• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the other day, and I forgot what something was called.

It's a story about two guys who have lived in a cave their whole life, and they only see shadows, but when they are given the chance to leave, they choose to stay because it's what they're familiar with.

It's not Plato's cave though, since in that story he doesn't choose to go back.

Is this even real or did I get things mixed up?

If I up my attendance on here will you all start negotiating with me?

Also, who here is familiar with flash design or java language? I'd like to start learning more about them.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
yo snakes,

i'm starting to seriously plan to come to apex next jan. wanted to ask some advice for places i should go, or people i should meet, while im in the states. ill probably be looking at staying for around 2 weeks. maybe a little longer, depends how much money i can get together, or how much bigger my credit card gets lol

When stateside you'll want to visit the most ecomonomically important states first. Montana, Alaska, North/South Dakota, and Rhode Island.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Attila, do you still want to do that thread we were speaking of and see if we can rally support for you. School has been keeping me super busy but we can still do it and do a PayPal type deal. It's up to you. I will have this small window of free time next week to actually do stuff so we should act quick lol.

I was completely surprised when I saw this board hadn't been posted in in over 2 weeks. wtf. Is there really nothing worth discussing anymore or has the Jaffar community simply shriveled up.

Anyway, I am not too sure about that Lincoln movie. If it was suppose to be a true historical film, then I would say it was pretty impressive. Otherwise, I probably should have gone to see something else.

etecoon

Smash Hero
there's really basically no snake community anymore lol, some of us wander in from time to time but yeah, it's pretty much dead

The hell? At least talk about something, anything. I don't give a ****. Actually, if you can figure out who is in my avatar pops to you. But I sort of hope you don't find out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was completely surprised when I saw this board hadn't been posted in in over 2 weeks. wtf. Is there really nothing worth discussing anymore or has the Jaffar community simply shriveled up.

Anyway, I am not too sure about that Lincoln movie. If it was suppose to be a true historical film, then I would say it was pretty impressive. Otherwise, I probably should have gone to see something else.
I lurk, if that makes you feel any better. :c

etecoon

Smash Hero
The hell? At least talk about something, anything. I don't give a ****.
DKC trilogy was removed from virtual console, if what I've heard is right it may be off the market permanently from this point forward, what a profoundly sad moment in gaming. ****y thing about this new technologically dependent medium where games become quickly outdated or can simply become unavailable because of licensing issues, it's kind of crazy when I think that kids these days won't get to play games like that

I lurk, if that makes you feel any better. :c
Lurking doesn't make the situation better. Besides, I could say you were paid to lurk for mod duties :smirk:
DKC trilogy was removed from virtual console, if what I've heard is right it may be off the market permanently from this point forward, what a profoundly sad moment in gaming. ****y thing about this new technologically dependent medium where games become quickly outdated or can simply become unavailable because of licensing issues, it's kind of crazy when I think that kids these days won't get to play games like that
I never did play Donkey Kong Country at all or even the newer remake (sort of) when it came up on the wii. I concur to a point. When you think about it, if you really want to play an older game, you'd rather play it on a single medium like a computer anyway. So with all the emulators its not all that bad to be behind. I wonder how they would mimic the wii though for motion stuff through dolphin or kinetic? Then again, I doubt anyone in 20 years will want to play a kinetic game lol

Snake boards is on skype now. We talk there much more often than we do here(granted we don't really talk too often). Get on skype and talk with me :(
This was my point exactly though. People don't talk on there often lol Bring up a webpage, do a shout out and you can talk here and normally get a reply.

Skype, killer of forums.

Its like bowser's eyes are dropping out of his sockets o.0
r.i.p forums
Snake boards is pretty dead anyways :( Skype is much more convenient :embarrass:
Simplest solution. Bring in your daily life. Sadly, my daily life consists of nothing except video game, eating, sleeping, and doing school work. Mostly school work 75% of the time now. But, I do get my melee practice in.Perhaps with the upcoming winter break I'll be a bit more proactive at stuff again. Besides, this place needs to stay active enough for Nappy's sake.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Lurking doesn't make the situation better. Besides, I could say you were paid to lurk for mod duties :smirk:
Well I tried to breath a little life into the forums ages ago when I thought updating the old frame data thread might be a good idea, but some people seemed vehemently against it, so w/e

IxxI

Smash Fence
Hey guys. I haven't been on this site on smashboards in a while. What's everyone been up to? I recognize new and old faces!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Could someone possibly link me to some good Snake videos. I'm moreso looking for the good old ones like Bizkit vs M2K, and Ally vs Trela kind of videos. I don't really mind if they're recent or not. :D

Also hey Fence. ^_^

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we mostly use skype now. My personal life is a bit private for the boards in my opinion, but I'll respond to anyone else talking. I like to answer questions and help other snakes out.

edit: It's not like the snake skype is an exclusive club or anything either, if you want to join someone will probably let you in as long as you're known to use the character.

edit2: Ralph has a very good idea about stickying the snake skype.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Hey everyone! I'm glad you're all still here. What's been going on? I know I've been gone for a year or two.

Top Bottom