• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament II- Turnersville, NJ - MAY 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I've decided to respond to this, Ninja_Ned style!

Ninja_Ned is stupid :laugh:

Every person seems to disagree with what you say :laugh:

You insult other people and call them ***gots for no reason :ohwell:

You're stupid and you smoke :laugh:

I hope you have lung cancer :laugh:

Wahhhhhhhh I'm going to whine about everything to support my friend even lie to everyone in long pointless posts that hardly anyone is going to read all of it :urg:

TALKING IN :laugh:HUGE TEXT :laugh:AND CAPS MAKES WHAT:laugh: I SAY MORE IMPORTANT :laugh:

:laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
sounds to me NOTHING can be as bad as this tournament, man i wish i was there to see EXACTLY what happened, now it's all left up to my imagination

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sorry for sounding mean Burn because we all basically got on your case hardcore without you saying anything to us. I apologize as I was angry over something else earlier.

@ Ninja Ned: SHUT THE **** UP!! No one read your **** anyway except maybe DM cause he likes to point out ****.

@ Burn: You have Basically lost respect from at least 99% of the smashboards community in NJ and that respect is not easy to get back if it's even possible. Although Inui and DM go retardedly overboard with their talk it's still no reason to ban them from singles. That's childlike behavior.

Your rules have been pointed out time and time again for months to be alot more unnatural than usual tournies held by more respectable people and you decided to change minimal things to the point nothing looked changed and things happened very unfairly.

Honestly there's no point in even having this thread cause no one on smashboards will go and anyone thinking of going will be turned off by all of the above posters.

The only thing to really do is say sorry.

Besides that, boo at you making Inui look right!! He's always supposed to be wrong!! We'll never hear the end of this from Inui :laugh:......:urg:

dmbrandon

Smash Master
The best part was the guy Left Hyrule on, and Ether ran the circle on some kid for the whole match, and then Burn complained about stalling and cheating. It was HILARIOUS!

Velocity

Smash Lord
Everything you need to know.

Wow this thread has sharply gone down hill.

I guess I'm going to make an actual post that addresses stuff.

First Regarding the "fight" from what I understand there's more then one person at fault for what happened...
1. the people verbally attacking. I mean trash talking is talking **** about the game not anything else, who are you to say anything about anyone. really, grow up.
2. Inui for being awful at communication
3. DM for lack of patience in resolving the situation, though what would anyone else have done in the same situation fighting would have been pretty cool but going to jail cause your fighting with minors is certainly not.
4. everyone helping with the tournament didn't handle the situation right.

Second Regarding the pay out

I've talked this over in person at the tournament with the director and we discussed why they should charge a venue fee and pay 100% of the pot out and I'll have no problem working with them on this.

Third Regarding the stage rules

read the above paragraph I worked with them on the list of stages and they will be revising them to include bans, banning , coutnerpicks, counterpicking, time limit, neutrals , double blind ect. and once again I will probably stay in contact with them about this

Fourth Regarding the brackets and the general tourney

this is their second tourney ever give them time, they're trying to get it right. one example of that is me drawing the entire 64 person double elimination bracket by hand(and them using it) i also filled them in on seating and pools and what their options are as far as those subjects go. if you don't wanna go to the next one don't go and leave it at that but as far as they let me be involved I can assure everyone that I will do everything i can to make it flawless. Despite not hosting any tournaments my involvement and sometimes even taking over entire tournaments are numerous.

also there was nothing wrong with the singles bracket except losers was one round only which would have been avoided had they known how to do double elimination. remember this is the second time they've even done a tourney so give them a break. after the first one no one made a well enough effort to help anyone besides say if you don't do this your stupid.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You guys need to calm this down a little bit. I've hit that new guy with a 3 pointer and M2K with a 1 pointer (cause he didn't curse/wasn't anywhere near as inappropriate).

I'll start giving out more stuff if this continues, but it really just looks like this:

Tournament ran poorly.
Some people upset.

That is basically the gist. You can type out how it went down but try and keep the emotion out of it, because that is really all that is being said.

Lord Auto

Smash Rookie
Nah.

Why don't you start winning?
your life is a big f*ck up. Go jiggle your **** somewhere, you shemale wookie.

AAAANYYWWAAAYYS

The whole tournament wasnt cool. I think its due to inexperience tho, so you should stop jumping down Burn's throat for taking 5 dollars from you. If people that are not Diem and Inui could offer some positive criticism, maybe it could turn into a better tournament. Honestly, it was bad, but it COULDNT have the worst tourney.

But yea, no matter how bad a tourney is run, dont call the cops when the Fries trash talk lol.

Lord Auto

Smash Rookie
Wow this thread has sharply gone down hill.

I guess I'm going to make an actual post that addresses stuff.

First Regarding the "fight" from what I understand there's more then one person at fault for what happened...
1. the people verbally attacking. I mean trash talking is talking **** about the game not anything else, who are you to say anything about anyone. really, grow up.
2. Inui for being awful at communication
3. DM for lack of patience in resolving the situation, though what would anyone else have done in the same situation fighting would have been pretty cool but going to jail cause your fighting with minors is certainly not.
4. everyone helping with the tournament didn't handle the situation right.

Second Regarding the pay out

I've talked this over in person at the tournament with the director and we discussed why they should charge a venue fee and pay 100% of the pot out and I'll have no problem working with them on this.

Third Regarding the stage rules

read the above paragraph I worked with them on the list of stages and they will be revising them to include bans, banning , coutnerpicks, counterpicking, time limit, neutrals , double blind ect. and once again I will probably stay in contact with them about this

Fourth Regarding the brackets and the general tourney

this is their second tourney ever give them time, they're trying to get it right. one example of that is me drawing the entire 64 person double elimination bracket by hand(and them using it) i also filled them in on seating and pools and what their options are as far as those subjects go. if you don't wanna go to the next one don't go and leave it at that but as far as they let me be involved I can assure everyone that I will do everything i can to make it flawless. Despite not hosting any tournaments my involvement and sometimes even taking over entire tournaments are numerous.

also there was nothing wrong with the singles bracket except losers was one round only which would have been avoided had they known how to do double elimination. remember this is the second time they've even done a tourney so give them a break. after the first one no one made a well enough effort to help anyone besides say if you don't do this your stupid.
i wish i could have said this lol.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Also lolol @ Montage getting yelled @ by a smasher named Ninja Ned!! Ya'll don't bring Ninja Edd to tournies anymore and now ya'll paid dearly for it with a poser!!

To make this post sound relevant......

@ Lord Auto: Not only is no one getting angry at what your saying but you also look silly. Please refrain from quoting Velocity saying you wish you said that cause there was no way possible you could have and everyone please stop saying "The Fries" cause I never heard such a gay smash name and it's hurting my head everytime I read it.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'll start giving out more stuff if this continues, but it really just looks like this:

Tournament ran poorly.
Some people upset.
This is a gross understatement.

All I did was call the cops on some kids. It was either that, or fight and go to jail. Sorry, I'm an adult. I got a ban from singles for being a responsible person. I mean, you had signs everywhere saying "No rough housing, be nice, be mindful of other people's feelings" and all this other ****. Obviously, the TO knew the area better than us, considering your friends came and started more **** in one tourn, then I've seen at all the tourns I've been to for smash, in my entire life.

He tried tell me and Inui we couldn't have the first place prize for doubles, as well, but I wasn't gonna have that ****.

Velocity, don't bother with this. We have ToS, TSA, Montage, and even SWR running events in/around NJ, we don't need this kid and his friends costing us money.

And AZ: I have a higher rank on GB! ^_~

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1) Understating, yea, shrug? Thats why I said outline what happeened, but this has basically turned into a lot of spam posts with no more contributions other that "Yo, this sucked".

2) Yeap, higher rank on GB. Thats fine, I'll probably get into the top 50 or so when I get wifi back in two weeks. It took awhile for me to get accustomed to online play. I started 14-10, my record since then is 25-3. I don't particularly care about gamebattles and my rank, its just a lot of fun to play and pretty decent practice (beats fighting CPU's).

3) Sigh, I remember the days when NJ's tourney scene was nonexistent. Not really any point in saying this, just interesting to see how its developed.

4) What team did you play on/what tournaments did you go to qualify as pro in MLG?

Finally,

You're stupid and you smoke
This is so mean to like 90% (exaggeration) of the Smash community, at least around the MD/VA area. I remember going outside for a break at C3 and we had 17 Smashers smoking...and that wasn't even all the Smashers that smoked at that tournament. Plus, I hope you aren't hoping that Chu/others will get lung cancer.

EDIT: There is sarcasm there, just to be clear I'm joking.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

AAAANYYWWAAAYYS

The whole tournament wasnt cool. I think its due to inexperience tho, so you should stop jumping down Burn's throat for taking 5 dollars from you. If people that are not Diem and Inui could offer some positive criticism, maybe it could turn into a better tournament. Honestly, it was bad, but it COULDNT have the worst tourney.

But yea, no matter how bad a tourney is run, dont call the cops when the Fries trash talk lol.
Nah, my life's all right. At least I'm not on the internet saying other people have screwed up lives based on nothing.

No, it was the worst tournament I've ever attended.

What the heck is "the Fries" and how were we supposed to know they weren't serious? They were idiot teenagers and got in Brandon's face multiple times.

Lord Auto

Smash Rookie
To make this post sound relevant......

@ Lord Auto: Not only is no one getting angry at what your saying but you also look silly. Please refrain from quoting Velocity saying you wish you said that cause there was no way possible you could have and everyone please stop saying "The Fries" cause I never heard such a gay smash name and it's hurting my head everytime I read it.
Time out...

Fries are the dudes last names, at least its not some gay anime smash name.

anyways, I couldnt have said it, so i wish i could, or did, get off my d*ck about it.

We could have a lot more fun without taking offense to things not said to you :-p

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
this is so pointless. this is dumb. get over and stop posting this dumb crap. A mod should close this thread, so dmb inui and other arent getting attacked for nothing.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Listen Ninja fred or whatever the hell you call yourself, how dare you fling your projectiles of **** all over the place, it amazes even me on how much of it is generated out of your mouth. Then you have the nerves to disrespect Inui's man boobs like you did, this will cause me many sleepless nights and the fact that his boobs surpasses you in skill, life and IQ it is disturbing but suspected, the entire smash community will agree with that sadly. How did you manage to spill out of your father's sack and enter this world with such a disease that directly causes stupidity. Did you just seep out one day by accident and managed to form some type of intelligence to crawl into your mom and be born prematurely?

Am I reading this rat **** right? Is some happy meal side order making threats? real gangsta Mr fries, please don't throw a ****ing ketchup bottle at me.

@AlphaZealot, you can't come over my house tomorrow anymore, my house is getting construction done, sorry about the inconvenience.

Velocity

Smash Lord

AAAANYYWWAAAYYS

I've already offered positive criticism so hopefully Burn will still be willing to work with me on that. as I've said in my previous post.

Out of close to 50 tournament this is pretty much the worst tourney I've been to due to experience mostly, though I've been to other tourneys with that same problems just not all of them at one place. I'll say it again it's not something that can't be fixed.

Lord Auto

Smash Rookie
Nah, my life's all right. At least I'm not on the internet saying other people have screwed up lives based on nothing.

No, it was the worst tournament I've ever attended.

What the heck is "the Fries" and how were we supposed to know they weren't serious? They were idiot teenagers and got in Brandon's face multiple times.
Inui, wat do you do off the internet? and besides pwning n00bs at numerous video games? Honest question, not inciting flames...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Listen Ninja fred or whatever the hell you call yourself, how dare you fling your projectiles of **** all over the place, it amazes even me on how much of it is generated out of your mouth. Then you have the nerves to disrespect Inui's man boobs like you did, this will cause me many sleepless nights and the fact that his boobs surpasses you in skill, life and IQ it is disturbing but suspected, the entire smash community will agree with that sadly. How did you manage to spill out of your father's sack and enter this world with such a disease that directly causes stupidity. Did you just seep out one day by accident and managed to form some type of intelligence to crawl into your mom and be born prematurely?

Am I reading this rat **** right? Is some happy meal side order making threats? real gangsta Mr fries, please don't throw a ****ing ketchup bottle at me.

@AlphaZealot, you can't come over my house tomorrow anymore, my house is getting construction done, sorry about the inconvenience.
ROFLMAO

Starcock is the best person in the entire community. I still can't stop laughing. :laugh:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was supposed to be coming to your house tomorrow?

And...I'll likely be closing this thread in a few minutes/an hour, unless things turn around.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
AZ: Good ****, this thread is dumb. lol it was funny when Mexi/Velocity/Inui/Diem told me the story of what happened. But what has happened here is gay and dumb.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nah i like this. Why can you HO-MOs do it and not me? no one here no burns and every1 else was playing or was not there. DM and Inui are Bullz Sh*ting liers making burn look bad when he did nuften but cut them a break again. Goto Jail or Get ban? I like getting banned better. So my mama dont need to bail me out.

Chibo u suck INUI too? Then shut up you was not there too bro. how much does he pay u to say that? Tea bags? :laugh:

Edit:
WOW You ho-moz cant even take trash talk on here and no you are wrongz! Can't call the cops but you can call the internet Admin! What adults you are when it comes to you guyz u can say sh*t all day long but when some1 who knowz his sh*t comes like other noobs here we get treat like dirt When we R right and get told on by admins cause they dont like seeing it.
I was not at this one because I was too busy running my own superior tournament. However you are ready to assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. Go look at the results from the first Rage Studios tourney and you'll see me there in second place on the website. Yea that's right, I already went to it, and dealt with it. And despite being allowed to go to the 2nd one for free, I still didn't go.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
positive criticism.

got to meet Quasimodo

had a delicious hamburger patty melt

learned that only girls play Yoshi.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
**** like this tourny directors name, thats a fawkin burn. Ninja_Ned your a peessha **** you know that(lol) and spamming faces isnt cute either.

Velocity

Smash Lord
<----Doesn't have a lame anime name :laugh:

seriously no one even needs to post in this thread anymore until burn has updates for the next tourney or someone has some positive incite. theres nothing else that can be said that wasn't already said It's a waste. Besides being a sarcastic smartass I do try to help the community I'm a part of and despite being incredibly lazy this is far as I'll go. It doesn't matter if theres enough tourneys every weekend the more tourneys the better stop looking at it like you're getting a lesser tournout maybe in melee but the more the better, give this game time (even though this game sucks) you don't want to turn away more competition more money and don't say something stupid like scrubs aren't competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom