• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's -562-Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike *PICS UP!!!!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
LOL, sounds like Races tourney just got more people coming due to guacamole and bbq's, lol.... I dont mind bringing any though, since ive got a tree in my backyard full of avocados :) Someones got to remind me though like a day before the tourney, otherwise ill forget, lol...

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
yea i dont think sonoras is an option unless we all stop for a break between doubles and singles to go there and eat and come back, so bbq sounds good lol

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
yea i dont think sonoras is an option unless we all stop for a break between doubles and singles to go there and eat and come back, so bbq sounds good lol
Who would bring what? LOL, we got to start a list, hahaha.... I guess ill start it lol. Im pretty sure this is going to fall apart toward the end though, haha, everyone is going to get lazy, cause who will cook the food :ohwell:

Jmex - Guacamole :)

Charoo

Smash Champion
Who would bring what? LOL, we got to start a list, hahaha.... I guess ill start it lol. Im pretty sure this is going to fall apart toward the end though, haha, everyone is going to get lazy, cause who will cook the food :ohwell:

Jmex - Guacamole :)
this guy don't even bring lemon when i ask him to =/

Race

Smash Lord
let me take care of food guys. . .lol, I have hot dog and ships so far.

I'll try to get BBQ, carne asada. . . . .

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
let me take care of food guys. . .lol, I have hot dog and ships so far.

I'll try to get BBQ, carne asada. . . . .
LOL, ****, looks like were going for a cruise two? ****, this get my vote for best tourney ever.

Charoo

Smash Champion
haha smashing on a boat!!! I call navigator if we have to work

Race

Smash Lord
I'm trying to size up how much it would cost so I can see how much I would charge for the extra meat.

sorry If i seem like a party pooper, but I have to charge for the extra food (Though some food is still free, like one serv. of Juice and SHIPS *Chips)

I'm looking at $3-$4 per plate. I'll have my own service

"Race's BBQ: If you lose first 2 round at least you have something to look forward to."

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I'm trying to size up how much it would cost so I can see how much I would charge for the extra meat.

sorry If i seem like a party pooper, but I have to charge for the extra food (Though some food is still free, like one serv. of Juice and SHIPS *Chips)

I'm looking at $3-$4 per plate. I'll have my own service

"Race's BBQ: If you lose first 2 round at least you have something to look forward to."
Hold on? Your going to charge extra for the food but your going to charge per plate as well? Wouldn't you just buy the food with your own money and charge for the plate of food thus making your money back and then some?:dizzy:

Race

Smash Lord
yeah that's what I'm doing. lol

I'll be charging per plate, 3-4 bucks (Still calculating)

of course there is the venue fee ($1) that pays for everything else

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
yeah that's what I'm doing. lol

I'll be charging per plate, 3-4 bucks (Still calculating)

of course there is the venue fee ($1) that pays for everything else
ok ok, i thought you were charging for the $1 + Extra for the food + the food plate..... Was about to say..... Did someone say Sonoras? lol

Race

Smash Lord
yeah, lol I wouldn't rip you guys off like that. that's just wrong . . .

though if I had ships the venue fee would increase by $500

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
jmex did u even come to sonoras with us? i think i saw u outside or something but i dont think u came in lol

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
jmex did u even come to sonoras with us? i think i saw u outside or something but i dont think u came in lol
LOL, no, i had to take a friend home and then i came back for Champ but i figured since everyone had been in there for a while you guys were probably done. :( But from the dozens of posts on your thread, i heard it was delicious. :)
yeah, lol I wouldn't rip you guys off like that. that's just wrong . . .

though if I had ships the venue fee would increase by $500
LOL, And then you can charge extra for life jackets, and make them mandatory so more money, haha... Now i want to smash on a boat. :(

Race

Smash Lord
All this talk of sonoras . . . .

I went out and bought myself a carnitas burrito w/ cheese and horchata a few hourse ago and am enjoying it rite now. . . .

Race

Smash Lord
OK as for food I'm thinking of ordering some meat to BBQ up and serve per plate. I'm not not sure how many people would be interested in the food so i'm not gonna go all out and buy 30 lbs of food that might not be finished. I'll go with 10 lbs for now and if intrest sparts i'll get more.

I'm thinking of a carne asada plate w/ rice and tortilla. =About $4
Also Hot Dogs will be there also=$2 w/ Chips

Man, I should start my own smash Resturant now eh?

If anyone else has any other suggestions plz let me know.

As for the tourney, same lay out as last time w/ lylat cruise being a counterpick this time. . .yes that's right.

LuCKy

Smash Master
wow i didnt think you guys were gonna take me seriously......but i am soo not gonna miss this lol

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Hey race, i like the idea of the food and all, but do you think it would be better if you started up like a list or something to get an idea of how many people will buy food? Just thought id throw it out there, so you wont have to spend extra when its not necessary.

Race

Smash Lord
Great Idea Jmex

How many ppl would be intrested in the Carne asada plates? I'm starting them at $4 a plate, and depending on how many would be down the price might go down. C'mon carne goodness. . .

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Anyone down for a crew battle after everything is said and done? Ive got my crew assembled except for one (Which im waiting for the ok for him to come). Anyway, anyone down :)... Well as long as Race is cool with it, lol..

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
i am, i keep wanting to do one but we never have enough time/people. Julian, run the tourny quickly so we can all do crew battles and have time to go to sonoras after lol, ur last tourny ended at like 9 for some reason even though u only had 5 more people than my tourny.

btw, how many ppl per crew r u gonna have for the crew battles, or is it just gonna be like 20 stocks per crew or something

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Ummm, well we got 6 people in our crew. But as far as stock, idk, i just remember from melee days that each player would have 4 stock (3 stock being brawl) and once that player loses all stock another player from the crew comes out and plays against the person with whatever stock was retained from the last match...

EDIT: Oscular, you got to host another tourney man... It was sooo close to my house, haha... Just make sure you put more tape on the door, haha...

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
lol that tape wasnt even me, the ppl who live in my townhouse like to go out a lot so they always leave the gates open or put sticks/tape on the gates cuz theyre lazy like me

Edit: And I'll probably have at least 1 more tourny some time in the summer, hopefully I can do more, but my friend is the one whos renting it so I don't want his parents to get annoyed from having to keep asking, so ill see. and for some reason i only made $20, so i might have to have a bit more tournies to get that food goin, ill have drinks this time though

Race

Smash Lord
one thing kevin . . . .. WE NEED A CREW

So guess we gotta start one huh? Let's do it. . .lolz

Charoo

Smash Champion
yay tourney

so far away =(

also i hope oscular/kevin host another tourney

crew battle sounds fun

cypress/norwalk/cerritos/long beach crew?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
lol that tape wasnt even me, the ppl who live in my townhouse like to go out a lot so they always leave the gates open or put sticks/tape on the gates cuz theyre lazy like me

Edit: And I'll probably have at least 1 more tourny some time in the summer, hopefully I can do more, but my friend is the one whos renting it so I don't want his parents to get annoyed from having to keep asking, so ill see. and for some reason i only made $20, so i might have to have a bit more tournies to get that food goin, ill have drinks this time though
LOL, yea i felt like like a trapped gorilla in a cage, lol, i couldn't get out of that place, haha... But yea hopefully you do have another tourney, it went really smoothly. Cant wait for this tourney though, now that i can actually stay for singles... The first time i played singles was in your tourney Oscular :) it was too fun.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Anyone want to challenge our crew? If your crew wins ill buy each of the team members a double cheesy beef burrito from taco bell. :)

Top Bottom