• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

That duelist thing sounds fun.

I remember me and 2 other people doing something similiar on wifi once. We used the far left side of Hyrule and played there. We mostly just tried to fooststool everyone as the main goal, but we had to C4, cypher recover still.

If Panda is going to be using a Chibi Snake Avatar, he needs to have this as a siggy xD

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In my state snake players are 14, obsessed with sheep, and beat everyone except Dojo.

-.-

napZzz

Smash Hero
So your saying you've gotten 1,388 posts in just the Snake boards alone? o.o
Well half of them are probably from back when I did some hard core trolling in the game and watch boards
I would ask to play duelist on wifi with some of you but...

1) LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

2) I assume most of you don't play wifi :(

:023:
wifi is awesum for kids liek me with no license who like playing barwl

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Well half of them are probably from back when I did some hard core trolling in the game and watch boards

wifi is awesum for kids liek me with no license who like playing barwl
I agree :colorful: look where it got Ally :colorful: Hes liek... god :o Seriously, it's fun lol If you have aim, maybe we can play (if that wasn't sarcasm :colorful: )

Sorry SuSa, I <3 that smiley :laugh:

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Me and my friends have done the duelists thing on the right side of Hyrule Temple, it's pretty fun, people tried to get stuck with other people's c4s and tried to come up with back airs after explosions to mess others up.

I'm still pretty quiet with my opinion, because I've just been to a few tourneys here and there and nothing I've posted has been really helpful to anyone it seems. I tried to do the Rainbow Cruise post back when everyone was complaining of the stage, and people still apparently hate the stage :/

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Me and my friends have done the duelists thing on the right side of Hyrule Temple, it's pretty fun, people tried to get stuck with other people's c4s and tried to come up with back airs after explosions to mess others up.

I'm still pretty quiet with my opinion, because I've just been to a few tourneys here and there and nothing I've posted has been really helpful to anyone it seems. I tried to do the Rainbow Cruise post back when everyone was complaining of the stage, and people still apparently hate the stage :/
RC is my favorite stage. Although it's from melee it's still a beautiful stage. FD and Battlefield get boring and become an eyesore after a while. I just wish Skyworld's platforms didn't break. That would have been my favorite stage... even if Fountain of Dreams returned.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
RC is my favorite stage. Although it's from melee it's still a beautiful stage. FD and Battlefield get boring and become an eyesore after a while. I just wish Skyworld's platforms didn't break. That would have been my favorite stage... even if Fountain of Dreams returned.

It's not my favorite stage, I just don't think it's the worst for Snake. My favorite all time stage is dreamland 64, that stage made me fall in love with smash <3

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for this duelists vid. I guess I can't play it with the comp haha... comp, haha. Eh, I usually don't contribute anything helpful, but it's trying that counts! Well, maybe not haha.

IxxI

Smash Fence
What is up with this duelists thing?
I don't get it.
Seriously, can someone explain?

Is this a Meme or something?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What is up with this duelists thing?
I don't get it.
Seriously, can someone explain?

Is this a Meme or something?
No, it's like a mini game sort of that was made up in Texas and is starting to spread because it's amazingly fun.

Basically it's a custom stage with a small flat playform at the very top, then stairs going diagonally downwards in both directions to 3 blocks going straight down.

It's a 4 player FFA with all snake. You run off the side and up-b under the stage. There is no floor, so you have to C4 yourself to live. While trying to live you can also attack the other 3 snakes (for example, fair spiking people is amazing). You just try and win.

The only rules are to not plant mines at the top of the stage(because when you tech they will spike you) and not to attack people from the top.

It's really really REALLY fun lol. We play it at pretty much every tournament in texas and have developed crazy strategies for it(like using nikata while falling to hit people and nades after you tech)

Duelists is pro.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
D3 was one of the most difficult matchups for me to learn (I'm still learning MK tho >_<). Definitely one of my least favorite matchups in the game, because if my spacing is even slightly off in a given day then I'll get destroyed.
Fun Fact: The ONLY reason D3's dthrow can CG is due to the absence of hitstun.
Add in hitstun to the game, and the CG COMPLETELY disappears.
The game was clearly supposed to have it, and Snake's ftilt was the key to unlocking this truth.

In brighter news, I finished Spider Snake and Spirit Yoshi, though I only have pictures of Spirit Yoshi.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I agree :colorful: look where it got Ally :colorful: Hes liek... god :o Seriously, it's fun lol If you have aim, maybe we can play (if that wasn't sarcasm :colorful: )

Sorry SuSa, I <3 that smiley :laugh:

I was being serious I used to do wifi alot but I dont have my wii anymore

I watched ally play cruise and thought it looked good. Then I tried it and wanted to punch my friend in the face and ban him from using mk on the stage

New tier list: Snake is the same spot, nothing new for us. Onto the next topic :)

What match-ups do you find the most fun to play?

I find it really fun to play against DDDs for some reason.

And those textures E. Yoshi are too good. :D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
D3 is REALLY fun to play for me.

Except when I face my friends D3.... bthrows and dair walls... he doesn't CG (sorta refuses to) yet he gives me more problems then any other D3....

Also nice textures EY.

PS:

I'm thinking of updating this thread into a welcoming thing (still a social thread, just the OP would be different... Posting who the regulars are and a short description about them, our jokes (so when I we say "whats an fair" people don't think we're serious....) and just seem more.. friendly...

So if you agree, write a short little (7-8 sentences or less) excerpt about yourself.

D3 is REALLY fun to play for me.

Except when I face my friends D3.... bthrows and dair walls... he doesn't CG (sorta refuses to) yet he gives me more problems then any other D3....

Also nice textures EY.

PS:

I'm thinking of updating this thread into a welcoming thing (still a social thread, just the OP would be different... Posting who the regulars are and a short description about them, our jokes (so when I we say "whats an fair" people don't think we're serious....) and just seem more.. friendly...

So if you agree, write a short little (7-8 sentences or less) excerpt about yourself.
The other reason I like playing DDD is that wifi makes the CG fail a lot, so I find it funny to spotdodge, grenade them and punish the CG xD. But that is only against people that don't buffer or I have a bad connection with, which is uncommon with my internet set up.

Seems a good a good idea. Maybe even include current discussions that are active maybe, more advertisment xD ( I cannot create an accurate description of myself, it's to awkward and it would most likely be totally different from how others perceive me).

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'm down for the welcoming thing Susa, but I'd rather not write about myself so just mention me in the list of regulars

__crystal____: Wants to be known as Velox, but has a hard time doing that with a username that is not related in anyway to ~Velox~. Mains Falco and Snake evenly. Avid wifi player, and doesn't mind to play with items, team attack on, or FFAs (but prefers typical 1on1 rules). Ultimate goal is attend tourneys in a couple of years and make a name for himself in anyway possible. Likes to help test things and help out whenever possible.

That seem to be what your looking for?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Here's the duelists layout, size varies (but hylian should be able to specify the exact small medium or large stage size, but i'm certain it has to be large)

Here's a brief description of myself, Don't question my motives and reasoning about how i play snake and caring about advance techniques, it just freaking works (no testing needed). really i'd detail my smash career, but i'm too lazy

SuSa

OP Updated, I'll think of better things for people soon hopefully.... lol

Someone want to describe me? I'd feel way to self-centered if I put anything serious in my description... so instead I made fun of myself. :D

Also if you don't like your description, write one for yourself. :x

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Panda's from michigan

and say you're probably better off asking me about music than Snake info cus I ish dum =] not really tho XD

OP Updated, I'll think of better things for people soon hopefully.... lol

Someone want to describe me? I'd feel way to self-centered if I put anything serious in my description... so instead I made fun of myself. :D

Also if you don't like your description, write one for yourself. :x
You forgot to mention Kenneth >:o

Here's the duelists layout, size varies (but hylian should be able to specify the exact small medium or large stage size, but i'm certain it has to be large)

Here's a brief description of myself, Don't question my motives and reasoning about how i play snake and caring about advance techniques, it just freaking works (no testing needed). really i'd detail my smash career, but i'm too lazy
I wonder how a larger stage would function with this... Probably not nearly as fun.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Panda is not from Texas btw...

the screenshot was taken with stage studio on medium size. this does not reflect on what the actual game would be, and seriously, i'd put it on large since you don't wanna crash the wall at 200% and failing to tech

SuSa

Yah, I know.

I somehow crossed Hylian (from Texas) with S. Panda (Michigan)

Talk about epic fail.

I also forgot Candy and Afro Thundah. Added them.

I really ran out of things to say :/

Panda is not from Texas btw...

the screenshot was taken with stage studio on medium size. this does not reflect on what the actual game would be, and seriously, i'd put it on large since you don't wanna crash the wall at 200% and failing to tech
4 Snakes in a small condensed area is just asking for havokk (pun intended xP)

xXCandyXx - "I want to eat him"
Wow x.X

Kenneth is a utah smasher, you can add that.

For Susa, I would say formally known as Havokk.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I know Afro in person, lives like an hour away from me. I live with the pros to be honest in FL, they're right around my area except afro. Afro, Seibrik, Lambchops (Melee Falco and Snake main) are the pros in the SFL region.

edit: I actually main snake btw... I just don't openly change that little rob icon anyways (previously was marth, olimar, mk)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I need to find a way to get my name changed to Syx if its at all possibly, I really really really ahte my current username

I need to find a way to get my name changed to Syx if its at all possibly, I really really really ahte my current username
Mine is way worse than yours xD My name has a history behind it, but I'd rather not get into it. I to want to get the name changed too, but Panda told me that policy for the last year was to not allow any names changes to accounts. You would have to start over with a new account if you really want the name changed.

I need to finish that siggy sometime soon.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I wish I'd change mines, but I have enough comments about my username being too awesome, too awesome that it's my universal name in forums and such, I actually go by 8-Bit in tournaments since I regularly wear an 8-Bit tie (From Thinkgeek), i'll put a self picture at some point.

Some people got their name changes to be honest, breaking policy.

If you think math is easy, don't even try this (referencing Q&A thread)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'd start a new account, but it was bad enough being an 08'er

and for the record, I knew that you couldn't since like... June 08 =[

That is defintly calculus I think. A combination of logrithms (saw e in there), and trig from what I can make out. I cannot quiet read the handwriting.

nevershootme

Smash Master
That is defintly calculus I think. A combination of logrithms (saw e in there), and trig from what I can make out. I cannot quiet read the handwriting.
it's actually beyond calculus a bit. it's on communications theory, and yea there are exponentials and complex numbers in the mix... it's not fun to derive that crap. and they're the gateway to your freaking CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and all that crap.

I'm an engineer, so I eat that ****

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I major in music, the highest number I deal with is the BPM which usually is 120 and I can only count to at highest 8

Top Bottom