• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queensland Competitive Crew Compendium Callout: Subdividing SEqld by area? any ideas?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If someone is going to be awesomely mad and make an official 'Smashers of QLD' map, then they should just use a key. Put different coloured shapes representing a person. Like a Orange Square be Vyse, and just put that square around GC, then put they key on the side. Would look alot neater.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
brisbane pisses roads in every direction from central, there should be a closer view on the metro area.

by the way im gonna say this once, if anyone is looking for a crew to join, my friend and i are thinking of forming one. i live very close to the brisbane CBD, so if anyone can get to the city central easily, then you can make it to my place easily. i'm not fussed about skill, i'm just trying to offer an easy round-up for brisbane peeps who are running around aimlessly. and i know paff is reasonably interested, but we need more than just 3 of us. i strongly put this offer out to anyone who doesn't mind travelling as this would be an easy set-up for a crew. even if you're enquiring how it might go, just pm me or anything, i don't care, just show some interest if you got any.

we're in a capital city of 2 million people. and (so far) i can see one solid crew amongst it. and a whole bunch of rogues. just throw one gathering and another crew isn't hard to grasp.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
brisbane city is fine for me, i might contact u when i dont have some much uni work.

there are websites where the individual just adds markers with label to the map. this has no hassle of uploading the pic or editing in paint =P

Paff

Smash Journeyman
we're in a capital city of 2 million people. and (so far) i can see one solid crew amongst it. and a whole bunch of rogues. just throw one gathering and another crew isn't hard to grasp.
Oh hey, "Gathering of Rogues" might make a half-decent crew name. Although people might think it was meant to be all serious and cool. But shortening it to GoR would work out well..

@Arrow: When do you think you'll have time for crew things?

EDIT: If someone could add me to the map, in Taringa, I'd be much obliged.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
yeah im tied down with uni assignments too. wait for 5 weeks when it will all be over, and i'm free as free can be.

lol yes GoR sounds cool until they find out what it means. perhaps a silly name might be more memorable? but that something we can sort out once we're in the same room, coz honestly thats the important bit, just grouping us randoms together first. then the formalities can be decided then.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@Arrow and MaCa:

I'd be up for a gathering next weekend, to talk about crew-formation and/or just to play Smash. Assuming you guys will have enough time.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
yeah saturday in the day time would be fine for me. all day sunday works better though. but whatever arrow and whoever else is good with.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
alright well do either of you two wanna host it at your place? because i can make it my place by default, it's close to the city. unless more people without a crew decide to get involved with meeting up in brisbane then we won't need more than one TV.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, my place isn't too well-suited for such a thing - I've got housemates that like peace and quiet, and I wouldn't want to bother them. I could bring my Wii along to the meet if needed, though.

At the rate things are going, it looks like there are three of us in Taringa/Indooroopilly, so it might be best to have it there? But where we meet isn't nearly as important as that we meet.

Should we all just plan on saturday (the 18th) for now?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
If someone is going to be awesomely mad and make an official 'Smashers of QLD' map, then they should just use a key. Put different coloured shapes representing a person. Like a Orange Square be Vyse, and just put that square around GC, then put they key on the side. Would look alot neater.
Yeah, that would be cool, I was just getting the ball rolling. ;)

Also, Gathering of Rouges is an awesome name!
Please don't abbreviate it though, as a full name it is cool!

The we can make references to Skies of Arcadia and Rouge Squadron.
Ooh, and have names like Rouge Leader, Rouge 5, etc, just thinking out loud, WEOEWWW!!!

Paff

Smash Journeyman
DJ Cat, are you living in/near Brisbane and needing a crew (and therefore likely to be joining this hypothetical crew that may or may not be called Gathering of Rogues)? With you, I think that'd be six people.

Also, for the gathering on the 25th: I'll definitely come to it. Where should we have it?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
@DJCat: Hey mate, when Uni finishes around Mid-November would you be in Toowoomba at any point. I've got holidays then, and I was wondering whether as smash-up was possible. Let me know tho!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, that would be cool, I was just getting the ball rolling. ;)

Ooh, and have names like Rouge Leader, Rouge 5, etc, just thinking out loud, WEOEWWW!!!
Wait

Wait

Wait

Wait

The we can make references to Skies of Arcadia
Wait

Skies of Arcadia
If there's to be a Skies of Arcadia crew, count me in.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
DJ Cat, are you living in/near Brisbane and needing a crew (and therefore likely to be joining this hypothetical crew that may or may not be called Gathering of Rogues)? With you, I think that'd be six people.

Also, for the gathering on the 25th: I'll definitely come to it. Where should we have it?

My place, but we'll need someone to bring another TV. This is unless Arrow wants to have it as his place, I think I remember him saying he had 6 TVs or something?

My house isn't overly spacious either, but I'm only putting it out there simply because its easy to get to and I got no problem with hosting it hey.

GoR is an awesome name, and it may sound unoriginal but its still original simply there's no other 'gathering of rogues' or a similar named crew around (I think haha). Maybe we could change 'Rogues' to something else with a similar meaning (cause its essentially what it is)? Wanderers? Nomads? Maybe switch 'Gathering' to something else like collaboration or something? The Nomad Collaborators? I dunno, just throwing ideas out there, haha.

Ahahahahahah how about Nomad Magic (like that basketball team Orlando Magic I think it was?) sigh I'm a tool.

EDIT: some guy called -kickflip- on here wants to come along too, so yeah that makes 7. my mate just had 50-50 plans so lets just say 6 for now. whatever happens on the day happens, turn-out wise.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
kk here's a quick simple map of where my place is:
(keep in my mind this is assuming you've headed into the city)
i'll probably be calling for all of you to meet up with me in the city anyway, depending on how many of you plan to go at the same time *shrug*

MaCa

Smash Cadet
yeah there is that bus also. i'll try and get everyone to meet in the city at the same time so we don't have to stick around there for long.

-Kickflip-

Smash Rookie
Brissy Meet

hey there ...cool first post ever, anyways ill be definately be comin to your meet Maca, just wondering what time to meet in the city. Ill be free for most of the day.

Top Bottom