• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

lordhelmet

Smash Master
- Never throw Ness.

Ground release (by constant pummeling) -> Dash Regrab -> Repeat -> Air release (by not pummeling) -> Dash SH Uair or Knee

- Don't use the Rapid Jab.

- More utilt, uair, and bair

- Don't approach recklessly

Regarding KOs, use utilt or bair if they're not stale. Dsmash is the recommended KO move but on Ness you can abuse Grab release -> Knee

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Adding onto what lordhelmet said...

Stop using Fsmash. It sucks. Dsmash is (almost) always a better option.

Don't use Falcon Kick. Unless they are on high enough % so they can't punish you.

Maybe its just me, or it seems like you aren't DIing out of PK Fire.

MIX UP YOUR GAME.. I saw you repeat Full jump -> Bair about 5 times in a row, only to get smacked by a baseball bat. Also saw your dash attack get shielded and subsequently punished many times.

Gimp Ness and Link. Running off and doing a flub knee works wonders.

Don't be so aggro. Ridiculous as it is, Falcon sucks (more) when you go aggressive.

Buffer jabs when you land.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Chaingrabbing Ness is banned in my area I believe. Is there anything I can hit him with out of the release that would do more damage than a throw?

Yea I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be ANY disjoint on his fsmash at all. I really need to make sure I dash cancel and stutter step for maximum range.

Grab release- knee? On his air release?

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Air release Knee.

All GR Knees are air release.

Those things are hell to get the timings down though D=...

Tesh

Smash Hero
The rule is that you can't grab right after, but can I release-walk-jab-regrab? Or Ftilt or something?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
They're banned? Are Ice Climbers banned as well, because I don't see much of a difference considering they're 20x worse. Best thing I can say for Ness is "Don't get grabbed". lol
Seconded.

Silly bans.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The chaingrab on Ness is situational anyway. You'd be better off just abusing grab release followups on him so you aren't as restricted with the timing. You'll rack up damage faster that way.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The chaingrab on Ness is situational anyway. You'd be better off just abusing grab release followups on him so you aren't as restricted with the timing. You'll rack up damage faster that way.
Not really, no. The chaingrab is 100% legit regardless of strict timing. There's no better way to rack damage than to spam pummels while refreshing your other moves.

Unless you grabbed him near a ledge, you just landed yourself some free %.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I meant situational as in "It's not always going to be available to you". If the tournaments he's attending aren't allowing it, than grab release -> Uair and grab release -> Knee for KOing is the next best thing. lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Watched the first movie:

- Try not using the Falcon Kick when your opponent has low percentages;
- Dair is a risky move. Don't use it with a full hop. Practice your short hop;
- I like how you use your Uair, you just need to use it MOAR often. Also, SHUAir, close to the ground, use it more, it's great.
- Don't forget Up tilt;
- Excellent footstool, haha. Was that on purpose?
- Good job on not rolling, but perhabs you should roll at least a little? Mixing up your game and such. Also, shielding instead of dodging;
- This is more ness related, but you CAN SDi away from Ness's side-B;
- When hanging near the ledge, you should practice your recovery by pressing falling down (press back on the thumbstick) -> jump on stage while attacking (sometimes you might even get a knee using this). Could have probably turned the match around.

Overall, your Falcon isn't bad. It has room for improvement, obviously, but for a "New Falcon" you're pretty good. BTW, Comix Zone is awesome.

Tesh

Smash Hero
"The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab."
That is the exact rule.

So I am pretty sure I am allowed to grab-jab-regrab, but is that reliable as my next best options or should I be using ftilt or dash attack or something?

The footstool? Usually when I run offstage, people try to do a rising airdodge past me, so I just run off, and jump back to fake them out and punish the airdodge. Worked out much better than expected though.

Comix Zone is indeed awesome, I'm looking for a sketch turner texture for falcon actually, might have to make it myself.

Gonna work on the SDI, falcon doesn't have an easy escape move like sonic.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
"The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab."
That is the exact rule.
Well that's ****in' lame.

Falcon's walk is so **** slow that walking forward and jabbing doesn't really work.

Just stick with Air Release -> Uair / Nair / Knee

Player-3

Smash Hero
so ddd can't chain grab???? bowser can't chain grab them???

lmfao your region makes terrible rules if thats what they're trying to say

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
First video: was very impressed with 1:03. Excellent technique!... except it was only showing off, not really useful at that moment, lol.

Also, practice your edge-hogging. There was a time in 1:21 where Lucario made a mistake and you could have killed him that way easily.

Also, 1:53 was almost awesome... and then you epically ruined it, haha. The knee didn't nullify the fact that you killed yourself doing it while you DIDN'T have to kill yourself.

In the end, I like how you use Uair, but you should really give other moves a chance, too. Falcon's Dsmash is good for a KO move, if you know how to use it.

Second video: What I said before still stands: use other moves! You're not mixing it up enough.~

First time you use Usmash (1:30) and you actually get a KO with it? Lol, lucky. Still, you should use it more often, specially Hyphen Smash.

You're using Pivot grab a lot. I don't think Falcon's pivot grab is all that useful, but that's just me...

2:45. Okay, THAT was f****** impressive. Nice knee. Also, lol@falcon punching the aura sphere before.

The end was alright, good stage spike, but you shouldn't have needed to kill yourself while doing it. Alas, it got the job done.

All in all: you're a reasonable falcon. I can tell you got the theory to play a good falcon, so keep practicing!

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Though Blazblue music is sex, what happened to the audio?

Last kill is awesome.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
my dazzle records audio.

if you only use the s-video cable for recording there won't be sound.

if you are using the yellow/white/red cables then there should be audio. if you aren't getting sound this way, then there is probably something wrong with the cables themselves, or you selected to not record audio in the program itself. I'm not sure if you are using Pinnacle Studio, but there is an option to record video, but not sound so you may want to check that.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
will you guys critique my awesomeness if my opponent was dumb as hell?

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah pinaccle does record sound. But i haven't been able to get a good non-choppy video from it.

I record with virtual dub

Top Bottom