• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Luigi Thread - Zenith, EVO Coming Up!

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
Just looked at the frame data again, it does look like F/U air will hit if done fast enough. Is there any situation where you should do a jumping ledge-tech or is the "simple" tech the only way to go?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Jumping's just a bad idea in most cases. You know that feeling when you miss a WD, you full hop, then you're just like. . . . fffffffuuuuuhhhh. . . and that other similar feeling where you're off the stage. Well mix those two together and it's about that. It can work in some cases, but it's too easily punishable.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Jumping's just a bad idea in most cases. You know that feeling when you miss a WD, you full hop, then you're just like. . . . fffffffuuuuuhhhh. . . and that other similar feeling where you're off the stage. Well mix those two together and it's about that. It can work in some cases, but it's too easily punishable.
I still have trouble doing this. I mess up WD so much and it kills my pressure string >.<

Vudujin, I've finally started experimenting with up-B successfully and was wondering if you can shed light on any of your favorite set ups for it since you are an absolute beast at getting em.

Right now my favorite to do is a rising nair to the platform -> up-B on fastfallers.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Weak shffl nair to up-b is great.

You can f-throw > WD > jab > up-b too, but it's really situational.

U-throw on Fox and Falco > WD up-b works at higher percents and is more accessible on FD since there's nothing for them to tech on. They have to DI away and down.

You can OoS WD up-b after your shield gets hit by Samus or Marth's f-smash, Peach's or Sheik's dwn-smash, and any other attack that has the same ending lag.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
So, changing topics a bit, 2 days ago I went to Crossfire II. It was great! had a wonderful turnout! Although I got 25th in melee singles, and 17th in Project:M singles, I had a great time!
My mom took my wii 2 days before sat. so there were many times i was randomly full jumping. Other than that, I got a TON of recognition for me and Luigi. The misfire helped me make an awesome combo, 2 stock Reno, and almost even beat Dark Peach!

The only thing to do now is keep on training. If anyone wants to see the combo, check out: http://www.twitch.tv/rundas1234/b/405219145

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Misfire TO DA FACE! Haha nice.

Pokemongeof, good stuff, one thing is you got fox grabbed at the edge and up-throw which is good, but d-throw on a fastfaller next to edge is almost always a kill if you read the di and Dair/Fair appropriately.

Like really, its probably one of Weegees best punishes if you manage to grab em that close :)

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
So, changing topics a bit, 2 days ago I went to Crossfire II. It was great! had a wonderful turnout! Although I got 25th in melee singles, and 17th in Project:M singles, I had a great time!
My mom took my wii 2 days before sat. so there were many times i was randomly full jumping. Other than that, I got a TON of recognition for me and Luigi. The misfire helped me make an awesome combo, 2 stock Reno, and almost even beat Dark Peach!

The only thing to do now is keep on training. If anyone wants to see the combo, check out: http://www.twitch.tv/rundas1234/b/405219145
ROFL that combo is tas, ggs that was so beast
the pokemon geof combo
i like it

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
I like to Uthrow>Uair>Bair and if they DI poorly, you can get another Bair or 2 in. WD> Uangle ftilt can work if they don't float high enough, and if they are floating just above that you can WD>Usmash/Utilt. Other than that learn the timing for catching turnips when you're in the air.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post.

Recently i've had some problems against a certain charcter. Can anyone help me with the MU of peach?
Up-air is really good when she's floating above you,

Most kills are gonna be chops/Upsmash. Chop > Dair in this one.
Jab -> Up-B is really good too. The good ole poke kills fairly early as well.

Gotta respect her space aaaaaa lotttttt. Shes got a nair too! Doh. >.<

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post.

Zenith is really our time to make luigi shine. Although im only there for pools, we need to show the man in green's skills.
Who's with me?

Top Bottom