• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament II- Turnersville, NJ - MAY 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
My brother and I are thinking about attending this tourney. It would be the first Tourney we've participated in. In the doubles portion, we'd obviously be partners, in singles, we'd kick each other's *****. I'm a little confused on a few things, but I'm sure I'll pick it up in time. We hope to have fun and maybe even do well in the tournament. Oh well, see ya there.

eric weaver wuz here

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
here's what was suppose to happen, i was gonna paste that in the bum thread where he like ***** everyone with his copy and paste, somehow it ended here, i must've had too many threads open, my apologies, and chobo, don't ever not funny me! forward smash.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Bum is way better at copypasta than you.
dood i jus started cut me some freakin slack, so what, i screwed up, it's hard to keep up with pros when you've just started, and besides, this was merely a technical error, it can fixed through doing it more often, i doubt i'll copyandpaste in the thread i don't want it to be in, i'm getting good fast, really fast

Beat

Smash Ace
here's what was suppose to happen, i was gonna paste that in the bum thread where he like ***** everyone with his copy and paste, somehow it ended here, i must've had too many threads open, my apologies, and chobo, don't ever not funny me! forward smash.
You called me chobo. What the **** is chobo? Failure.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
omg, so sorry, jeeze that was just not my day, first i messed up the thread pwnage, then i messed up yur name, my tech skill is just really off you know when that happens, wight chocobo!?!?!?

Beat

Smash Ace
omg, so sorry, jeeze that was just not my day, first i messed up the thread pwnage, then i messed up yur name, my tech skill is just really off you know when that happens, wight chocobo!?!?!?
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm perfect. Also, this isn't spam...

SwampFox

Smash Cadet
Don't let these d-bags get the best of you guy who was considering not going. It's a fun time for the most part, and i'm hoping the director will have his **** together this time. If not we can always start a riot..and who doesn't like a good riot?
Driving down from Trenton sounds like a bit of a hike for such a small tourney though..so it's up to you, with gas being as pricey as it is I wouldn't blame you if you didn't show.

SwampFox

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know what's up with this tournament or why it has been pushed back?

SwampFox

Smash Cadet
According to the official site as well as the beginning of this topic something has come up... I have no idea.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
*Bump* new date has been released.
Hooray for getting a new date up.

But how come you still don't listen to what the community wants and has deemed fair?

Sudden Deaths – YES/ON (Take them as they come, they DO COUNT)

STAGES-
Random Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Custom Stages (100% flat stages)
Use the standard percent rule that existed like half a decade ago for Melee and still exist today for Brawl. It's a lot more fair. Losing because someone had 150% on their last stock while you had 0% and they camped and then hit you once in the sudden death is extremely unfair.

Custom stages have screwed up cameras. Like, the camera jumps around and seems to have seizures. This makes it difficult to play on them. Please don't use them.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the prob with custom stages isnt cause of the camera as inui said, its cause of everyone makes them so freicken huge! unless u actually make em small, but the one custom u were bout to use for the first tourney was riiculous. plus, if its 100% flat, whats wrong with final D?

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
it'd be best to let everyone see the stage somehow, and let everyone evaluate it, take a photo? whatever, if everyone doesn't mind it, i guess custom stages can be a go

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just tell us how long it is in metric marios haha. measure the length with the width of mario standing.

also i wanna come to this, and should, but im not exactly sure how i will. im moving into my new apartment the day before and sorta wanted the weekend to settle in. il find out something.

velocity - if i find a ride there, can u drive me back to philly that night?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i go to every tourney i can lol, it just turns out that i couldnt go to like any rutgers weeklies lol, and DM's happens to be on thesame day as my lil bros bday party

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
im jus gonna come out and put my 2 cents into this...the whole dispute about the tourney rules is sumthin to dispute about but in my opinion it takes a real fighter to adapt to rules of fighting cuz that shows how diverse and versatile a fighter he/she can be and well i think whoever can overcome those set of rules at different tourneys and maintain to be victorius might as well crowned the best at Brawl...ima sho up to this for sure...good luck to those who go and dmbrandon im on the same page wit u...ima jus sho up, no complaints, and aim for numba 1 c all ya'll there...

dmbrandon

Smash Master
im jus gonna come out and put my 2 cents into this...the whole dispute about the tourney rules is sumthin to dispute about but in my opinion it takes a real fighter to adapt to rules of fighting cuz that shows how diverse and versatile a fighter he/she can be and well i think whoever can overcome those set of rules at different tourneys and maintain to be victorius might as well crowned the best at Brawl...ima sho up to this for sure...good luck to those who go and dmbrandon im on the same page wit u...ima jus sho up, no complaints, and aim for numba 1 c all ya'll there...
That's not how **** works, dude.

Beat

Smash Ace
just tell us how long it is in metric marios haha. measure the length with the width of mario standing.
**** you. You're not amazing enough to come up with that. Thanks for the credit, pal.

Oh, while we're on custom stages... I recommend making them on the Medium size, ending three empty blocks from the horizontal limit on each side, and 6 down from the top. It ensures that your stage has fair blastbox/deathzones/whatever and mirror most stages in Brawl... I hope my explanation made sense. Also, make the stage about 5 blocks tall so that people don't get "battlefielded" if you're a Melee veteran or "FD'd" if you're a Brawlhead.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol, yeah. Talking to stubborn tournaments directors on AIM by yourself sure is productive.

You gotta gang up or they won't listen. Even then, people like Mr. Wizard won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom