• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, couldn't help it. =D
Never gonna' give you up, never gonna' let you down...

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
lol rickrolling now is just stupid... I even know the exact link for rick roll in youtube...
Wow, you've been rickrolled THAT many times? I just wanted to lighten the mood.
Man, I'd love to be able to do any of those things Fatal did. I also lol'd at the intro.

etecoon

Smash Hero
66 people in AiB ladder and I only got one person to play, stupid site is stupid : p

anyone here want to play? probably asking too early snake's are just waking up now!

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I had my own Solid Snake moment a few weeks ago at JROTC Summer Camp.
I rappelled off a 60 foot tower.
Man, scariest thing I've ever done... o_0

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Pictochat break was too good. I lol'd pretty hard.

I really should learn who some of you are, since I'm posting here.
That was hilarious, and when he ran at the mine and used it to U-air the GnW at the end of the vid, that was sex XD.

Umm I am Haven, some random Pit main that is learning Snake too since i like to learn a lot of characters xD
tbh haven is the best pit
-_- oh well if every1's saying it guess I am :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
Haven's actually really good being serious. I'd be willing to be he's a top 3 pit and probably top ec player if he would go offline

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Haven's actually really good being serious. I'd be willing to be he's a top 3 pit and probably top ec player if he would go offline
Lol but you've only played me being serious once.. xD

a Top EC player.. definitely not but I'd be willing to bet Top Pit :p

If anyone want's to know the Pit/Snake matchup I'd be willing to help with that too if I am spamming this thread with pointless posts xD

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lol Nah I am not, I am a good Pit but not the best, maybe one of the best though :p, I need to go to more tournaments before I can say anything though xD
Good enough. I don't know anyone that plays pit well. I'd like to play you, if that's fine with you.

It's funny, because everyone says the same about my Lucas.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Good enough. I don't know anyone that plays pit well. I'd like to play you, if that's fine with you.

It's funny, because everyone says the same about my Lucas.
Haha not a lot of people play good Pit's from what I see =(, but then again not a lot of people play Pit.

It's fine, you can play me, I won't be able to play until Friday probably due to tests I have to take, but I am available, it will give me a good chance to get back into brawl as well.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Haha not a lot of people play good Pit's from what I see =(, but then again not a lot of people play Pit.

It's fine, you can play me, I won't be able to play until Friday probably due to tests I have to take, but I am available, it will give me a good chance to get back into brawl as well.
Cool with meeeee. I'm just trying to get better. Any good opponent will do. Almost nobody plays Lucas well. It's sad =(

Friday sounds nice.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
huh...?

oooooo hey! do you play online? I'm sure you're like one of the best Wario's. It would be nice matchup experience =)
I don't play online much, and when I do I usually do not use Wario since he is terrible online :(

If you go to Genesis, you can play me there.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Is this thread named after Velox?
(testing to see if the face thing works) :colorful:
(I did that without being a premium member)
Why is my font purple now?

Anyways... just wondering.. what is some important things to point out about Snake (as far as weakness's and strength's)?

etecoon

Smash Hero
Anyways... just wondering.. what is some important things to point out about Snake (as far as weakness's and strength's)?
strengths:

******** hitboxes outrange most characters

one of the heaviest characters in the game, can live a long time

amazing stage control tools(grenades, C4, mortar, mine, and snake himself!)

great grab game(pivot grab and boost grab have good range, dthrow is great, his other throws are good too just not so often used because dthrow is so good)

good recovery in terms of distance

grenades can stop what would otherwise be ******** combos on snake, and in general just make approaching snake dangerous

ridiculous damage output per attack and kills fairly early

weaknesses:

heavy weight, slow/not amazing aerials, mediocre aerial mobility, you can go melee on snake and combo and juggle him for a lot of damage sometimes, his options in the air can be very limited

recovery, while good distance wise, always sets him up in a bad situation, either to be potentially juggled or gimped, and he can be quite vulnerable upon landing so this can be used to score kill moves too. you have to DI really well and be very smart when recovering or being juggled as snake, he's like almost completely helpless in the air against some characters and all you can do is outguess the hell out of your opposition, one bad prediction in the air can be the difference between winning and losing

likewise he has bad ledge options so going for the ledge for the invincibility frames when recovering doesn't really help your situation

chain grabs(falco, DDD, ZSS, pikachu in particular)

not amazing at approaching, characters that have good defense and outcamp you can be troublesome(I think olimar is mainly the worst here, everyone else that outcamps snake you have some sort of ******** advantage on that can make up for any problems somewhat...). this can also make it difficult to play from behind if someone runs away a lot in certain cases

some bad stage/character combinations...

I don't think it's a character weakness so much but I find I have difficulty with people who approach from the air or air camp because I'm afraid to stale my utilt, nair can be a powerful deterrent to many characters but others beat it with their aerials or can DI out of it very quickly and punish you for hitting them(brawl is so ******** sometimes), or like MK and Marth can attack you directly out of it wtf, plus it can leave you vulnerable if you miss

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Scrubby? Wuzzat?!

Ah, actually I just mean Brawl in general... =/ Not just my beloved Ekans, but every aspect of Brawl.

EDIT: But seriously, what does scrubby mean?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Scrubby? Wuzzat?!

Ah, actually I just mean Brawl in general... =/ Not just my beloved Ekans, but every aspect of Brawl.

EDIT: But seriously, what does scrubby mean?
They suck lol. Padawans are just not good, until they become jedi knights or masters.

Oh! I can do that. I'm good with every character except Lucas and Sonic.

Lucas > good
Sonic <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< good :laugh:

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
=[
That hurt, Master... How could you say that of your own padawan?
Now... I need to visit Lucas boards more often so I can make my secondary even better.

Top Bottom