• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranbat 1.5 (Final) - Sun, Sept. 5th feat. DEHF, Lovage, HugS & Rich Brown

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I wanna go to 805 but the last time there was a melee tournament, it was stuck in that cramped *** corner.

mio

Smash Ace
Do you know how much it would cost? :confused:
I have no idea how much the greyhound costs, but I'm sure my pal google could help you out.

Connor, you didn't even go to the last melee tournament in Oxnard (which was very successful). It was never my choice to have the melee stations in that tight little hallway, in fact I tried to avoid it. I'm sorry to point the finger but I told Pat to move his stations out to the center a lot of times that day but he didn't listen to me. He put the melee stations at the center area at the next tournament though and that resolved the issue.

I will be in control of this entire tournament series, both Melee and Brawl. Brawl gets one side, Melee gets the other. Neither game will receive special treatment. Spacing has been very carefully planned out and stuff like that will certainly not be an issue anymore.

LuCKy

Smash Master
dont suppose anyone from 818 is going to this? i need a ride lol (818) 681 6419 if anyone has room

mio

Smash Ace
Ranbat 1.1 was a success!

Current Overall Rankings:

Brawl Singles
1st: Junk - 10
2nd: SomeRandomKid - 7
3rd: Jordon - 5
4th: Zork - 3
5th: John - 1
5th: Mio - 1
5th: Zack - 1
5th: Cecil - 1

Melee Singles
1st: Helmet - 10
2nd: DanteFox - 7
3rd: Craiger - 5
4th: Mio - 3
5th: S2R - 1
5th: Double D - 1
5th: Soren - 1
5th: LEV! - 1

The turnout was much lower than expected, apparently because there was a tournament in the 818 and a lot of people couldn't find rides. And I guess I wasn't annoying enough about promoting this tournament, so a lot of people didn't remember it was coming so soon and didn't prepare themselves properly. But I was really disappointed by the fact that so much of 805 missed this tournament, you guys really need to step it up and make sure you attend the next ones.

mio

Smash Ace
put a date in the title!
Are you kidding me? The date was in the title since I posted the tournament, in fact I kept updating it as it got closer (starts next friday, 6/18, This friday 6/18, tomorrow 6/18). I only removed the date the day of the tournament. The date has been in the title, you all just need to be less lazy, maybe check out the first post and keep better track of your schedules!

Sketal

Smash Rookie
I'm taking a carful of people down from Lompoc to this. We're all a bunch of scrubs and will likely get our ***** handed to us, but we've never gone to a tourney and this is really close to us. Gotta get the exposure to other (better) brawlers.

mio

Smash Ace
Glad you can make it out to the next one Sketal! All the Brawlers that attend these are really friendly, so they'll be more than happy to help you level up (answer questions, beat the **** out of you, etc.). That's what this series is all about, so you've come to the right place =)

Sketal

Smash Rookie
Yeah, albeit very few. We were thinking about holding bi-weeklies just so we could find some new players. We didn't even know Santa Barbara had Smashers.

Sketal

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's Brawl. I have a copy of Melee, but it doesn't get played much and I know very little about the game mechanics compared to Brawl.

Top Bottom