• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've been here for a while and I'm not in the OP either. I prefer it that way though. Also, rarely check the actual forums. I just click on CP (control panel, not the other CP haha) and check the threads I post in. I should make myself more useful.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You learn something new everyday.

I like the idea of their being a Syx+ more though. It's like Brawl+ except better.

Can anyone confirm or deny this thought that I have. When Snake's Dash Attack comes out it hits on frame 5 apprently. If I recall, EY said that he found that Snake's Dash Attack is pretty much invicible in like frames 5-6. Those frames would be extended when they hit something, thus the hitbox is out longer.

Now, when playing against Olimar and he latches pikmin onto you, they will die if they happen to be on your upper body when Dash Attack is activated. {Which is not very hard most of the time since olimar seems to SH/FH to latch pikmin onto you} Could Dash Attack when pikmin are latched to your upper body be a safe approach against Olimar if you cancel the dash attack into a mortar slide?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
no, he can turn around and grab the ending lag or mortar slide, but good idea though, it would def help, just not completely safe.

^And Pichu just happens to be Zajice!

no, he can turn around and grab the ending lag or mortar slide, but good idea though, it would def help, just not completely safe.
I'm thinking it might be a possible approach in the circumstances. If Olimar is getting grab/fsmash happy I think this method might beat out grabs and fsmash. On shield, it's not entirely safe yeah. But I wanted to know about grabs and fsmash, you know given pikmin have no priority.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Motar Sliding THROUGH his attacks is a solid approach, but just dash attack/DACUSing while you have pikmin on you but he's able to move is a bad idea.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah now that I think about it, dash attack having invincibility doesnt really help at all, since pikmins have no priority as long as theres a hitbox out snake will be safe from them.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have depraved myself of sleep the last two night and only slept about 4 hours each because of you guys.

Freakin' nocturnal Snakes making a comeback. I'm gonna go sleep before I end up collapsing from exhaustion tomorrow.

Nic64

Smash Lord
MK/Marth do well against Olimar, MK's a great secondary in general since he ***** DDD and Marth too(and beats everyone, **** it you might as well main him instead!)</Ihatebrawl>

^ That's the reason why I don't main MK :( MK has no challenging opponent and ***** all so I went for Snake since he has some SLIGHT disadvantages

Well tell that to the Wario boards and Falco's

They said Falco VS MK is a 50:50 (Without planking) But MKs will obviously plank :p

And Warios says it's 50:50 because they can't admit MK beats Wario

Nic64

Smash Lord
I haven't visited the Wario board in a long time but I really doubt many good Wario's think it's perfectly even, **** fiction was one of the biggest MK ban supporters and said that the way tyrant plays MK makes it impossible for Wario to win.

PZ

Smash Lord
Honestly i see mk and snake in their positions forever.
Mk is just well mk.
Snake only problem with him is his recovery its easily gimp in fact snake is the character ever! if it wasnt fo his almost impossible not to gimp recovery.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Now, when playing against Olimar and he latches pikmin onto you, they will die if they happen to be on your upper body when Dash Attack is activated. {Which is not very hard most of the time since olimar seems to SH/FH to latch pikmin onto you} Could Dash Attack when pikmin are latched to your upper body be a safe approach against Olimar if you cancel the dash attack into a mortar slide?
While attached? It'd be difficult. To approach with the DA against Olimar, you have to time it between his attacks so he's in the middle of lag (otherwise he shields it and punishes you), and with pikmin attached to you the timing of the DA is slightly off due to the hitlag.

IIRC, of course. I haven't played this game in like 2 months :(

Also, Wario loses to MK (last I heard it was 40/60). There was a short stint where he did well, but once MKs learned the matchup that changed.

And Snake is absolutely not the second best character in the game. The fact that so many people think he is still surprises me. Only ONE person has been able to do well enough with Snake to merit his position. Without Ally, there would be absolutely no evidence for Snake to be #2. And as it is now, I don't think one person should affect the tier list that much. But whatevs.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Snake can also be abused in the air a lot, has poor aerial defense, and tends to have difficulty with characters that have better range than him and good mobility. When he isn't on solid ground in just the right positions, he has very predictable options. I really believe that Diddy is a better character and that IC's are potentially better as well, there's just no M2K/Ally type Diddy or IC player(and in general IC's don't have a strong userbase and likely never will). I'd throw Falco in there too if he didn't have chain grab issues(irony) and maybe Wario(if you account for doubles I think Wario already is better).</snakeselfhate>

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

napZzz

Smash Hero
my opinion of what the tier list should be

1.mk
2.diddy
3.ic's
4.snake
5.falco

maybe switched around just a bit from 2-4

Turazrok

Smash Master
Snake is arguably better than Diddy. They both do stage control. But Snake does it better!!

napZzz

Smash Hero
diddy is so much better than snake its ridiculous

he's the closest thing this game has to a character that combo's and in like 3 hits he can put you at around 100%. Snake only has so many tricks and theres always a way to get by them, but a diddy with bananas around him camping with peanuts is absolutely ********. YOu cant abuse shield vs. him becuase he's either going to side b to grab it or some other ******** combination that will poke and leave you feeling stupid

diddy is gay

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Diddy's stage control > Snake's.

A smart experienced player can avoid nades, mines, and c4s pretty well, but naners are alot harder.

The only thing about Diddy is that he prob wont be that high once everyone learns how to use nanners.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Id play diddy more often if he didn't take so much effort and his lack of killing power didn't anger me so. Snake is just simpler and I've been playing him longer.

its hard to use bananas against a smart diddy, because when you have a banana in your hand you limit your own options and diddy can just punish you for it ~__~

Top Bottom