• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Luigi Thread - Zenith, EVO Coming Up!

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
If you guys had to pick one reason why you choose to main Luigi what would it be?

I do it for his WD. It's almost fappable.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
I really just love how fast he is. His speed lets him get crazy follow-ups and tech chases :)

Vudujin

Smash Lord
He's been my favorite cartoon since I was 3.

I got melee when I was 11 and my older brother told me Luigi wasn't going to be in it because, "He was too busy with Luigi's Mansion so the designers left him out." and I believed him. So my first main was green Mario to fill the void. Then I unlocked him and my brother never played me again.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
It depends on the percent and your location, but for the most part it'll be some form of away/down.

The tip is what you wanna avoid.

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Luigi eats a tipper F-smash at low percentages after the D-throw quite often. It seems like Eddy DIs it towards/down at low percentages to avoid the tipper but I wasn´t sure. At higher percentages Luigi should DI away/down of course.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sometimes it can be worthwhile to accept you're going to get hit and minimize long term damage

This concept is applicable to every character but those with volatile or fragile recoveries should especially look it up

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
I di down at Low % and try to tech roll away i think. Not exactly sure haha

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Sometimes it can be worthwhile to accept you're going to get hit and minimize long term damage

This concept is applicable to every character but those with volatile or fragile recoveries should especially look it up
THIS^^^^^

This works even with combos. If you get them to do a move you can nair out of and get a good combo started then the damage is worth it.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
If you get them to do a move you can nair out of and get a good combo started then the damage is worth it.

My favorite way to kill floaties after I lose a stock. only takes like 30% at most

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm realizing that I hardly use the F-smash. What are your opinions on Weegees frighteningly powerful poke?

Its a good finisher and I would like to use it more, but I'm uncertain about when the best times to use it are.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I love it against floaties. I found some uses in the :luigi:/:peach: MU. If you can push her with WD f-tilt at the right percent, you can rush past her with a turn-around fsmash. Works well against her tech in place, since it hits above her dsmash if she tries to buffer it.

It's good against spacies when they start making "pillars"; just WD a lil' beyond where they'll land and give em a poke.

If you can elevator nair to a top platform it works as a finisher. A lot of people DI it straight up too.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Lol elevator Nair.

I tend to angle it down against spacies near the edge and it sends them at a weird angle.

Any tips on landing it on Puff? This is something I've been trying to figure out for a while now without much luck. I feel like it could be a great addition to my repertoire of Headbutt - Nair - Chop on the Poof.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
It's actually a bad option against Puff for the most part. The only time I'd think to use it is if she's stuck in shield long enough that you think you could poke her for damage, but I'd stick to Dsmash and Usmash against the ol' poof.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
But It's such a good kill move on puff! I wish it were a safer option :(

:phone:

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Last tournament i went to, i started using more f-smash. I did stuff like walk-> f-smash that hits shield and then my opponent tries to hit me; but Luigi slides to much when a smash hits shield, so they miss and then you may be in an advantage position.

Just some thoughts.

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell does WD Dsmash have to be so damn addicting.. It's always a go to when I get dumbfounded in a match :/ I mean it's a sick move, but too ez to overuse imo.

Cinbad

Smash Cadet
I know your pain bro, but i've been starting to catch WD u-tilt fever as well

Also lets talk stages
I think Yoshi's is the best neutral stage for our slippery friend
The worst is probably battlefield or FD

EDIT: Also who's gonna be at Apex in january?

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's lets Luigi's kill moves like. actually. kill.

O.O

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't like Battlefield as much because you can't over charge your forward b recovery or else you go under the stage. I don't like the majority of transformations on pokemon. I like FD against pretty much everyone. I like yoshis too. FoD is meh.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield is actually my favorite stage. Then yoshi's.

FD is great except in a few matchups. I'm really torn on falco, since FD is great for comboing the **** out of him but sucks b/c of lasers >.<

Battlefield platforms are just the perfect height for luigi trix and vududash, i love it.

Potentially i think DL is his best stage though. Lots of space to move around and a high ceiling are a huge boon.

Cinbad

Smash Cadet
I don't like FD because the lack of platforms really hinders luigi's potential and like you said, falco lasers are a pain.

While the battlefield platforms are nice, the shape of the stage makes luigis already crappy recovery even more difficult, especially for a scrub like me who can barely use the down b to recover

Yoshis and FoD are honestly the scariest stages to play a weegee on. Nowhere is safe from his mighty fist of justice

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone use bair as a frontal attack? Kinda like how foxes/falco's use their bair. It's sets up your opponent quite nicely for a follow up

:phone:

Dees

Smash Journeyman
bluEG you took my dollar

next time I see you I want a rematch dammit!

also if you dont recognize my smash name, I'm marco. The kid who drove you with the jew fro.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Had a great time playing you, Marco! And thankyou so much for the rides to and from the venue, you're a boss :) **so is your Mario

On a Luigi note, BAIR REVERSAL SO GOOD!
Played my friends Ganon earlier and he missed a fair so WD-> Bair and the momentum carried me with him as he was in hitstun and I landed a chop then WD-> Ftilted him off the stage for an edgeguard.

I'm gonna mess around with it more the next couple weeks and come back with more info, but I'm convinced that its a fantastic option to set up some rediculous combos and work people off the stage in a stylish manner. (But then again, everything Luigi does is stylish)

Top Bottom