• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranbat 1.5 (Final) - Sun, Sept. 5th feat. DEHF, Lovage, HugS & Rich Brown

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'll go if you go.

Let's team. :]

actually come to think of it... who's left?

craiger, lovage, maybe dehf and maybe s2j? idk if that's enough for a tournament....

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

Dante this is joe, u still wanna go, cuz i dunno, lemme know. fo sho?
That is a nice rhyme. :)

I'll go if you go.

Let's team. :]

actually come to think of it... who's left?

craiger, lovage, maybe dehf and maybe s2j? idk if that's enough for a tournament....
You can have a tournament with 3 people winner take all. CGC had an N64 tournament with 3 people. At the last LAN Party, you should have just ran the 3 teams Melee doubles tournament anyways instead of just cancelling it.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i convinced mio to make today Ranbat 1.45

for melee

so that mean the real Ranbat 1.5 will have NO BRAWL at the venue

also every single *** better show up

MacD

Banned via Administration
good thing i decided not to go yesterday, i had to work till 2 cause someone called in sick so i wouldn't have been able to drive people anyway

sorry i decided not to go, but barely getting over being sick makes me not want to drive anyway

craiger

Smash Apprentice
dang I was like the only one there!!!!!!!!
well there were some other dudes including Hyprid!!!!!!!!! or hyperid??????
whatever anyway I approve of this move

joeplicate

Smash Master
johnny

give me my controller back u bum

my little cousin was EXTREMELY disappointed that we couldn't play metroid prime :(:(

plus there wasn't even a tournament...... .............

also:
u lazy arcadians need to step it up. it shouldn't be a matter of "oh, only SIX ranked players are attending now, so forget about it."

where's your motivation at??!! make moves on your own!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
socal arcadians have no motivation to get better.

which is why they'll be noobs forever.

joeplicate

Smash Master
hyprid went!

that kid's got heart!!

dunk's house woulda gone
craig, brendan, other 805ers...
sounds like people to me!

y u salty dante?!?

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
There were only about 5 of us there: myself, Manatee, Craiger, Hyprid, and one other dude. Come start time only three of us had actually signed up. Mio decided it wasn't really worth. Complete bust.

mio

Smash Ace
Ranbat 1.5 is going to take place around mid to late October (we will avoid Halloween weekend at all costs). I think Saturdays are probably best days for tournaments during the school year. Hopefully this will give us a chance to hype it up a bit more, and everyone else a chance to get their ride situations in order. And you guys get the venue to yourselves, no Brawl. Thanks for the r@pe idea, Brendan!

Mio decided it wasn't really worth. Complete bust.
I'm sorry you got the short end of the stick due to melee's flakiness, but don't misrepresent me. At no point did I decide "it wasn't really worth it", no way! I tried for a very long time before YOU GUYS gave up on the tourney. I would've run anything you guys wanted, but nobody wanted to play.

You, Martin and Craiger signed up, and I wanted to start it so I kept pushing the other three or four people to sign up (that random white kid, the asian kid, and then ultra's crew). I asked if you guys wanted to do a round robin tournament between whoever wanted to sign up (however many that would be). Then Craiger withdrew, so it was just you and Martin, which would've been just a $5 money match, and I waited for a while but NOBODY else there spoke up about wanting to play any sort of official competition. I kept asking you guys direct questions and everyone (except you Chris) stayed completely quiet and ignored me like timid little *****es. You guys also didn't seem extremely enthusiastic about the round robin idea. So since it was just you two, then that's not a tournament, so I had to refund your money. VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE!

joeplicate

Smash Master
opportunity cost my friend....

sometimes you have to weigh the odds, costs and benefits.
naw n!gga!

what you put in is what you get out

i drove an hour and a half total to go to joey's house for literally 1 hr 15 minutes of friendlies lolol

was it worth it? absolutely!

public transportation from santa cruz to HMW's dorms? or all the way to concord, for that matter? best training i've gotten in my life!

if people like fiction are flaking cause there's not enough interest from ranked players, it really only shows a lack of motivation on their part. (sorry shepherd i'm calling you out leightweight.) what he shoulda done is gotten the 818 crew together, rolled out and met dunk's house there, as well as the rest of 805. santa barbara would probably have come to the tournament with all these people!! lazy *****es!! when ranked players flake, that doesn't mean that YOU should flake, because there's "no good practice" to be had or any bull**** like that. if you try hard during your friendlies, and think of new strats and all that, you can improve a ****LOAD from small tourneys like this! in some cases, even more than big ones. fiction in finals against another semi-good person? that's great experience!! it would've made them better players. even though hugs, lucky, or macd didn't go to the last oxnard tourney, i'm still glad i went so i could play oscar in finals. the tournament experience was dope, and i was able to play really clutch, and i know i'm a better player for it now.

it's all money in the bank!!!
how much interest accrues is all about how much you invest in the first place

get fukken wit it you noobs:chuckle::chuckle:

i don't wanna sound hostile, but it's all true IMO
i was so ****ing excited for this tournament too
instead i had to watch the padres suck **** at baseball for 4 hours and drive back from SD

the opportunity to improve is there. you're just overlooking it.

also dante, don't try to be cute with me u hoe!!
giving paternal advice n ****! LOL i don't wanna hear it!

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@joe its not really a callout XD. Its true what you said: I just didn't have enough motivation to go. I had other stuff that I was thinking of doing, and when all the ranked players flaked I decided I wanted to do the other stuff more.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
No disrespect, Mio. Martin and I were down, but no one else seemed interested. Wasn't your fault at all.

Top Bottom