• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queensland Competitive Crew Compendium Callout: Subdividing SEqld by area? any ideas?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
crews are not necessarily created as a by-product of geography, but the similar interests or groups people below to.
Didn't milktea once create a crew for Yaoi lovers?

My Names never spelt right =(
My bad.

I agree with all the points stated. Crews are usually organically created (love that analogy) and area has to be a factor.

So Ive updated the first post to include current crews and just a general statement about what to do. flame all you want, im trying to do the right thing.

How do we go about subdividing SE qld? what if say, I want to still remain GC (for arguments sake)?

we need to get some sort of criteria for breaking it up, yet still have it somewhat fair, if that makes sense.
As I said, geographical location is a rough guide of how to decide who to join. Obviously, the crew you want to join is one you can practice with regularly without too much hassle. But there can always be exceptions to the rule. Your exception is that you were originally a GC'er, and founding member of our crew.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
My Names never spelt right =(
its even worse when its copyed wrong after complaining :laugh:

But umm about breaking it up. I dunno the area ideas sound good but both Brisbane and Gold Coast are huge. how do you break it up further? need l33t photo shop skills for someone to do up a map with areas shaded different colors and then put little tabs on the crew location and people location. This way everyone could see whos closest making it easier to meet up and ****

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the regions would need to be colored, they'd just need to mark the locations of all of the people - that's all that'd really be needed to see who lives near who. Probably just have numbers on the map and then a reference below with which person corresponds with which number. And then the person-markers could be colored to denote crew or something?

I think it could work, although it'd need someone who was willing to do all the work for a long time.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
I can do the job.

I'll need a feed of data about everyone's suburb and basic placement in that actual suburb (not the precise street, eff trying to pinpoint it that much). I'll piece together 2 large images encompassing the Gold Coast and Brisbane metropolitan areas; those living in more regional areas that I don't cover, you need to tell me your location so I can extend the map. I could make something more dynamic (i.e Flash) but this is much quicker and we can all deal with scrolling around some big *** 4k resolution image I'm sure.

Paff is correct, we don't need to use colour coded indications, just perhaps a unique 3 digit number for each person. So locate yourself on the map and see the other numbers, match up the names, happy days, pretty self explanatory. Obviously once crews get sorted out then we could add some more detail to the whole thing. But keeping it simple for now is the best option I reckon.

I'll host the map on my blog, with a link that can be permanently kept here or something. Its faster for me to update it that way and all you guys can check it out/download it whenever you wish.

Sounds alright?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think it's an awesome idea.
But the thing is, is that it's just making things more complicated than it needs to be.

Find a group of people you like to smash with.
Form a crew.
Or join an existing group of people.

Use this thread as a kind of home base.

Still, if you want to go ahead with it MaCa, all the more power to you.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
I think it's an awesome idea.
But the thing is, is that it's just making things more complicated than it needs to be.

Find a group of people you like to smash with.
Form a crew.
Or join an existing group of people.

Use this thread as a kind of home base.

Still, if you want to go ahead with it MaCa, all the more power to you.

Well I'm more keen on just finding a group and joining it to be perfectly honest. I was thinking a map would seem necessary if the demand was strong for it. Everyone seems rather unorganised about what they're gonna do though, or what their interests are.

If this thread is a potential homebase, then we probably don't need a map. There must be several existing groups out there already. In a capital city no less.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
The only reason i suggested a map was so it would give a good clue to where everyone is as in travel time and such and even routs to peoples houses if need be. And that way you would just have everyone on one thing that you could look back at all the time.

Personally id just liek to find more smashers closer. Id love to hang with Antho/Aaron/doug and all them more but living a bit away makes it hard. the only person i know who is sorta close i think is Ben.

So anyone near Redcliffe? Give me a yell
MSN-l3oOkeR_@hotmail.com.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I don't mind Yokai, I reckon Toowoomba will uncover some smashers sooner or later, I'm staying positive. The only thing is that GC is so big will they be dividing up teams for the sake of fairness? Same with Brissy I guess.
P.S. I think we should definitely devote a whole day to these 'tribe' battles or whatever we call them.

P.P.S. I am thinking of organising a road trip up to Toowoomba one day if anyone wants to visit.

P.P.P.S Shotgun being Toowoomba rep if we divide seqld into area lol

Yokai

Smash Ace
LOL, greeny has dibs on it, his sonic can lead the way hahaha.

OK, I think vyse, we need to be MORE organised than we are now, but not to extremes.

So here is a comprimise.

All crews who want to form, or exist. Post your Details in this thread. I will update first page with them.

I need: Crew names

rough area of crew

crew motto (can be a joke motto)

Crew members/screen names.

then we can start organising crew battles ftw. Or have my tribal tounry, either or.

and awesome day today guys, QBB was rockin.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Also it should be noted that not every smasher and his dog should create a crew, if someone is near you and making a crew, join theirs...I just dont want this to turn into a lame "lets make clans" thread. :036:

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Well, in the case of whatever we end up doing, I'm looking to join a crew and I live in Taringa. And I'm not from around here and so far don't know any other people here who play Smash so I can't form a crew myself with people I know.

MaCa

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm looking to join a crew too, I live in Kelvin Grove. I don't really care who lives where roughly in Brisbane, I just want to round up with the person who has the most accessible place to meet up, because I don't have myself a car. For example, if there was a guy smack bang in the middle of his suburb a couple over from me, and another bloke on the other side of town down in Rocklea or some **** and he lives right next to a bus station or something, I'd prefer to chase up the Rocklea bloke.

*Shrug* Pretty simple, really. I don't mind sitting on a bus for 30-45 minutes if I don't have to lug my gear around for too long.

EDIT: Having said that, it might be helpful for all of us to post how accessible our places are.

My place: Inner city suburb 10 minutes (if that) from city central, 10 minute walk from nearest public transport stop (which is a bus stop).

This way we could at least decide who has the most appropriate place and go from there. Don't be a moron and post your location if you're not comfortable with having your crew over, obviously.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lorl.
Spam.

I wrote a massive long message then realised:
Wait.
I don't even want to be in a crew!
I'LL BE MY OWN FKIN CREW!

Can I do that? c:

MaCa

Smash Cadet
this appears to be a thread for connecting people into teams so i don't really understand why you're posting here in the first place.

EDIT: sounds good tho ^_^

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Lorl.
Spam.

I wrote a massive long message then realised:
Wait.
I don't even want to be in a crew!
I'LL BE MY OWN FKIN CREW!

Can I do that? c:
Ill pay you in sex if i can join your crew???????? Ill even dress up as Kira for you

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Also it should be stated (and probably already implied) that if anyone hears about another Wombat Smasher on these boards or IRL, time must be stopped and I must be contacted. Can't stop time? You better learn... As far as our crew goes, I think I'll drop out of this until we recruit some more people other than me. Plus I am not sure I have the skills atm. I need to improve my hog befre I start running into battles. Itll probably be a little while before these 'tribes' wateva organise a meet so we'll see.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Also it should be stated (and probably already implied) that if anyone hears about another Wombat Smasher on these boards or IRL, time must be stopped and I must be contacted. Can't stop time? You better learn... As far as our crew goes, I think I'll drop out of this until we recruit some more people other than me. Plus I am not sure I have the skills atm. I need to improve my hog befre I start running into battles. Itll probably be a little while before these 'tribes' wateva organise a meet so we'll see.
if you want you can be apart of ours for now? That way if you get a chance to come down here you can play with us. and if there is a "Tribe" Battle you will have someone to play with?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i'll think about it booker, it is a very good idea tho.

This thread shud b called C.R.E.W.

Crew
Recruitment
Essentials
Wing.

I was runnin out of ideas by the time i got to W but it has a ring and a sweet abbrev.
:036:

Yokai

Smash Ace
i'll think about it booker, it is a very good idea tho.

This thread shud b called C.R.E.W.

Crew
Recruitment
Essentials
Wing.

I was runnin out of ideas by the time i got to W but it has a ring and a sweet abbrev.
Hahaha I might look into that lol.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
oh **** well is it closer than gold coast =P

and how about W for Win... or Work... or aWesome... or Wonderment... or Weeklies.. :S
erm probably equal if not a little bit closer. Taking a train wouldnt be to bad.2 Trains and a Bus. or if you Drive its about an Hour away

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

crew Application

crew Name: Tbarricade or Wombat Crew

crew Captain: greenstreet

crew Members:

-greenstreet (sonic)
-ace (mr. Game And Watch)
-scorer (ike)
-dan Metcalf* (pikachu)

*[size="1"has Expressed Interest But Not Confirmed...[/size]

[size="1"]currently Recruiting/searching....[/size]

crew Motto: ...tba

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to create a new crew, that would so far include me and the other Chris (djkaion) ^^
[I'm in Robina, and he is in Surfers]
Dont forget me i live 5 mins from you? Im closer than djkaion.
Although if me and you were in the same crew it would probably be the end of crews.
Meh deal with it.

Gotta love more input from kas about how he doesnt want to play/be in a crew. =.=

Syke is right about the whole each memeber needs their own thread. This is becoming a joke. There is about 10 qld threads now.

Also i think crews should be limited to 4-5 people. (effective input in the designed thread!?!? NO FAWKING WAI)

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I always thought u were part of ward or whatever >.<
Anyway, if you're so close, come teach me melee and I'll play u in Brawl =D
Actually, even better - some1 organise a smash fest and I'll come on the weekend =)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Are there any smashers up near sunshine coast/maryborough area?

If so... smashlan maybe???
Time for someone to do something useful. :bee:
I present the Smash map!

Feel free to edit yourself in.

Might help with stuff.

I'd be happy to go up to Sunshine Coast area for Smash. But we shall keep that discussion to another page.

EDIT: Yes, it lacks Gold Coast detail sorry.
And too much North of Sunshine Coast detail, but it does show how far Maryborough is away!
And Wombat to an extent.

Top Bottom