• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Game 1:

Looks like you're mindlessly autopiloting, stop. Playing way too aggressively against Martha. Used Raptor Boost to recover (don't). Stop rolling. Use less smashes.

That's all for now.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Tommy - looking really solid, all I can say is use more air game, and work on your platform game. Any other advice would be telling you how I play Falcon personally.

Mef - stop playing so mindlessly reckless, you'll get ***** by any decent player for that.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

Using UpB randomly really doesn't work against Marth players. You end up getting punished by better marth players.

First video was pretty good. He wasn't too aggressive against you.

Second video he stepped it up....you see how he was easily spacing against you?

Sometimes it's best to sit back, learn your opponents tendencies then you can punish more easily. Make him realize that you are gonna knee him in the face....

Also you might want to try and edgehog him just a little bit but not enough to where the dolphin slash is gonna stage spike you. Try it out. Stay near the edge, and quickly edgehog...see when he's gonna Dolphin slash. You might get a easier kill or two....or if not that then your able to punish effectively.

But this is just my opinion....

But while we're on the subject, you might as well critique some of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZ2HXa0aj4
ALSM (Link) vs Batou (C.Falcon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtowO1oJaXE&feature=related
Kovu (Wolf) vs Batou (C.Falcon) I apologize for the bad quality and screaming...it's old video of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkx8EJnT44Q&feature=related
Ultimate Razer (Jiggly) + Xyro (Samus) vs Batou (C.Falcon) + ALSM (Link)
An old doubles low tier match we had at HOBO24 back when low tier was considered to be proud and had it's own tournament. Now it's just doubles and now they don't even do low tier or mid tier doubles or singles anymore.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Maaaaybe we should instate a rule that implies that only videos where you can... actually see what happens are to be critiqued?

Player-3

Smash Hero
<_<. I want critique!

Srs idc about skill level just advice, anything i didnt capitalize on or didn't use enough, etc

lordhelmet

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn6ygdGEqLY

srs. i haven't played falcon in so long lol
Even though it was a friendly you played way too recklessly, you know what I mean. Nice platform cancel, now do something useful with it. Mix up your approaches a bit more (running into needles is a wifi thing rofl). Back air camp/pressure more.

Sheik is a **** so you should be playing defensively but it's w/e *shrugz*

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
OMG P3 posted a video ! On to critiquing !
-more Uairs. Mostly offstage, sweet knees are so 08.
-If you want to knee offstage then go for a flub. It kills.
-@0:23 you could have killed with Uair, @0:32 with Bair.
-your Falcon is rusty, try to buffer dash/jab/jump out of your landing lags and platform cancels
-Jab game : when you play against someone with a combo breaker like Shiek (or Marth or Luigi) abuse the jab(>jab)>SHIELD. Then shieldgrab. After doing that a few times they'll hesitate before throwing their move. Which means you can jab cancel.
-@2:48 the aerial FK almost killed you. Always wait until the opponent has jumped before doing an aerial FK. If he doesn't jump then don't do it.
-Awesum finish.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I think he did just fine for what was accomplished.
I probably would play reckless against shiek....being too defensive is not my style...

Now rate my Falcon plz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZ2HXa0aj4
Pretty good, Link is one of the characters you can go balls-deep aggro on.

AC your SH'd dairs and fairs. Not much to say because the Link wasn't doing a whole lot.

Player-3

Smash Hero
OMG P3 posted a video ! On to critiquing !
-more Uairs. Mostly offstage, sweet knees are so 08.
-If you want to knee offstage then go for a flub. It kills.
-@0:23 you could have killed with Uair, @0:32 with Bair.
-your Falcon is rusty, try to buffer dash/jab/jump out of your landing lags and platform cancels
-Jab game : when you play against someone with a combo breaker like Shiek (or Marth or Luigi) abuse the jab(>jab)>SHIELD. Then shieldgrab. After doing that a few times they'll hesitate before throwing their move. Which means you can jab cancel.
-@2:48 the aerial FK almost killed you. Always wait until the opponent has jumped before doing an aerial FK. If he doesn't jump then don't do it.
-Awesum finish.
i know

it was a friendly i wanted epic stuff :C

and yeah i know my falcons rusty LOLOL that's the point of asking for advice

thanks <33333

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Pretty good, Link is one of the characters you can go balls-deep aggro on.

AC your SH'd dairs and fairs. Not much to say because the Link wasn't doing a whole lot.
He could do better, but I know his Link like nobody's business.
All bombs, Dsmash, Sliding Usmash.....

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Ah Killua, je vais nous économiser du temps a tous les deux et te faire ca en francais.
J'ai regardé vite fait tous les matchs et dans l'ensemble j'ai remarqué :
-tu fais toujours la meme chose offstage, t'as tout le temps l'air pressé de retourner sur le terrain alors que tu devrais plutot regarder ce que fait l'autre. Falcon peut revenir d'assez bas donc prends ton temps.
-tu piffes un peu trop, y a des fois ou on se demande pourquoi tu tentes une dash attack ou un Dair. Ni l'un ni l'autres ne sont safe en tant qu'approche.
-Y a autre chose que Dthrow apres un grab x)
Parfois Uthrow, Fthrow et meme Bthrow peuvent placer l'adversaire en plus mauvaise position. Et surtout ca te rend moins prévisible.

Ah aussi au premier match a 1m39 t'as loupé un Bair qui t'aurait sauvé.

Excuse my french.

Player-3

Smash Hero
use more utilt vs peach, with her bad aerial momentum she has a hard time punishing it when you space it right (w/o a turnip) and it wrecks all her aerials

otherwise that was pretty good, leons really good lol

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Oshi-

I didn't watch that Peach vid lol.

- More bair and utilt
- SDI dair (up)
- Good use of uair, keep baiting the dair or AD and you get a free uair

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
When he up b into the stage you could had knee, elbow, falcon punch, or jab the up b, but instead you shielded. More powershielding ^_^

Mario can up b your jabs so watch out from that, and you were rolling into him. But overall AWESOME FALCON :D

lordhelmet

Smash Master
When he up b into the stage you could had knee, elbow, falcon punch, or jab the up b, but instead you shielded. More powershielding ^_^

Mario can up b your jabs so watch out from that, and you were rolling into him. But overall AWESOME FALCON :D
Thanks for the advice. Powershielding is on my to-do list btw.

Me said:
- 1-2-1-2
- Shutterstep
- Sliding jabs
- Up-B usage
- Uair OoS
- Powershield
- First stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSGUel12xYU

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Pika vid : lol friendly time out. US da bess.
Falco vid : no offense but that Falco didn't have the slightest clue on how to play the matchup. Or he forgot to map a grab button in his new setting.
Mario vid : GR on Mario doesn't give a very good positioning advantage, don't use it unless it puts him far offstage.

Overall feeling of the 3 vids :
You play very safe, have mastered Falcon's best moves and make good uses of them.
PROBLEM : you don't know how to use his other moves, it makes you lack mixups options and thus your Falcon looks very static.

Things you should use more :
-Uair (always needs more Uair), Bair, Nair (not just FH), dash attack, Jab 2 and 3, Ftilt, Dtilt (but not too much), Fsmash (but really not too much, but you should), Fthrow, Uthrow.

Things you should add to your gameplay before starting your todo list :
-all the above moves mixed up
-know when to Falcon Kick
-RAR
-landing Uair/Bair/Nair to Jab/Ftilt/Grab/Jump/Runaway

That's all lol.

Top Bottom