• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

race to the finish!

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
anyone actually miss race to the finish? I thought it wasnt that good of an idea. I never got to the end in melee. I htink it should be a stadium option u can choose or something. it could've stayed in brawl if they had a race to the finish stage for each character. What does everyone else think?

Slike373

Smash Rookie
Ah, Race to the Finish brings back memories, wether it be my miraculous 0.something second left victory with jiggs by hitting a spike area that sent me straight into the door.

Or the many times I did it with Fox.

The point here is, Brawl was made as a must buy game. Making a race to the finish, and programming it all would take time they could be using to make something else. No one is going to NOT buy the game because it doesn't have original target tests, or a race to the finish, because Brawl is a must buy game already. Nintendo only cares about money nowadays instead of their fans, so as long as people will buy the game, they don't care.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Race to the finish was way better then Coin Launcher, or whatever it was replaced with. I liked how the Target Tests were character specific, unlike the new dumb ones IMO.

Now that I think about it, they did a really bad job on all the one-player extra modes...

Denzi

Smash Master
Race to the finish was way better then Coin Launcher, or whatever it was replaced with. I liked how the Target Tests were character specific, unlike the new dumb ones IMO.

Now that I think about it, they did a really bad job on all the one-player extra modes...
QFT.10stupidtargettests

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Each character in melee had a certain amount of time to finish Race To The Finish depending on their running speed, with C.Falcon having the least time ofc. Funny how Nintendo put such care into their games before they started making millions out of half-hearted Wii WANT YOUR MONEY *cough* we mean "Fit".
It was definitely a shame they removed such a classic game mode, but then I said the same when they removed board the platforms from Melee. I'll get used to it...one day.

Nintendork 64

Smash Rookie

Coin Launcher replaced the Lottery system from Melee, not Race to the Finish. Race to the Finish was replaced by more Break the Targets.....

They could have brought back to Board the Platforms, I mean they brought back the Bumper from the 64.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Coin Launcher replaced the Lottery system from Melee, not Race to the Finish. Race to the Finish was replaced by more Break the Targets.....

They could have brought back to Board the Platforms, I mean they brought back the Bumper from the 64.
Bringing back Board the Platforms AND Race to the Finish would be awesome

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Those videos got me to see how boring the announcer is now.

Look at the mario video and see how he says "A NEW RECORD!"

Original announcer ftw.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
It is a bit of a shame they didn't add Race to the Finish or Board the Platforms onto Brawl. They could have done the same with them as they did with the Home Run Contest and Multi-Man Brawl and added a online mode.
A missed oppurtunity, but when you see how much is in Brawl, it is forgiveable a little bit

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i wish board the platforms was in brawl i also love the announcer from SSB64 he sounded so cool, especially when he says "A NEW RECORD" i try and break my old records just to hear him say that, its epic

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet

Agreed.
Altho their bat contest is better.
But thats about it...

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
The Target Tests are really getting boring after a while and you have to finish them with all the characters!!!
I really miss Board the platforms and race to the finish.
But the coin launcher is quite good actually. Just don't give me the same trophies over and over!

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
Race to the Finish was cool because it broke the monotony of grinding through the 1P mode with each character just for completion sake. It made your horizontal movespeed matter which is something that usually doesn't matter, so you'd have some fun with say Yoshi or Jigglypuff's forward B when I usually never ever play them.

It would've been very nice with Sonic absolutely shredding that mode!

Ange

Smash Lord
Meh race to the finish was one of the first things I mentally compalined about that Brawl didnt have. ,_,
One of the reasons I played Adventure over and over was party cause I just loved to run like heck on that part, specially with Fox or Jiggs Rollout haha, epic win

But now that Brawl has more fast characters, it would have been even more epic to run there, but ahwell.. :/ Coin Launcher is atleast more fun than the Lottery, tho I hate when the objects/whatever appears JUST when a new trophy pops out. rghh

Ange

Smash Lord
Double post, but on a second though, if Race to the finish existed in Brawl, you could GLIDE thru it all.
Man that would be pure epicness, but MK would probably be even more broken then.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Board the platforms and Melee's target test had such individuality in each one. And the event modes were special, some of which you actually got to see new stages (trophy stages like Goomba and Entei). Race to the finish was just plain fun.
I hate the subspace emmisary and how it stole development time from every other 1p mode.

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
Ah, Race to the Finish brings back memories, wether it be my miraculous 0.something second left victory with jiggs by hitting a spike area that sent me straight into the door.

Or the many times I did it with Fox.

The point here is, Brawl was made as a must buy game. Making a race to the finish, and programming it all would take time they could be using to make something else. No one is going to NOT buy the game because it doesn't have original target tests, or a race to the finish, because Brawl is a must buy game already. Nintendo only cares about money nowadays instead of their fans, so as long as people will buy the game, they don't care.
so true but race to the finish was too easy (unless if u were bowser or ganandorf:laugh:)

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Race to the finish for me is forgotten but i never had an opion on it . A great game it was but maybe people voted it out?

Alzi

Smash Master
Race to the finish was fun but they had to atleast change it with somthing new in brawl. I never got to the end might do it when i can be bothered playing melee.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Race to the finish was fun but they had to atleast change it with somthing new in brawl. I never got to the end might do it when i can be bothered playing melee.
!!!
U make playing melee sound like a chore:psycho:

Race to the finish should be 'finishable' for every character
but the only way thts possible is to make a new one for each character.
Unfortunately that takes up too much space so it wouldnt be plausible
shame really

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Race to the Finish was only good in Melee. Never got to the end, and I didn't even know there was a end.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I always went for the first finish >_> took me a long time to figure you get more... somethings by going further.

Top Bottom