• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Underload

Lazy
I disagree. There's nothing good about Pit. His recovery is good, but has lackluster everything else.
Just as a projectile, Pit's is probably the best in the game (maybe 2nd to Falco's lasers.) Snake's tools are overall better for camping, but the versatility with Pit's arrows rivals Snake's nades in any case.

Good recovery, pretty quick aerials (fair and bair kill), Pit is deceptively quick overall with his moves, and he has a few chaingrabs and followups out of his fthrow.

Seems like when I'm having a bad stretch with Snake (invited a really good ROB / Kirby over today, got beat mostly, started getting a bit frustrated with his camping game and approached blindly), the best thing to do is to just go back to some Ally videos. And what did I learn from said videos?

K.I.S.S.. (Keep it simple, silly!)

Also, Japan ***** with Fox and Pit.

Also also, I've edited like my last 5 posts for whatever reason. I need to stop that.

Hey, what do you guys think of hosting a little tournament over wifi using AiB? Just for the Snake Boarders? It would have the typical SWF ruleset, but with no Snakes allowed. (And all Snake tournament would be rather sad in my opinion). See how everyone does with their secondaries or just for fun characters.

It would just be for the luls and all. Friendly competition and all.

Underload

Lazy
If you're gonna keep it to the Snake boarders, but not let us use Snake, then why not just make it a plain jane wifi tourney?. And some of us don't have real secondaries, anyway. (that's me)

All is Snake tourney would be cool, though.

If you're gonna keep it to the Snake boarders, but not let us use Snake, then why not just make it a plain jane wifi tourney?. And some of us don't have real secondaries, anyway. (that's me)

All is Snake tourney would be cool, though.
Well, I did say or just for fun characters. And that would probably be the intent. You know, many people who visit here may not actually post often and stuff, but we still call them our Snake Boarders.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'd have to borrow my friend's wii again, but I'd be down.

I've only ever played Wifi twice so I'll probably fail cus of the lag though =[

I'd have to borrow my friend's wii again, but I'd be down.

I've only ever played Wifi twice so I'll probably fail cus of the lag though =[
That's not the main point of the tournament is it. It would be to have fun and all the crazy stuff that would happen xD Communities have there brawl groups, Snake boards can do it too (but with wifi xD).

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I don't think I'm ever going to put my Snake above my Falco, right now theyre both my mains, and I think its going to stay that way because they cover the matchups pretty well, and if my opponent really knows my char I can switch to the other one and hope for the best.

Edit: What do you guys think of dual mains? Someone just told me its better to stick with 1 char 1st and learn everything about him before moving on, but idk about that =/

would it just be regulars or would the random people who post here occasionally also be allowed?
I have no idea. I am mentioning an idea I envision that I feel would be a lot of fun for us. To make it really be any fun requires work from everyone in a way. We can work out the details and stuff later if we felt like it. Invitation and all that would be a good idea I feel. Simply to make sure you we do not get like dozens of random people joining in on it.

I still think the first one should be just Snake >.>, after that we can do whatever we want.

Fox is fun.
lol. Maybe if it is successful we could do a whole monthly thing with it.

Wow Pit camping is really gay
says the Falco main XD
Yes... Yes, it is.

I don't think I'm ever going to put my Snake above my Falco, right now theyre both my mains, and I think its going to stay that way because they cover the matchups pretty well, and if my opponent really knows my char I can switch to the other one and hope for the best.

Edit: What do you guys think of dual mains? Someone just told me its better to stick with 1 char 1st and learn everything about him before moving on, but idk about that =/
I have a quad main in a way. Peach, MK, Falco and Snake. But generally, it is a better idea to stick with a single character. It should speed up how far you go with them. But having two mains is not a bad thing. It is actually a tacticful to have it I think.

Underload

Lazy
That somebody is right. Sticking to one character really does take you up to that next level.

If I still used dual Snake and Diddy, I'd be really, really horribad at Brawl right now.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I got good going all Snake, now that I've reached a level where I won't be screwed over playing too many characters at once, I am seconding Pit, though he's a potential main if he stays this fun.

Also, my Snake is improving now too since I'm working with other characters

If only I had wi-fi but it's not working (XP) I'm good going with Snake too and I second Ganon and where's nappy?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
That somebody is right. Sticking to one character really does take you up to that next level.

If I still used dual Snake and Diddy, I'd be really, really horribad at Brawl right now.
kay, thanks, I think I'll do that then.

Bye guys! Visit me on the Falco board! XDDDDD

jk, you guys are cool, and the Falco board is really dead right now, I think I like doing a dual main, its most fun for me, and there are definite benefits, for example Fatal's Snake doesn't do well against Icylight's Olimar, so he switch to MK and **** him.

And I don't have Wifi at BU, but if we do this over winter break I can prob do it.

Underload

Lazy
Like Syx said, it all depends on your skill with your "main".

But really, most high-end pros only use one character. Very few use more than that and succeed. Anti's an example of a guy who goes against the norm and still does well.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I'm gonna start mastering Jigglypuff why?
1.) Pink!!!
2.) Osim up-taunt
3.) Epic ground combat
4. Air combat is awesome

And plus, I'm gonna master Jiggs because she's low-tiered :)
If you're going to go Low Tier, you obviously have to go Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. They're both so much fun to play.

If you're going to go Low Tier, you obviously have to go Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. They're both so much fun to play.
I had some CF dittos earlier today. It is really funny to see CFs attempt to CQC each other. Better yet when both punch into each other at 140%+ and both die :laugh:

Top Bottom