• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Luigi Thread - Zenith, EVO Coming Up!

Vist

Smash Champion
Holy **** the Luigi boards are dead

Anyone still playing? I'm not as active as I used to be but I still play :)

BTW, anyone going to FC? or some other big tournament I don't know about?

EDIT-

Okay so, APEX 2013 is coming up fairly soon. Who's coming? :cool:

EDIT AGAIN-

Zenith & Evo coming up!

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i might go to tipped off and trying to go to fc, if i go ill see ya there man, im still pretty active

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
Eh, i don't know i mean, all the big tourneys are far from me. the closest major tourney is Apex. and thats not until next year :(

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
You can spike with the front of Dair. I swear its true.

!

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Yeah, I get that all the time. It's kind of annoying because it always seems to happen at high percents when I combo it off a uthrow, and I'm thinking damn that should have been a kill. Occasionally I actually get it off the ledge and then I feel like a boss.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Combo video coming soon. . .

Probably when Luigi's Mansion 2 comes out for the sake of hype.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, does anyone use ducking a lot?

I've been WD -> duck against Ganon's jab or under jigglypuff so that they miss and then I punish :)

Wondering if there's any other matchup specific / times I should use ducking.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Yes!!! I've been messing around with this recently too.

I think it could replace spot dodge as a less of a committed option, so it's a little safer.

I'll have a list of grabs he can duck under soon. I feel like it would be most of the "real" humans like Marth, Zelda, Ganon, etc. because of their high grabs.

Plus it looks cute as hell.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Also, Luigi kinda does the limbo before he unleashes his upsmash, so I've noticed that if you U-smash out of ducking his hurtboxs don't really change much until the hitboxes come out (and his head is invincible) Some really nice anti-air applications with that.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
It's his best approach against Falco, and it's still good against characters like Fox, Falcon, Ganon, Puff, etc. (any character that needs a lil air underneath them)

If you go into his hitbox thread you can see that his u-smash has 3 invincibility frames, so it'll actually beat falco's dair if you time it right. WD > usmash all day!

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
And if you mess up your spacing you get a free crouch cancel. Too good xD

Btw, Vudujin, I see that you're signed up for Big House, and I just bought my ticket yesterday. I look forward to meeting you!
Forgive me if I dissect you haha, I'm probably gonna try to watch all your matches :)

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys ever find it harder to win as pink Luigi? I usually lose when I go pink, but I like his pink style. I'm wondering if it has to do with the florescent color. I think it helps my opponent keep their eyes on me...orrr maybe it keeps MY eyes locked on me cause pink weegee looks so fly WDing around all cool like. :surprised:

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Gasp!!!! He's on to the color theory!!!!

Pink Luigi has slightly bigger tilt boxes

Green Luigi has the best WD

Blue Luigi is the luckiest

and White Luigi is terrible. (he has the best fireball, and his airyuken has more knockback)

@BlueG: Sounds good, man. Feel free to coach and critique.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
At this point I'm so used to playing blue that any other color throws me off the deep end xD

Pink luigi is bad *** though.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I usually always play green unless someone is using green already then I pick blue to get green back.

Green Luigi just looks too perfect. Bluigi is a close second though. I wish fireball Luigi didn't have ALL of the NES colors; if his gloves were white and his face more flesh toned then I might use that one more. He should also have the classic inverted style with the green overalls and the blue shirt, but they got really lazy with his alternate costumes. If I knew how to texture hack stuff, I would get right on that. I'm sure they already exist as patches anyway.

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
If I had to pick i'd go with space animals. Even though I tend to get caught more often I like the combo potential at 0%. I like playing against pika too, something about pika's timing makes me play more unorthodox. I end up doing weird **** I usually never pull off against other characters.

What about you Vudu?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I really like spacies and sheik for the combos

vs. Marth is really fun too. All you have to do is spot dodge twice in a row and then you get frame advantage.

I'm fond of playing against Peach too. They both counter what the other one does (Peach a little more so due to tier placement) but they have to play technically perfect to beat each other. It's a really interesting MU.

I really like Ness vs. Luigi. Ness is my secondary, and I think he has a pretty solid control game on Luigi.; on platform stages of course.

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
I really struggle against a Peach that DIs well. She can be such a pain for me to finish. Catching turnips is my favorite thing about that MU.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
I like space animals when the person I'm playing is worse than I am. Its combo city ! But when the player is more skillful the matchup sucks >.<

My personal favorite is Ganon / Falcon, easy to combo them and realllly easy to edgeguard.

Hate Marth. Hate Puff

Cinbad

Smash Cadet
My favorite match ups are probably falcon/ganon. Just try and combo me *******, see if i give a nair.

Other fun MUs for me are Peach and Puff. Whenever i play weeg against other floaties hilarity ensues

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
Unrelated random wigi question?

Anyone have any awesome tech skill to spam? I always just end up riding across the stage/platforms with wavelands? Is there anything silly and awesome that luigi can spam?

Also ,I like throwing out down-airs randomly while I'm recovering and it's safe. I think it's pretty adorbz. What fun, silly stuff do you like throwing in?

Top Bottom