• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queensland Power Rankings v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'll knock you out to 9th and get 10th myself, fegget. D:<

Edit:

Ohhh 28th is a Sundayy...
Well I guess I can go to that tournament.
It's somewhere in the City.
I'll sorta remember the way to go.
Maybe.
Cbf.
I'll go to play FRIENDLAYSSS.
'Cause I don't need to PAY FOR ENTRY UNLIKE SOME OTHER PLACE ZZZ!!!

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
nuu i wana stay 10th ><. I can play fox now =D no more falcon. Got better... can tech now lots. Moon walk with fox/falco yeah =D

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
all he does is stand there and look manly. and knee of death people. and falcon punch people. ZOMG WHY DID I QUIT HIM D:

Sirias

Smash Champion
Falcon is harder to use against every other top character (except Peach).
That's what makes him so fun AND good to watch when people play him.
I think I'm gonna start using him ALL TIME. <3
Though I admit he's pretty meh compared to the other characters.
Foxy is still the kyuuutest and ssseeexxx(iest). C:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Edit: I guess there's no harm in leaving it open.

Seeing as Scrubs probably hasn't much attention to this in a while I'll leave it up to you guys to take it upon yourselves to start another panel.

I'd like you guys to consider a new panel/nominate yourselves for one.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Josh should totally be on the panel. he's experienced and played pretty much everybody. also imo he doesn't really have bias toward or against people. or at least not as much as the rest of us XD

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll start a new thread... Seeing as i'm always here. I was going to make it the first time but ryan beat me to it... Then scrubs...

So... I'm looking for 2-3 panelist per game, it'd be helpful if people had knowledge of both games but not nessacary.

Start nominating people folks!

Brawl:
Hotdog
J-birds
Vyse

Melee:
?
?
?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree. We don't really need one. All they do is cause *****ing. We don't even use this one.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
PR's are good because they promote competitiveness. Simple as that. The *****ing is what we want to produce. That is the goal, it is a good thing. People will play to get better, that is the whole idea. Players within the PR will fight for top spots, and players below it will fight to be recognized.

Debating what qualities should be considered, what aspects of performance, what counts and what doesn't is all a very good thing. It's a good indication of a scene that cares about how good it rates itself against its own players.

Scott, let's just do a Brawl one.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I have never heard anyone say "I want to do good at this tournament because I want to move up the PR list" in Queensland.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
*Shrug* Pretty sure players like Dif and Kami are keen on moving up the ranks, just from reading their posts. I don't know what you're reading.

It's not something you need to read or hear anyway. It's an extra incentive and recognition to strive to be the best.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea... I hardly hear people wanting to move up the PR, they just want to play smash lol

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
yeah. Dif wants to rise up in the ranks XD
Dif'll ****ing stab you to rise up in the ranks if you're looking the wrong way.

i support there being a PR. why? just cause i like them.

EDIT: i actually hear people say they want to rise up in the ranks a fair bit. although i do admit it's usually new players, and we probably don't NEED one. they're just fun and interesting.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Who reads a PR and goes " oh yeer I'm 5th I'm sooo goooood". Everyone wants to be numba 1, and they know who the best players are. PR's are for tards who will never be #1 yet require some sort of closure.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
I disagree. yes, everyone knows who's best. but people naturally want to create a hierarchy and see who's better than who and have it down on paper (or text as it may be). it's just natural. people always say "blah blah is better than blah blah" the PR is just a pseudo-physical representation of that tendency.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You guys are free to view a PR in that way, but as long as players like Dif disagree, I'm all for a power ranking :)

The fact that we're just debating it right now is exactly what I want :p

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
But when you get below kas and ryan, things start to get interesting. there's less and less distinction between rob, you, ben and bryce as the recent tournies go by for instance. if bryce and rob go against each other it's not just a plain "yeah, rob will win". otherwise tournies wouldn't exist at all cause we'd all know exactly who would win.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well said Dif. Things can fluctuate all too easily, and like I said, it's a good incentive for good players to try to overcome better players, and for better players to consistently get better to keep their spots.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
I've only seen you in one tournament recently, where you lost to rob. what else should i be basing your current skill level on? as somebody who doesn't know anything about smash before 2009

Sieg

Smash Champion
You should listen to me, your older study buddy. Someone who has been here alot longer than most people.

Also Zac joined around then too. Listen to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom