• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question of the Day: [4/3/09]

mio

Smash Ace
I would travel into the future to play with future-people who are ****in incredible at melee

get at me
But isn't the melee metagame/community generally getting worse as time goes on? Wouldn't it be better to go back to the height of Melee (03-07) like Mango said?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i meant i would go back
and like

train harder

=D

its like

HEIGHT OF MELEE in the beggingn

right now its like were at step one and everyone is trying 2 get **** again

its like the melee community started over

everyone is ok right now

in maybe a year

were back 2 the top

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
"What would you do if you had a time machine?

(You can go back or forward in time)"

well...

I don't really understand the question... cuz it has nothing to do with forward... isnt his name Sean?

so this should say...

(You can go back or Sean in time)

but then again... theres a typo....

You can Boback or Sean in time.

Ah, now I udnerstand the question.

I choose neither.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
If I had a time machine, I'd definitely do something not related to smash (don't know what though).

JDM

Smash Champion
But isn't the melee metagame/community generally getting worse as time goes on? Wouldn't it be better to go back to the height of Melee (03-07) like Mango said?
How the **** would you know?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
no *****

edit: Joe beat me to it =/

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
"What would you do if you had a time machine?

(You can go back or forward in time)"

well...

I don't really understand the question... cuz it has nothing to do with forward... isnt his name Sean?

so this should say...

(You can go back or Sean in time)

but then again... theres a typo....

You can Boback or Sean in time.

Ah, now I udnerstand the question.

I choose neither.
hahahahaha

I read Mio's post then automatically replied without reading the bottoms posts.

rookie mistake

im in a really good mood someone play dota with me

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hey Leon, let's go find some invisible shy guys!

Joe, I thought that one match of M2K vs PC Chris with that one amazing final fantasy song was the apex of Melee...

Kira-

Smash Champion
**** that, I take FULL responsibility for all my actions (edit - not that you wouldnt, ugh i hate having to cover my tracks because you can't hear my tone of voice online)

i would **** it up pretty bad though, so if anyone has a time machine dont let me use it

DanteFox

Smash Champion

mio

Smash Ace
How cool do you feel right now, Joe, JDM? I'll bet your "fitting in" bars raised a few more points with those ones. Here, I'll even give you guys more content to play with. Continue with your hierarchy-based forum games, children.

I don't report. The only people I ever reported were P and Lovage back when they were ganking up my Oxnard threads.

How the **** would you know?
I don't, that's why I asked.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I don't, that's why I asked.

The only people I reported were P and Lovage back when they were ganking up my Oxnard threads.
Since I don't believe in trolling for the sake of trolling or flaming for the sake of flaming, I'll give you a legit response. The melee metagame has definitely not gotten worse. We know what we knew back in the mlg days and more, players today are overall more technical, and more precise. The only thing that's lacking in the community is size/experience I guess. The melee community became smaller due to the community split after brawl's release, but is slowly growing with a trickle of newer players and returning vets. A lot of today's up and coming melee players are relatively new (aka, weren't around/good during the mlg days). That's why mango said it was like the melee community was starting over: Smaller community/newer, less seasoned players.

But yeah I can tell the melee community will be **** again in due time.

Anyone else feel free to add to/correct my explanation.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I'd probably only go forward in time so I couldn't mess things up.

Then I'd steal my controller which I would leave with Dajuan before going forward in time. Thus creating infinite controllers.

pockyD

Smash Legend
how come when everyone is telling someone they're being dumb, that person always assumes everyone else is just teaming up on them and following the leader for fun instead of really ever considering that they might actually be acting dumb

joeplicate

Smash Master
How cool do you feel right now, Joe, JDM? I'll bet your "fitting in" bars raised a few more points with those ones. Here, I'll even give you guys more content to play with. Continue with your hierarchy-based forum games, children.

I don't report. The only people I ever reported were P and Lovage back when they were ganking up my Oxnard threads.
ooh, man, mio, you're so cool!

you got me good!

honestly though?
you sound like a 13 year old girl

why can't you take the hint

joeplicate

Smash Master
I hate it when you close your browser window, and when you bring it back up everything is back in bold again

so you go and read everything that you just finished reading and it's all the same ****

Top Bottom