• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
if 50% isnt enough to justify a yes, then 38% is rainbows and flowers of miles away from a no.
Doesn't matter. 50% is not enough to warrant an action being taken.

The SBR's official position on the matter is that no, at this current time the majority of its members do not support a ban, but it does support TO's whom wish to see MK banned.

Also if you're sitting on the fence with 'not sure' it means no action will be taken even though you're not sure if not doing anything is the right thing to do.

Toby.

Smash Master
The vast majority of people who vote in the poll are ill informed. Most people don't really KNOW about the situation with metaknight, and even if they've played against metaknights in tournament situations, from the posts in the thread its clear many people don't even really understand why metaknight is considered a problem.

Given this giant lack of understanding and the fact that many players don't even vote anyway, I don't think to poll means much at all.

What I don't see is why having a clear majority pro ban (2/3 or somesuch) would magically make metaknight ban worthy.

:ohwell:

Waiting for a 2/3 majority seems like just another way to sit on the fence imo. But whatever, I'd best get on with things and man up.

Oh and I might be coming to autumn lan tooo :)

edit: deleted stuff because I don't feel like a debate :(

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
i may come on saturday, but it depends on whether or not I have a date on sat, and how much melee there will be.

Lol, sorry, just don't really feel like playing brawl all day (though that doesnt mean I won't play brawl at all, I just always prefer melee <3)

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
There will be at least one tv dedicated to melee for the day.
But really, it depends on the turn out.
If we get the usual players, we could definitely pull off both tourneys.
Bye.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Apparently it's this weekend. lol.

I won't be able to come due to work because I need money to buy my new comp.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Cant* be ignored. Sigh. This is weekend will be awesome boring watching MK tornado you all to death. Syke come play on saturday. play brawl pick mk. Spam b and spot dodge downsmash. You'll beat 95% of people.

I LAG

Smash Lord
possible western sydney tournament on mothers day. anyone willing to go check in western sydney thread for details.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Do you still have a spare seat?

I currently live behind Emerald Lakes Golf Coarse/ Across the road from Carrara Stadium.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Umm I might come this weekend....

I have uni work to do on saturday and sunday is mother's day...

I'll pop over saturday night , to drop of dino's portable HD

EDIT: Apparently mothers day is the 2nd sunday in march

Coming to melee sunday...will bring josh and win doubles

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yay!
Thanks Rob ;)

Are you going to head back to the coast in the evening?
Cause I need to bail back anyway.

I gives you fuel monies, or Brawl/Melee practice.
(I'd choose fuel monies cause I'll give you practice anyway)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's Bob's house.

Peverell Street, Browns Plains.
I forget the street number, though, you should be able to remember which one it is.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@Rob:
I'll play Melee with you all day.

@Hotdog: It has 3 1's in it.
Hillcrest not Browns Plains (ya won't find it otherwise :( )
Buzz my phone if you have any questions.

Its not a tournament, just a meet with a possibility of a tournament....:dizzy:

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ahh kk, who want's to pick me and Ricky up? I'll shout fuel money =P, if not I'll bus it.

Edit: Got my Rudd money so I have enough dosh saved up to buy a car, then I can finally get to/take people to meets and tourneys -_-

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I can pick up anthony and ghost, moose could you be at anthony's place, because that could make the trip a bit shorter, i have to go to broadbeach first to pick up ryan so it's a pretty round trip haha.

i dont need fuel moneys, just smash practice is good :p

Sweet deal bob. melee all day!

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Hey should be going tomorrow gonna be bussin it in to grand plaza if possible i was wondering if i could snag a lift from there to Bobs? Thanks

Hotdog

Smash Lord
J-birds, you're friends with Ricky Rozo? if he's coming come to my place and I got a mate who's willing to take us there if we shout fuel money.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Hey Hotdog that would be awesome if its not too late to snag a lift i can pitch in for fuel money. Ill try and get on to Ricky in the morning or something or get him to call me.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
PM me your number, I'll call you in the morning, I can't get a hold of him right now.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Ryan I'll try to be at your house around 9:00-9:30, then we should get to Ghosts place in like 10 mins, then hopefully itll take like an hour to get to browns plains after stopping at anthony's.

If everyone wants a lift back, I would like to leave at around 5. That gives me like 1:30 to drop everyone off if we make good tracks. sounds good?

If anyone has any trouble with that, SMS me, or post on here, I'll check on here in the morning before i leave.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
I woke up an hour ago.

I set my alarm by opening the window blinds and get a slap to the face by the sun.

From memory Ryan still lives around Coomera area, and I'm in Carrara (Nerang area, though I am somewhat close to the M1).

Either way, I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
I'm nocturnal, so I try to wake up before the sun comes up (4-5) and go to sleep early as possible.
My bedroom faces East so the sun slaps me in the face if I over sleep.

Today was fun.
I was surprised with myself, my Yoshi declined so much between QBB and Summer Smash it wasn't funny, yet it was somehow somewhat decent today (Sonic did the opposite to my Yoshi though).

I have to say my best match was my second match against Hot Dogs in the Pools, granted I failed by ground pounding too early and missed the ledge, IMO it could have gone either way if I didn't do that.

Worst match was against Moose in the Tournament, I swear I only meant to do the first one of those Egg Rolls (time to throw an egg....... ****ing EGG ROLL).

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Great meet guys, had heaps of fun. Go Moose, tearing it up in the mini-tourney taking out Me, Vyse and possibly Ryan if you didn't get bored and quit =P
Good to vs everyone again and get some more smash practice in.

And a special thanks for Bob and Dino for hosting the place and driving everyone around, much appreciated!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah go moose pro candiate for double partner right there and cao called him noob tsk tsk

i had fun wish i could have stayed longer but my hunger got the best of me XD

some really close matches @_@ nice to see lots of brisbane crew dudes aswell

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@Rob: We did play. About 2 or 4 matches.
Not enough though. :ohwell:
Look forward to your meets if ya end up being able to host them. :)

@Nick: Good stuff on Smash.
Funny stuff in Puzzle League.

@Everyone else:
It was heaps of fun, both games, If there is enough interest we could have another little one before AutumnSmash.
It helped a lot that I wasn't sick this time I reckon.
PantrySmash! :laugh:

The wall of Smash is coming along nicely now, will have to get photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom