• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament II- Turnersville, NJ - MAY 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Smash Cadet
RAGE Studios Proudly Presents: SSBB TEAM BATTLE TOURNAMENT II!

www.smashbrostournament.tk

Location & Hosted by:
BrunswickZone - Turnersville, NJ
Address: 100 American Blvd.
Turnersville, NJ 08012
(For a Detailed Map Please visit Our website, PLEASE NOTE: Google Maps, Map Quest, and Yahoo Map Shows the WRONG Location, for Directions please Post here or PM me.)

Date: May 31st (Saturday)

Fee: $5.00 Per Person / $10.00 Per Team
Ladies Discount Fee: $3.00 Per Lady/ $6.00 Per Women Team ^_^

Goodies: $1.00 for 4 Stickers, and a chance to win our door prizes!
(many will enter, few will win)

Door Prizes will be announced during the tournament, you must be present to claim your prize.

Times-
Setting up: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Friendlies and Sign Ups: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Team Battle: 3:00 PM
Singles: 5:00 PM

Pre-Registration will give you a chance to win one of our door prizes. To Pre-Register please forward the following information to: PRE_REG@SMASHBROSTOURNAMENT.TK

-Name
-Nick name (if any)
-Partner's Name/Nickname (If any)
-Team Name
-Singles (or NOT)
**Pre-Registration Deadline is MAY 8th, 2008

Basic Rules & Mechanics-

Singles & Teams Rules:

3 Stock, 7mins, NO ITEMS
Best 2 out of 3, Semifinals and finals are best out of 5!
Double Elimination – YES 2/3 (normal rules apply)
Sudden Deaths – YES/ON (Take them as they come, they DO COUNT)
Controllers – Please Bring Your Own
Team Attack – ON
Share Partner Stock – Optional

STAGES-

Random Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Custom Stages (100% flat stages)

There will be NO Additional stages to counter-pick, besides our selected stages.

**Rounds will be recorded to be used as judging material, also to be posted on our website and our Youtube channel.

**You MUST be signed up for TEAM-Battle to paticipate in Singles, pre-registering will reduce the cost as well.

1st Place Winning Team Prize: CASH PRIZE $***.**(currently depends on entries)

1st Place Singles = Cash (currently depends on entries)
2nd Place Singles = Cash (currently depends on entries)

All our winners will receive certifcates proving they've won in our events, and will be given a chance to come back for FREE in the next up coming event as a MVP!

Door Prizes will be given out to those who enter the chance to win one.

For more details and information PLEASE VISIT:www.smashbrostournament.tk

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE! AND GOOD LUCK!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what does this exactly mean:
Double Elimination – YES 1 round, 5 stock, 8mins.

also, how do the stage bans work? with so many crazy counterpick stages, atleast 2 is really needed, and 75m is completely banned lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's best of only one match? So counterpicks don't even matter? I don't understand what you mean exactly.

Double elimination, best of 3, 3 stock, 7 minutes is what every other tournament does, and it's excellent and fair. Please do this. I'm sure 99.9% of this board agrees with me.

Burn

Smash Cadet
what does this exactly mean:
Double Elimination – YES 1 round, 5 stock, 8mins.

also, how do the stage bans work? with so many crazy counterpick stages, atleast 2 is really needed, and 75m is completely banned lol
@Chibo Sempai

Pretty much means that YES we are having Double Elim. and it'll be only 1 round between you and someone else in the loser bracket, using 5 stock in 8mins. on Random Stage.

As for the stages, I know the counter pick list is large but main reason for this is because atlest one of these stages will work to your advantage and vise versa, depending how well you know the stage. Spear Pillar is the meaning of Counter Picking....so if thats acceptable then 75m is more then acceptable as well.

But if this is in regards to the top of the stage with the non-edge thing...Well you must be stupid if your going to go near someone up there and let them throw u out. PLUS in all honesty, i doubt ANYONE will choose it as a counter pick. And if you end up losing, then just counter pick yours and over kill them. bing bang boom...

Once again that stage is a RISK taking stage, for anyone to even consider it as their pick, so if you think it's that bad, then do your best, and try again in your counter pick. Same goes for Spear Pillar, some people might know that stage inside and out better then others and would use it as a counter pick just to beat you...regardless of the pokemon on the stage. So in the end it just means who knows what stage better and at the same time who has the better skill while playing.

BUT If that is the case, about 75m having the Non-Edge thing, then we'll go with what we wanted to do at 1st and remove ALL stages that had the endless edge thing...Like Halberd when its at the ground and yes 75m as well. But also Castle Siege and Yoshi's Island (melee). And if you noticed we already removed a few that were also.

However, those 3 stages were given to us as acceptable counter-stages, so it makes no sense risking 4 total stages that other people have proven to be earning Counter-Pick along with the rest, then making it unpleasing to those who help come up with the list. It'll just be disrespectfull on our side, in the end. But we could explain we're banning all possible DDD chain grabbing and easy kill non-edge stages...like we planed too.

The point here is to have variety between the players and their skills...No Handicaps, and No Character advantages/disadvantages, pure skill knowing the game. That’s also the reason why we’re counting Sudden Deaths.

But yes Chibo, you and the others have a choice on this, and only this from this point on...nothing else will be changed. You know well we wanted to remove this stage due to non-edge however, the flip side from this will be the 3 other stages will be removed...and that will complete everything. If so then let me know...

@Everyone Else...::cough::@inui::cough::

This is a TOURNAMENT not your TEA PARTY! If you want to compete in this tournament you have to give it your best now and not whine about handicaps you have with your characters, certain characters, not knowing characters before, or the stage. If you are a real gamer of brawl you shouldn’t fret about adjusting to the game and to your opponents. Use it to your advantage. Simple as that!

Do you think Goku and Vegeta complained about fighting each other in the World Martial Arts tournament ….NO! Think about how hard it was for all the Z fighters to focus on fighting on a small platform, while being so used to fighting in mountains, oceans, and well…pretty much anywhere’s. But still no-one complained about how the tournament was set up, simply because they enjoy the thrill of fighting and looking forward to that prize in the end, even if they never got it, they still came back trying.

But in this case, those who are calling themselves good, aren’t stepping up and accepting how this thing is run…instead, they’re just taking bits and pieces from the entire thing and making more reasons to change things and in the end it favors them, giving them a handicap. Whats next, banning characters? Seriously, try playing DOA 4 and then give me some kind of excuse, because if you’ve played other fighting games then you’ll know how to break out of other combos and moves with no problem, and it’s just like that if your playing DOA while your in a caged stage, someone is gonna spam the Ax kicks just to make u hit the walls, if your smart enough, you’ll know ways to get out of it after the 1st or 2nd time around with side stepping and attacking…But if you lost without side stepping and letting the walls get you caught, and you came and complained about it was the stage…then seriously, you need to practice more and stop considering your ready for tournaments.

Same thing about DDD’s chain grab, yes it’s insane, but there are ways to break it or avoid it, and I bet people who’ve figured out how aren’t gonna spoon feed it to you guys here on the boards, and if they do, well their an idiot for doing so(no offence), because that’s one step closer being better then the rest…but this is seriously it, nothing else is getting changed it’s either you take it, or leave it.

You guys choose, 75m stays, or 75m goes with the 3 other stages! If you choose to leave it, that give you guys a chance to change somthing else MAYBE down the line. Other then that, once you guys choose 75m to go thats it...Nothing else is being changed.

Burn

Smash Cadet
Inui, I don't care what 99% of the board thinks about what you have to say...seriously your just a child who wants everything spoon feed to him....I really had it with you. We've given you a chance to show us you can respect this tournament and it's rules, and STILL, you want more!

Seriously If I was god, running a tournament known as LIFE...do you think i would let you complain to me how Satan run's his world and rules, just to make life EASIER for yourself.....NO!!!!

I would just let you earn everything the hard way...because thats LIFE and only the strong and willed will be successfull in life. THE END!

Double Elim.'s was set up to give u 2nd chance....and we set it as 5 stock 1 round so it's FAIR and FASTER to run. No counter picking, you had your chance in the Winner bracket, so random select dude, Your in the same Boat as every other loser! Who shouldn't even be given a chance to come back, because it'll just be the Loser in the semi-finals VS the other semi-final winner....who would PROBLY WIN! It's common sense!

Get it Got it Good!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The point here is to have variety between the players and their skills...No Handicaps, and No Character advantages/disadvantages, pure skill knowing the game. That’s also the reason why we’re counting Sudden Deaths.
You're contradicting yourself. Counting sudden deaths is unfair because someone can camp while losing and then just poke someone in the sudden death and win.

Allowing ridiculously insane, completely banned stages such as Spear Pillar, 75m, Norfair, and Aero Dive gives certain characters unbelievable advantages. Pit at Norfair is ridiculous. 75m has both walk-offs and campfest nonsense. Spear Pillar shouldn't need an explanation! Aero Dive transforms like crazy and the cars kill you at very low damage and come at you super fast.

Same thing about DDD’s chain grab, yes it’s insane, but there are ways to break it or avoid it, and I bet people who’ve figured out how aren’t gonna spoon feed it to you guys here on the boards, and if they do, well their an idiot for doing so(no offence), because that’s one step closer being better then the rest…but this is seriously it, nothing else is getting changed it’s either you take it, or leave it.
No, once you're grabbed by Dedede's large and fast grab, you're getting chaingrabbed unless the player makes a mistake. There's no actual way of "getting out" of it. Learn how to play this game please.

"Double elimination, best of 3, 3 stock, 7 minutes is what every other tournament does, and it's excellent and fair. Please do this."

Having it best of one round at 5 stocks is so random and unfair. 5 stocks, even at 8 minutes, is easy to camp out for a time-out and then do your ridiculous sudden death nonsense. Just keep it at normal rules and it's likely to take less than 8 minutes, if it's time you're worried about. You're removing counterpicking and making the random stage and initial characters matter way too much. Why can't you see the unfairness in that?

Inui, I don't care what 99% of the board thinks about what you have to say...seriously your just a child who wants everything spoon feed to him....I really had it with you. We've given you a chance to show us you can respect this tournament and it's rules, and STILL, you want more!

Seriously If I was god, running a tournament known as LIFE...do you think i would let you complain to me how Satan run's his world and rules, just to make life EASIER for yourself.....NO!!!!

I would just let you earn everything the hard way...because thats LIFE and only the strong and willed will be successfull in life. THE END!

Double Elim.'s was set up to give u 2nd chance....and we set up as 5 stock 1 round so it's FAIR and FASTER to run. No counter picking, you had your chance in the Winner bracket, so random select dude, Your in the same Boat as every other loser! Who shouldn't even be given a chance to come back, because it'll just be the Loser in the semi-finals VS the other semi-final winner....who would PROBLY WIN! It's common sense!

Get it Got it Good!
Please stop posting with your anus, you're getting feces all over the boards.

Your logic is absolutely insane. This is not a fight to death, DBZ, or a tournament run by Satan. This is competitive gaming. It's a competition. You're saying you're doing things in the interest of fairness, but instead you're removing the fairness and competitive validity of your tournament.

I don't care if you like me or not. Grow up and realize I'm right. I want the Smash community to agree with me so that this tourny can be REAL and FAIR.

Burn

Smash Cadet
Your logic is absolutely insane. This is not a fight to death, DBZ, or a tournament run by Satan. This is competitive gaming. It's a competition. You're saying you're doing things in the interest of fairness, but instead you're removing the fairness and competitive validity of your tournament.

If I remember correctly but the director of this game CLAIMED for this game not being a competitive game, Nor did he want it to be!

Instead your making up rules and ideas that OTHER tournaments base around NOTHING to even label it as fair rules! Therefore, fair rules could mean tie your shoes while playing, and looking at the walls, or else we punch you in the face! But no, it's not like that...cause FAIR rules are made up.

For all we know fair rules could mean ALL Items ON with ALL stages Random and 1 character all the time, along with time! JUST LIKE THE TOURNAMENT MODE HAS!
The Director also stated that he expects PROS to play with ITEMS, so WTF are we removing them for!

It was made for a reason you know, and obviously people aren’t playing the game it should be, but who gives a FLYING DUCK! Because Your Inui whos a She/Male Wookie, and Your EGO can’t take being wrong, or being favored and that we all HAVE to listen to you! I really don’t care what you think about this, or me…honestly, I can say a lot more about you then you can say about me, and it’s sad…you know, I bet I can beat you in Brawl and I don’t even PLAY the stupid thing!

I’m asking everyone ELSE for their Input, NOT YOURS! You had you chance to talk, and you screwed it all up!

OH, and I guess the only reason why YOU think my logic is so messed up, is mainly because you’re EGO can’t take that I’m better then you! Between Looks, style, the Ladies of course, gaming, arts, methods, oh the list can go….So shut up while you still have a chance! AND DEAL WITH IT!

What we picked to do with this tournament is fine as it is besides those stages, If so. Other then that, I don't see how you can keep bugging for more chances....Seriously, If your in a WAR, What the heck are you gonna do when your dead.....NOTHING, YOUR DEAD! DEAL WITH IT! We've giving you a 2nd chance, prove yourself with-in the 1 round 5 stocks and 8mins on a random stage....How can you go wrong with that!! YOUR A LOSER IF YOU WANT MORE!!!!! Be Greatfull you un-greatfull Jack@ss!

Plus the time issues, it makes perfect SENSE to what we're doing with the loser brackets to save time...SOME people don't want to stay till 1am like last time...so we're TRYING to make things SMOOTHER and faster, and your ideas ARE NOT HELPING! So shut up and stop posting "Mr/Ms. I GOTO TOURNAMENTS WITH 16 PEOPLE EVERY WEEK USING THE SAME RULES AND I OWN THEM ALL!! YEAH!"

If your coming, deal with it, and prove to everyone your better then them, cause they're all in the same boat! (Inui terms: If your coming, deal with it, Because everyone has to play by our scrub rules!)

If your MAN enough (thats even if your a man) these stages shouldn't bother you....like Spear Pillar, and Aero Drive...And I know you play as PIT so go prove somthing on Norfair if you LOSE! All those stages are RISK picking stages, but if your good enough to play the game, then ANY stage shouldn't be a problem for you, so shut up. Also the sudden deaths is completely FAIR because it was made like that! That would be like telling me FOULS in base-balls shouldn't equal to an OUT! Thats retarted dude! Why recount a whole sudden death when THAT too TAKES UP TIME!!! NO LOGIC!

And I said this before, I don't care what people you get on here to sit there and KISS YOUR ***, because If I see them here siding with you, I'll Throw them out along with you at the tournament! I'm Not kidding, who ever sides with INUI will not be welcomed to our tournament....Unless you have a CONSTRUCTIVE Thought then fire away!

If you attended to our last one, you very well know how the set up was and the timing was with everything....So for this idiot to explain to us that more 15mins rounds x 40 ppl = gonna end up being like 4+ hrs. dude! Then we have to do Singles after the Team-Battle Loser Bracket! We'll never end the night and get both tournaments in if thats the case, so honestly INUI shut up, and do some MATH! This is the only possible method and it will never change!

Have a good life!

Edit: Yeah I'm all grown up buddy, so your wrong there also...because I can get laid!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow... I am in shock. I've already been shocked by how Inui has acted before, but seriously, wtf Burn?

Sure Inui said your tourney sucked, but in all honesty there was plenty wrong with it. It was cool and I had a good time, but Inui was right. It just wasn't right of hi to blatantly throw around his opinion in the manner he was.

The fact that your stooping down to below his level name calling, saying childish things like at least you can get laid is completely immature of you. Especially for being a tournament director, there are certain standards that you have to abide by, and acting like this is definitely not one of them. Sure we all hate Inui, who doesn't? But the way you're taking your hate of him out like this on boards only shows how good you are at being an ******* back to him. Do you think people want to read your posts full of ridiculous immature jargon and DBZ references? Not at all.

The Smash community is not new in any way whatsoever, no matter Brawl is new or old as this dates back to 64 days. There have always been certain standards to tournament play, and it's obvious by reading any of the tournament threads here and looking at the rules, such as Smashpocalypse, Clash of the Titans, Smashtastrophe, NY Weeklies (or were they biweeklies?) or the Tunes Biweeklies. You are coming in here expecting your tournament to be outright amazing and saying that your rules make perfect sense (according to DBZ, but has Goku ever had to fight on a stage like 75m? No, we all know he would prefer battlefield.).

Your rules are so radically different than any other tournament that I can't think of how you possibly made them up. This second tourney's rules are even crazier than the first! 75m was only a suggestion I made, but yes there are plenty of others that need to go, such as Spear Pillar. Do you even realize that Spear Pillar has an effect where left/right are reversed!? Seriously, wtf is that? But you go on to say its a counterpick where one may use it to their advantage. Are there people practicing with reversed controls? Is that you and your crew's plan? and if you claim no one will pick it, then it's for a reason, and it should be banned. I guarantee you everyone that shows up at your tourney doesn't even know about the reversed controls on Spear Pillar. My main questions was, (besides the absurd double elimination rules) was what are the rules for stage bans? You completely forgot and neglected a simple questions which is a VERY important part of all tournaments that include counterpick stages (all of them).

Nearly every tourney runs full double elim brackets for doubles then singles (and most times with pools for singles) and comes out fine in the end. If it's running too long for you, then you need more setups, as 4 is sort of pushing it, especially when out of those 4 there are problems such as the video cutting off from the VCR, and one TV being way too fuzzy/blury constantly fizzling which makes it very hard to fight on. Before you try to plan big tourneys, do your research first. Have you ever attended a real smash tourney before (besides your first one)? I've never heard of you / met you before your first tourney, so I doubt you've been to a real tournament yet. See how they're run, and use you're new found knowledge to help make yours better. Hell, I'm still learning new stuff of how to run my tournies better from every one I attend.

Also, before I'm going to go out of my way to make it to this tournament, I want to know how much you expect to take out of the pot, because the amount of money you took out of the pot last time was inexcusable, and should even warrant returning some money to the respective winners. The fact that me and Mexi were the only paid winners from singles and split it 50/50 (not 66/33 as you paid us), I only got a measly $35 (Mexi got $40, we didn't feel like dealing with splitting th $5). $35 is pathetic for splitting first place at a tournament, especially considering entrance was $10 ($5 for each), and I had to spend $10 in gas to get to the place. How many people were there, I forget.... Over 50? Thanks for keeping all the money for yourself. I also heard from someone that you gave Cross his entrance money back. Sorry if this isn't true, but you NEVER give anyone you know an advantage like that without specific reason (for instance some people may get free entrance at tournies if they bring X amount of TVs or X amount of systems).

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
yeahhhhhhh burnnnnn, hey props to you, i hope your tournaments get bigger and bigger, just don't forget to roflblade

Beat

Smash Ace
Dude, Burn, better players than you are trying to help you out here, even if they're not doing an amazing job of remaining calm.

You'll get a lot of bad players to go to your tournament because they don't know any better, but honestly, if you want the smash community to think highly of you, it's typical to adopt the rules put forth by the community, i.e. best of 3, 3-stock, 7 minutes...

If I remember correctly but the director of this game CLAIMED for this game not being a competitive game, Nor did he want it to be!
Sakurai included tripping, which is ********. Also, if you're going by his word, might as well turn those items back on, and make it 2-minute Free For All's.

You talk about things like saving time... honestly, that's not what you base a respected tournament around. It should be about good competition, not about saving time. The more I read your posts, the less I respect your opinions, which is bad because I'd like to like the person running the venues to which I consider going.

The reason we like neutral stages is that it removes the random nature. Sakurai might not have intended Brawl to be competitive, and likes items, but he also included the ability to turn them off. This means that he must respect the fact that some (many... most...) people do in fact remove them. You can't use his intent as an argument for rules. If you honestly believe his opinions, change your rules to include items. People will still attend, but I assure you that as a man who believes in fair competition, I won't be entering.

Rather than stuffing your venue into Brunswick Zone and taking the winnings from the better players, I'd run it from either a) someone's home or b) a cheaper venue, possibly rent a room in the school in which you attend. Also, rather than pocketing the winners' hard-earned dollars, charge a venue fee at the door.

These are all suggestions that I hope you seriously consider.

Also... Inui, again, you get more flies with honey than vinegar. Rather than post insults (I have to admit I laughed reading "post with your anus"), make your tournament and I'll likely show up, as would those of relative skill and intelligence.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
yeah brawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh great gammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it

Inui

Banned via Warnings
<insert a bunch of irrelevant nonsense having nothing to do with competitive gaming, terrible logic, and random unoriginal insults that aren't funny at all>
What an amazing post you have crafted for us to read, Burn. Everyone that reads it will be wasting about two minutes of their life. You owe everyone that checks this thread two minutes of time. You can pay back Smashboards by running the tournament with a full, normal losers bracket. Sounds fair, yes?

Let's apply your horrendous logic to a sport, such as soccer. Playing on Spear Pillar would be like playing a soccer match with mines on the field, magic spells that swap your left and right legs for brief periods of time, and the crowd throwing fruit at you, all in the middle of a hailstorm.

How dare you insult our competitive game by allowing such ridiculous stages and having unfair rules that make your tournament a joke.

And I said this before, I don't care what people you get on here to sit there and KISS YOUR ***, because If I see them here siding with you, I'll Throw them out along with you at the tournament! I'm Not kidding, who ever sides with INUI will not be welcomed to our tournament....Unless you have a CONSTRUCTIVE Thought then fire away!
If you do not respect this community and give us a real tournament, I will host my own tournament on the same day as yours and you will get only random scrubs at your venue. I will even make a habit out of it to make sure you never get real attendence or top players. I'm a big enough jerk to crush your tourny with my superior venue, accepted rules, and larger payouts. I'm closer to New York, and only a little farther from the Philly players. You're not going to win.

Velocity

Smash Lord
I'm not bothering commenting on either of those big *** walls of text on the first pages i don't have time to read all that but i did notice some ridiculous stages on for counter pick to the point where its enough for me to just not go 75m, spear pillar really? I didn't even look at them all, oh hyrule temple are you serious, let me guess your going to put rumble falls on too. in fact if those stages are legal I can't even conclude by what standards you are banning anything.

I'm really losing interest stage rules also prize winnings don't make up for it if theres another tourney within 3 hrs of this one on the same day I won't be attending.

**** inui

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah, the stage rules really need to be set-up better or else people are very likely to ***** or feel like crap when they lose. Rutgers already gayed me with Friggin Orphen and I don't want people camping at the bottom of Hyrule Temple. I think you should possibly steal the stage ruleset from another NJ tourney.

Here's some examples to help you: "Stolen from NYC weeklies tourney thread"

Alex Strife said:
Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, , Pictochat, Castle Seige, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.
I really only count on Bum and DM for tournies around here that have correct counter pick stages actually mainly Bum and Bum made the list up there.

Edit: Just noticed Friggin Orphen is for counter pick in NYC. **** you NYC!!!! Besides that their list would be alot better than the one currently set-up for this tourney.

duo962

Smash Rookie
Burn, I'd go with Keitaro's (Bum's) list. Just use the established rules - it's not like they're bad or something. The easiest path to making it a successful tournament is to listen to people who have been doing this for a while, not arguing with them for the sake of wanting to do things originally.

Although I do find it funny that people complain about stuff like Spear Pillar when it affects everyone, while stages like Lylat Cruise screw up Ness and Lucas. Because none of them really play Ness or Lucas, they don't see that as a problem.

But...yeah. Do whatever. I'm leaving in a few hours. I suggest going with the standard rules.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Although I do find it funny that people complain about stuff like Spear Pillar when it affects everyone, while stages like Lylat Cruise screw up Ness and Lucas. Because none of them really play Ness or Lucas, they don't see that as a problem.

But...yeah. Do whatever. I'm leaving in a few hours. I suggest going with the standard rules.
It doesn't matter if it affects everyone. Would you play in a soccer match that actually mattered(for money, a championship, or whatever) where random mines were scattered about, magic spells swapped your legs for brief periods of time, people were shooting at you, and it was raining bricks outside? That's what playing on Spear Pillar is like.

You can use skill to just aim your recovery better with those two characters. In actuallity, that stage screws tons of recoveries, not just their's. But, you know what? Ness and Lucas's biggest weakness is their recovery, and that weakness is just pronounced a tad more on that stage. The same thing goes for every Star Fox character, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, etc. This is why I think it should be a counterpick. It's still a fine stage most of the time, though.

Burn

Smash Cadet
THANK YOU Keitaro!

Yes Duo, we've already came up with a few things base on Keitaro's findings...But you are correct, why are people making a big deal about simple stages like spear pillar while others like Lylat Cruise does mess up some characters recovery and attacks...no sense at all...

Shout out to Velocity!

And...
Oh course for the record, I know I went over board with all that flaming I said, Sorry Inui…But seriously, it’s only positive/respectful criticisms as feedbacks and ideas that will benefit towards the changes. So I rather us start over, and get on good terms. That also goes with how you act towards everything. Seriously, respect whats being said right here.

Chibo, I'll get to your questions in abit....

LOL_Master & Chocobo, thanks for your comments

In regards to the rules, I was able to sit down and talk to guys from RAGE about the new rules, and heres what we'll do:

Normal rounds - 2/3 7mins. 3stock

Semis/Finals - 3/5 7mins. 3stock

Double Elimination - 2/3 7mins. 3stock

The stages will be changed as well -

Random Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1 (melee)

Counter-Picks:
Norfair
PictoChat
Brinstar (melee)
Corneria (melee)
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
BattleShip Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
+The Random picked stages

Banned:
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Castle Siege
Port Town Aero Drive
Yoshi's Island (melee)
Hyrule Temple (melee)
Green Greens (melee)
Onett (melee)
75m
Bridge of Eldin
Mario Circuit
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Distant Planet
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
WarioWare, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Big Blue (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)
Rainbow Cruise (melee)

**Seriously tho. Spear Pillar, Pirate Ship, and Aero Drive is still being talked over to being placed back since it's treated the same as Halberd. So something will happen between Halberd and them, either Halberd stays and those 3 gets placed back, OR Halberd goes with those 3. It makes no sense to keep one of them while the other 3 is being viewed as the same kind of stages. What's the point in counter-picking when you can't pick a stage you like? Or know you can win on? Really guys...

Back to Chibo-

Also, before I'm going to go out of my way to make it to this tournament, I want to know how much you expect to take out of the pot, because the amount of money you took out of the pot last time was inexcusable, and should even warrant returning some money to the respective winners. The fact that me and Mexi were the only paid winners from singles and split it 50/50 (not 66/33 as you paid us), I only got a measly $35 (Mexi got $40, we didn't feel like dealing with splitting th $5). $35 is pathetic for splitting first place at a tournament, especially considering entrance was $10 ($5 for each), and I had to spend $10 in gas to get to the place. How many people were there, I forget.... Over 50? Thanks for keeping all the money for yourself. I also heard from someone that you gave Cross his entrance money back. Sorry if this isn't true, but you NEVER give anyone you know an advantage like that without specific reason (for instance some people may get free entrance at tournies if they bring X amount of TVs or X amount of systems).
You won didn't you, that means you come back for free...or would you like that in cash? And no-one paid Cross anything, WE SHOULD HAVE, but what differences does it make? One of the units was his along with guys he knew, and they still ALL paid, regardless. And I told Velocity and Mexi both, that the price will be higher next time, I was just following the guidelines from RAGE studios to give it out that way, to make sure we can have a 2nd one, along with more stuff to invest further on. In the end of the night I only made 20 bucks, which was basically used for my dinner and gas. Even tho. I was promised 25 or 30 but I was cool with it....So because of all the work I do, don't you think I earn a little more for my time and efforts? WELL OF COURSE, but you guys don't hear me complaining about it. If staff memebers from RAGE studios could compete in their own tournament and win the prize, then that would be a diffrent story.

The issue about the fees was stated before on the other thread, about how we needed to invest further on larger space, more time slots, and more stations. So nothing was being pocketed besides to make our spot better. Just we didn't have enough to invest on any other place this month besides the same place. However, we are trying to have more space open to us, which is most likely to happen, so thats good to know.

And to get back to your question about the amount taken from the pot, pretty much 2.50 for each $5.00.

And last note-
Seriously, stop thinking I'm the boss of this, I'm just a messenger/Volunteer from RAGE studios and WAS your host for the night of the 1st one...Now that might change for the next one, cause I don't think I'll be able to either make it due to work or, just be coming late.

I hope this helps!

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
well if ur gonna take money out of the pot then i suggest u charge an entrance fee b/c the money is then comin outta the winning players pocket. also it doesnt seem fair that ppl who enter the singles bracket pay doubles as opposed to those who only join doubles.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry, I thought you were the one in charge of everything, I didn't know it was others. But yea, charge a $5 entrance fee, and don't take any money from the pots as Mexi said.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
burn's doing the best he can, so continue to do it, also stop bashing on him, jeeze, bash on meeee!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Velocity

Smash Lord
I highly agree with Bums list although I can see changes being made to it pokemon 2 is just ridiculous IMO Electro plankton isn't that bad of a stage and you can have Bridge of elden if you dont get chaingrabbed who cares and if you do you have 2 bans right idk

I think lylat is an awful neutral but its fine if you have stages strikes and a ban maybe 2
2 is a bit much but it depends. oh and put pirate ship on. **** spear pillar that **** is like wario ware.

make a 2$ unless you venue is really nice and expensive then you can do $5

I hate when the pot gets taken out from cause the players who won would love to pay a couple dollars to see the 20% that was removed from there winnings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
**Seriously tho. Spear Pillar, Pirate Ship, and Aero Drive is still being talked over to being placed back since it's treated the same as Halberd. So something will happen between Halberd and them, either Halberd stays and those 3 gets placed back, OR Halberd goes with those 3. It makes no sense to keep one of them while the other 3 is being viewed as the same kind of stages. What's the point in counter-picking when you can't pick a stage you like? Or know you can win on? Really guys...
Halberd's laser is extremely easy to smash DI out of, the cannonball is predictable and slow, and the claw is very weak and predictable. The cars on Aero Dive are insanely fast and strong. You can die hitting the wall. The Pirate Ship is pretty gay, so I can see that getting banned. But, once again, the cannonballs are predictable and you can DI that thing that flips you off and it does no damage anyways. Spear Pillar shouldn't need explanation, dude. It's probably the single worst stage in the game for competitive play.

You should probably unban Green Greens and Rainbow Cruise. They weren't banned in Melee, so why ban them now? Castle Siege is also fine.

And...
Oh course for the record, I know I went over board with all that flaming I said, Sorry Inui…But seriously, it’s only positive/respectful criticisms as feedbacks and ideas that will benefit towards the changes. So I rather us start over, and get on good terms. That also goes with how you act towards everything. Seriously, respect whats being said right here.
Uh, okay.

I'm going to have two teams from Montage going. We'll make sure you don't. ^_^
I want to team with you or Ether this time. I've had Atomsk before.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
halberd should be fine, but who cares. if we get to lose spear pillar an such, take out halberd. castle siege is more than fine.

Burn

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I wanted to really explain the reason for Castle Siege going and a few others....

Main reason is because when the map changes BACK to the 1st map you and anyone else that is fighting ends up fighting in mid-air, or lower ends off the side of the stage and then someone will get a cheap kill with a meteor smash while their just making it back because the stage is just screwy.

Next is when it goes to the 2nd map you noticed there is the endless edge things, well that simply wasn't approved since we're trying to remove stages that favors over characters chain grabbing....

But yes Velocity, we actually wanted to keep Bridge of Eldin like last time, but people refuse to keep it just because they can't seem to be able to avoid chain grabs, So just so we DON'T have to hear people complain about it, let's just remove what stages that do pose some kind of harm with chain grabs. Even tho. thats really lame, it's part of the game...Also PMS 2 I don't like the tred-mill thing, and the wind section, and the ice'y floor...but it was choose to be in there for some odd reason...And Electro plankton was removed simply because it's just too jumping around of a stage, even tho. you could use alot of it to your advantage...

Now Pirate Ship was and is a very acceptable stage seeing how you can see the bombs and the clutch sticking out. Plus only smart players know to meteor smash when someone is in the water and use the front end of the boat to their advantage. There isn't anything wrong with this stage...

But see...thats the same with Spear Pillar, if your a smart player you'll know the effects of the stage and use it for yourself, like thowing someone into the laser beams, or know the times and paterns of Cresselia energy blades...it's so easy to avoid and to time as well which one is coming. Along with the slow-mo, some people can't handle being slow so they just goto the top or bottom to avoid fighting but then again they might not be able to get out of an attack you put them in cause they're button reaction isn't moving to the FPS on the screen. Next is the button swap of up-down and left-right, That to me is really cool. I mean yeah your in a middle of a fight and it flips on you, but who cares, your both effected. You guys could agree like before the match not to attack while it's doing that or just duke it out like pros, it only last what 25sec. max. Plus if your in the middle of recovering durning the swap or flip, and you didn't make it back lets say...then it was well earning stage for who ever counter picked it, they used the stages effects to their advantage...And the laser beams, are the most easiest thing to read coming from the stage...

Unlike with Halberd, the Bombs yes you can see, but let's say you've been avoiding them and all of a sudden you got hit up and a blue bomb just so happens to pick that spot and kills you while your recovering or focusing making it back...but whats more annoying is the lock on target and your just jumping around just getting it off of you or near someone else, seriously it also mess up the look of your character when you need to see whats going on. Also that range on the beam is insane, and goes to almost 1/2 the stage...
And don't get me started with that UN-EXPECTED claw....it's so random and yes it DOES KILL at 50% + ...so seriously we don't want people to die with a claw that just blends with the background while your fighting...we rather effects in the stage that you can see, or be warned about in some fashion...and then also you have the docking station at the start of the stage, it has the endless edge thing, so if anyone really wanted to they could time a chain grab perfect...even tho. I know the timing from the start of the stage might be hard to really nail it, BUT it does go back to it, so someone still has a chance to pull that off...but oh wells.

Now Port Town Aero Drive, some people actually like, because they can use the cars to their advantages, but at the same time, Taking a large RISK at killing themselves. But then again, they might know what their doing with picking that place because maybe they know heavy weights don't stand a chance there, like DK and Bowser. Plus you can see when the cars are coming a mile away, and you can also hear them as well. Some points they never even show up, so once again it just depends how well you know the stage to use it to your advantage...and all these stages I've stated are RISK factor stages. It just shows who knows the stage better while fighting, unless you just get lucky.

Rainbow Cruise is just bad...It's a scrolling stage,which wastes time, plus if someone has a Pokemon trainer then you'll get mixed up very easily with the platform he's on...PLUS it makes it an easy stage to do cheap kills on the sides, even to do meteor smash...basicly thats all it is on that stage. Jumping around, smash, smash, smash, OH cheap kill, Is that a platform? NO its stupid ASH! I died!
So we just don't want it, it's horrible...

Next is Green Greens, it's not a fun stage to play on anymore...it's so boring...plus those bombs are somtimes Unavoidable while fighting, unless you use it for your own means...but also it sucks how when your recovering in between the stage slots, BLOCKs come down stoping you from making it back on...So yeah why even keep it. Plus the wind is alittle annoying, AND you get free items to throw...Like the apples. We're trying to limit ITEMS from being used in any way possible from stages...thus the reason for Distant Planet, it's so jumpy of a stage, and some people can't understand that the water is avoidable in most cases, even if your in it. And then the Big Bug thing...Well i like how some people can use it to their advantage, but oh wells.

Then Onett (melee) and Yoshi's Island (melee) basicly one of the biggest reason was because they have the endless Edge thing, and reason 2 was because on Onett people don't seem to get or even understand when a car is coming and know how to avoid it...And Yoshi's Island those Spinning blocks seem to cause a problem with some people in the center so it's better to just ban these 2 stages as well...so there isn't any problems.

So yeah, those are the main reasons for some of them...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I like how stages like Spear Pillar are "skill based" while knowing when to meteor smash for instance is considered cheap and not skill based. So I guess meteor cancelling, and proper recovery are not skill based? But of course the counterpick stages that have been proven fine by the community from Melee (Rainbow Cruise and Green Greens) are simply deemed bad, boring, able to get cheap kills (but isn't that part of the counterpick according to you), getting confused with Red's platform (???), and free items (Zero Suit Samus anyone). You do realize in Melee Rainbow Cruise used to be a neutral stage as deemed by the MLG right? As for Castle Siege, you should be able to put it to your advantage that you know when the stage changes. You are given warning. Also, when changing to the inbetween sequence, you're saved if your off the screen, and you're given about 5 seconds to make it back to the middle.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
spear pillar is horrible, PS2 is horrible b/c the stage types r ridiculously gay, castle siege is a great stage IMO, bridge of eldin is horrible cuz of the chaingrabbin(its called chaingrabbin for a reason cuz u CANT escape it), aero dive is horrible cuz of the cars and unlike halberd u cant grab on to the ledge as it moves, and pirate ship isnt that bad as long as the two songs on it r gerudo valley and song of storms.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I agree with everything Mexi said except the Aero Dive one cause I can't remember what stage that is.

Edit: That's Port Town. I like playing on the stage for fun but for tourney? I don't know about that.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Main reason is because when the map changes BACK to the 1st map you and anyone else that is fighting ends up fighting in mid-air, or lower ends off the side of the stage and then someone will get a cheap kill with a meteor smash while their just making it back because the stage is just screwy.
It's predictable. You know when it's going to change and what it's going to change into. It's your own fault if you're way off to the side when it transforms. You have enough time to save yourself easily.

Next is when it goes to the 2nd map you noticed there is the endless edge things, well that simply wasn't approved since we're trying to remove stages that favors over characters chain grabbing....
The statues actually interfere with projectile camping and there are four platforms for people to stay on. This is the easiest walk-off portion in the entire game to avoid being chaingrabbed to death, and this part only lasts for 1/3 of the stage.

But yes Velocity, we actually wanted to keep Bridge of Eldin like last time, but people refuse to keep it just because they can't seem to be able to avoid chain grabs, So just so we DON'T have to hear people complain about it, let's just remove what stages that do pose some kind of harm with chain grabs. Even tho. thats really lame, it's part of the game...Also PMS 2 I don't like the tred-mill thing, and the wind section, and the ice'y floor...but it was choose to be in there for some odd reason...And Electro plankton was removed simply because it's just too jumping around of a stage, even tho. you could use alot of it to your advantage...
Even though it's part of the game, it's unfair and broken. I agree that PMS2 and Hannenbow should be banned. They are terrible stages.

Now Pirate Ship was and is a very acceptable stage seeing how you can see the bombs and the clutch sticking out. Plus only smart players know to meteor smash when someone is in the water and use the front end of the boat to their advantage. There isn't anything wrong with this stage...
That's not a reason to ban it at all.

But see...thats the same with Spear Pillar, if your a smart player you'll know the effects of the stage and use it for yourself, like thowing someone into the laser beams, or know the times and paterns of Cresselia energy blades...it's so easy to avoid and to time as well which one is coming. Along with the slow-mo, some people can't handle being slow so they just goto the top or bottom to avoid fighting but then again they might not be able to get out of an attack you put them in cause they're button reaction isn't moving to the FPS on the screen. Next is the button swap of up-down and left-right, That to me is really cool. I mean yeah your in a middle of a fight and it flips on you, but who cares, your both effected. You guys could agree like before the match not to attack while it's doing that or just duke it out like pros, it only last what 25sec. max. Plus if your in the middle of recovering durning the swap or flip, and you didn't make it back lets say...then it was well earning stage for who ever counter picked it, they used the stages effects to their advantage...And the laser beams, are the most easiest thing to read coming from the stage...
Spear Pillar is not a skill-based stage. Any stage that actively tries to kill you in ways that are hard to avoid and interferes with matches needs to be banned, and Spear Pillar is one of the worst stages in the game for competitive play because of all the random effects. It's not a fair stage, everyone hates it, so please give up on trying to make it legal.

Unlike with Halberd, the Bombs yes you can see, but let's say you've been avoiding them and all of a sudden you got hit up and a blue bomb just so happens to pick that spot and kills you while your recovering or focusing making it back...but whats more annoying is the lock on target and your just jumping around just getting it off of you or near someone else, seriously it also mess up the look of your character when you need to see whats going on. Also that range on the beam is insane, and goes to almost 1/2 the stage...
And don't get me started with that UN-EXPECTED claw....it's so random and yes it DOES KILL at 50% + ...so seriously we don't want people to die with a claw that just blends with the background while your fighting...we rather effects in the stage that you can see, or be warned about in some fashion...and then also you have the docking station at the start of the stage, it has the endless edge thing, so if anyone really wanted to they could time a chain grab perfect...even tho. I know the timing from the start of the stage might be hard to really nail it, BUT it does go back to it, so someone still has a chance to pull that off...but oh wells.
Actually hitting people into the bombs is the person's fault that got hit for both getting hit and not DI'ing and then air dodging well enough to avoid the bomb. The laser-lock thing should just be ignored because the laser can't kill you due to being the easiest thing in the game to smash DI out of.

The claw can't kill you at 50% unless you DI the worst way possible. This is nowhere near the level of, say, the cars in Port Town that nearly instantly kill you.

Now Port Town Aero Drive, some people actually like, because they can use the cars to their advantages, but at the same time, Taking a large RISK at killing themselves. But then again, they might know what their doing with picking that place because maybe they know heavy weights don't stand a chance there, like DK and Bowser. Plus you can see when the cars are coming a mile away, and you can also hear them as well. Some points they never even show up, so once again it just depends how well you know the stage to use it to your advantage...and all these stages I've stated are RISK factor stages. It just shows who knows the stage better while fighting, unless you just get lucky.
It's like 30 of Falcon's final smashes come charging at you at once. That's ridiculous. The cars and parts of the stage can kill you at absurdly low percents, so this stage has to be banned. Those cars are not harmless like other things, and not super easy to avoid.

Rainbow Cruise is just bad...It's a scrolling stage,which wastes time, plus if someone has a Pokemon trainer then you'll get mixed up very easily with the platform he's on...PLUS it makes it an easy stage to do cheap kills on the sides, even to do meteor smash...basicly thats all it is on that stage. Jumping around, smash, smash, smash, OH cheap kill, Is that a platform? NO its stupid ASH! I died!
So we just don't want it, it's horrible...
Melee had faster, stronger, better, easier spikes and the stage was still not banned in both singles and teams. Why is it banned now? Spikes are not that hard to avoid, and if someone spikes you there they can spike you basically anywhere. There's also *gasp* METEOR CANCELLING to save you. There's no reason to ban a stage that's even more fair than it used to be.

Next is Green Greens, it's not a fun stage to play on anymore...it's so boring...plus those bombs are somtimes Unavoidable while fighting, unless you use it for your own means...but also it sucks how when your recovering in between the stage slots, BLOCKs come down stoping you from making it back on...So yeah why even keep it. Plus the wind is alittle annoying, AND you get free items to throw...Like the apples. We're trying to limit ITEMS from being used in any way possible from stages...thus the reason for Distant Planet, it's so jumpy of a stage, and some people can't understand that the water is avoidable in most cases, even if your in it. And then the Big Bug thing...Well i like how some people can use it to their advantage, but oh wells.
It's the same exact stage, so what are you talking about?

Then Onett (melee) and Yoshi's Island (melee) basicly one of the biggest reason was because they have the endless Edge thing, and reason 2 was because on Onett people don't seem to get or even understand when a car is coming and know how to avoid it...And Yoshi's Island those Spinning blocks seem to cause a problem with some people in the center so it's better to just ban these 2 stages as well...so there isn't any problems.
Those are horrible, so yes, ban them.

it is fun to play on but when money is on the line, i dont think it makes for a good stage.
QFT when it comes to every stage that should be banned.

Burn

Smash Cadet
I like how stages like Spear Pillar are "skill based" while knowing when to meteor smash for instance is considered cheap and not skill based. So I guess meteor cancelling, and proper recovery are not skill based?...
Um if you noticed I did base certain times and stages aound SKILL using Meteor smashes and recovering....

Plus only smart players know to meteor smash when someone is in the water and use the front end of the boat to their advantage....
This is perfectly fine...

...But of course the counterpick stages that have been proven fine by the community from Melee (Rainbow Cruise and Green Greens) are simply deemed bad, boring, able to get cheap kills (but isn't that part of the counterpick according to you), getting confused with Red's platform (???), and free items (Zero Suit Samus anyone). You do realize in Melee Rainbow Cruise used to be a neutral stage as deemed by the MLG right?...
Rainbow Cruise is not a fair level in BRAWL, your focusing way TOO much on running around with a scrolling stage, why would you even want that? And then maybe suddenly you get in the middle of a smash attack super close to edge, which regardless where your at you get sucked into the magnetize zone....And key word in your post, USED TO BE A NEUTRAL STAGE...untill MLG host some offical rules for BRAWL, other then the ONLINE tournaments, then we might consider it. And Green Greens also, I said it has its skillfull points, but also it has it's bad points...

You stated also about Samus with her armor...THATS character ITEM it's FINE! We don't care if it comes from the characters, like Wario, R.O.B., Samus, Peach,DDD,Link or who ever...as long as it's not coming from the stage then it's fine. Thus the reason for Mario Bros. to be removed, the turtles & Crabs can kill very easily and it has endless edge for chain grabbing.

...As for Castle Siege, you should be able to put it to your advantage that you know when the stage changes. You are given warning. Also, when changing to the inbetween sequence, you're saved if your off the screen, and you're given about 5 seconds to make it back to the middle.
And as for Castle Siege I know what you mean when it changes, but seriously it falls under the same advantage points as Spear Pillar, Aero Drive, Pirate Ship, and Halberd...I think it's just easier to remove Halberd so we don't have to think about these kind of stages...But then again all the other counter picks are like them...so seriously we need to balance this out...are we focusing on stages we just like, and can win on. Or are we focusing on skill base stages to use because it's your counterpick? Either way the best of the best wouldn't have a problem with ANY stage in the game, but we're just watering down the game so you guys can win, am I right?

I don't see how anyone could base advantages on Pokemon S. 2, it's so out of place...any other stage I'm cool with.

I think we should just stick with counter picks for giving someone a chance to win on, meaning any stage is open at that point, but the winner of the 1st round chooses what 1 or 2stages that can't be picked. It was just an idea. LOL

And MEXI yeah if we do agree on Pirate ship, then I'll make sure we have those 2 songs on each unit...I like them too!

---------------------------------

So we need to work out some kind of deal, we’ll remove Pokémon Stadium 2 If one or more of these stages are placed in… Summit, Hanenbow , Big Blue (melee) , Jungle Japes (melee)

And then, for Halberd, we either do one of the two things…Remove it, or keep it adding these: Pirate Ship ,Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Port Town Aero Drive.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the biggest problem of bridge of eldin isn't even the chaingrabbing. sure its terrible, but a huge aspect of it is the extreme camping. the stage is too big and favors fast characters a lot. and when the stage blows up, it becomes a camp fest between person on left vs person on right. and some characters even have trouble crossing the gap if they dont wanna camp or cant lol

edit: if pirate ship has nothing but song of storms on, it should be neutral haha
i love that song

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So we need to work out some kind of deal, we’ll remove Pokémon Stadium 2 If one or more of these stages are placed in… Summit, Hanenbow , Big Blue (melee) , Jungle Japes (melee)

And then, for Halberd, we either do one of the two things…Remove it, or keep it adding these: Pirate Ship ,Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Port Town Aero Drive.
Wtf are you talking about? You don't have to add nonsense in order to add a fair stage. Pokemon Stadium 2 isn't equal to those stages in anything, so I don't know where that logic comes from.

No, because Halberd is fair and those other stages sans Castle Siege are tons gayer. Pirate Ship is okay, but the others are beyond terrible.

Arguements have been presented to you by tournament veterans, and all of us so far are in agreement on basically everything. Please listen to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom