• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Florida's Best Dedede *UPDATED 10/2/08*with combo vid!

laird

Smash Apprentice
i know you do well in the snake matchup against your friends/training-partners but it seems like, watching the match against afrothundah, you just got inside of his head. Versus a snake you don't have as much experience against i wonder if the matchup would go the same way.

That being said, you do have a practically flawless grab game and spotdodge well of course. Though I see people encouraging more tilts, its good to throw a couple in but idk...ground grab game / otherwise in the air seems to work well for the king.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Laird, Afro is NOT my training partner. I rly only ever play him in tournies and at that before this tourny was not that often.

Maybe i did get inside his head but thats something i usually do pretty well against everyone i face at some point.

And I usually 3 stock every other snake, save Afro and Chops, so its not just afro I do well against. He actually does the best against me.

Zergum

Smash Cadet
Do you really need to make all of these threads about you being the new best in florida because you won one tournament? You have some serious self-esteem issues. If you really want people on your nutsack you should quit brawl, you aren't very good anyways.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Do you really need to make all of these threads about you being the new best in florida because you won one tournament? You have some serious self-esteem issues. If you really want people on your nutsack you should quit brawl, you aren't very good anyways.

WoW, whats Seibrik gonna say to this?!? LoLz.

-advent-

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Seibrik, your DeDeDe is good and all, but to passive. Any aggressive Meta Falco or Marth would beat you. You did way to many Forward Smashes and not enough Down Tilts. Also in the tri-state area your not even top twenty. So please stop touting you have placed first at tournaments, it's not about placing, it's about the competition. Make of that what you will.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
First off, you don't wana kno wat i do to falco's with ddd. Marth is pretty much easy, and btw i do have the ability to change how im playing based on what character im playing. just cuz im playing one way against one person/character doesnt mean im forced to play that way vs another person/character.

maybe if im lucky sometime i can get vids up vs falcos or w.e.

in any case, as far as how good i am, we'll see. I'm going to CH4 so if u wana let that be the deciding factor of my skill be my guest.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Seibrik, your DeDeDe is good and all, but to passive. Any aggressive Meta Falco or Marth would beat you. You did way to many Forward Smashes and not enough Down Tilts. Also in the tri-state area your not even top twenty. So please stop touting you have placed first at tournaments, it's not about placing, it's about the competition. Make of that what you will.
Who the hell are you to determine whos top 20 in our area?

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
First off, you don't wana kno wat i do to falco's with ddd. Marth is pretty much easy, and btw i do have the ability to change how im playing based on what character im playing. just cuz im playing one way against one person/character doesnt mean im forced to play that way vs another person/character.

in any case, as far as how good i am, we'll see. I'm going to CH4 so if u wana let that be the deciding factor of my skill be my guest.
Your going to a tournament where your going to get crushed whoop de freakin do. :laugh:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

Please Seibrik, show me what you do to Falcos :)

JST

Smash Apprentice
That's quite a lot to say that you're the best in all of Florida. You sure you played every competitive brawler in Florida?

AfroQT

Smash Master
That's quite a lot to say that you're the best in all of Florida. You sure you played every competitive brawler in Florida?
Actually im number 1 in florida (without a doubt)
And yeah i've played everyone thats went to a tourney, and have winning records against them.

X6488

Smash Journeyman
Don't you think it's just a little bit pretentious to claim you're the best in Florida? :)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Florida has competitions EVERY weekend for the past 3 months, of which the main dedicated smashers of florida, all regions of florida, has made it to at least 75-80% of these tournies, and of all these in the past 3 months, Afro has consisntantly placed 1st in every one, up until recently i have been doing well. The passed 3-4 tournies i've either won or gotten 2nd. this passed sunday was the first day i got 4th, losing to 2 rly good meta's that came out of nowhere. Those two, btw, afro did beat and won first again.

X6488

Smash Journeyman
Those who "come out of nowhere" could very well end up truly being the best, though! You should leave statistical analysis to other people, not yourself. because you'll always have a bias. Same rule would go for me, and any other person too. Self-declaration is the tell of pretentiousness.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
No we do. We have a group of 6-7 people that go to tournies, most of them, or pay close attention to those they dont go to, and they come to agreements. like a group of panalists.

the entire state decided based on voting who those people would be as well..

this is not something i, or afro just decided. and we're more than happy to give new people credit where its due. if at the next tourny that comes up, and the new people are going, do just as well, than u'll be sure to kno they will get their credit.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Honestly while it was three victories, the fashion wasn't all that impressive. I know it's what you gotta do against Snake, but the 20+ grabs per match just don't seem very exciting. I guess it's just about winning though, so good job on that. :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Florida has competitions EVERY weekend for the past 3 months, of which the main dedicated smashers of florida, all regions of florida, has made it to at least 75-80% of these tournies, and of all these in the past 3 months, Afro has consisntantly placed 1st in every one, up until recently i have been doing well. The passed 3-4 tournies i've either won or gotten 2nd. this passed sunday was the first day i got 4th, losing to 2 rly good meta's that came out of nowhere. Those two, btw, afro did beat and won first again.
Master Raven? I'm the other Meta that's still in hiding. :p

I can't go to tourneys during school. T_T

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Wolf, understand that me playing Afro wasn't the only victory i need to do to win a tourny. Just cuz they weren't recorded, doesn't mean there weren't other, more exciting, or less exciting matches.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Wolf, understand that me playing Afro wasn't the only victory i need to do to win a tourny. Just cuz they weren't recorded, doesn't mean there weren't other, more exciting, or less exciting matches.
Well obviously you didn't only play him for the tournament ';P I guess I worded my post a bit oddly, but I wasn't trying to say you couldn't put an exciting match together. I was just commenting on what I was given to see :p

Tyser

Smash Champion
Off topic, but does DaShizWiz play Brawl? I really hope he didnt :-P. He's too good to play a not so good game.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I think brawl is good but i dont know if he does.
At FAST1, he said he likes it and was playing a few friendlies as falco.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
AFRO POS, I play the ice climbers. Popo and Nana *****ez. I'd 4 stock your sorry *** in a 3 stock match. Word

Top Bottom