• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Interesting that they put the enphasis on her "keep away" playstyle, explosive flame indeed goes along that.

Being shown now doesn't really mean something by the way, Chrom had an article before Lucina, and Roy / Robin have no article yet. Ridley was there before Samus, ect... It's seemingly random for the most part.
That does indeed line up with how she fights in Uprising... and now that I think about it, Medusa too. Almost literally pushing Pit away, only when she gets truly desperate does she start chasing after him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Looking back, thinking about the Medusa alt Palu has, that can easily be replaced with Palu's original KI colors somehow, though that's not to say she can't keep the outfit while Medusa gets an outfit based on Palu's colors, similar to what Pit and Dark Pit have regarding an outfit similar to the other. Plus considering Palu's hair is still green on her alts (well, from what we've seen anyways), that easily could be enough to set em apart.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That does indeed line up with how she fights in Uprising... and now that I think about it, Medusa too. Almost literally pushing Pit away, only when she gets truly desperate does she start chasing after him.
That's true! Let's hope this will help getting Medusa in Smash.

And most importantly, Samus had one right before the Direcr that confirmed Dark Samus
Let's hope that we get a direct soon, then. I do hope and believe that we will get our Smash direct before that Nintendo Live event in japan. Pure guts though, no special theory about this.

Looking back, thinking about the Medusa alt Palu has, that can easily be replaced with Palu's original KI colors somehow, though that's not to say she can't keep the outfit while Medusa gets an outfit based on Palu's colors, similar to what Pit and Dark Pit have regarding an outfit similar to the other. Plus considering Palu's hair is still green on her alts (well, from what we've seen anyways), that easily could be enough to set em apart.
Basically what happened to Marth 8th color, that was a Roy ref in Smash 4 but became a retro Marth alt in SSBU.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think any character who appeared on the Game Boy should have a game boy color scheme. Palutena could have an all green/all gray alt to replace Medusa's color schemes.

Machete

Smash Ace
Keep in mind Pit's Dark Pit alt now has black wings to make him look even more similar. For some reason. So while a removed alt is a good sign (lord knows I hope we don't see Diddy's Dixie colors), it doesn't really mean as much as it could. Especially with a character that looks so different as Medusa. Even in a very crowded battle, it'd be impossible to mistake Medusa for Palutena, even if they're wearing a dress of the same color. But if we somehow see a new Palutena alt, that will be a good sign!

Also, just for a different topic, assume Medusa is an echo and she gets a new Final Smash based on her true form. However, let's imagine that, much like Dark Pit's, this FS has to be based on another character's, who would you choose? I am thinking a reskinned Mewtwo or Ganondorf (in which she rips off her head, turns them into stone, then attacks) could work pretty well.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Keep in mind Pit's Dark Pit alt now has black wings to make him look even more similar. For some reason. So while a removed alt is a good sign (lord knows I hope we don't see Diddy's Dixie colors), it doesn't really mean as much as it could. Especially with a character that looks so different as Medusa. Even in a very crowded battle, it'd be impossible to mistake Medusa for Palutena, even if they're wearing a dress of the same color. But if we somehow see a new Palutena alt, that will be a good sign!
Yeah, basically I see things like this: absence of a color is way more meaningful than the presence of a color swap. Altered color is a thing too, like Fox's purple outfit losing the grey fur in favor of Wolf, or Marth losing his Roy color, while keeping something similar with his retro palette.

Also, just for a different topic, assume Medusa is an echo and she gets a new Final Smash based on her true form. However, let's imagine that, much like Dark Pit's, this FS has to be based on another character's, who would you choose? I am thinking a reskinned Mewtwo or Ganondorf (in which she rips off her head, turns them into stone, then attacks) could work pretty well.
If it's copying only, I'd say ZSS mostly for the laser (replace the ship with a big Medusa Head). I would even dare to say Megaman for the projectile + cinematic potential.

But to be honest, a copy & paste of Bowser would be fun too.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I just watched a video on Palutena's custom specials (usually played the game with default moves, and it's been a long time since I've even played the game so I don't remember the custom moves heaps well), and I'm really hoping that custom movesets are gone and Medusa is here in Smash Ultimate! She's my second most wanted semi-clone/Echo, now, behind Louie. Just take Palutena's custom specials from 4 and give her a little bit of changes and she'll be a great sight to see!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There's nothing to talk about...it's the reason why I haven't been that active in other threads of characters I support as well (Dixie, Captain Toad, and Bandana Dee).
Were in a dead zone of not having much to talk about
I also personally have doubts that shell be in at this point
Im just going to hope for Ken rn since he seems likely
Well, there's always leaks we could go over and speculate about. There was a leak that had Medusa in it that LaxChris covered on his Youtube channel a few hours ago.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's true that we don't have much to talk about. I mean, we have covered a lot of subjects already, about Medusa or KI in general... I believe that activity will come back when the next direct happen. Either for her inclusion or because the final newcomer is revealed... Let's hope for the best!

... We could at least talk (again) about that weird "where is KI" feelingin Ultimate. It stills surprise me that Reset Bomb Forest is one of the few stages with no screenshots at all, except for the stage page of the website of course. It's not the only one (Venom for example) but still. It's strange.

I would like to be added to the support list. Please ??
Added you to the list!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's always leaks we could go over and speculate about. There was a leak that had Medusa in it that LaxChris covered on his Youtube channel a few hours ago.
Yeah, but is anything LaxChris posts even worth talking about? I don’t mean to insult him personally, but he’ll cover any random leak you throw at him, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Machete

Smash Ace
There’s just nothing to discuss. No hints of a coming Direct or a trailer, no hints of new content in the blog, no mysterious pics on Twitter. What is there to discuss that we haven’t already?

Medusa’s reasons to be in as well as cons that might prevent it have been discussed ad nauseam. She’s a cool female villain from a series Sakurai revived but is not as popular as others.

Medusa’s moveset has been talked about at large. She would almost certainly be a Palutena echo with a few different properties in her attacks (such as changing shield bashes with claw swipes) and either re-skinned specials or hopefully standarized customs. Her Final Smash would involve her monster form and either stone-turning, laser-shooting, or both. Perhaps a punch.

Other random things? We’ve discussed her potential taunts, victory poses and themes, voice actress, changes to her model, alt colors... I guess we haven’t talked about her battle entrance?

There’s just been a lack of juicy info since 8.8 and so the discussion stagnates.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Can I be added to the supporter list?
(Why did I read this in TTS Dorn's voice?)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is true that things have been quiet, and there really isn't much to talk about at all. Honestly I've been sad in general with no new KI stuff around at all (except the Insight Staff as an item, which is old news). And I'm still waiting for a KI song to appear too. Just anything related to KI, but even that's dry. Palu being on the blog last week, but with no info at all isn't enough.

So yea, things have been dry, and we talked about just about everything we could about Medusa and KI stuff in general with the little info we've had. As some have said earlier, just waiting for the next Direct may at least spark something, which I would imagine it's in November at this rate, unless they dare do something next week.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
How about this - if Sakurai announced Medusa in Smash followed by a teaser for a new Kid Icarus game coming on Switch, what sort of role would you like Medusa to have in the new KI game? In Uprising she had a brief moment at the end where she was temporarily allied with Palutena and Pit against a common enemy - would you like to see more of that, or go back to the classic Palutena vs Medusa war again? Or something completely new?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
How about this - if Sakurai announced Medusa in Smash followed by a teaser for a new Kid Icarus game coming on Switch, what sort of role would you like Medusa to have in the new KI game? In Uprising she had a brief moment at the end where she was temporarily allied with Palutena and Pit against a common enemy - would you like to see more of that, or go back to the classic Palutena vs Medusa war again? Or something completely new?
I want whatever the game gives. If Hades returns, I'll be ecstatic, if Medusa is the new antagonist, that'd be awesome, if we get someone new, I'll be excited to be introduced to them! I can't imagine an outcome where a new Kid Icarus game could let me down.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see more of a potential alliance. It'd make her a recurring fixture in the story, maybe even flesh out her character. To say nothing of the possible banter between her & Palutena. Oh, the banter......:chuckle:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally would want a new antagonist to appear, where Medusa is reluctantly an ally of Skyworld once again, though Pit would keep a close eye on her. I do admit I'd like to see her without the snake hair sometimes, which I reckon Palu could change her back to such, mainly for perhaps saving Pit that one time? On one hand, we wouldn't have the original big bad in KI playing her role. On the other hand, we'd get to see a preview of what things were like when she and Palu ruled Skyworld together, kinda like a prequel moment before the original KI happened, especially since KI in general has so many open holes and questions waiting to be answered.

Something tells me she might betray them again, but I personally want em to just be allies, and see interaction goes. Come to think of it, I wonder what it'd be like if Medusa was the only available Goddess for a time to help Pit, like Viridi was once. I'm mostly curious because I'd like to see what Medusa's version of the halls would be. Like we got Palu's heavenly spot in the menu with its own theme, Viridi got the same except different theme and a more nature feel, and then there's wondering Medusa's version of that, and also interested in offering hearts to her as well.

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Guys, what do you think of the marketing box "leak" that was just revealed recently? This one seems credible compared to the other and unfortunately, Medusa is nowhere to be seen...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Medusa is nowhere but this a leak I somewhat want to believe. It don't think it's true yet but I don't know... The guy seems to be a real idiot (I mean, the commentary in french is really stupidly rude, being "f*** ninteno lollll" basically). And people found his profile on the net, and he doesn't really seems to be more bright, with lots of typos, ect...

For some reasons I want to believe it for that, that some idiot leaked it by accident :laugh:

To be honest, the list of characters isn't really for me, but it would be a great roster, pleasing many fans.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
To be honest, the list of characters isn't really for me, but it would be a great roster, pleasing many fans.
I agree with this none of those characters do it for me personally. I think only Chorus Kids I would try to pick up. Everyone else is "eh" but I can't complain because I did get :ultkrool::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultridley: those 7 right there are more than enough for base roster to me (assuming we get DLC). If we do get DLC I just hope Dixie, Medusa, Captain Toad, or Bandana Dee are among the obvious Spring-Man, newer Pokemon, and Rex/Pyra as 1st party DLC picks.

Machete

Smash Ace
I am on team real, although not too confidently so. The only thing I can hold back against the leak is that it's -too good to be true-, which doesn't seem like a fair argument when both the Smash Directs we've had about Ultimate were literally that for me. I can simply believe this is some marketing dude being careless much more than this being the most elaborate hoax we've ever seen.

The characters I wanted most at this point were probably Dixie Kong, Medusa and Black Knight, so I wish those could've been in, but the characters in this leak target different fandoms, different groups, while all being either popular requests or characters we know Sakurai planned at some point. Everything lines up too well, and it'd make too many people super happy. Including Isaac fans, who is basically the most wanted character of most of my real life friends, so I can't be anywhere near close to mad with this. It's a ton more characters than I was expecting, and most of them are pretty good picks.

Sadly, this would mean Medusa isn't in the base game, but we can still hope for the future. I am sure we'll get echoes as dlc (since I 100% believe that's how we'll get Octolings), and if that happens, Medusa can be chosen to be dlc, too. As always, the competition for full newcomer status will be much harder since characters like Spring-Man and Rex&Pyra will join in, but on the echo front there will still be few characters more viable than Medusa.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I personally would want a new antagonist to appear, where Medusa is reluctantly an ally of Skyworld once again, though Pit would keep a close eye on her. I do admit I'd like to see her without the snake hair sometimes, which I reckon Palu could change her back to such, mainly for perhaps saving Pit that one time? On one hand, we wouldn't have the original big bad in KI playing her role. On the other hand, we'd get to see a preview of what things were like when she and Palu ruled Skyworld together, kinda like a prequel moment before the original KI happened, especially since KI in general has so many open holes and questions waiting to be answered.

Something tells me she might betray them again, but I personally want em to just be allies, and see interaction goes. Come to think of it, I wonder what it'd be like if Medusa was the only available Goddess for a time to help Pit, like Viridi was once. I'm mostly curious because I'd like to see what Medusa's version of the halls would be. Like we got Palu's heavenly spot in the menu with its own theme, Viridi got the same except different theme and a more nature feel, and then there's wondering Medusa's version of that, and also interested in offering hearts to her as well.
Medusa's hall would be gloomy and foreboding of course, but otherwise have a style similar to Palutena's.

Saying she "won't play the puppet anymore" at the end of the game shows a realization she had been used for the entire game, and would likely come with some serious questions about her identities and motivations. Was her resentment towards Palutena real, or just ideas planted from the shadows by Hades? There is also the issue of there now being a power vacuum with the position of Underworld ruler being vacant, or at the very least it's monsters running rampant with no one to rein them in. Someone like Medusa is probably necessary for the Underworld to function properly, making her a necessary evil at worst.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree with this none of those characters do it for me personally. I think only Chorus Kids I would try to pick up. Everyone else is "eh" but I can't complain because I did get :ultkrool::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultridley: those 7 right there are more than enough for base roster to me (assuming we get DLC). If we do get DLC I just hope Dixie, Medusa, Captain Toad, or Bandana Dee are among the obvious Spring-Man, newer Pokemon, and Rex/Pyra as 1st party DLC picks.
Well personnally I have :ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultdaisy::ultsimon: so far, and the other newcomers are great (well, Chrom is a little bit debatable, but as an Echo he is entirely fine!). Not to mention the returning veterans of course, especially the reworked :ultzelda:.

But hey, although I was a little bit against the Chorus Kid as the Rhythm Heaven rep, it IS a RH rep so I can still like them. And Mach Rider is really hype for me if true.

Machete

Smash Ace
This isn't my perfect roster since it doesn't have characters like Midna, Buzzwole, Medusa or Dixie Kong, but it has everyone returning on top of :ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultridley::ultinkling:, so it's already MUCH better than I ever expected. I've never liked Shadow and Geno, but I'll gladly take them if the rest of the leak is true.

But I hope they make Mach Rider a woman.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, I hope that the whole "Mach Rider is a woman" thing is true. We may already have Samus as the strong badass woman, but having Mach Rider like this would differenciate make a Samus / Falcon hybrid. And that would be cool.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Yeah, I hope that the whole "Mach Rider is a woman" thing is true. We may already have Samus as the strong badass woman, but having Mach Rider like this would differenciate make a Samus / Falcon hybrid. And that would be cool.
They need to decide on which gender they are though. The outfitted Mach Rider is male, the "revealed" is female. There's no way that small woman gets 2x bigger legs, hands, feet, and arms putting that on. Either they need to bulk her up while keeping her female or just make it male.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So.. the Grinch Leak turns out to be fake.. I was pretty much convinced it was real, but it's not. The company itself confirmed it:

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1055435405640708096?s=09

I'm relieved because now nothing is spoiled anymore.. and Medusa's still in the run.. that final roster would've been nearly perfect in my eyes but I was pissed the whole thing had been leaked, so I'm honestly happy it's fake. Damn impressive leak for sure though!!

On second thought, it might not right out deconfirm the leak.. could be damage control as well. I honestly don't even know anymore.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The thing is, Eric Bricard doesn't work at Marina PLV anymore (it's been a year if I recall well), but at ACP PLV, the leak seems to come from here.

So Marina PLV is doing damage control indeed, but because they get false accusation because of this.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i made a roster that has these leaked characters, plus an extra row for either more base characters(hopefully) or early DLC. my roster is based off thise one made to show what the character select screen could look like with all the characters in the leak

Smash CHaracter select screen.png

And here is mine to show that you can easily add another column just by shrinking the character grid to 97% its size and shifting over the the left a bit.

Smash CHaracter select screen Roster Complete.png

I put uniques of Shantae, Inceniroar, and Skull Kid, with echos Impa, Medusa, and Ms Pac-Man. In theory this could be how the DLC could get fit in, and it could even fit 1 more row with some more scaling, for 14 more DLC characters

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Having to see this here... I really hope it isn't true because honestly the newcomer roster disappoints me save for the croc, the tiger cat, and obviously Medusa, and maybe Shantae too. It's true I'm super picky with a bit of petty, but eh, it's just me. Plus many are sleeping on Phosphora, who still isn't present yet. Though honestly, my hopes for her are going down as of late. :(

If I had to take that list, I'll have to have Pit and Bowser at least, maybe Palu depending on how decent she is this time, and try out the croc and Incineror, but honestly I'd still be disappointed. Part of my problem is that throughout every Smash game, I can only play or have interest in a few characters, which is like a double edge. Like I wish I could try out multiple characters, but being restricted to like 3 that I like does help me stress less and I focus more time to improving with those characters, even though I'm not taking advantage of the large roster and all.

Oh well, at least Pit got buffed compared to his s4 self, so there's that going for me.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Having to see this here... I really hope it isn't true because honestly the newcomer roster disappoints me save for the croc, the tiger cat, and obviously Medusa, and maybe Shantae too. It's true I'm super picky with a bit of petty, but eh, it's just me. Plus many are sleeping on Phosphora, who still isn't present yet. Though honestly, my hopes for her are going down as of late. :(

If I had to take that list, I'll have to have Pit and Bowser at least, maybe Palu depending on how decent she is this time, and try out the croc and Incineror, but honestly I'd still be disappointed. Part of my problem is that throughout every Smash game, I can only play or have interest in a few characters, which is like a double edge. Like I wish I could try out multiple characters, but being restricted to like 3 that I like does help me stress less and I focus more time to improving with those characters, even though I'm not taking advantage of the large roster and all.

Oh well, at least Pit got buffed compared to his s4 self, so there's that going for me.
Sometimes I feel like that too. I play with Zelda the vast majority of the time because I enjoy her the most, but sometimes I feel bad because there are so many characters and I'm only playing with one. What does help is to play friendlies or just loosen up on FG and play with some different characters, like a just do it type of thing. You don't have to be good or get good with that character, as long as you have fun. Or go on random.. maining the whole roster would be nearly impossible depending on how fast and quick you learn tho.. but it's okay to focus on a few if you really enjoy those and if you really want to get better with them.

DreamZeroX

Smash Cadet
So.. the Grinch Leak turns out to be fake.. I was pretty much convinced it was real, but it's not. The company itself confirmed it:

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1055435405640708096?s=09

I'm relieved because now nothing is spoiled anymore.. and Medusa's still in the run.. that final roster would've been nearly perfect in my eyes but I was pissed the whole thing had been leaked, so I'm honestly happy it's fake. Damn impressive leak for sure though!!

On second thought, it might not right out deconfirm the leak.. could be damage control as well. I honestly don't even know anymore.
How do we know it's fake? I really want it to be fake cuz it seems odd to see all the Male Fighters (Not Including Mach Rider) with no inclusion of Medusa.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
How do we know it's fake? I really want it to be fake cuz it seems odd to see all the Male Fighters (Not Including Mach Rider) with no inclusion of Medusa.
It is not confirmed fake. As I said before, Marina PLV have nothing to do with the leak, it's supposed to be coming from ACP PLV instead.

Top Bottom