• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am underrated because people want to underrate me because I overrate myself.

Also because of random bad moments, like how Chu destroyed me.

Atomsk doesn't really have those moments anymore, so he has a slight consistency advantage over me.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no, it's mostly all the MMs atomsk ***** all the MD/VA players in. He ***** those guys. That's a large factor. He also seems harder to me, although that might also be partially because he doesn't use top tiers (or common top tiers). I still think he's better though, he just seems better. I don't really care about that though, it's just my opinion.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm open to the possibility that I'm just better in teams and beat him head to head most of the time despite him being much better in singles overall. I'm just hoping to prove otherwise.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
i forgot bum existed lol
Once Inui beats someone, they don't exist anymore, lol!! :laugh:

Yeah so I don't think there's a big gap between Atomsk and Inui. They are very close. Same goes with Spam, all 3 of them are decently close to each other but I still think it's Spam then Atomsk then Inui aka the usual.

I'd just hate to be Spam and have to deal with both Atomsk and Inui getting so much better and having to face them in tourney :dizzy: The pressure is immense!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Meh, atomsk would def apply alot of pressure with olimar but if Inui can figure out ways around it I'm sure spam could to. Spam plays a really good marth as well so he could also go Marth vs olimar or even Luigi. People will underrate our ability to judge, but Keitaro, you and I know Spam has tons of surprises up his sleeve that those two would have to be ready for as well.

If you think spam is losing 2 snake or meta think again. N I SERIOUSLY doubt he will lose to Olimar.

QUIVO

Smash Master
That big midwest event had no one good there though lol.

The only good people would include dook, az, you, me and forward

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Also Inui, you need to STOP leaving out vital information. I beleive 100% of the times you've beaten atomsk recently was post splitting agreement. I think you need to mention this, and ACCEPT this before you post about always beating how.

Edit-Quivo, I heard your toonlink was amazing, inui said it was the hardest he's ever fought. Thats pretty cool dude. But honestly rate the competition at that tourny from 1-10 please.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I need to stop splitting in general (although it probably won't happen). Ever since NL's bull**** about not trying after I beat him the losers bracket set made me want to never split with anyone again. I don't believe such BS. I always try. I don't always play good, and I don't always care enough to camp, however, I still try to win.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also Inui, you need to STOP leaving out vital information. I beleive 100% of the times you've beaten atomsk recently was post splitting agreement. I think you need to mention this, and ACCEPT this before you post about always beating how.

Edit-Quivo, I heard your toonlink was amazing, inui said it was the hardest he's ever fought. Thats pretty cool dude. But honestly rate the competition at that tourny from 1-10 please.
We did not split at the Blue Battle Circuit I faced him in losers finals in. He refused, and lost the set.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Fawking peesha shiet named Marth gave me the flu. I'm not gonna be there tomorrow. But Falco gave me some medication aka lasers that go PEW PEW! so I should be better by the end of the week. I'm kind of sick of reading stupid NJ drama everywhere. This is part of why this state is such a joke. So I'm changing the topic of this thread to this crew's name:

Melee
Over
Brawl

I agree completely.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
If people were realistic then debating skill and accomplishments would actually be fun. It's when people are STUPID that it becomes annoying. Inui rates things with his own fluctuating logic that I just can't keep track of. He will say that something doesnt matter until he does it, and then it means everything. Or soneone isnt good because of this, until it happens to him and then its ok. Its not fair that he isn't consistant with his statements. I argue with em just to find some type of constant that I can count on.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
njs always arguing about skills and rankings lol. you should just outsource it to other states since u guys cant agree lol

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If people were realistic then debating skill and accomplishments would actually be fun. It's when people are STUPID that it becomes annoying. Inui rates things with his own fluctuating logic that I just can't keep track of. He will say that something doesnt matter until he does it, and then it means everything. Or soneone isnt good because of this, until it happens to him and then its ok. Its not fair that he isn't consistant with his statements. I argue with em just to find some type of constant that I can count on.
Rykoshet said:
This is a lot of unnecessary inference and assumption on both ends, just play a money match or some crap and stop verbally dry humping eachother through your jeans.
^^^^ This.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
There are two main groups of people when it comes to arguing smash related things

1. People who make strong statements after spending very little time analyzing anything and argue that they are correct to the death. These usually are the people who base everything solely off of their personal experience in a matchup or against a person. Then when something comes up that obviously contradicts what they said they change their stance and act as if their previous stance didn't exist or care very little if they look stupid that it changed.

Example: "Brawl is a very boring, very luck based game" - Mew2King when Brawl came out
"I like Brawl more than Melee" - Mew2King after CH3
"After playing friendlies today, I changed my mind and think Melee is more fun than Brawl" - Mew2King at an Inui event

2. People who make arguments based purely off of logic. These tend to include people like Emblem Lord who base things largely off of theory and these people tend to spend a lot more time thinking about what they say instead of just saying whatever comes to their head at the time. Off topic: I actually based a lot of my Meta vs Snake game on stuff he said.

Example: "Snake tilts outrange Fox, he has much safer kill moves, and he racks up damage better. Therefore, he wins the matchup" - me paraphrasing EL's argument in the Snake vs Fox matchup thread

QUIVO

Smash Master
Honestly the skill gap between 5th and the rest of us were HUGE.

First 3 matches for me I might have lost one stock. I know Inui, forward, maybe dook, and AZ were 3 stocking people for like the first 4 rounds.

They were all guys that don't travel or really play it competitively.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I Still Need Attention!

Attention to Anyone Who Is Attending Tomorrow

It will be at Eazy's dorm this time due to the lack of good setups we will most likely encounter. My TV has no sound so I doubt it's tourney viable anymore sadly. I'll bring it if anyone cares to play melee though. Less than 8 entrants will result in a Round Robin. Time we can get there will be announced when I get in touch with Eazy. Tourney still starts at 8.

Also: No Johns.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Team MOB's Tourney Tomorrow

Remember, it will be $3.00 to enter the tourney. Friendlies are free of course but most of the TV's will be used for the tourney when it starts.

We are playing @ Eazy's dorm on College Ave Campus at Rutgers. Any questions please call either me or Yes.

Keitaro: 908-380-3506
Yes: Not posted cause he is afraid of sexual predators

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
yeah except, my opinions are highly educated and EL's opinions are very often wrong and too theory based
My convo with EL

EL, what do I do against Snake? Answer: Dtilt, it outranges his tilts. I KNOW if Marth's dtilt does, Meta's definetely does.

My convo with Mew2King

Dtilt is the only safe thing on Snake's shield. When I played [some Snake player, Cort IIRC] we both ftilted and it traded hits and then you get hit by a 3 hit combo for 21%.

:laugh:

whatever I say at least you know is my current actual opinion. I don't lie, I just say what I think at the time that I say it.
Jason, you say what you believe to be true, regardless of whether or not it is the actual truth. Therefore, you have lied, you just didn't do so on purpose. For example, until only recently you said Sheik was the best character in Melee. Now you say Fox is the real best character and that Sheik is the practical best character. Did either character change at all? Did the physics get redesigned? No, your opinion changed, not any of the facts about the game. So you saying Sheik was the actual best character in the game earlier was indeed a lie. You might have believed it, but that didn't make it true.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
everyone spam Yes! and Keitaros number!!!!! AND PLEASE can we start this on time... >_< ROund robins take forever! >_<

Sensei

Smash Lord
Everybody come to my first tournament in this new and awesome venue. Smashaggeddon will commence on January 31, 2009. It will feature Melee AND SSB64! Come support TSA's new venue and lets make a great first impression at the folks of Game Freaks. If things work out well, we can have a new permanent venue for Smash for monthlies or even biweeklies!

/bum-like advertising

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Honestly the skill gap between 5th and the rest of us were HUGE.

First 3 matches for me I might have lost one stock. I know Inui, forward, maybe dook, and AZ were 3 stocking people for like the first 4 rounds.

They were all guys that don't travel or really play it competitively.
Top 5 was very good and I had to beat two of you and I won the two games I played Forward in. I wouldn't call that tournament a joke because there were at least several very good players. The first couple rounds were very easy, but you and AlphaZealot felt as hard as MD/VA players.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
For all non-RU people coming today, there's the Louisville football game today, so traffic will suck balls tonight. Be aware. College Ave won't be as bad as Busch (where we usually have it), but it'll still most likely suck. A Lot. To drive.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
spam, if marth down tilts snake and it trades, snake gets pushed back, + decent damage. If MK does it, snake takes like what, 4 or 5 damage? then gets F tilted again. There's a reason I try to stay airborn and follow my hits in a combolike fashion vs snake instead of just waiting around camping. Camping him is too hard, while dair camping is too BORING.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
spam, if marth down tilts snake and it trades, snake gets pushed back, + decent damage. If MK does it, snake takes like what, 4 or 5 damage? then gets F tilted again. There's a reason I try to stay airborn and follow my hits in a combolike fashion vs snake instead of just waiting around camping. Camping him is too hard, while dair camping is too BORING.
It's 4% :(. If you're in range of the first hit of Snake's ftilt there's a very good chance that he'll trip from the dtilt if you trade hits with him. Granted, you take like 9% more or w/e but it's not awful. Fully spaced dtilt is safe on shield anyways so w/e though.

What do you mean you try to stay airborne and follow your hits in a combolike fashion? If you mean when's he above you, yeah that's easy as hell to do. But you also say dair camping is too boring so wtf are you doing in the air that is going to hit him off the ground and knock him above you?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
M2K what exactly about the condensed version of my thoughts on the Snake vs Fox match-up was wrong or too theory based?

I'm honestly curious.

Actually...you tend to say that alot with no real evidence. And spam is correct.

Your opinion changes alot. Hell mine does too. Which is why I don't state my opinion. Because then you end up putting your foot in your mouth or eating your words if your opinion turns out to be wrong.

Spam: Don't drop my name when you talk to M2K. You won't get anything for it. The only thing you are going to do is make Jason say something about me that will cause me to respond, which will start some bull****.

Just avoid the scenario and don't drop my name when you talk to him. k thnx.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
EL, I saw a ****ing random post of yours on the Gundam Wing: Endless Duel board on Gfaqs. You were asking for a tier list, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom