• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

@Razer: The less you post, the less chances for people to notice you lol
I think I have about over 7000 posts and probably have been ignored most of the time.
Perhaps you simply are indisputable too. People cannot argue with your persuasive speech skills.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
If you run up and you expect them to shield... Why not grab?

This is amazing if you teach them for most of the match a dash attack habit that you don't really have... Allows you to get a grab at a clutch moment.

:phone:

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a DK, and I had this sudden brainwave as soon as the game began. He started charging his Africa paunch, so I ran over. (no nades, dacus, nothing. Just RAN.) I ran up to his face (by which point he was about 2/3rds done charging) short hopped, C4 dropped (he put up his shield waiting for the dash attack, saw that I jumped right in his face, and attempted to grab oos) I used my 2nd jump, detonated the c4 and it hit because he was in his grab animation. I footstool him at 17%, he fails to tech, and I fastfall down, jab lock him to the other side of the stage (where I started) and fsmash him to 50 percentish I believe.
(It didn't kill, he braked his momentum)

I mean, can't this technically be considered a cross up? It's a way to invoke shield because Snake running usually means shield/dash attack and if you just jump right in front of their faces it might make them put down their shield in order to punish, in which case you detonate the C4.
What about aerials OoS? You can't tech a footstool either

What about pulling a grenade and SH into an opponents while holding shield? As an approach?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
In most cases, if you are that close to your opponent they're going to expect a Forward Tilt. Its a habit that a lot of Snakes have anyway. So you can use that right there to your advantage. We have tons of options at F-Tilt range actually.

I'm interested in seeing if crouch will evade grabs. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it, but there are quite a few characters who's aerials put them very low to the ground during the landing lag. It's rather annoying at times to shield some of those laggy moves (falco Fair, Pika Bair) only for Snake to miss the grab on them because he stands too high, and their hurtbox so low to the ground.

I forgot, Snake still sits too high to avoid practically all grabs. Still, lol zzs cannot grab snake's dtilt at all with a grab. :p

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I just watched razer's games in lone star's tournament thingy and holy crap. I need to learn to wavebounce the c4 and fast fall. it looks like such an amazing tool. I love his recovery methods, and his jab mix up games.

lucario's dair oos, we can jab>utilt??!?! wtf!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I just watched razer's games in lone star's tournament thingy and holy crap. I need to learn to wavebounce the c4 and fast fall. it looks like such an amazing tool. I love his recovery methods, and his jab mix up games.

lucario's dair oos, we can jab>utilt??!?! wtf!
Thank you good sir :). I used to be like you back in the day...lots of flash, but then they camped me >:[. I still have remnants of my old style in me though. I love wave bouncing :)

:phone:

-Ran

Smash Master
I really need to hook up my gaming PC so I can start to record some more stuff for the 'Did you know' thread. I don't like posting plain ol' descriptions anymore.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Hey everyone I've been lurking here for a while! I consider the biggest tragedy the day that SuSa died after all his contributions to Dthrow and random-nade-stuff
I'm a Snake main that uses Falco to deal with his problems including certain MK's.

I approve of pretty much all posts by Tech Chase, Ran, and Etecoon. I am also hopeful that Xeylode will be a great Snake main someday, as will schmot!

I'm in the Santa Barbara, CA area.

Edit: Why do Snake dittos get like no hype this summer? :[ we truly are the underdogs.

Etecoon you sound like your opinion is that Snake mains have no chance without secondaries. Not sure about Tech and Ran in agreeing with that, but it'd be cool to hear whether you two do or not as well.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'm sorry if this has been said 40x by now then, but don't your competitors fight more irl snakes than brawl snakes though? >:D

But don't worry I'm well aware you're a great player as well :]. I have lurked some of your informative posts.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Etecoon you sound like your opinion is that Snake mains have no chance without secondaries. Not sure about Tech and Ran in agreeing with that, but it'd be cool to hear whether you two do or not as well.
not at all, pretty much every tournament in my region is won by a solo snake main after all

I just still feel like MK and diddy are a lot better, and I think that characters like MK, diddy, falco and marth can win a lot of their MU's just by playing against the other character where snake has to out-think even bad characters much more than them

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I think that characters like MK, diddy, falco and marth can win a lot of their MU's just by playing against the other character where snake has to out-think even bad characters much more than them
Autopiloting Marth in tournament probably works less well than autopiloting Snake in my opinion. I watched False's flashy snake yesterday and I think that's how UltimateRazer used to probably autopilot through a lot of tournament to save mental energy and maybe even still does: Running away from the opponent and giving a lot of problem explosions the whole time so long as the opponent isn't determined to gain stage control methodically.

But Diddy, Falco, and MK def can do well easier imo as well

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Autopiloting Marth in tournament probably works less well than autopiloting Snake in my opinion. I watched False's flashy snake yesterday and I think that's how UltimateRazer used to probably autopilot through a lot of tournament to save mental energy and maybe even still does: Running away from the opponent and giving a lot of problem explosions the whole time so long as the opponent isn't determined to gain stage control methodically.
you have much to learn. Razer's playstyle is in no way similar to mine. he has a very clear cut way of putting his opponents in check and doesn't take stupid risks like me (a problem of mine I have gotten rid of, I'll upload vids later). the only trait I guess you could say we share is that Razer and I prefer to be aggro.

Razer doesn't autopilot through his tournament games, at least not anymore. >_>

not at all, pretty much every tournament in my region is won by a solo snake main after all

I just still feel like MK and diddy are a lot better, and I think that characters like MK, diddy, falco and marth can win a lot of their MU's just by playing against the other character where snake has to out-think even bad characters much more than them
Well maybe tournaments in your region, lol...

Shall we test how a solo snake does here in NJ? LOL

etecoon

Smash Hero
maybe but NJ is a more competitive region and it's pretty much meta knight and diddy kong that are outshining snake there, it's entirely in line with what I said. snake is still very good, he's just no MK or diddy

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm sorry if this has been said 40x by now then, but don't your competitors fight more irl snakes than brawl snakes though? >:D

But don't worry I'm well aware you're a great player as well :]. I have lurked some of your informative posts.
if you've really been a lurker you'd have seen my many beautiful posts over the years and why i'm the discussion leader of this board

-Ran is a super n00b

Top Bottom