• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
If anything, Medusa's side cleavage is the problem.

Sure the trophy was unedited, but that's because it was a low poly model.
With Snake and Zero Suits bodies getting nerfed in specific areas I believe Medusa's side boob could definitely get a hard nerf. I mean it doesn't effect gameplay but imo why fix what isn't broken?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
With Snake and Zero Suits bodies getting nerfed in specific areas I believe Medusa's side boob could definitely get a hard nerf. I mean it doesn't effect gameplay but imo why fix what isn't broken?
Blame the CERO and their strict standards for A rated games in Japan.

Even Sakurai complains about censorship ironically

iam8bit

Smash Ace
sorry for late reply i just came back from military but no i havent made yet and i probably wouldnt because my free time is now less i just have few days until i dissappear again online i wish i had enough time to do more
No worries, man. Thanks for the ones you've made so far, yours were my favorites when I was choosing. And I hope everything's going well with you.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Good news! We've managed to gab on so long that when the threads are organised by reply number, we're at the bottom of the first page. Let's keep it up!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
been interested on Kid Icarus villains for a long while, especially good ol' Medusa

I'm up for Medusa, especially when Echo Fighters are the perfect way to get your favorite choice into the roster with little problems on how unlikely they are to be in the project planning or how much hype the character would drive for a major reveal.
a Hades reveal would be a cherry on top, giving us two of our favorite Kid Icarus villains into the roster.

as a matter of fact, i been looking to spend some time on conceptualizing a Echo Fighter moveset for characters like Ninten, Giygas, and Medusa.
now just using 3DS CFW/built-in screenshots for the references i need
this surely mean nothing, but just so you know

somebody pointed out, in a really godawful 4chan /v/ thread full of detractors, that this may be same case to Shulk's VA, Adam Howden. (liking tweets that are asking if they have a role in the newest Smash game featuring that debuting character's voicing.)

its still vague and suspicious but its a good discovery. I really want to see our big girl in HD.

talking about that thread again...

I hate how detractors are claiming Medusa shouldn't be in, even as an echo, because she's just a conglomerate copy based on the original's memories of her undying hatred or her source material won't blend well into echoing Ultimate Palutena, and how she's an inferior villain to Hades even jabbing that she's "old news".

First of all, its a spinoff crossover about trophies. "Canon rules" don't strictly apply here and Sakurai's willing to give liberties to any character in consideration for a fighter role.
Second, being a clone copy didn't stop characters like Ridley (who's actually gone for good since Super Metroid) joining and even based his new Smash design on his clone's design in Other M and his iconic Super Metroid appearance. It all bunks down to an attempt to loophole an argument that she's not a recurring character or relevant to her series.
Third, being the "better" or "most current" character doesn't neuter another character's chances as well. It's like saying Lord Fredrik should be in first because "he did everything K.Rool does in superior ways, plus Snomads > Kremlings" or Sylux being the most recurred or more talked Metroid Prime antagonist while Dark Samus is being officially shelved as completed and old news.

really. its like people have this sort of mindset that a character getting in wouldn't favor the other, so they whip up samey debunked arguments to retaliate to that fear. there's more people wanting both Hades and Medusa even Viridi than having one of the other because they don't like it.

Machete

Smash Ace
Oh man I remember wishing they had done the Palutena clone with different standard specials back in Smash 4, and I had sort of forgotten all about it until recently, so totally count me in on the Medusa support boat. I don't think she'll make it in, sadly, but I'd be totally stoked if she did. Only problem I see is that her snake hair might be a big too much work for an echo, but what the hell, if they redid so many of Dark Samus' animations, then surely some swirly hair cannot be that impossible, right?

Let us hope. She is way too cool to be forgotten, her design is awesome, and we need a legit female villain.

Just a question about her Final Smash. I am sure most of us would agree that she'd need to transform into her ugly head form for it, but how do you reckon they would do it? Echoes don't seem to get such big flashy Final Smashes and this one would require a brand new model.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Just a question about her Final Smash. I am sure most of us would agree that she'd need to transform into her ugly head form for it, but how do you reckon they would do it? Echoes don't seem to get such big flashy Final Smashes and this one would require a brand new model.
her head would transform into Monstrous Medusa and shoot a giant dark red beam at her foes like Mega Laser
then it reverts back to her pretty ol' gorgon face
a bit of an easy job if you ask me since they have the assets for it

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I just realised something. Earlier I saw some jokingly complain that Palutena's dress has been changed to show less leg. But what if it was changed so it was more similar to Medusa's look?
There really isnt any change to Palutena's outfit, and og character's attires really have no effect on their echos tbh.. Chrom's attire is nothing like Roy's attire so it would really have no effect on Medusa's attire.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Only problem I see is that her snake hair might be a big too much work for an echo, but what the hell, if they redid so many of Dark Samus' animations, then surely some swirly hair cannot be that impossible, right?
They've already animated snake hair for the Castlevania Medusa.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
After seeing her artwork I really want her in as an echo. Especially if her snakes are animated and their eyes pop out like Donkey Kong when she gets hit. It would amuse me greatly. It would also be nice to have fenale villain in the roster.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just a thought, if Medusa (or Viridi for that matter) gets in, that would make Kid Icarus the only series to have more characters than games.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Just a thought, if Medusa (or Viridi for that matter) gets in, that would make Kid Icarus the only series to have more characters than games.
Considering it feels like we are just one game away from Captain Falcon having been in more Smash Games than F-Zero games I think I can live with that.

Had a thought today: How would you have Medusa presented in fight? I mean, while Palutena's taunts feel like her really enjoying herself with poledancing and gracefully swinging her staff while fighting against brutal space dragons, explosive expert spies and a menacingly laughing dog, what would Medusa do?
At least one taunt has to be her petting one of the snakes in her hair (preferably the orange one since that one is the alpha snake in my headcanon) but would Medusa also fight gracefully or more ferocious? Maybe they could almost have her be like a siren - beautiful and acting gracefully until you are too close to her and she rips your skin off your body and feasts on your heart. I think that would add some character to her and it also would be something that people would remember her for.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Considering it feels like we are just one game away from Captain Falcon having been in more Smash Games than F-Zero games I think I can live with that.

Had a thought today: How would you have Medusa presented in fight? I mean, while Palutena's taunts feel like her really enjoying herself with poledancing and gracefully swinging her staff while fighting against brutal space dragons, explosive expert spies and a menacingly laughing dog, what would Medusa do?
At least one taunt has to be her petting one of the snakes in her hair (preferably the orange one since that one is the alpha snake in my headcanon) but would Medusa also fight gracefully or more ferocious? Maybe they could almost have her be like a siren - beautiful and acting gracefully until you are too close to her and she rips your skin off your body and feasts on your heart. I think that would add some character to her and it also would be something that people would remember her for.
I think graceful in a meanacing "you are so beneath me" kind of what with hints of a more maniacal side like an evil laugh taunt.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sorry, I'm gonna make a quick response. About censorship, I believe that the dress can cover more. I should look at Bayonetta during her wicked weaves.

About taunts and personality, I really want her to pet the orange one like you suggest lurxy. Also something like her unobtainable Idol from Uprising: https://youtu.be/Hm1kUz_Ia2Y?t=138

And a laugh, maybe? I mean, the laugh in the boss fight intro is a reason why I love Medusa. Or something like the second or fifth portrait.
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/File:Medusas'_Portraits.png

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Medusa was the most serious character in Kid Icarus and I wouldn’t see that change here. So I expect evil laughing and mocking, but she’d also certainly get something seductive so the “stroking snake hair” taunt is something they can definitely go with.

Personally I’d like it if her general composture and demeanor was full of confidence and arrogance but her attack animations and a few others showed a more desperate, brutal side. Be it ignorance of her own resurrection, frustration over Palutena and/or Hades, I’d love it they somehow captured that despite her cool, above-it-all exterior, she is angry that not everything is under control, not even herself. So while you have fellow sexy domme-like Bayonetta always doing what she wants, fighting for the heck of it and showing off while summoning demons; Medusa is elegant and graceful but hates that she needs to be fighting at all and is so angry at everyone else she’ll literally rip her head off if that can make her win.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
I see Medusa's main attitude being spite. She's salty about what Palutena did to her in the past, that's basically the core of her character, so I expect to see a bitter Medusa, who just wants to cause as much pain and chaos as possible. She's gotta blow off all that salt steam

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry, I'm gonna make a quick response. About censorship, I believe that the dress can cover more. I should look at Bayonetta during her wicked weaves.

About taunts and personality, I really want her to pet the orange one like you suggest lurxy. Also something like her unobtainable Idol from Uprising: https://youtu.be/Hm1kUz_Ia2Y?t=138

And a laugh, maybe? I mean, the laugh in the boss fight intro is a reason why I love Medusa. Or something like the second or fifth portrait.
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/File:Medusas'_Portraits.png
RIP Sideboob, it will happen since this game is rated E+10 again.

And yeah, I expect Sakurai to coo all out on her bitter, evil, and belittling character when she's an Echo. To show that she is truly one of Pit's darkest foes, well, Hades is still dark despite being this massive goofball.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
enjoy this art of medusa dabbing I cooked up for when she makes it in as an echo

I will scream with joy if shes added. Also Medusa legit seems so likely rn when it comes to echoes! Very few characters are competiting with her when it comes to realistic choices

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
enjoy this art of medusa dabbing I cooked up for when she makes it in as an echo

I will scream with joy if shes added. Also Medusa legit seems so likely rn when it comes to echoes! Very few characters are competiting with her when it comes to realistic choices

Someone juxtapose this with that Viridi art of her clutching her head.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
I've been lurking here for a while now. Medusa has been my most wanted newcomer since the Wii U days, but when Ultimate was first announced, my expectations for her getting in were rather low due Kid Icarus being irrelevant for a while now. But with emphasis on echo fighters and the whole villains motif going on, my hopes are at an all time high. While I would prefer for her to have a unique moveset, her making it in as an echo of Palutena is totally fine by me (especially since I mained her in the last game haha). So add me to the support list!

Also

ask and you shall recieve

This is the best thing I've seen all day thank you

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I would REALLY like an HD port of Kid Icarus: Uprising on Switch. But this time with non-crappy cramp inducing controls. Such a great game tainted by lackluster controls. Made me not want to go back and re-play it if I'm being honest. That being said if I could have an 8 player match with Medusa, K.Rool, Ridley, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser Jr., and Dark Samus. I would die a happy man.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
I would REALLY like an HD port of Kid Icarus: Uprising on Switch. But this time with non-crappy cramp inducing controls. Such a great game tainted by lackluster controls. Made me not want to go back and re-play it if I'm being honest. That being said if I could have an 8 player match with Medusa, K.Rool, Ridley, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser Jr., and Dark Samus. I would die a happy man.
Honestly all they would have to do is make the reticle movable with the right analog stick and it would be fine.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I dont think that matters, but I do see Kid Icarus getting another character to balance things out and it seems they are doing just that as seen with Metroid and Donkey Kong Country and seems we are getting villains to add to these underepresented series. Tbh I look at the the Kid Icarus roster and it kind of looks awkward with Pit and Palutena with Dark Pit.. Needs a villain and Medusa just so happens to be that villain and is reconized as the goddess of darkness to counterpart Palutena's title of the goddess of light, another thing worth mentioning the vs mode from Uprising called Light vs Dark and seeing Dark Pit added as Pit's dark counterpart kind of matches this theme so add Palutena's dark counterpart Medusa and the Kid Icarus characters would be balanced perfectly with their villain included.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm of the mind that 4 characters is the perfect number for a series, or at least one with a consistent cast.

There'll never be an end to Pokemon or Fire Emblem characters.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Medusa was the most serious character in Kid Icarus and I wouldn’t see that change here. So I expect evil laughing and mocking, but she’d also certainly get something seductive so the “stroking snake hair” taunt is something they can definitely go with.

Personally I’d like it if her general composture and demeanor was full of confidence and arrogance but her attack animations and a few others showed a more desperate, brutal side. Be it ignorance of her own resurrection, frustration over Palutena and/or Hades, I’d love it they somehow captured that despite her cool, above-it-all exterior, she is angry that not everything is under control, not even herself. So while you have fellow sexy domme-like Bayonetta always doing what she wants, fighting for the heck of it and showing off while summoning demons; Medusa is elegant and graceful but hates that she needs to be fighting at all and is so angry at everyone else she’ll literally rip her head off if that can make her win.
A good way to do that would be to replace some of Palutena's aerial kicks with claw slashes. She'd have to make more exaggerated, crazy motions to do so.

I like to think that by the end of Uprising, if she were ever to revive again, she'd have a huge identity crisis, followed by guilt, wondering if all her hatred towards Pit & Palutena was simply engineered by Hades, from the very beginning. And it's likely, too. Who's gonna keep the Underworld in check with no god watching over it? It's clear that it's important with it's soul circulation.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
We have a few options tbh when it comes to her being an echo

Option 1 : Aside from visual effects shes the same
Option 2 : Her Bair/DA are different
Option 3 : Her specials are Palutenas other specials from smash 4
Option 4 : Shes the same aside from visual effects and animations

Luminario

Smash Lord
If anything, Medusa's side cleavage is the problem.

Sure the trophy was unedited, but that's because it was a low poly model.
A simple sewing up of the side like they did with Palutena's dress slit should fix that issue right up.
A good way to do that would be to replace some of Palutena's aerial kicks with claw slashes. She'd have to make more exaggerated, crazy motions to do so.

I like to think that by the end of Uprising, if she were ever to revive again, she'd have a huge identity crisis, followed by guilt, wondering if all her hatred towards Pit & Palutena was simply engineered by Hades, from the very beginning. And it's likely, too. Who's gonna keep the Underworld in check with no god watching over it? It's clear that it's important with it's soul circulation.
The only aerial that really needs to be heavily altered is probably fair for a Wolf claw attack, she could trade horizontal range for more vertical range there. Dair could just use her staff to swipe underneath her (since that's what I thought Palutena was doing all this time until recently).

Since Greek Mythology heavily inspires Kid Icarus, I can see the Titans being introduced in a sequel that has all the goddesses work together against them. Hopefully they could even be playable alongside Pit.

Also she needs unique victory quotes against Pit and Palutena. For Pit I was thinking "Palutena's precious little pet, grounded forever" and for Palu "Revenge is so sweet" as references to Medusa's Revenge anime short.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About aerials, Fair could be a horizontal claw instead of vertical to be more similar to Palutena (it would be an echo after all)

For Dair, the animation could be more like Zelda.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Its so weird how a few months ago legit no one would expect medusa
and now all of a sudden a lot of people are expecting her

kinda crazy

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Its so weird how a few months ago legit no one would expect medusa
and now all of a sudden a lot of people are expecting her

kinda crazy

The power of echoes and realizing that clones can add a character.

Top Bottom