• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about ike's quick draw.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brawl coding people need to hack the game and include that...it was afterall, included in the strategy guide or manual...

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I do it when doing Aether, Counter, and Eruption...lol I'll find out something I hope ;_;

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
The QDC is only when you get momentum from using it in air, slightly above ground and sliding into another move, but that's not a true cancel, IMO. I've tried many button presses to cancel during the charge and QD animation and nothing... so yeah, QDC doesn't truly exist.

LordofIke

Smash Rookie
You can cancel out of Ike's quick draw all you have to is press B when he just about have way into his dash or before. On a Lighter Note if do his up-smash just after you QDC=Quickdraw cancel he will slide equal to the momentum he had before the stop.
And another thing you cant use the QDC in the air because he falls into a Fallspecial so you cant use it in the air trust me i have tried.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You can cancel out of Ike's quick draw all you have to is press B when he just about have way into his dash or before.
Oh, I get it, so you just... er... OH! Right, of course, the B button and... having way into his... dash... wait, what?

:034:

LuLLo

Smash Ace
You can cancel out of Ike's quick draw all you have to is press B when he just about have way into his dash or before. On a Lighter Note if do his up-smash just after you QDC=Quickdraw cancel he will slide equal to the momentum he had before the stop.
And another thing you cant use the QDC in the air because he falls into a Fallspecial so you cant use it in the air trust me i have tried.
Arrrgghhh....head...hurts....
Love how you wrote lighter note, as if it's something special, your English is very good dear sir ;)

Hoser

Smash Ace
That's not a cancel, it just ends the attack early. Canceling would be the act of beginning, but never finishing the move due to, well, canceling it, which Ike can't do.

Four Star

Smash Rookie
Yeah it would be nice for the air, since ike's quickdraw puts him in such a horrible helpless state in the air

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
One note about QD: You cannot cancel it but you can simply slide (ie not attack with the sword and therefore suffer the big lag) if the enemy is (or is just) out of range.

Palpi

Smash Hero
inbeforemetroid!

WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS!

This thread was done the day it was made and all questions were answered. The thread has also been inactive for a while so please don't bump it anymore!

If you have any questions or concerns about ike please ask them Ashunera's Library rather than making a new thread!

waitsformetroidtogiveabetterintroduction

metroid1117

Smash Master
inbeforemetroid!

WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS!

This thread was done the day it was made and all questions were answered. The thread has also been inactive for a while so please don't bump it anymore!

If you have any questions or concerns about ike please ask them Ashunera's Library rather than making a new thread!

waitsformetroidtogiveabetterintroduction
Lol, I think you did a pretty good job already.

One note about QD: You cannot cancel it but you can simply slide (ie not attack with the sword and therefore suffer the big lag) if the enemy is (or is just) out of range.
Like Palpi said, welcome to Smashboards! Ashunera's Library is the most active thread in the forums; if you need to ask anything, post there and someone is sure to get to you. It's also a great place to find links to useful threads. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Top Bottom