• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Royr(C falcon) vs Xyro(samus) 1/2/3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLAs1OsZ4c

The best falcon in texas vs the best samus in the USA. The last stock of the last match is TASTY
Beastin' Samus, terrible Falcon.

He might as well use the Red Alloy. No Falcon Punch, no Falcon Dive(except recovery), no Falcon Kick, no Raptor Boost, nothing... He's good with standard mixups, but there's more to Falcon, hence the reason he was getting ***** so bad. lrn2special

Winnar

Smash Lord
oh hey people still post here

Guys I don't ever plan on updating this thread so could someone lock it/desticky it/make a new one?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
im gonna be honest, when is falcon punch EVER called for?
...well never, unless you're great at calculating distances, and predicting.

But be serious, he NEVER used a special attack, unless he was recovering. It's like fighting with one arm if you do stuff like that.

As said before, he might as well be fighting with Red Alloy.

Lionman

Smash Champion

He might as well use the Red Alloy. No Falcon Punch, no Falcon Dive(except recovery), no Falcon Kick, no Raptor Boost, nothing... He's good with standard mixups, but there's more to Falcon, hence the reason he was getting ***** so bad. lrn2special
Terrible Falcon?

1. Falcon punch is a terrible move
2. Falcon dive is good but is stupid use this in the scenary, the only way to use this is to punish some edgeguards in certain characters
3. Falcon kick is a terrible move because is really punishable, i only use this on plataforms
4. Raptor boost is good but is punishable

he is good and i bet he can **** the 80% of guys who post about falcon without any idea

Player-3

Smash Hero

Terrible Falcon?

2. Falcon dive is good but is stupid use this in the scenary, the only way to use this is to punish some edgeguards in certain characters
3. Falcon kick is a terrible move because is really punishable, i only use this on plataforms

he is good and i bet he can **** the 80% of guys who post about falcon without any idea
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this

raptor boost vs samus is bad

falcon kick sucks at 99% of everything
falcon dive vs samus is stupid, when are you going to be close enough to a samus's shield to up b it before she up b s you
falcon kick sucks

falcon punch is only good on wifi, or agaisnt people you can predict & punish with fairly safely (zeldas up b , etc)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Terrible Falcon?

Okay, and it's this mindset about the moveset, that keeps Falcon in the box of "I Suck."

I do this regularly, against all my opponents, and get punished little to none of the time. I have an idea about Falcon's moveset and understand it's to be used.

Falcon sucks, but you main/use him. Falcon Punch/Dive/Kick and Raptor Boost suck, but you're supposed to use them.

Hell, you get punished for using Falcon.

Falcon Dive is not only for swatting edgeguarding, it's good for shutting off aerial approaches. It's an anti-air move, aside from recovering.

Quit boxing in the abilities of his moves. You can't win a match on standard attacks, alone, as seen in those vids Xyro posted.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Okay, and it's this mindset about the moveset, that keeps Falcon in the box of "I Suck."

Falcon sucks with specials and with no specials, is the ****ing reallity

I do this regularly, against all my opponents, and get punished little to none of the time. I have an idea about Falcon's moveset and understand it's to be used.

Because you play Wi-Fi and you have no idea about the moveset, play tops and win them, then go and talk about what you understand

Falcon sucks, but you main/use him. Falcon Punch/Dive/Kick and Raptor Boost suck, but you're supposed to use them.

Falcon Specials sucks if you dont know how to use them, except Falcon punch, that move have no uses against proffesional players

Hell, you get punished for using Falcon.

OMG go MK

Falcon Dive is not only for swatting edgeguarding, it's good for shutting off aerial approaches. It's an anti-air move, aside from recovering.

maybe against noobs or wi fi, i dont know what you do but when i use this i fail the 90% of time and get punish, oh yeah sometimes land

Quit boxing in the abilities of his moves. You can't win a match on standard attacks, alone, as seen in those vids Xyro posted.

He lose because he need practice the match up against samus and learn to use his moves in the right moment, he knows about Falcon, you dont
Sorry for my english

Edit:

Yes.

Smash64
Ook
Krystedez
Wangston
just to name a few...
WoW they are really good people, why? because they are americans

oh wait america dont makes automatically good at smash like some people thinks

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
k

then how the hell do you think fk is good
Because... It's in my sig, lol.

And who doesn't love a move where someone screams an animal and then an action, and actually does it?

Seriously, it's good. I just need to master the spacing, so I can cancel the end lag at the edges. That's my only issue with it.

Player-3

Smash Hero

i thought that you were going to say something that would make me believe fk was useable

you just supported that it sucks

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Sorry for my english

Edit:

WoW they are really good people, why? because they are americans

oh wait america dont makes automatically good at smash like some people thinks
Attacking my knowledge of Falcon doesn't make for a good argument, arguing acceptionally why a move is bad is. However, you've failed to tell me why, besides "It's punishable". I know the moves and what they can do. OFFLINE, I've killed two people with one Falcon Kick on Pictochat because I knew my matchup and situation.

All in all, it's personal preference and opinion. I have mine, you've got yours.

Player-3

Smash Hero
okay

the fact you just said

youve killed two people with falcon kick
killed
with falcon kick

and then on PICTOCHAT

voids your opinion

also lion, Ook is actually very good

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
wait till a the little priority fest comes and ***** you befor you can cancel fk on the ledge.

i use fk

when i'm running away. its one of your best options

but if your opponent sheilds your kick, expect punishment thats a bit more severe than what falcon is used to.

Being ridiculously punishable should be enough for you to not use the move
raptor boost is clearly a better option 95% of the time just because it stops when you hit something and sends the opponent high enough in the air for your ending lag not to get punished.

fk away
boosto boosto in

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
okay

the fact you just said

youve killed two people with falcon kick
killed
with falcon kick

and then on PICTOCHAT

voids your opinion

also lion, Ook is actually very good
@P-3: Trajectory man, trajectory...
Hitting someone with the first part of Falcon Kick puts you in the green, whereas hitting with it mid way through, places you at yellow, and of course the end is the red zone. Knowing a character's weight and float-y-ness can change some of those opinions. Samus is floaty, and doesn't fall fast. Does that not make for a Falcon Kick-able character? Getting punished seems far off.

@Lion: Who are you to say that? Idc if you're from Spain. Spain does not make automatically good in Smash.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no sacred, placing 3rd and taking matches off of Europes best falco with falcon makes you good at smash

falcon kick should not kill.
ever.
why would you hit with the first part of fk when you could jab or grab or dtilt

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
why would you hit with the first part of fk when you could jab or grab or dtilt
Because you want to be different. Why constantly wear out the same approaches and set ups? It seems pretty dumb to be A, Tilts, Grabs, and recover when you can, B, A, Tilts, Grabs, and recover.

EDIT: That little play on "B's" pronunciation was unintended.

Player-3

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

okay sorry sacred but the first 6 words of your post made me laugh so hard

but to respond

my falcon is different enough and i dont use a horrid move like fk

i optimize falcons tilts and his jab game, along with his aerial game

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
no matter what there will always be a better option than to kick into your opponent

jab and raptor boost take care of this, and those are just two moves alone

fk=/=good

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

okay sorry sacred but the first 6 words of your post made me laugh so hard

but to respond

my falcon is different enough and i dont use a horrid move like fk

i optimize falcons tilts and his jab game, along with his aerial game

your posting is making you look like a complete scrub.

not saying you are, but your posts are just lolworthy
@ your lolling: That'll cost you one Falcon Kick, please.

@ srs response: My response to the scrub part is, I can show MUCH better than I can tell you. I understand it comes off as newb-ish, but you have to at least try it before you go all, "LOLOLfail" on me. I try things and see things differently because Falcon fails on his own, and cutting out moves in his arsenal won't help make him better. Being smart about their usage will.

Player-3

Smash Hero
being smarter about using good moves is even better

ive tried using fk believe me

i get punished
every
time

except on wifi

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol

Well, I'm still looking forward to some friendlies with you, despite it being Wi-fi. It'll give you depth perception of how I play with Falcon. If I could upload vids, you would see my match against Legan, in which I do all of what I talk about.

I even UpB'd his Dair at 120%+ and super armored it, landing the grab. It was funky, but interesting. I wish I could send it to you.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
no offense but wifi doesnt count for anything.
Half-true. You still can understand someone's skill level, and see how well they cope, even if their main problem to cope with is lag.

IF Wi-fi's worldly connection was lagless(impossible) it would mean something. So much for wishful thinking.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Not everyone is "privelaged" to do offline tourneys like some to most of you, so for me, my brothers, and others, who aren't so "priveliged" it is.

Wi-fi does not limit my ability to learn and get better, complaining about lag and johning about why I wouldn't do wi-fi will.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Not everyone is "privelaged" to do offline tourneys like some to most of you, so for me, my brothers, and others, who aren't so "priveliged" it is.

Wi-fi does not limit my ability to learn and get better, complaining about lag and johning about why I wouldn't do wi-fi will.
i live in a small village in missouri

i've never been the a legit tournament
only crappy local ones where i take home the prize everytime against the same people. its like a tourney with friendlies

don't pin "privelaged" against any of us, it won't work

do what you want, beleive what you want

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
i live in a small village in missouri

i've never been the a legit tournament
only crappy local ones where i take home the prize everytime against the same people. its like a tourney with friendlies

don't pin "privelaged" against any of us, it won't work

do what you want, beleive what you want
All right, and by those final words, don't knock my wi-fi. It's all I have.

Where I'm from doesn't have a lot of Brawl or Melee players. I mainly play with my three younger brothers, and friend.

Winnar

Smash Lord
oh hey people still post here

Guys I don't ever plan on updating this thread so could someone lock it/desticky it/make a new one?
I meant it you can stop posting here now.

Also there's a reason top players laugh at people who take wifi seriously, and it isn't because they never tried it. Think about it.

No one argues it isn't playable or that talent won't shine through, just that it is complete garbage for competitive play and even casual play.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I meant it you can stop posting here now.

Also there's a reason top players laugh at people who take wifi seriously. Think about it.

No one argues it isn't playable or that talent won't shine through, just that it is complete garbage for competitive play and even casual play.
Because of what? lag? If that's the only thing then someone buy me some real internet and a USB Lan Adaptor, and do the same for the other Brawlers who play online.

"Wi-fi is all I have." I don't have any other means of playing lots of people.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Because of what? lag? If that's the only thing then someone buy me some real internet and a USB Lan Adaptor, and do the same for the other Brawlers who play online.

"Wi-fi is all I have." I don't have any other means of playing lots of people.
Yes, actually, it IS because of the lag. It's still present if you buy a USB LAN adapter.

It's not uncommon for tourney goers to not use an LCD TV to play brawl/melee on because it has roughly 5-10 frames of input lag.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Yes, actually, it IS because of the lag. It's still present if you buy a USB LAN adapter.

It's not uncommon for tourney goers to not use an LCD TV to play brawl/melee on because it has roughly 5-10 frames of input lag.
All right then. With that knowledge avoid Wi-fi and LCDs altogether and pretend they don't exist, instead of tearing another player down for having wi-fi as there only means of gaining experience.

I got good playing nothing but Wi-fi. It's the bane of competitive play, but it doesn't prevent competitive play.

Top Bottom