• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here's the duelists layout, size varies (but hylian should be able to specify the exact small medium or large stage size, but i'm certain it has to be large)

Here's a brief description of myself, Don't question my motives and reasoning about how i play snake and caring about advance techniques, it just freaking works (no testing needed). really i'd detail my smash career, but i'm too lazy
That is NOT the duelist stage lol. Though you sort of get the idea.

Wait for the video to see how the stage is supposed to be made.

nevershootme

Smash Master
That is NOT the duelist stage lol. Though you sort of get the idea.

Wait for the video to see how the stage is supposed to be made.
That was one variation I've seen (and I was playing this one with friends, and that wasn't the complete layout that I recalled when i played). I saw the other variant in which it was split in 2 halfs at the pit area, making it a tighter space.

Later Zusa

Snake for the win <3

@nevershootme: You are engineer, I am thinking of astrophysics, but I first need to get out of high school xD

~testing siggy~

t.t Still too big at 33% size @$#! >_>

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hurry with the video so I can make all of Norcal do it
Videos are uploading right now. Badnewsbear06 is the youtube account I think. He's uploading a ton of videos from Hobo16 and swat so it's going to take awhile. They should be up sometime today though.

The videos are of us playing duelists at the end of swat. It's first person to 3 wins.

I'll post the vids here when they are uploaded.

Timbers

check me out
This sounds mad fun Hylian, lol.

I had a few questions to ask about duelists but the videos will probably answer them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should I just post a new thread for duelists with the videos?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Duelist is the best thing since sliced bread.

The ONLY problem I have with it is that people will not let me play gay by staying on top of stage, usually to get free revenge kills.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Mmmm, I love math, derivatives, and functions. The only greek symbol I recognize though is lambda. Engineering eh? My dad's an engineer. My major is premed/ Physician's assistant. So that's what a duelist variation stage looks like. For some reason I thought it was just horizontal blocks at the top, no blocks on the sides, and ladders crisscrossing... Talk about missing the main point, haha. Great way to practice techs haha.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I just got MGS the twin snakes from my friend so i'ma start playing it soon XD

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I just got MGS the twin snakes from my friend so i'ma start playing it soon XD
I loved Twin Snakes but its SOOOO easy, having all the same abilities from MGS2 in MGS1 just made that game go from hard as hell to retardedly simple, walking is so broken (and I'm not even joking)

Tennet

Smash Champion
I was on the first boss then he had to take the game back, so i'm finally able to play through it XD

Tero.

Smash Champion
I loved Twin Snakes but its SOOOO easy, having all the same abilities from MGS2 in MGS1 just made that game go from hard as hell to retardedly simple, walking is so broken (and I'm not even joking)

Twin Snakes is so ****ing epic.
But then ... all MGS are epic even though I only played MGS1&2 because I don't own a PS2/3.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I still haven't beaten MGS4. :/

My controller was broken PRETTY much out of the box. I got a new wire so I gotta try it again at some point but it's like......ever play a game? And stop for a long *** time? It's kinda hard to jump back in.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Oh man MGS series were so good. I haven't played 4. MGS 1 and 2 were so much harder compared to 3. I like 1 and 2 for the storyline. I thought 1 was hard cause of the low life in the beginning and d*** psychomantis (I was about to say psychomidget, haha). I like MGS 3 cause you get to rambo through everything. Anyone else like MGS 3 Snake's manly scream when using the M63?

-Ran

Smash Master
I've yet to play beyond the first level in any Metal Gear. I get bored too fast. Lol.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I play snake and i haven't really played the series only been talked to about it and seen my friend play

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Wtf? You guys don't even love Snake! Buncha tier whores ya are. T_T

You should all really give them a shot. MGS is the game that defined the Playstation for me. Well that and 7 but...yeah.....

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I use Snake because he's my favorite video game character ever

and he's fun as hell :D

you guys should all try MGS1 or 2, those are better to start off with than 3

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soooooooo, how's Snake do on a team with Ganondorf? :D

Cuz I'm totally doing that tomorrow.

I play him because I like his playstyle.

Same reason why I play Pikachu and Sonic.
Alright! Another Snake that plays Pikachu.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
3 got rid of the radar...first time I played it I was like.. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! lol It probably would have been easier if I DIDN'T play the first two so I wouldn't have been spoiled.

Chronologically it goes 3 1 2 4. Sort of. I guess it would be MGS3, MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I've beaten MGS 2 and 3, never got to finish 1... but I know one MGS game you guys have never played!. MGS on gameboy color (and I beat it on Japanese version), no emulation, just straight up cartridge...

I use snake cuz he has explosions....

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't even think MGSGB (lol. I JUST Realized. Ghost Babel, Game Boy) counted chronologically. It was like...an alternate sequel to MG1

Oh and Snake's Revenge doesn't count. Don't go NEAR that one. Wasn't even made by Kojima.

Edit: Alright. Portable Ops and Peace Walker are in between MGS3 and MG. Happy?

Don't forget the PSP game that nobody heard about because nobody plays PSPs.
I'm pretty sure there will be a second one here soon. I actually like the PSP a lot better than the DS. The game is just so much better with what you can do with it. The DS you might only get like 2-3 games you would ever like. PSP I can think of a lot more I would like to play espcially since you can play PS1 games on it. (ex FF VII)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was just kidding around. I have a PSP. A hacked one... So I can play emulators and whatnot on it. :p

Top Bottom