• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Because Roy has T3h Ph1r3!

Y'know there's a brawl hack that lets you play Roy in Brawl. Retexture of Marth, altered hitboxes, properties, everything.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
What does everyone think about Brawl/Melee Bi-Monthlys?
Or organizing them a little more?
I could have Melee ones here cause I know nearly everyone that would want to come, and we could have Brawl one sat either PCYC or Helensvale.

Just a thought.

This big one, could have it in January....?
Ahhh I don't know.

Who is doing WinterSmash?
45 days!
I'll go if no one else does, I'll get in contact with Blade etc I guess.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
My Sagat went undefeated with you.... then your Chun Li powered up FFS <_< Its still beats Michael and Nick 80% of the time ****it! and every other character you have besides chun FFS
And Ryu... *cough*

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I'm in full support of the PCYC, really easy place to get to for most Brisbane people.

I needa play sf4! worth buying an eggbox just for it?

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
No buy a PS3 for it. so much better. And Shutup HOTDOGS! i didnt mention you for a reason.

And ok guys ill tell ya what. next chance i get ill go to the PCYC and see when the next venue is free and hire it out. But id like it after i come back from America so i can attend oks!

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Bah ps3 is so pricey and not modable however it has mgs4...
Curious how much does it cost to hire it out?

Sieg

Smash Champion
MGS4 is the one reason you should be getting a PS3.

I don't know why you haven't got it already.

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE THAT FOXHOUND LOGO.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea MSG4 is pretty awesome. my little brother got the Big Boss Emblem... nerd.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Well i bought a wii for 2 games i guess i can do the same for ps3.
I haven't gotten it yet cause from what iv read about mgs4 it makes me hate the conclusion to the story.
Your brother should have that dedication to smash :) I still haven't beaten mgs2 on European-extreme.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I hate MGS4's ending... after the credits, where
big boss came back to talk
. The story was developing SO nicely in MGS2, then MGS4 was just like "yep... they did exactly what i thought they would...". It was such a fan pleaser :(

and unless you played MGS1, chapters 4-5 was a major letdown in MGS4. I'm glad i played them all or else I wouldnt have loved it so much.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Well iv played 1,2,3 and loved the story even as crazy as it got in mgs2. But the whole 'i was pretending to be liquid' and the ring in of random characters who were never meant to be important just annoys me.

Also rob im probs gonna start to pick up melee properly so i gotta get some matches with ya next meet or something :).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
look we all know Metal Gear Solid 1 was the best, and you have to play it first so that things make some sense and when you play mgs 4 and get to chapter 4 the nostalgia overwhelms you. god that was great.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Sounds good, Seriously when I go to a meet I just sit there and play melee all day LOL. So I'm happy to practice with anyone, I want to do better at the next tourney anyway and maybe do better against those guys that have been playing for a while :p.

Ryan's going down. Eventually :)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Ben, Billy, Bob and Hotdogs, 3 Bs and a H.
Between us we could organize things quite wellfully I reckon.
Wouldn't even be hard.

@spam: OUCH STOP IT KIDS! :(

@Tournaments: What do yas reckon. A Melee one before WinterSmash, obviously the both of them at WinterSmash and a Brawl one the other side of it?
We should do rankings, just dig up the old results from SummerSmash and BfB and things will be cool.
And fancy titles and ladders and stuff.
And Vyse doesn't even need to organize these, hes laid the foundations, time to give him a break, until this big one happens. :)

@This weekend: Whos hosting? Not me. Will travel though. If not sick. and Dino isn't dying. Again. :dizzy:

EDIT: WinterSmash: Sign up!
http://www.lansmash.com/event/winter-lan-2009

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Come over my house Sunday! bring Wii's and TV's I don't have a Wii anymore =(
I work at 5 though.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Snake. You need to change disks.

What are you talking about Otacon?

You need to change the game to disk 2.

Oh wait, Bluray now, dual layered too.

Anyone who hates on MGS4 is a failbot. I'm talking about all of you. finding out who the Patriots were made me orgasm in my pants, and BB as the end was legendary. I don't understand why people hate on the story. Kojima did EVERYTHING everyone wanted, includingm following up on things people didn't like about earlier games.

I.E Making Raiden awesome.

Although I am a big fanboy and have a raging hard-on for MGS1, MGS3 was the best. It was the true stealth action game of the series. Nothing was harder than MGS3 Euro Extreme.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Hmm sounds like a plan, I'll talk to Booker bout organizing a Brawl day at PCYC, lets say... the 27th of June? How's that sound for everyone?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd be there ;)
Cutting it close to when I leave. But yeah, for sure.
I'd even help you with the tournament bracket and stuff.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I could help out as well i guess if its needed, i have a lot of free time at the moment.
Also ill probs come round on sunday.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
So, I went to go book the room at the PCYC, but it's 'permanently' booked, so we can't get it, I can only book a smaller room. Which isn't that much smaller, being 12.5x7m, but no carpet, sorry guys =O

Edit: Ok so we only have from 8:30 till 3pm if I book it, is that enough time for everyone?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Considering how small Autumnlan was i don't think it will be a problem. Oh and when is it booked for?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
sigh i suck at getting up
Thats what you said. ...?

Independence day smash would be kinda cool.
Lets look into Sundays as well, assuming it works for other people.

Thats all I can think of for now, see ya tommrow HotDog, hope others want to come as well. :)

EDIT: Possible name: Booked For Billy's HotCats.

AND I'm so bringing in the 5 minute HARDCORE Items title which was to happen at AutumnSmash!
GET PUMPED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom