• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Of 36 players who attended wifi players took out some decent positions considering there were only ten of us.

3: SwordSaint
4: Meteor
5: Jesmo
9: J-Birds
9: Hotdog
13: DJKaion
13: T.REX
17: Emery
17: LeishaChu
25: Sieg

I wouldn't call it a complete fail.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Note that I didn't play in Singles, I just got registered. Also I drew Chris first apparently lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And meteor master is definitely a REAL WORLD player over a wifi player.
DON'T YOU DARE TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US YOU ... YOU...

Scoot also publicly hates on how bad wifi is too. Respect for that.

I'd play brawl+ on wifi if people had it :D

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call me wifi i only really did it consistently that one week and haven't really bothered much since then. All in all its alright but i cant take it serious and get too annoyed. I struggled against your Samus online Kaion but that's totally different offline.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit Meteor Hotdogs & Jaymz were pro before they started wifi Shaya. I won't take them away from you. It doesn't hurt though I don't think Jaymz would have beaten my Samus without it.

Scott may be a sook but he has a point Shaya. :)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Your probably right there Kaion the experience against a strange character did help but i just do soo much worse online its balls! Also come to some offline meets Kaion!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Today I started drafting the opening post for QLD's proper, big national (since I never actually intended for AutumnLAN to be a national roflmao).

These are the names I came up with:

DJ Cat: The Movie
CBF: Trade Games 3
Queensland Brawl Buddies II
SQUAT: REMiX
Comrades of Amaterasu
Night Shift Smashers: Syke’s Redemption
Yonder Eloquent Arenas Having Us Zach’s Zenith
Comrades Of Queensland’s Ultimate E-Sport

I'm leaning towards Queensland Brawl Buddies II because it's a recognisable name, plus it's the only one from that lot that actually makes sense.

In other news, I received an Email from one of the new guys saying he wants to host a meet, and will post details here once he's sorted.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Night Shift Nurses : Dickgirls redux, Zac's wild night out. ft. Smash.

Oh wow, I'm surprised that isn't censored lol.

SQUAT:Remix. Who cares if it's not recognisable. Link the old threads if you have to. I'm calling a revival of SQUAT.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Also here's some basic info:

Event Entry Costs

Venue Fee: $10 (Mandatory to compete)

Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $5
Spectators: Free

Discounts:
Enter all four events: $5 off Venue Fee
Bring a TV + Wii + Brawl: $5 off Venue Fee (Discount is not cumulative for multiple TV’s)

Food:
Sausage Sizzle Lunch will be provided, Sausages will be sold at a relatively low price to be determined closer to the date. Drinks as well. (My mum wants to do this herself)

Pot Split:
Winners of events will receive a cash prize determined by the pot split. The amount of people present at a tournament will also influence the amount of places that receive a prize.

Format: 80/20/Entry Fee Return means that First will receive 80% of the event pot, Second will receive 20% and 3rd receives their entry fee back.

Event has less than 25 people = 80/20/Entry Fee Return
Example: [20 people = $100 pot = $76/$19/$5]

Event has 25 – 60 people = 60/20/10
Example: [40 people = $200 pot = $120/$40/$20]

Event has 60+ people = 50/20/15/10/5
Example: [60 people = $300 pot = $150/$60/$45/$30/$15]
Example: [100 people = $500 pot = $250/$100/$75/$50/$25]

We'll have to advertise it hard, but I really think 70 people could be well within our reach.

Other thoughts ~

I gave it a brief thought, and I think a 2 day event would be out of the question if we were to use the same venue as last time (Due to the cost of hiring the venue. It was $500 last time). The venue used last time is epic in size however, so it may well serve as a means of speeding the process up (By making everything speedily accessible).

Having pre-registration worked really well for AutumnLAN and helped me keep things going smoothly as well. So that was good. Also the discounts means people will be encouraged to bring their own setups, meaning the tournament will have more tv's and a quicker progression of brackets.

Also, having everything on the one day removes a lot of the need for intermediate housing between days and the like.

Hmm.

My last idea is to include a Street Fighter 4 Competition to bolster numbers. It gives people a bit of variety, and if it can ferry in another 15 - 20 people it helps with the venue fee.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
70 people? that's friggin heaps, most I've seen was like 65ish at the QBB .

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tournament name:

"AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI"
Starring Mew2King, as AirMAN.
Not guaranteed to have M2K in attendance

Here's hoping for 59 people, so I get $177 instead of only like $150 if there's one extra person <3.

How are you going to be splitting that 5th placement, considering there's always 2 people coming 5th?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Remember how Central Ohio Krew got annoyed when we stole their crew name abbreviation for Comrades?
YEAHUZZ: Clash of the COK Titans Edition FC: The Diamond Mass Madness of the FAST HOBO from GENESIS, The Revival of Melee with a splash of Mango Juice

We should just annotate ft. Mew2King and see how long it takes for him to notice.

EDIT: That's Y:CotCTE-FC:TDMMotFHfG, TRoMwasoMJ for short.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I see no SQUAT in that name.

Also, lets just steal every American crew name, add KAWX/SAWX/FAWX/YEAHYYYYYYUZZZZ to the end and be done with it. lol.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
maxwalton got a new job XD.

Now have money to support gaming habit.

Also decided to start practicing at brawl as I found a lot of people up here keen to get good.
Also might afford to go to ROCKY!!!.
:3

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
yes ill go regardless but add SF4 on there as well. Im sure we could convince some of the Sf4 people to play smash as well. Plus Michael and i could run that side of things antho. i have a laptop i just need the programs

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Working in the Alice allows him to afford to go to Rocky and also pay me back! RAWR

Sieg

Smash Champion
yes ill go regardless but add SF4 on there as well. Im sure we could convince some of the Sf4 people to play smash as well. Plus Michael and i could run that side of things antho. i have a laptop i just need the programs
Heh.

DON'T LEAVE ZAC. DON'T DESERT US LIKE JUGGY KIND OF HAS FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom