• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wario is even or in our favor. Cuz snake camps wario sooooo hard. And when i can easily get 60% off one tech chase and land a sweet spot bair and kill at 100-110...yum. I lean towards even cuz once snake is offstage its a free waft. Literally.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
if wario manages to get the % lead... how do you get it back?

he should not get hit by grenades ever. ever.
You trap him and follow his landing. He can land with airdodge, dair, or bite. You link explosions and make sure to constantly have c4s. However you set a c4 in one place and then force him into that area to further limit his options.You get use to it after a while. Florida is like the land of the warios now with all our players using or switching to him. We have like 10+ haha. And some of em even try to time out constantly in friendlies as well. Our ability to tech chase+grab range+grab release option(sweet spot bair kills super early). your best bet is FD. Second best bet is probably PS1. Bf being neutral. Sv better for him. YI being weird. Not bad. Just weird. CS i'd have to say better for him so far if he plays gayest as possible. We're actually really adept at punishing his landings. And we get rewarded for it immensely.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i dont see how you can 'trap' wario anywhere. he crosses an entire stage in a double jump. and can change direction at any time.

and im pretty sure bf is our worst stage against him. he can jump across those platforms all day.

videos please.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I think Wario vs Snake is slightly in Wario's favor. He just ignores everything that makes Snake a strong character except when its time to close in on Snake. That's the only time he puts himself at real risk because of the heavy range advantage Snake has. The problem here is what happens when Wario gets a sizable lead on you and they refuse to approach at all. The **** is gay. AND they get REWARDED for it by getting a Waft. You can't really use Landmines to deter anything because they'll just tripped by the bike. C4 can help herd them but they still have a lot of options. Grenades ARE useful for influencing their aerial movement but thats it. If they are hovering around you, I lob them (soft throw) and chase them. If they are just staying away at all costs, Grenades can very slowly bring the match back, if you can guess where they are going. Every Wario has a pattern with their jumps and airdodges. You just have to punish them super hard when they do close in. Pivot Grabs outrange a lot of their approaches and you want to tech chase him. His roll animation is terrible and his get attack is slow also. He's very easy to tech chase. You just have to make each punish REALLY worth it. Similar to the Falco MU in a sense.

I generally avoid BF because they're better on it imo. FD and Lylat make decent starter choices. I dont really like Smashville because they're just camp that moving platform all day. <_< Yoshi's isnt bad here if you're comfortable with the stage. I would consider going here.

Also...fate keeps forcing me to use Snake. I used him against Ice Climbers this weekend and won. There are still just like 4 or 5 MUs, I know really well with him that I'll use him for lol. I also usually use him for Diddy, but my ICs finally got decent at the MU. I dunno, maybe I'll find more use for Snake in some other areas. People keep banning Halberd vs me though. Oh well but I'm pleased my Snake can still do some damage. It makes me like playing him.

lol That's the going issue these days in match-ups I keep hearing about. Get the percentage lead or you can be timed out and thus have a poor match-up. Yet that still doesn't happen all the time.

Isn't Brinstar the stage to ban against Wario still?

Snake Syndrome I imagine, everyone always goes back to snake ;p

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I only lose to MK now and thats pretty much what happens. Except D3 vs MK is REALLY bad to begin with. I could never drop D3 he's by far my favorite lol.

:phone:

etecoon

Smash Hero
definitely ban brinstar unless you have a good MK

in which case you might as well just use MK

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I lost in winners to TeeVee. I absolutely have no experience on the ROB match up. -_- any suggestions?

And I lost in losers to Jbandrew (my crew mate). Game 3, last stock last hit. d3 is so stupid. I hate him.

Can you guys please give me insight on d3 and ROB? I know I have to camp ddd, but ddd always forces Snake back to camping at the edge of the stage from what I've seen and eventually the options are limited. How do I regain the control?

Even though it puts you at risk, you sometimes have to push forward with an attack.

If MK ever does get universally banned, etecoon will be back I bet playing Snake full time no less.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I had a ton of DDD experience, ALWAYS camp him. He should not be able to easily approach you, a smart dacus can get him if his shield is low from blocking the explosives. If you are backed up, cyphering can be a good option, esp. on stages with platforms. you can even pull/breverse a nade and have it cover you on landing. DDD can't really juggle snake that well if you know what you are doing. You can edge guard DDD pretty well with nikita and other explosives. You can do some shield pressure with nair and dair, keep a nade near you for insurance though.

Against ROB, don't try to punish his spotdodge, its too good, either get away or punish his next option. powershield his laser and gyro, they have a pretty long startup lag. Fighting against a ledge camping rob can be hard, but you can put nades and c4 near the ledge to try to get him. Landing against him shouldnt be too hard if you utilize your breverse and fast fall, you can airdodge his nair and bair on reaction. Nair should work pretty well against him, since he is tall, and pretty floaty in the air.

Also, sup.

edit: I read the title as Come witness Shmot get laid, only $.50 USD lmao

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i dont see how you can 'trap' wario anywhere. he crosses an entire stage in a double jump. and can change direction at any time.

and im pretty sure bf is our worst stage against him. he can jump across those platforms all day.

videos please.
If you honestly think that your doing it wrong. Kk i'll make it my goal to get vids for once. I never record vs wario cuz ik it. Bf is neutral. Sv hurts us more with the moving platform. Ya we can get a c4 on it but it ruins our best GR option.
I think Wario vs Snake is slightly in Wario's favor. He just ignores everything that makes Snake a strong character except when its time to close in on Snake. That's the only time he puts himself at real risk because of the heavy range advantage Snake has. The problem here is what happens when Wario gets a sizable lead on you and they refuse to approach at all. The **** is gay. AND they get REWARDED for it by getting a Waft. You can't really use Landmines to deter anything because they'll just tripped by the bike. C4 can help herd them but they still have a lot of options. Grenades ARE useful for influencing their aerial movement but thats it. If they are hovering around you, I lob them (soft throw) and chase them. If they are just staying away at all costs, Grenades can very slowly bring the match back, if you can guess where they are going. Every Wario has a pattern with their jumps and airdodges. You just have to punish them super hard when they do close in. Pivot Grabs outrange a lot of their approaches and you want to tech chase him. His roll animation is terrible and his get attack is slow also. He's very easy to tech chase. You just have to make each punish REALLY worth it. Similar to the Falco MU in a sense.

I generally avoid BF because they're better on it imo. FD and Lylat make decent starter choices. I dont really like Smashville because they're just camp that moving platform all day. <_< Yoshi's isnt bad here if you're comfortable with the stage. I would consider going here.

Also...fate keeps forcing me to use Snake. I used him against Ice Climbers this weekend and won. There are still just like 4 or 5 MUs, I know really well with him that I'll use him for lol. I also usually use him for Diddy, but my ICs finally got decent at the MU. I dunno, maybe I'll find more use for Snake in some other areas. People keep banning Halberd vs me though. Oh well but I'm pleased my Snake can still do some damage. It makes me like playing him.
I agree tbh. I actually forgot about lylat :laugh: Lylat is pretty good vs wario. It prolly goes fd>lylat>Yi>PS1>bf>CS>SV.

As much as you'd think that it's not hard to get bk the lead. That and the problem is wario SHOULD be having trouble getting that large a lead in the first place. This matchup doesn't involve much ftilt. Grenades, mortars, uptilt, and the OCCASIONAL nair(don't just throw it out though). He can NOT safely get in guaranteed. THIS is what you take advantage of. Tech chase and grab release also hurt a bunch.
lol That's the going issue these days in match-ups I keep hearing about. Get the percentage lead or you can be timed out and thus have a poor match-up. Yet that still doesn't happen all the time.

Isn't Brinstar the stage to ban against Wario still?

Snake Syndrome I imagine, everyone always goes back to snake ;p
:/
I only lose to MK now and thats pretty much what happens. Except D3 vs MK is REALLY bad to begin with. I could never drop D3 he's by far my favorite lol.

:( poor tc.
definitely ban brinstar unless you have a good MK

in which case you might as well just use MK
YES! Ban brinstar vs wario. Guaranteed. We actually have a chance on rainbow. Albeit it's still rough if played gay.
I lost in winners to TeeVee. I absolutely have no experience on the ROB match up. -_- any suggestions?

And I lost in losers to Jbandrew (my crew mate). Game 3, last stock last hit. d3 is so stupid. I hate him.

Can you guys please give me insight on d3 and ROB? I know I have to camp ddd, but ddd always forces Snake back to camping at the edge of the stage from what I've seen and eventually the options are limited. How do I regain the control?
D3 is pretty annoying. I suggest try escaping with cypher every now and then. Grab is good if you read their dash shield approaches correctly. You can uptilt if they try to bair wall mindlessly. A great thing to do is both soft lob and regular lob grenades. And then dash attack(not mortar slide) and pick up the nade and mix that in with dash grabs. It's so simple but works so well when u get in the flow of it. Also DON'T mess up your edgeguarding. Snake can edgeguard ddd really really well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
If MK ever does get universally banned, etecoon will be back I bet playing Snake full time no less.
I will go to one or two more tournaments in the next month actually

when the GoW3 edition 360 comes out next month I'm trading my wii in for that and I'll be done with brawl forever

I wouldn't use snake if MK were banned because MK ***** and holds down snakes actual bad MU's. MK is just a disadvantage, not nearly as frustrating as what some other characters put him through

what does he do that is troublesome? I never had much of a problem with this MU but idk about teevee's ROB, he always uses MK/diddy on me. I don't think camping is that productive because his lasers can blow up your grenades in your hands but you have a big weight/power advantage so just getting a lot of good reads should be enough

ErikG

Smash Ace

Unfortunately TeeVee has tons of Snake experience. I find tech chasing Rob to be somewhat easy. Also, pressuring Rob up close seems to work well for me, but I haven't played a decent Rob is forever.

Why the :/ Kuro?

I'm not sure if they are releasing Dark Knight as a follow-up to the first plot because they intended to do that, or only to rack in more money.

Gears of War 3 sounds like another attempt at money too, but I have never played them all the way through yet.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah rob is booty against snake's dthrow, his rolls go no where and he's one of the characters that REALLY can't just lie down and stall you, you can hit him with damn near anything if he just lies there

haven't played any of the GoW games not having an xbox yet but I figure it's $100 over the 250gb 360 for 90 more gigs, a game that would be $60 anyway, and a nice skin(my wii is also blood red...), so it's a good deal

-Ran

Smash Master
I find that against Rob, you can be the aggressor and usually come out on top on any trade. He shouldn't be killing you till 160+. Anytime they down-smash you should get a free punish with proper SDI. I just act like I'm the Juggernaut in this match up. Power shield every projectile, utilize your vertical grenade game for long term space denial, and walk forwards like a menacing behemoth. If your shield is getting weak from failing to power shield, make sure you take the time to regenerate it with spot/air dodges prior to attempting to move forwards. Obviously, the smaller your shield becomes, the harder it is to power shield.

Rob has a good bit of gimmicks, so avoid stages with angles. They can make the Gyro rather annoying to deal with. Don't forget that when Rob Up B's he removes every option he has aside from an aerial, but after an aerial he can return to doing his other moves.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
How does having a smaller shield make it harder to PS?

I thought it was the same, and there was always that big PS part, even with tiny shield

Does anyone find stealing the gyro really all that useful? Normally having it out of the way seems best rather than throwing it around. You can shield it while it spins on the ground when it has an active hit box still and it will disappear, so no bother waiting for it to stop spinning. Shield and it's gone quickly.

Also, what SDI are you talking about? At mid-higher percents I thought SDI up out of Dsmash put Snake into a state where he had to tech the ground in which case rob isn't punished, but rather has the advantage again.

That sort of explains why it always seemed a bit weird that I could never powershield on a low shield.

etecoon

Smash Hero
stealing the gyro = rob has one projectile = rob camping is pointless

but a lot of times you can get punished for stealing it so it's often not worth it

2nd sentence.
Reason why I mentioned it lol

Snake sucks with held items. Even nades are better when in pulled rather than picked up. Holding items gives Snake no ground options because he throws so high.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't think it's bad when you're actually holding it, just the act of actually picking it up generally puts you at risk pretty often

Attila_

BRoomer
I have never played against a rob in tourney, so i can't comment. Although I'd assume we outcamp him.

Throwing the gyro up while camping sounds good; stop it from disappearing so he can't use another one.

D3... Biggest thing is not to use tilts. It's often tempting, cause he looks punishable (particularly after spotdodging) but unless you're perfect, you're going to get punished.

Instead, punish with pivot grabs, otherwise run back and start you camping again.

Don't try to kill him unless he's offstage or above you; too easy to stuff up otherwise.

Try to vary you're responses for being dthrown offstage. Get predicted and it's gonna hurt.

Mu in a nutshell.

I don't think it's bad when you're actually holding it, just the act of actually picking it up generally puts you at risk pretty often
Oh, I sort of was thinking about Snake holding items in general. Snake can get the chance to hold peanuts, bananas, grenades, tires, gyro, bombs, suit pieces, and turnips (occasionally bom-omb, beam sword, or Mr. Saturn).

In some match-ups, Snake will just throw nades over the characters head every time. Some moves like landing aerials put characters so low that Snake will throw them over the character anyway. His glide toss is bad and nades are not the greatest out of shield option he has. Holding a nade significantly weakens Snake as he doesn't even have any aerial options like the Link's have holding a bomb.

-Link/TL have the options of holding items and using aerials effectively or specials.
-Diddy has options to his peanut launcher or side B which can catch people shielding.
-Peach can use aerials without difficulty by abusing her float.
-ZSS has extra reach with her sideB and a decent glide toss.
-Rob has the same thing with a good glide toss and a laser to use.
-Wario gets decent aerial mobility to safely maneuver himself around the stage (with usage of airdodge) and can even get through shields with his bite.

Snake has no good options period while holding any item. The best one he has is throwing stuff, and that's not even that scary once you realize you can just shield it.
tl;dr All I am saying is that Snake is stronger without trying to hold onto items.

Attila_

BRoomer
Throw items up to limit their usage.

Good **** bizkit, fatal and mvd, repping snake like bosses.

False is gonna catch you soon :D

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I'm pretty sure we can't outcamp ROB. >_> ROB can just blow up grenades in our faces with lasers and gyros. If anything we're even in camping terms.

And yes, I'm constantly improving. I just lack MU inexperience. I can **** MKs and Marths now. :D It's just those obscure match ups that get the better of me (ZSS, ROB)

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
False, TeeVee ***** you cuz he plays Fatal and me ALL THE TIME. Not always with ROB, but he used to go full ROB on us. So he just had a ridiculous amount of MU experience. The trick tho is to just stay in his face. ROB blows up close vs Snake IMO, especially if you read the spot dodge or roll, so unelss he's grabbing your approaches, you should be winning the up close battles. Of course, Dthrow destroys ROB too. And it's easy to avoid ROBs aerial chases against Snake.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
yea snake ****s on rob so badlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, i only went rob on you false because i figured you had no rob experience...luckily i was right lol

-Ran

Smash Master
How does having a smaller shield make it harder to PS?

I thought it was the same, and there was always that big PS part, even with tiny shield
That sort of explains why it always seemed a bit weird that I could never powershield on a low shield.
The silver shield is based off a percentage of the total health of your shield. The smaller it is, the harder it is to power shield due to the less area it will cover. ;d

In what situations is that true? I know for a fact (having done it myself), that you can wait for a bom-omb to bounce off your shield in sudden death, then proceed to jump -> airdodge to catch it. So there must be other factors. Probably cannot catch thrown bom-ombs.

Also, doing hacks is always very annoying. It has taken me the whole day pretty much to figure out how to use riivolution, the limitations of Gecko OS for file replacement, and a few other things. I still don't see how I can get more than one version of a brawl mod on my SD card with riivolution. It cannot seem to pick only the files I want for one mod over the other.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've never caught any bom-omb in Brawl, I don't know about sudden-death bombs, but thrown bombs definitely can not be caught.

Top Bottom