either)
Sorry, but that's not it :D

I'll give a hint:

It's all never-been-seen footage and I guarantee you will enjoy watching it.

Top Bottom