• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnarok Mafia - Game over!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Why would (new) mafia players dangle a red flag early on in RVS?
Thoughts on T-block?
Because a new player might not know any better

Its less than a day into Day 1, i dislike the way he uses a RVS to put a pressure question on me. But its seeming like his style, he is definitely on a watch list, but he is still a null tell.

T-block

B2B TST
T-Block, you're reaching hard. Thanks for getting us out of RVS, but hard reaching.

Dabuz, don't play the newb card, please.
What insight do you expect to gain? RVS banter need not necessarily be accompanied by a vote "just because it's RVS".
lol "thanks for getting us rvs, but we're going to go back into it now". I know that's not what you're saying, but that's the impression I got from that sentence xP

It's not the lack of vote in itself that I find odd. It's the fact that his voting behaviour after that post suggested (since votes came from silly reasons) that he would have thrown a vote down on Dark Horse for having a scummy name, yet he doesn't with that post, perhaps because others had not yet been throwing votes around. Is it so much of a stretch to think that he might have been afraid of sticking out as the first person to vote someone else?

@Armor, Killstic: What are your thoughts on the above?

Town first three games and scum in my last game. Werekill was town in both games. Werekill is V/LA so it will be mostly me playing during the beginning. Added notes of interest is that I tend to get impatient by the middle of D2 when my reads aren't falling into place. I might have Werekill take over and try to review her reads to see if we come to a consensus on it.

Shouldn't you be more interested in my alignment this game? :3
@Raziek: What do you think of Killstic's eagerness to offer self-meta here?

T-block

B2B TST
Because a new player might not know any better

Its less than a day into Day 1, i dislike the way he uses a RVS to put a pressure question on me. But its seeming like his style, he is definitely on a watch list, but he is still a null tell.
What do you dislike about it? You clearly don't think I'm scum for it, but do you think the action is scummy?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
It's not the lack of vote in itself that I find odd. It's the fact that his voting behaviour after that post suggested (since votes came from silly reasons) that he would have thrown a vote down on Dark Horse for having a scummy name, yet he doesn't with that post, perhaps because others had not yet been throwing votes around. Is it so much of a stretch to think that he might have been afraid of sticking out as the first person to vote someone else?
It still sounds like a stretch to me, since most people don't have a problem with voting first and I knew if I was online when the game started that I would have voted right away and probably been like "lolumad".(I know you didn't ask me but I'm responding anyway)

It actually is a little weird though that he asked that about dark horse but didn't vote dh at all, and instead went with a semi-less silly vote on Raziek.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
What do you dislike about it? You clearly don't think I'm scum for it, but do you think the action is scummy?
Nope, i just think its extremely dumb to be putting on pressure because of a RVS post purely for humor (humor which was failed anyway :/)

@Armor: How does it make sense to claim anything but town? Claiming indie will get the same result as claiming scum, lynched.

Killstic

Smash Rookie
Assuming this is Acrostic that I'm currently talking to, what were your alignments in those games?
I'll answer this, since Acrostic isn't able to read the BRoom game.

In Tom's game, I was the cop and essentially won the game for town (imo, or at least made us a ton closer to winning) by investigating Circus, who had been playing impecably the whole game but was scum. I survived until N5 (a night after the cop claim), and the last scum was killed the next day.

Newbie 13 is on here, lol, so I don't really need to give a summary. I was just VT there.

Anyway, I would comment more on setup stuff for Tom's game, but that would ruin it if he ran it here. All I can say is that it's a REALLY fun setup, and you guys should play it if it runs it here.

Also, I was just giving a summary of my Tom game so that I can copy/paste later if anyone asks if I've ever been cop, haha.

Reading the earlier bits of today and establishing reads now...

:phone:

Killstic

Smash Rookie
@Raziek: What do you think of Killstic's eagerness to offer self-meta here?
I don't like how you're asking here isntead of saying your own opinion THEN asking. It just feels like you're trying to look more useful.

FoS: T-Block

I also don't like how Dabuz was pushing against the earlier Killstic joke of saying, "LOL I'M TOWN."

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
**** you guys.

4 pages and I'm V/la today
Current content is garbage anyways.

T-block, what dabuz did is nothing more than a null tell. Should I jump on you for voting yourself because I believe that you are scum and don't want to make any connections to your scumbuds, even in RVS?

No, because it's a null tell and it's stupid to consider it a scumtell.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It kind of is because you yourself were kind of guilty of this with your self-vote earlier and then there's Raziek who voted the mods lol. Both of you could have been considered afraid to vote someone and sticking your neck out but no one is calling you on it because it was RVS.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
EBWOP.

I'd be more interested in why you overlooked/missed Raziek or why your self-vote doesn't apply to the reasoning you're using against Dabuz if you really think it's scummy.

T-block

B2B TST

T-block, what dabuz did is nothing more than a null tell. Should I jump on you for voting yourself because I believe that you are scum and don't want to make any connections to your scumbuds, even in RVS?

It kind of is because you yourself were kind of guilty of this with your self-vote earlier and then there's Raziek who voted the mods lol. Both of you could have been considered afraid to vote someone and sticking your neck out but no one is calling you on it because it was RVS.
I would understand if you guys wanted to vote me for that. Are you going to vote me for the contradiction now then? I mean... what if I had mafia powers =o

T-block

B2B TST
I don't like how you're asking here isntead of saying your own opinion THEN asking. It just feels like you're trying to look more useful.

FoS: T-Block

I also don't like how Dabuz was pushing against the earlier Killstic joke of saying, "LOL I'M TOWN."

If I stated my opinion first, it would pollute his answer, wouldn't it?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
:|

Unvote
Vote: T-block

I don't like the AtE in your 133 at all. And that last line....ugh.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No, but with how scummy your 133 is, it seems like you want people to lynch you.

Where do you plan to go with your dabuz case after what Gova and I pointed out?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I would understand if you guys wanted to vote me for that. Are you going to vote me for the contradiction now then? I mean... what if I had mafia powers =o
IM not liking this post. It looks like your trying to do two things:

1: Defend yourself by making it seem stupid to vote you for a contradiction, when you yourself had no problem trying to set up suspicion based on RVS.

2: You are adding suspicion and attention by threatening that you might have mafia powers.

What do you have to say in defense?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
JTB: He can't be a jester, it is said in the OP the mod confirms no jesters.

You are right about him being too obvious he wants to be voted.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Tery/Killstic, I see you viewing. Give me some thoughts regarding T-blocks play if you aren't already in the process in doing so.

T-block

B2B TST
@JTB: The real question is, do you really think I was planning to go far with the dabuz "case" to begin with?

@dabuz: I'm not trying to make it sound stupid at all. And I don't want to be voted -_-

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
That's a stupid question. I've already stated that I didn't know what your intent in pressuring dabuz was, so how am I suppose to answer that?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

1: Defend yourself by making it seem stupid to vote you for a contradiction, when you yourself had no problem trying to set up suspicion based on RVS.

2: You are adding suspicion and attention by threatening that you might have mafia powers.

T-Block, still waiting for a response here

Armor

Smash Rookie
JTB, T-block's dabuz pressure might just have been a joke, or it might've just been a probe to get some insight on dabuz's play. Looking back on the post now, it seemed like a not-unreasonable question asked based on evidence.

Well, with more recent developments, all this seems irrelevant, but going to post it anyway
@Armor: How does it make sense to claim anything but town? Claiming indie will get the same result as claiming scum, lynched.
Well, assuming it can win with town (an assumption i had made earlier), since this game has no survivor or jester, it could have a power role beneficial to town. I'm not trying to say it'd be a great idea, but if there were some mass claim right now, indie w/ town might not seem entirely out of the question.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JTB, T-block's dabuz pressure might just have been a joke, or it might've just been a probe to get some insight on dabuz's play. Looking back on the post now, it seemed like a not-unreasonable question asked based on evidence.
I agree, that's why I stated my curiosity in what he was doing and avoided giving my input so he could get what he wanted without me tainting it. However, I didn't like the response he gave to me and Gova in his 133 at all.

I still want to know what he meant by saying that he might have mafia powers and what he is planning to do wrt dabuz.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hello, how may I help you today?

Vote Count
T-block[3]: Ryker, JTB, Killstic
dabuz[2]: Gova, T-block
Armor[1]: Terywj,
Ryker[1]: GLG,

WashedLaundry[<3]: Raziek That's no way to treat a lady.

Not Voting: Armor, dabuz, Dark Horse, JO_OEY, Seikend,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is set for Monday, 8/15

Doridori Count: 6!!!

Hey Gova, what's your opinion on that WashedLaundry chick?

Upon request of using Gova's face in my votecounts.​

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

Ryker, when are you going to come bless us with your presence?

T-block

B2B TST
Oh you guys...

/doridori

JTB, there's no case on dabuz. I noticed some odd behaviour and pointed it out, but I even said in 88 that he could easily just be nervous town. You and Gova made a good point about how the reasoning could apply to my self-vote (although there are clear differences).

/doridori

Killstic, it's pretty clear I think something is fishy with it. That should be enough for now, no? Raziek decided to take a different avenue to progressing the game by interrogating you on your past experience, so I was wondering whether he got anything out of it.

/doridori

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Still waiting on an explanation for your 133.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
T-Block, what are the clear differences between your self vote and Dabuz's actions? Doesn't seem like there is one to me if you're saying you would vote yourself.

T-block

B2B TST
The fact that my self vote ties up my vote, whereas dabuz could have placed his vote, but didn't? There could be other motivations behind my vote, whereas I don't see that being the case for dabuz not voting?

Is this really relevant?

/doridori

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I guess, you said you would probably vote yourself if you were in our position, so I wanted to know why you thought your situation differed from his. I.E why it's scummy for Dabuz but not for you.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
God, My head hurts reading this.

Free-Block, am I gonna read you as scum again, or can we line our thoughts up nicely this game?
Why has no one pointed this out?

He's practically implying that "Agree with me or DIE"

Really don't like this post

DAMN, T-Block trying to call me out on horseplay

VOTE: T-Block
Real talk:

Only my self-vote had been cast at this point - no votes on other players.

dabuz, you seem to have no problem with casting a vote once others started to do so (Raziek in 54, yourself in 69). Your reasons for those votes were no better than someone having a scummy name. Why so scared to place your vote on Dark Horse here, before others started throwing their vote around? Afraid of drawing attention to yourself?
Hate this response to T-Block. Dabuz here just brushes the attack aside. To me, this seems like an attempt to hope no one picks up on it.

I'm curious as to why so many people are reacting to it as a reaching case. What was so wrong with it?

Then of course, T-Block comes in with saying that "It really wasn't a case, just pointing out some odd stuff." This, to me, seems as if T-Block is backing down to avoid getting further noticed

And then there's the AtE here. Really dislike how he dismisses it with "It's stupid"

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

T-Block, respond to this. This is the second time i've had to quote myself to get a response here.

God, My head hurts reading this.

Why has no one pointed this out?

He's practically implying that "Agree with me or DIE"

Really don't like this post
Honestly, because it was RVS, i LOLed hard at this post. At any other point besides RVS, yes, this would be a huge threat post and deserve large attention drawed to Raziek.

Hate this response to T-Block. Dabuz here just brushes the attack aside. To me, this seems like an attempt to hope no one picks up on it.
My response was meant to be silly because it even with the words: "real talk", it still felt RVS. I do actually respond to it in my 95 when i realize he was being serious.

Then of course, T-Block comes in with saying that "It really wasn't a case, just pointing out some odd stuff." This, to me, seems as if T-Block is backing down to avoid getting further noticed
He also isn't responding to my post. And JTB notes T-Block needs to respond to JTB's quote in T-Block's 133

Top Bottom