• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Luigi Thread - Zenith, EVO Coming Up!

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
Just spent a solid 24 hours getting destroyed by bob$, zhu, hyuga others. Learned a ton, can't wait to try to implement stuff.

:phone:

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
What benefit does BF's ledge have, it kind of limits low recovery, does it not?
It doesn't really have any benefits, but it doesn't hurt Luigi too much because our Up-B is exactly vertical, unlike characters like Marth and what not. The only real difference is that you can't ride the edge with Side-B...easily. Other than that its not too bad.

Blea Gelo told me some stuff yesterday I'd like to share.
I think most Luigi's have noticed that crouch cancelling is really good against Luigi...I've had a lot of trouble finding a way to combat it.

Basically the only attacks not susceptible to CC are Grabs, Dsmash, Usmash, and Dair. So basically every stock should start with a focus on those 4 attacks -> 50% combo -> proceed as normal. And you won't have to deal with as many pesky CC punishes.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
BF is amazing for low recoveries imo, because if you can get into that corner below the ledge with a missile every counter would be tech-able, you'd still have your 3 other jumps, and if you start with the cyclone and get interrupted you could even do it again out of the tech.

I actually broke it down exactly like that with the counter CC'ing strategies. I try to just poke them until they get to 50% then go for combo starters. Fireballs are surprisingly helpful with this.

PROG!!!! Check your PM.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if ka-master is making a return at apex or anything big coming up? Would love to see him and vudujin clash it out

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
I think Luigi is extremely viable, however extremely hard to use. The goal of a character is to maximize strengths while minimizing weaknesses. Luigi has huge strengths that come with a heavy drawback. While this is debilitating to a lower-midlevel player, pushed to the max, I believe Luigi has more potential that most would believe. Hes actually really technical o.O

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Even though CC'ing against Luigi is hard on him, I personally think that his CC game isn't that bad depending on opponent and MU. It is imperative to get a stock lead, unless you prefer the riskier method of having a 2 stock deficit then going low tier-turbo mode. Once you get a lead, actually look at the timer and just focus on being evasive. This will wear down the oppnt. mentally, and once you've found his approaching strategies just stay one step ahead of them, punish with good spacing, and make sure you get your edge guards. As far as tier list position goes he isn't going up or down anytime soon, but maybe a player will have the Taj effect.

NEW JANK!!!

Luigi's cyclone is actually good for edge guarding. At the right percent you'll get both hitboxes, and it pops them up into your frame advantage. It's one of those moves that tends to steal their jump too. More of a mix-up than a staple, but it CAN work. Here's an example that lead to pursuing the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kif0sGlc7fs&feature=player_detailpage#t=143s

Abate

Smash Journeyman
Even though CC'ing against Luigi is hard on him, I personally think that his CC game isn't that bad depending on opponent and MU. It is imperative to get a stock lead, unless you prefer the riskier method of having a 2 stock deficit then going low tier-turbo mode. Once you get a lead, actually look at the timer and just focus on being evasive. This will wear down the oppnt. mentally, and once you've found his approaching strategies just stay one step ahead of them, punish with good spacing, and make sure you get your edge guards. As far as tier list position goes he isn't going up or down anytime soon, but maybe a player will have the Taj effect.

NEW JANK!!!

Luigi's cyclone is actually good for edge guarding. At the right percent you'll get both hitboxes, and it pops them up into your frame advantage. It's one of those moves that tends to steal their jump too. More of a mix-up than a staple, but it CAN work. Here's an example that lead to pursuing the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kif0sGlc7fs&feature=player_detailpage#t=143s
Hot damn! I loved that down-B, waveland, turn around, up-B that you did on the next stock. I usually don't risk the turnaround because I tend to mess it up.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about luigi in teams? I feel he has really good stage control and can follow up on alot of your partners combos/punishments. As long as the other team isn't double fox or double marth, I think luigi has a fair fight. A Falcon and I took second at a tourney the other day with a shoryuken/Falcon punch on a resting jiggly in LF, hopefully recorded. I guess my question is who do you think weegee has the most synergy with in teams? Ganon/weegee is absurdly good on DL and YS...

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Fox/Luigi is pretty deadly.

Waveshine > Shoryuken
Weak Weeg Nair > Charged Fox Usmash
Any one of Luigi's moves > Fox's Uair

They play off of knock back really well.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I agree @ Vudujin. Crouch isn't a big deal. In fact, as long as Luigi can WD with some freedom I don't think he's that bad at all...

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Hello Luigi players.

Since this section appears to have only one social thread which hasn't seen a new post in three years and this thread appears to be the most casual of the current threads, I think I'll leave this here:

[collapse=Something.][/collapse]And here it is in avatar size, if anyone wants to use it:

[collapse=Something smaller.]
[/collapse]Luigi is awesome.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Me and Sveet actually don't think Weeg has a problem with being CCd. Most his moves can be spaced well enough for him to remain safe and out of range. Personally I haven't had much of an issue with it.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
So I'm officially going to Apex!

Who else is going to be coming? Lets have a weegee powwow :)

Vudujin

Smash Lord
It's at Rutger's again, so they will. They had one in each of the rooms last year. Fingers crossed.

System of a Down sing-a-long with special guest JUANGRYBOX, and Kanye Rest.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Love the Waluigi texture. Love the Luigi dittos. Finally entered a Melee tourney and went Luigi after so long, and got some Luigi dittos in with Vist and Papaking! I was gonna go to APEX and rep some Luigi, but unfortunately my ride fell through :( so yall gotta do me proud

Vist

Smash Champion
Love the Waluigi texture. Love the Luigi dittos. Finally entered a Melee tourney and went Luigi after so long, and got some Luigi dittos in with Vist and Papaking! I was gonna go to APEX and rep some Luigi, but unfortunately my ride fell through :( so yall gotta do me proud
I'll make you proud, smashgod :)

I'm practicing as much as possible until Apex. Definitely getting back into my old melee groove and working on adding in some new & improved tactics.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
It's at Rutger's again, so they will. They had one in each of the rooms last year. Fingers crossed.

System of a Down sing-a-long with special guest JUANGRYBOX, and Kanye Rest.
loool, first time i met you you were playing piano.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I went to the United 1 Tournament! I faced M2K many times off stream, and i got Destroyed! It really shows how good you are when you face someone like M2K.

Also, M2K used a LVL 9 luigi as his partner for the Melee Doubles and got First Place! His is better than Vudujin's!

Top Bottom