• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
allow me to clarify on my previous post..

Diddy's entire game is based on his naners; lets face it.. without them he's as useless as a ripped condom. His game without nanas is mediocre at best (apart from a few gimmicks that can be dealt with), so gaining control of the stage and his bananas is vital and key to winning against him in any match up..

If you gain possession of Diddy's naners naturally he's going to strive to regain control of them. Most players I see adapt reckless offensive behaviors with their newfound possession of nanas, either wildly throwing it at Diddy or doing something else that's fairly obvious. Although this can produce results it's usually short lived, as the banana is near Diddy for pickins again.

Why not adapt a more defensive playstyle with the nanas? By no means should you be defensive with bananas Keep them behind you, throw them to the other side of the stage, protect them. Bait Diddy into rolling or going for the nanas and punish. Heck, even just holding onto the banana can pressure Diddy.

tl;dr: Use nanas as if they were your own. Just imagine that they were YOUR projectiles that you pulled from your butt. Gain control.

tl;dr tl;dr:

DIDDY KONG IS POPO.
NANA IS NANAS.

SEPARATE THEM. NOW.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Some characters are better off not trying to use the bananas at all to be honest. There isn't a single character in the game that can use bananas like Diddy. Playing keep-a-away is best for 80% of the cast.

And smart Diddys dont let you get control of nanas very often. Trufax.

napZzz

Smash Hero
mk can use bananas well if he knows what he's doing, but I think thats sort of it :S

he has the options of still using shuttle loop/nado while holding a banana and plus he has a large glide toss so its easy to abuse it and limit options

ZTD | TECHnology

I agree but Diddy with a Naner > anything else in this game with one MK is just one of the few characters who can do things with them other than a quick, marginally useful gimmick.

RATED

Smash Lord
do you seriously believe this, I need to know how intense my laughter should be at this
if you look at the Snake placings at a National lvl( Genesis and stuff like that) you understand I mean, let's look at top 8 placings of nationals

like Ally, Fatal. TOP 8 I think Takeover placed top 8 or something like that in Pound 4.

there's regions with good Snake "population" like NE. Where is Fatal, Biskit , mikeray , etc also idk why I am telling you this since you assist to tourneys there. Puerto Rico is Snake "dominated" too. Razer place pretty good or wins tourneys in Texas. But at a national lvl if we count top 8, that's what I meant.

napZzz

Smash Hero
allys the only snake who places where it matters, except fatal doing well at an mlg

look at what fatal/razer accomplish otherwise...nothing to make snake as good as you think he is

ZTD | TECHnology

There is a severe shortage of better than "good" snakes. And even less Snakes who can place in nationals. There are more Diddys now placing high large events and of course enough MKs to cover the planet. Snake's overall results has been slipping which of an indication of people actually learning the MU now. It is not how it used to be at all.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hopefully MI can make an appearance at this. We shall see. If I do then yes we should get some games in.

And ugh Falco vs Snake lol I hate that MU with a passion but its one of my best ones. The mechanics of it are just stupid.
Don't remind me.

Lucky *** son of a *****. I had you so many times :mad:

ZTD | TECHnology

You're on baby <3

By the way did you ever find a partner for doubles. DLA and I are gonna be tearing it up. We should team again soon for an event and use our power team :)

I agree but Diddy with a Naner > anything else in this game with one MK is just one of the few characters who can do things with them other than a quick, marginally useful gimmick.
Diddy can do everything.

How is Snake still in 2nd place in the tier list?

ZTD | TECHnology

lol that'd be disgusting.

@Berserker: People are seeing the light. If Snake is still 2nd by the time the next tier list comes out without a legit reason......then people are just stupid lol

RATED

Smash Lord
simple solution: Main MK. then you will say that he's not as good as we think for X or Y reason.

Edit: since I noticed that you were taking this too srsly prolly, I am actually not trolling but joking with all of you, since I don't care about tier placements. I just care about playing, improving and winning. Tier list are just like "farandula" stuff.

napZzz

Smash Hero
if it aint mk its done

he's always goign to be as good as I think, no matter how much I play mk.

I've been thinking... What would it be like if in the next smash bros. Snake could throw 3 grenades and he had a handgun....

Random possibilities!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I hate AZ's Brawl scene sometimes. We have such mediocre character diversity/there aren't too many people using Top and High Tiered Characters anyway.

We don't have a Diddy player, and I've only played the mu against people who don't main him in friendlies (people just dicking around) a small handful of times.

I'll gain experience in the MU unless I go OoS.

We don't have a Wario or IC's either, and I'd say we barely have a Marth or DDD (inactivity)

/complaining

I'm just sad I can't partake in a MU discussion since I know that I won't know what I'm talking about.

Why not mention that ones that you do play a lot in. I mean, even if they are rare match-ups or ones that should not really matter, the things is someone somewhere will be playing those matches and likely be getting beaten right now.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I also don't travel much as it is. in town, in state, or OoS. I would say the only MU's I feel very confident in are Peach and Zelda.

etecoon

Smash Hero
there's regions with good Snake "population" like NE. Where is Fatal, Biskit , mikeray , etc also idk why I am telling you this since you assist to tourneys there.
yes, I've played these people a lot, and fatal is probably the person I've lost most frequently to in tourney(maybe BC...). hasn't changed my mind, snake <<<< diddy

2 of the last 3 nationals were won by diddy players so I'm not really following your "snake does better in nationals" point

Diddy's entire game is based on his naners; lets face it.. without them he's as useless as a ripped condom. His game without nanas is mediocre at best (apart from a few gimmicks that can be dealt with), so gaining control of the stage and his bananas is vital and key to winning against him in any match up..

If you gain possession of Diddy's naners naturally he's going to strive to regain control of them. Most players I see adapt reckless offensive behaviors with their newfound possession of nanas, either wildly throwing it at Diddy or doing something else that's fairly obvious. Although this can produce results it's usually short lived, as the banana is near Diddy for pickins again.

Why not adapt a more defensive playstyle with the nanas? By no means should you be defensive with bananas Keep them behind you, throw them to the other side of the stage, protect them. Bait Diddy into rolling or going for the nanas and punish. Heck, even just holding onto the banana can pressure Diddy.

tl;dr: Use nanas as if they were your own. Just imagine that they were YOUR projectiles that you pulled from your butt. Gain control.

tl;dr tl;dr:

DIDDY KONG IS POPO.
NANA IS NANAS.

SEPARATE THEM. NOW.
this all assumes that you get possession of the bananas, and that the diddy player is an idiot. to be fair, most of them are not very bright, so it's actually relatively sound advice. but "if you get the banana they'll attack recklessly" is not a character flaw, it's the other player being dumb

and diddy does have a lot of other things going for him. versatile recovery, best shield in the game, best spot dodge in the game and other dodges are solid, fair is gdlk, solid frame data, good overall mobility. really across the board he has more in common with characters like MK and falco than snake does, snake has more in common with like...DDD

and this whole wall of text you've produced looks identical to things people were saying in late 2008. "diddy is just a gimmick, use his bananas against him!", 2 years later and that advice still doesn't change anything

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You guys QQ too much. Snake has a solid advantage over Olimar and goes even with Marth [and DDD].

You all just either take Snake's power too much for granted or let his weaknesses intimidate you too much.

allys the only snake who places where it matters
This
is
very
very
VERY
false

:059:

etecoon

Smash Hero
funny that you should mention that because I'm giving an MK's perspective, and MARTH was my second character and I felt like marth wins this MU. I don't think snake goes even with any of those characters, much less beats them. but I'm willing to agree to disagree on olimar and DDD somewhat because I don't play them, marth I'm fairly certain beats snake from my experience on both sides of the MU.

don't see how this amounts to "QQing about snake" when I've never been a snake main unless you count like a month in 2008 for anything. speaking strictly as a meta knight, I have a lot more confidence knowing that my opponent plays snake than if they were a diddy, falco, or ice climber player.

napZzz

Smash Hero
You guys QQ too much. Snake has a solid advantage over Olimar and goes even with Marth [and DDD].

You all just either take Snake's power too much for granted or let his weaknesses intimidate you too much.

This
is
very
very
VERY
false

are you being serious?

especially the bolded part. I'm fine with marth (and maybe DDD) but you cant deny olis advantage over snake

ZTD | TECHnology

This
is
very
very
VERY
false

While these aren't like 40-60s or anything that bad, Snake loses to Olimar. It's a fact. We know it. Olimars know it. King Dedede is the same case though its slightly more debatable. I feel like both of these are 45-55 and I have plenty of experience in both MUs to prove it seeing as how I travel. Marth is even at best. This is not 2009 anymore.

And prove otherwise that Ally isn't the only Snake bringing great results. Not talking about locals either. Bring us concrete evidence that Snake is consistently placing Top 3 in nationals or large regionals or several Snakes are at least making top 5 or 8. Fatal is the only Snake who has come close to meeting those criteria.

And what looks like us QQing is actually us just being real and knowing where we stand. Can't say that about too many character boards lol

tl;dr tl;dr:

DIDDY KONG IS POPO.
NANA IS NANAS.

SEPARATE THEM. NOW.
Dumb diddy's let their nanas into the opponents possession. If we did get our hands on Diddy's nanas, it won't last long

This
is
very
very
VERY
false

I agree with DDD being even with Snake.

Marth and Olimar is hard. Snake only has 3 disadvantaged match-ups: MK, Marth and Olimar. Maybe Falco or Diddy but their arguably even or not.

ZTD | TECHnology

I feel like Diddy is even..maybe slightly iin our favor. Falco in my opinion is also even. Its the dumbest MU I know. I know it so well but..ugh..its so systematic and boring.

ZTD | TECHnology

I can see it being logical. I have yet to lose to a good Marth in tourney for over a year now but Marth seemed to get more and more obnoxious as time went on <_<

I feel like I'm decent at the MU though but its still stupid. Olimar is unbearable to me lol

ZTD | TECHnology

FD isn't that bad. Play Diddy on Picto and then you will understand the horrors. But honestly if its their CP I just go Falco now and camp like my life depends on it.

Falco on FD is also not bad. I let Falcos CP me there because I'm very comfortable on that stage. Haven't lost to a Falco on it yet :D

etecoon

Smash Hero
a diddy CP'd me to picto a few weeks ago and I two stocked him after our first game on FD went last stock last hit, he was actually ****** me in the FD game and I brought it back with an absolutely disgusting chain of down throws, nothing in this game is as fun as snake's down throw when you can get on a roll like that : ) snake does fine against diddy on picto IMO, I think PS2 being legal now is a lot worse for snake(the conveyor belt stage is horrible for snake XD)

oh and snake probably beats diddy slightly. for all the trash I'll give snake on a lot of other matchups and in general, I think he's diddy's worst MU and the only character that actually beats diddy IMO. I can't fight diddy with MK, at all :/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All you have to do is never spotdodge or shield when he throws Pikmin. Pull a nade, drop it and then jab/utilt the pikmin. Pick up the nade again and throw it at Olimar. That way he can't outcamp you and that seems to be the only issue I hear about the match-up in the first place.

Just remember to always kill Pikmin instead of trying to evade them and throw the grenades at him in little steps to give yourself room to kill Pikmin in between. Watch how Shu plays the match-up - he's the only top-level Snake I've seen playing it correctly.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he could grab you when you go to pick up the grenade, then he gets the throw and you probably blow up before you can dodge the explosion too(and if you do dodge he can usually take advantage of that)

camping is only half the problem, a lot of characters outcamp snake. the problem with olimar is that he beats snake on the ground, you can't do any of this normal snake stuff like "protect yourself with grenades" without opening yourself to grabs, where he can throw you without detonating grenades or where you get combod into explosions if you actually picked it up

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
he could grab you when you go to pick up the grenade, then he gets the throw and you probably blow up before you can dodge the explosion too(and if you do dodge he can usually take advantage of that)
And what Snake player in their right mind would pull out a grenade at that range anyway? Sounds like Snake players fail to adapt to situations where they can't just blindly pull grenades [something a LOT of Snake players get ***** for, especially in the air]. It's not like you can't kill the Pikmin without the grenades anyway.

the problem with olimar is that he beats snake on the ground, you can't do any of this normal snake stuff like "protect yourself with grenades" without opening yourself to grabs, where he can throw you without detonating grenades or where you get combod into explosions if you actually picked it up[/COLOR]
So in other words - Olimar beats Snake because Snake can't do his "typical" stuff? Yeah, that sounds a lot like inability to adapt more than anything else. And how does Olimar beat Snake on the ground? That's sounds like an exaggeration - and a pretty absurd one at that.

Top Bottom