• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

awsomesauce

Smash Apprentice
YES I WANTED VIDEOS TO STUDY

Thanks Cal
What do you guys look for when you are studying a video? Do you look for habits that the players tend to use? Do you see what works or what doesn't? I want to know because I tend to not notice anything. Also do you only focus on one of the characters or do you try to pay attention to everything at once?

What do you guys look for when you are studying a video? Do you look for habits that the players tend to use? Do you see what works or what doesn't? I want to know because I tend to not notice anything. Also do you only focus on one of the characters or do you try to pay attention to everything at once?
I wonder the same thing. I typically watch and see what happens. Something might appear that is new to me, then I rewatch it to figure it out. Those sort of things are more common when you are first starting out. After that I think you need to pick something you want to watch for, then when it happens rewatch it. Like edgeguarding. If someone is edgeguarding really well, watch what they are doing to be that successive. Or maybe think of what gets someone punished.

awsomesauce

Smash Apprentice
When watching Snake videos I try to pay attention to where his nades are and what he is doing with them. I try to guess at what he is going to do when I am watching. Sometimes I get it right other times I am off. If something shocking, really strange or something I really did not expect to happen occurs I rewatch to try to find out what caused it. I think watching how players camp can sometimes give me ideas or ways to improve on my own camping.

Thank you for responding.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
YES I WANTED VIDEOS TO STUDY

Thanks Cal

Also I love black people, especially if they're funny. White people telling the same jokes just wouldn't feel the same...
I find this statement funny. But true. I also think white people have their own kind of humor though that's really funny to me.

White people do some crazy ****. :laugh:

fair is such an underated move... it is GREAT oos (probably snake's best oos option), has decent KO potential, and can be used to edgeguard people thanks to its 30 frames of super armor
You stopped being funny like...oh wait you were never funny :)

damn thanks underload and technical glad i get them responses when i post vids :bee:
I needed some more stuff to study too. I'll give some critique when I finish watching my friend's videos.

the only reason i even use fair is for a surprise KO move when people are chasing me in the air. I activate fair and move away from them so they hopefully space wrong and get hit by it. Decent option when mk is chasing you near the top and you are just coming out of the bubble and off screen. We need to stop all the air dodging in this MU. They just set up frame traps and then hit us when we could potentially hit them if they just start spamming the up airs. FFed down, back and forward airs usually surprise most. Maybe we should start being aggressive in the air as a mix up :laugh:

As for the whole race thing/funny thing... every single race has their own section where everyone of them is mother ****ing crazy

Savon

Smash Ace
White people are the funniest. They are HILARIOUS when they put their kids on those little leashes in public. I had to go to the zoo to do a research project on the animals, and I got totally distracted because the little white kids on leashes were more entertaining than the animals.

My new fav comedian. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_axfpqRX1w

napZzz

Smash Hero
^ Wifi scrub with no friends seeking attention?
Just ignore em Yume. Sometimes people say things so stupid that I cannot even take it as a joke. I just take it is as a waste of space.

The Snake boards are not the same without SuSa. I did not have a thing in common with him, but I miss his essay posts, anime girls, and colorful font.
pretty much.

especially @ yume

edit: except at the anime girls part <_<

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's disappointing, your username makes me read everything you say in an irish accent

actually

**** your claimed asianness, I'm going to continue reading your posts in an exaggerated irish accent

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I wish I has an Irish accent, but alas

If it makes you feel better, I'm only half asian

And I will continue to read yours in an evil laughing tone

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Match 3... So SEXY!

that's disappointing, your username makes me read everything you say in an irish accent

actually

**** your claimed asianness, I'm going to continue reading your posts in an exaggerated irish accent
I actually got the same idea when reading his username. I read it w/an irish accent too haha.

Savon

Smash Ace
I have decided that I am going to make a Snake combo video featuring all of the main people who post on the Snake boards. If you guys have any good fights of yourselves let me know.

FYI because of the kind of person I am, the music will indeed be rap.

Just saiyan.

ooooooooOooooooo000000000000OoooooooOOOOOooOoOo000000
way too good
Match one, first 2 minutes. The reason why I will never be great with Snake. I refuse to do this.
I have decided that I am going to make a Snake combo video featuring all of the main people who post on the Snake boards. If you guys have any good fights of yourselves let me know.

Just saiyan.
Would duelist action be any good?

Haha! Dueslists... a dead mini game.

napZzz

Smash Hero

Just saiyan.
I think like only 5% of all my **** replays include my snake...I can send you what little I have if you want

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Guys, drunk and high sledding down an icy slope with bumps at night is one of the most amazing experiences ever. I am so happy that today happened.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
thanks dark and napzz

@savon if u type me in youtube u wont struggle to find combos if u want to add me xD

ZTD | TECHnology

Haha thanks. I really wanted to get my favorite group of lurkers posting and active again. It seems to have worked to an extent. Plus I just want to help as much as I can.

ZTD | TECHnology

It was fate that brought me here ;)

SuSa has made so many contributions to the Snake boards though. I have a while to go before I catch up in those regards. But I'll still do what I can.

Top Bottom