• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament II- Turnersville, NJ - MAY 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
ugh...any1 willing to pick me up from Vorhees Or Trenton train station? We can work somethin out on gas... Or is anyone around me going? I live in South Orange so if ur attending and are around the way lemme kno (Through PM or AIM ThatDudeMalcolm)...ill gladly throw in on gas. Im hilarious...so it wont b awkward fest 08 in the car so lemme kno! I really wanna go to this but without some sort of ride its just not gonnnnnna happen.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
seriously, i would take you if i was free that day, i have a wedding to go to, you can however, get to woodcret i believe and the buses there can take you to turnersville pretty fast

Burn

Smash Cadet
If anyone would like to bring extra Wii's and/or TVs to help out, it would be greatly Appreciated...We're willing to work out some deal for letting us use it.

The reason for this is because a few staff memebers will not be present due to work and other things, and rules are with us is that we don't lend equipment unless the Owner is there present watching their things, so you can see why we can't just pick up the equipment - main reason they're not home, and number 2 because it just wouldn't be right .

I can supply an Extra TV but no Wii, which will give us 5 set ups if someone brings their wii. I'd like to have 6 total so things can run smoother and faster. But it's all up to you guys...By the way, this is a 1st come 1st serve deal so who ever shows up and tells me they got some equipment to lend for the night, GREAT!

Thank you so much! See ya there!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
dmbrandon and I won teams. We beat Velocity and Atomsk 3-1 in winners finals.

Then they changed the rules, put every team that lost in an entire new bracket regardless of where they lost, made it best of one, and went from there, which screwed over Atomsk and Velocity and then we played a crappy team in grand finals and ***** them with bullcrap characters. It even got recorded, which will be a waste of space on the internet.

dmbrandon and I got banned from singles because a group of kids tried to start fights with us and kept harassing us and dmbrandon called the police. It got THAT bad. They banned US from the tournaments for doing it.

Atomsk won singles. Velocity got second.

Anyways, the director of this tournament further proved that he is a complete joke. He didn't listen to anything we said at all. They allowed almost every stage in the game for counterpicks, made the losers bracket best of one match, didn't explain even their own crappy rules, didn't seed the bracket at all, didn't allow stage bans, and they took over 50% from the pot.

I recommend that people don't attend these events. The director refuses to listen to real players and experienced hosts. They changed the rules on the spot from what they said on every site and just all around had no idea what they're doing.

If you enjoy having rules changed randomly, playing on stages like Spear Pillar and Hyrule Temple, getting crap money even for 1st place, and dealing with morons for directors, then feel free to attend. I wouldn't be coming back anyways, with our without the "ban."

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
lol @ Burn getting gimped by Spear Pillar flipping upside down while he was off the stage

Shouts:
Dave: Thanks for driving and teams. Always remember Pirate Ship...!
Velocity: Thank you for fixing the brackets for singles - that **** was ****ed up.
Inui/brandon: MORE BROKEN THAN STANDING INFINITES
Random Scrubs: for talking **** to Atomsk and Inui/dm and getting owned
PRiDE: for beasting with Yoshi yet again
Chick who was reading names: I changed my name like three times because nobody can read my **** handwriting. Sorry for being the butt of my jokes.
Blue: for being the best non-SWF player there and having the confidence to step up to dm without being a **** about it. If you're reading this, you should come to more ****.
Spade: I didn't see you play, but come to more **** too.

Things that were ****ed up about this tournament:
- Not keeping scrubs under control. WTF at fights almost breaking out.
- Brackets. I love the entire "WE'RE RUNNING THIS TOURNEY NOT YOU" routine, especially when Velocity's making your bracket by hand because you don't understand how double elim works. The fact that you threw those dudes into loser's finals who then got 2nd is ****ed up. You threw people's money away because of your incompetence.
- Stage selection. NEW PORK CITY, dudes?
- Me not getting anything for saving yous guys ***** with a Wii.
- 4 setups for a 64-size bracket. WTF?
- Pot percentages? $50 for winning a 50 person tournament? That's $1 for every $5 put in. That means you took 70% of the pot. This **** isn't a tournament, it's organized highway robbery. Maybe if you didn't spend your money on useless banners you could turn a profit without robbing people.

Line of the night: "How did this all happen if this sign was here?!?!" -Atomsk

EDIT: use this program: http://www.allisbrawl.com/tio/
it does your brackets for you
just do your homework and learn how to use it before the tourney
besides, making fake brackets with Inui in them and then recording fake 3-stocks over him is fun

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Everything Inui said is true, for once.

I had to call the cops on the tournament director's friend's; They started out by calling pride a *** for wearing pink, then trash talking every kid in the room. I said on numerous occasions publicly and privately for them to chill out. The kid got in my face, and fake swung, His friends thought it was hilarious.

To give you an idea of their personalities: They were weaing ICP shirts, hollister, and their tags were ****4, and Dick4.

I eventually said to the TO to tell them to shut up, or I'm calling the cops since they were threatening to hit people with crowbars. (Mind you, they were all 17) They asked nicely to report them if something else came up. They started more ****, with Inui and I THINK Dg mavn, so I told the TO, who told me: Not now, I don't have time for this ****.

I called the police. They left.

They told Inui and myself we were banned from Singles, AND WE COULDN'T HAVE OUR MONEY BACK. They said they didn't like Inui, so he couldn't play, and I couldn't play cause I called the police. I warned them not to do this, since I hold grudges forever. They thought it was a joke.

Btw: They had SIGNS up ALLLLLLL over saying no roughhousing, no nonsense, please respect other feelings. I lol'd too.

List of stages available, that will make everyone LOL:
Speak Pillar
Hyrule Temple (And yes, someone was a ****! :D)
Port Town : Aero Dive
WarioWare
GReen GReens
Summit

All standing infinites were allowed.

5 minute game times. All sudden deaths must be played.

there was more, I'm lazy.

THEN!

Winner's Bracket was 2/3. Loser's was best of 1!!! If you lost, you went to first round loser's bracket. Even velocity/atomsk, who lost in winner's finals, were sent to round one.

There were 46 entrants @ 5$ a piece. 230$ total. They gave away 80. THEY TOOK 150$ FOR THEMSELVES.

They knocked out the power card cause they were wrestling behind the tvs, and ****ed over 3 tournament matches.

Honestly: This was the WORST WORST WORST video game related experience of my life. I am ashamed to be grouped in with this immature group of people..

And despite what his posting insists, burn is 22, not 13.

Last: HOW FUNNY WOULD IT BE IF BURN WERE SIAMESE LIZARD?!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Oh: Burn forgot to call a team, so they got a free trip to Loser's Finals! :D they ****ed over SOOOO many people!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Shoutoutz:

DG Mavn: Welcome to the Crew. You're a truly honorable player, I'm glad to have gotten to know you these past few weeks. Good **** in tourn, and I hope to see you soon.

Inui: MORE BROKE THAN SPEAR PILLAR!

Burn: Your hair grosses me out. You run a tournament like a 12 year old. Seriously, those signs? 4 setups? I though Inui was being a ****, as always, after trashing your **** so much. You couldn't even run this, Velocity made almost the whole bracket, and to get the ****ing thing moving, atomsk called matches. You had friendlies going on constantly. All in all: I think you're a mook. I haven't disliked a smasher like this in so long.

Cross: You're the man. Hard games>all other games.

Mexi: Man, that PT of yours is tight as hell. I didn't get to play it, but I can see your potential. You're good people.

Atomsk: Grats on your first win, man! I'm so proud! :D D2 > D3

Uncle Ray: From last to FOURTH in 3 weeks. Uncle took fourth for me, cause I couldn't enter!

Dave: pirate***s.

Ether: Hyrule is too good. You sure showed those scrubs why it's banned. gg

Pride: So close, man. The whole bracket would have been upside down if you would have won either match. You're yoshi is ridiculous. too good.

Kupo: Man, way to step it up. You took last 2 weeks ago, and today was what? 7th? Keep showing up, I like our company!

Girl helping with the tourn: D G MAVN. not dogma, not digimon, not djMark. seriously. WOW.

Spade/Ace/Spaz: I'm glad to see you guys are traveling a lot. It's helping all of your games, especially Ace. I hope to see you 3 next week.

Blue: That sonic is better than Wes', no doubt. Keep playing, learn some matchups, and you'll be taking top 8 at every tourn, man!

If I forgot you, I'm sorry. <3s

KNPMASTER

Smash Cadet
ganondorf ftw! i dont care if he sucks yadda yadda, i enjoy playing him. but ill have to choose another char against degrabde.

me and skag were the ones that got robbed from doubles finals. **** this tournament. you suck.

at least i got my money back for both singles and doubles.

Lord Auto

Smash Rookie
Congrats to Inui and... DM lol for winning doubles, you guys were a good team

But why call the cops? You guys are adults, and apparently they were trash talking, i think there was a better way to go about this rather than disrupting an already flawed tournament. And lol the person who called PrIde gay wasnt even him. I think people should go about things more diplomatically than that

Lord Auto

Smash Rookie
Mexi: Youre a real cool dude lol. i wish i could have played you. Thanks for the tips. good luck with everything

Cross: Known you for a couple years. Honestly learned a lot from you about smash, rules, and techniques. Hope to see you again.

KMaster: Youre still the man lol. I also look forward to playing you, and seeing you wreck with ganon. Thanks for being cool.

Skag: Bad enough dude to save the president i think. look forward to playing you, sucks wat happened to you and kmaster with the tournament. good luck to both

Master Raichu: Cool as hell. Funny how the set up happened. Your dedede's nice, and your mario would wreck mine. hope to play you again.

Wraith: ****, i only know your real name, but youre awesome. SMAAAAAASHH

Burn: You seem like a cool dude, but i think you should look into your rules. There ARE more stages that should be banned because some characters have CLEAR and APPARENT advantages over the other. Time limit should be higher, too many sudden deaths, and just organize the tournament more effectively.

Inui: stop being annoying.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
im...really shocked about what i just read...INUI, how come you didn't tell me about this today at COT3, what the heck happened with this tourney? it seemed like all hell broke lose...bummerrrr

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow, master raichu went to this? **** i havnt seen him in a while. yea i cant believe of all the stuff that happened. im boycotting this tourney with (im assuming) all of montage. taking over 50% of the pot, again, kicking ppl out w/o giving money back (which is stealing btw), and just the overall attitude and lack of making any effort to help make this a good tourney. stop hosting these.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LMFAO @ ALL THE STUFF THAT HAPPENED HERE

wow what a piece of absolute **** tourney, taking 50% from the pot, almost all stages legal, changing the rules AFTER a tourney SET is played out in best of 1, and being banned from singles cuz of getting into a fight where they had to call the cops. ROOOOFL I'm never going here.

edit - oh yes and stealing LOL

whoever hosted this tourney is a giant chunk of dog poo

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

But why call the cops? You guys are adults, and apparently they were trash talking, i think there was a better way to go about this rather than disrupting an already flawed tournament. And lol the person who called PrIde gay wasnt even him. I think people should go about things more diplomatically than that
The fact that **** even got close to this level is ****ed up.

Wow @ this tournament. Banning DM and Inui!??! ****ing stupid, there was no excuse to do that.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Maybe you should have stepped up and intervened? Don't act like you helped the situation. I did what needed to be done. The cops were gonna make the manager of the alley shut it down. They pushed some little kid into the wall when they were in the hallway, and threatened people with crowbars.

And the person calling people ***gots was him. I was standing next time him when he said it.

Next time... Oh wait. There won't be a next time.

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
taking 50% from the pot
Actually...

45 entries = $5x45 = $225
225-50-25=$150
150/225=66.67%

They took two-thirds the pot. But who's counting?

Tourney directors everywhere need to stop getting huge ****ing egos and respect that they are providing a service. As soon as I heard Burn say "I HAVE THE AUTHORITY..." to do something like ban Inui/DM, I knew this entire tourney was a giant ****ing powertrip for him. It's the same **** that the Evo guy is pulling.

TiOs, learn your place. If you're running tournaments for money or to enjoy lording over players for an afternoon, then you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I told Burn to try and use that authority to kick me out and he didn't do or say anything else after that. :)

He was bluffing. I'd like to see him try and actually move me out of the room.

Ninja_Ned

Smash Rookie
Hello 1st post :laugh: Everything was nice untill DM did not listen to zerick and Burn, number of time they said "lets work this out together" but i think DM just called the cops instead when the Fries knew Burn and said they would listen to him.

I saw Burn watching the match when som1 in the crowd Actually close to me ( he had a mole on his neck that trailed down) said GAY about a pink shirt and Green Metaknight and Burn looked over. What I SAW was the fries started to say stuf AFTER the match when DM and INUI SAID the fries talked trash. Quote "WE DIDN'T SAY SH*T GAY ***! WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT" DM went over to Burn to cry about how he want to fight them but cant because they are 17.

The fries look Bigger and meaner :laugh: The cops came, and I went for a smoke to get the details, DM made it look like som1 punched him in the ballz, till Burn came out saying he's in charge of whats going on. The cops asked for IDs even mine, when I was just smoking :laugh: Burn was the sh*tz saying how it was just video game trash talk that DM couldn't take it ; his partner trash talked every1 else last time. DM made us all laugh how he said INUI is a HO-MO and felt that wasnt nice to say. The cops talked to Burn about WHO should goto jail- 1st he said get take them all way but right after he was like i want them to stay, and make up, but not come back for the next 1

Burn should have let the cops take m away :laugh:

The cops forced DM and 1 of the fries to shake hands - Burn thank the cops and said he be doing the calling is somthng trouble come from this then the cops talked to Us all again about if Burn was telling the truth, sure he was.

The cops told us to leave and to talk to burn again, who know what they said But as soon as that happened he came back in to tell Inui and the Fries they can't play Singles and won't be coming back. The Fries played burn and Zerick and Lost, right after that DM wanted his money back and Burn said somthing about a Disclaimer on each sheet, by law that isn't stealing its visable.

The Fries was acting more of adults then DM and INUI could ever be; they never asked for a refund they never complained about the banning. They told us all they just wanted to scare the panzies for pay back from last tourny.

What me & my friends think that happen was burn and the cops talked about making what happen fair because when you call the cops that means trouble but NO trouble FALSE ALERT. So maybe Burn had to remove the 2 parties after they finished there matches, and then Ban them so nothing like this would happen between the two instead of going to jail that night. Burn was defending both paties and both side got equal treatment. so end of story.

DM and Inui are panzies who can't take trash talk, who messes up every1 FUN! & Like to make sh*t up ! The ally manager let Burn call the shots what ever the cops did if u didn't hear the 2 of them inside and outside I think Burn is tight with them there BULL SH*tz with your HO-MO MAKE UP SH*tz there is camras too they talked about. SO Fries did nothing to anyone's eyes beside yours & crowbars was a panzy threat to you Ho-Moz for j*erking off the toury. they got you scared p*ssing ur pants already.

Inui you got alot of Ballz for a HO-MO to bite the mouth that feeds! You won 2xs now there and still complain - start trouble No wonder why you got banned with DM. Burn might have bumped the cash prize if more pepole like last time show up.

The turn out wasnt like last time ; because Inui trashed talked all the noobs from not coming back this time. (which i'm happy that som1 did in the crowd to start that mess) Burn said he needed to make 200 back for the rent, and he gave out over $245 in cash prizes if i'm correctcause all 3rd places got their money back. Girls got 3 dollar off, and all the guys that helped got in for free do the math - HE might just broke even. :ohwell:

Set up was way diffrent then before and rules was the more counter picks He did post about more wiis and tv needed and when I talked to him he said somthing about workers from RAGE was working or somthing like that :urg: I Did ask why the large list of rules and he said his boss from RAGE made some kind of lvl division were noobs use certain stages when pros use other stages ;in the end to not cnofuse any1 to just use the whole d@mn list.

Next time i'll bring my DVD-RW Player/rec. for Burn to record the finals!

GREEN GREENS WAS NOT ON THE LIST! :laugh:

Burn went crazy every time people go up to check who up next tripping over sh*t and spilling soda (INUI I SAW U UP HIS A** 30 times I SAW IT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) Burn told Inui if he didnt like the tournament last time why did he bother coming. Burn was nice enough to Give out the certificates but INUI threw his there and left without it, some1 spilled soda on MEXI and the rests so Burn got P*ssed more the girl that was helping Burn was very nice but got P*ssed off at INUI and alot of other poeple too; like Burn did. She was Holding Burn back alot from Inui and asked for him to leave IF Burn got his hands on Inui ; DM would have reason to call the cops. I think I remember Inui saying you cant can't kick me out of here ; burns said somthing like he has the authority to do it with the cops. What other legal way can he do it? INUI is a FAT F*ck with boobs that does nt move.

I'm going to the next 1 Because INUI won't be there, DM you were alright too bad you had to C0ck out and call the cops. Signs on the walls said No fighting ;none said No trash talk LOLZ!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Team Aqua in Doubles go in 2nd because of that girls fault not Burns that was going on durning the cop mess up! *** YOU DM for messing Sh*t up!!!!

Loser matches 1 round i can see it happeni with all the little time and every1 wanting to go home early. :ohwell:

I hope next time Burn listen to Velocity wise words; they talk alot. :confused:

UNCLE RAY: :laugh: You looked like a kid i knew from school name John Fisher!

Burn: You Pikachu hat was off the hook! My friends and I thought you knew nothing about the game till you played some I wish i could friendly you and zerick next time. PLEASE get Rage to host another tourny soon! ThaT wut up hot sh*t making these kids here p*ssed because it not there tournament.

Burn: dont listen to them everyone that is posting is Inui, Inui's Boyfriend(DM( & Inui's Boy Toys, & poeple who dont know sh*t that happen. Bunch of C*nts who think they know everything when they no nuthing and have nuthing beter to do beside trash talk here because they can't do it to some1 face or else they get scared and called the cops. Every1 else that know the fries and your groupy dont come here so i represent *****! Host the next one at your studios ;)

Keitaro: They Ban DM and Inui #1 inui was close to ban or was last tournament #2 Inui was partners with DM who called the cops for Un-excusedable reasons #3 DM didnt listen to Burn when he was being mature about the problem #4 DM and Inui made false statements when it was someone else who started it. #5 Ummm Burn doesn't like Inui? #6 Burn had to do somthing for wasting the cops time #7 Kiss and make up dont work with Inui and DM (proof is all over boards) :psycho:

Inui: Just shut up your making sh*t up. Burn doesn't bluff he is crazy Mo-Fo :laugh:

BOYCOTING THE FRIES BEING BAN THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING! BRING THEM BACK! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Call me a noob or f*ggot or what ever but Burn did nothing wrong just like the Fries, the words i typed are true to that took place with details n all. I was not playing I was watching everything in case no1 remembers me I wore a UFC hat all night. My partner did not show up and burn said i could pay later if he showed up but didnt. Burn Props goes to you! :bee:

BURN RULES PROPS TO YOU DOG! FRIES RULES! INUI SUCK C0CKs ALOT! DM SUCKS INUI ALOT! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edit:
Burn said on here he was removing somthig like 2.50 and you all still show up. Dont talk about payout anymore you dayum faulting *****.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow your real cool. you need to chill out. i hope ur first post here on the boards is ur last. a mod better see this and ban u, i reported the post. we dont need **** like this here on smashboards

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Actually i agree with Chibo you have gone way to far and i hope that your first post is also your last.

Ninja_Ned

Smash Rookie
wow your real cool. you need to chill out. i hope ur first post here on the boards is ur last. a mod better see this and ban u, i reported the post. we dont need **** like this here on smashboards
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nah i like this. Why can you HO-MOs do it and not me? no one here no burns and every1 else was playing or was not there. DM and Inui are Bullz Sh*ting liers making burn look bad when he did nuften but cut them a break again. Goto Jail or Get ban? I like getting banned better. So my mama dont need to bail me out.

Chibo u suck INUI too? Then shut up you was not there too bro. how much does he pay u to say that? Tea bags? :laugh:

Edit:
WOW You ho-moz cant even take trash talk on here and no you are wrongz! Can't call the cops but you can call the internet Admin! What adults you are when it comes to you guyz u can say sh*t all day long but when some1 who knowz his sh*t comes like other noobs here we get treat like dirt When we R right and get told on by admins cause they dont like seeing it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ninja Ned, you're an idiot moron. Just leave Smashboards. Nobody is going to believe you or care more about what you say than dmbrandon and I. We're established hosts and top players. You're...nobody.

Inui: Just shut up your making sh*t up. Burn doesn't bluff he is crazy Mo-Fo
Burn is a tiny little man that can't run a tournament for his life. He lied about the rules, took a massive amount of money from the pot, and didn't have any idea what he was doing. He didn't even know how a double elimination bracket works. Burn didn't do anything after I told him to try something.

It doesn't matter if Burn hosts another event. The real Smash community will not support it, which will hurt his attendance dramatically. On top of that, we plan on hosting events on the same day as his.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
this duma$$
ur talking about a real situation, something that REALLY happend. You are talking about real people who you dislike...over the internet. No 1 wants to see what your stupid a$$ has to say so stfu.
U dont know this community, so dont start disrespecting random members like you are a somebody.
Get tough with me, I dare u

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Your nonsense make inui look good, i have heard from people that are not Dm or inui that this tournament was run horribly. So you should totally stop defending him and get with the facts.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Inui has been known to exaggerate and use ******** logic, but he generally doesn't purposefully lie. He also appears to have some grammer and coherence skills as opossed to ninja_ned. If burns needed 200 something dollars for reimbursement, he should have charged more or had a venue fee. The smash community prefers established tournamnet hosts. Why do you think hundreds of people travel to the middle indiana for FC? What happened on saturday has essentially crippled any of rage studios future smash events as well as Burn's reputation as a tournament host, and there is very little anyone can do to change that.

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
LOL_Master: I hear Velocity likes doing that ****.

I also hear Ninja Ned likes $50 money matches.

He should money match Siamese Lizard.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I like how all of Burn's friends thought it was fine, and EVERYONE else thought this was the worst tournament in history. You should be ashamed of that WoT, ninja ned. All you did was further our claims of Burn's crew acting like morons, and ****ing **** up. gg, no re.

We'll be hosting our events everytime I hear you're having one. Just so you have to pay out of pocket for that HORRIBLE venue. We helped you run your tourn, we removed the kids making it terrible, and we even helped people in your crew learn the game. Shame on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom