• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
you have much to learn. Razer's playstyle is in no way similar to mine. he has a very clear cut way of putting his opponents in check and doesn't take stupid risks like me
I was referring to back when UltimateRazer was bad, he wouldn't control space nearly as well and would rather do random explosive technical skills. I realize that he doesn't do that now, but it's funny to think that he probably could autopilot through various levels of play just with technical, unpredictable play alone nowadays.

In regards to your "stupid risks" I just don't understand, in the last video of you I saw, why you give away the stage by running away and DACUSing so much. When you have no stage you have Air-Snake which is a very low tier character.

if you've really been a lurker you'd have seen my many beautiful posts over the years and why i'm the discussion leader of this board

-Ran is a super n00b
If Ran is a super noob, I am sad. Through the years he and Technical Chase went from yellow name to [different color] names as I lurked and secretly agreed with their mindsets. You may be the discussion leader but I seldom see you talking more than a few words every ten pages or so.

Also, did SuSa forever quit brawl for a reason someone is familiar to?

In any case, I respect you all and hope to contribute to discussions in the future :]

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I was referring to back when UltimateRazer was bad, he wouldn't control space nearly as well and would rather do random explosive technical skills. I realize that he doesn't do that now, but it's funny to think that he probably could autopilot through various levels of play just with technical, unpredictable play alone nowadays.

In regards to your "stupid risks" I just don't understand, in the last video of you I saw, why you give away the stage by running away and DACUSing so much. When you have no stage you have Air-Snake which is a very low tier character.

If Ran is a super noob, I am sad. Through the years he and Technical Chase went from yellow name to [different color] names as I lurked and secretly agreed with their mindsets. You may be the discussion leader but I seldom see you talking more than a few words every ten pages or so.

Also, did SuSa forever quit brawl for a reason someone is familiar to?

In any case, I respect you all and hope to contribute to discussions in the future :]
I'm actually a very serious player now. I'll upload my sets against Keitaro/other crew mates hopefully sometime later. I'm not as stupid anymore, haha

Also, I think Snake boards should help clarify which match ups grenades take priority over tilts. >_> Like for Marth you wouldn't be able to survive against grenades, but against Sonic/Wolf imo you're better off not trying to camp them.

You mean more like which match-ups should you be spending more time trying to camp and let people approach you, or bother about trying to get in yourself?

No idea myself. Honestly, with so many different play-style's there never seems like a set in stone method of how to approach a match-up. Some people will approach if you wait long enough no matter how much camping they have. There is stages to consider and other small things. I think it's probably more important having a solution to trick or tool to a situation rather than an overview to a match-up. Like the ultimate goal would be to walk into a match-up knowing that if my opponent plays like this, I have an answer to what they will do. All I have to do is pay attention to them and implement the correct antidote.

If you never get any good sounding advice from anyone here, I say just try things yourself. Say VS wolf, you started camping and it was ruining you, make a gear shift mid-match and take a different approach to dealing with him. Always try out different stuff until you find something that works. When you stop to think about it, you never really see people like m2k, mango, ally, armada, adhd, etc. stopping to ask others how to get stuff done. There seems to be a limit where asking for help isn't enough and you really have to venture forth on your own doing things and experimenting. Seeing an occasional match from Ally over the past couple years, I swear he was trying different stuff out every few months. Doing new things and building up experience in what worked or what didn't.

Also, I cracked up at the start of this match: http://www.youtube.com/user/MevseC#p/u/0/3IJ5yOHA4vs
Pikachu holding that 10% lead not approaching, then gets hits by isai and death.

-Ran

Smash Master
Nappy is trolling.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
matches were you should use nades instead of tilts?

all of 'em.

pretty much anyway.

i don't camp low tiers, namely cause you don't need to, but i'll camp everyone else. at the very least, characters like falco and wolf will be approached with a camping focus; i won't approach without a nade in their zone.

i think need to work out different camping strategies though, cause it's different in different matches. against wolf, for instance, i strip a nade behind him before i approach; completely halts his retreating bait defence, and forces him to move forward or shield. against oli, throwing nades over his pikmin works a treat. little things like that make a big difference.

the better i get at playing 'safe', the more i realise that we actually outcamp everyone. even oli. and falco. and pit.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you most definitely can camp wolf

I don't think snake outcamps everyone at all though, a lot of characters don't have such a difficult time avoiding grenades

I prefer space camping rather than projectile camping. Grenades are simply a tool to help control that spacing and funnel people closer towards you.

Mike2

Smash Ace
omg is there a batman texture for snake?? =0

if not, who makes really good textures? i will PAY that person for a batman texture that looks like his suit from batman begins or the dark knight.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Oh, even better, there is a batman texture out. Check out brawl vault under snake and newly added. First page.
Or see if this link works.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#Page=1&Order=Number DESC&Type=Character%Snake%
I JUST saw that. Well, it is Batman. But it isn't exactly an amazing texture(no offense if the person who made it is reading this). I think I'm going to PM Aafyre to see if he's interested in making a Dark Knight texture. He's the person who responsible for the awesome textures like the Boba Fett one among others.

I made my reply calvo over at the Falcon establishment.
I think this batman texture is actually pretty decent considering many of the other pieces of work in brawl vault at the moment.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I don't know but I just wanted to post these:

These are part of a 16 part comic. The dialogue is terrible but the art is awesome.

I am pretty sure people use the original N64 games where ever possible. Most everyone I speak too prefers to use the older version rather than trying to use the VC or some type of emulator on a computer.

But while it had depth to it, I still feel like its rather stale at a glance. Airdodges, spotdodges, an extra special attack (sideB), survival DI, addition of a c-stick, and only half lag canceling I think really adds to the fun of the game. Oh, and you can tech off of walls rather than getting combo'd off of them. Not even mentioning the obvious addition of more characters and more stages to play on.

12 characters on pretty much the same two stages all the time (hyrule and dreamland) gets awfully boring really quickly. Especially considering matches can often times get dragged into a camping fest with neither side approaching for a long time as seen in that vid. with isai from 1:10-1:55. The risk in approaching is high risk; high reward. If you get hit, you might be comboed to death. If you do hit in your approach, you might get a combo to death on someone.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention how much I love that ****ing c-stick set to smashes in melee and brawl. It's so weird trying to do anything aerial based in smash64 without having a c-stick. You do not have to have so much finesse with your hands that way. Retreating Fair or approaching Bair for examples. Fast Fall aerials are another thing.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You haven't heard? T-Pain plays Iago now since Gottfried was fired for making a japanese tsunami joke.

And Infern Angelis landed a cameo as a depressed middle-aged turban saleswoman who's son never calls her anymore.

Top Bottom